Old February 23, 2004, 01:40   #91
Zero
PtWDG Glory of WarInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 SpartansPtWDG2 Monkey
King

Local Time: 13:09
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident

yes I am familiar with the operation of a bong. Although I preferred pipes or joints. Actually I preferred joints over pipes as well. But I never did smoke that much. But my best friend was a major stoner. So I have been known to participate at times. But we lived fairly far apart, so it wasn't a daily thing for me.

The rest of my time in high school I spent working (I had an inventory service job) and concentrating on doing well in school. Not sure why. My good grades in high school are meaningless now. I just needed the challenge. But really, high school wasn't all that challenging.
i like blunts, water or gravity bong.
Old February 23, 2004, 12:06   #92
Potassium
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:09
I was in a few, but the most all-encompassing one was the Orgy Group. Everyone in school thought we were having sex with each other. That was wrong, as only a select few did. At least while I was in school.
Old February 23, 2004, 12:38   #93
Stuie
King

Local Time: 14:09
I hung out with the D&D/psuedo-punk crowd back in High School. We even had a garage band; very early 80's type of stuff. I was also accepted by the potheads even though I didn't smoke at the time - that came later. Guess they saw my potential.
Old February 23, 2004, 12:39   #94
Flubber
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG PeaceAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 12:09
hmmm -- we graduated a class of 32 so everyone knew everyone and the cliques kind of blurred. I was "the brain" as I always had the highest grades but I was also one of best players on the hockey team and dated the head cheerleader ( who was super-hot and also got the second-best grades in just about everything). I hung out mainly with the coolest non-stoner in our grade.

The largest identifiable group was probably the stoners that went for a wee bit of hash pretty much every recess. There were 4 or 5 of them on the hockey team so like I said, the lines blurred.
Old March 1, 2004, 20:56   #95
Barinthus
Alpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 10:09
Quote:
Originally posted by Flubber
hmmm -- we graduated a class of 32 so everyone knew everyone and the cliques kind of blurred.
Yeah same for my school. My graduating class was only 72 students so it's one of those schools in which everybody knew each other.

I was in my own cliche - Toga Geek
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	toga.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	65992  
Old March 1, 2004, 21:04   #96
Guynemer
C4WDG The GooniesCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-League
Emperor

There was a program in my school for students "gifted" in math and science; I was also in AP classes for history, english, and the like. That said, I really wasn't a geek or nerd, though there were definitely those who fit those descriptions in the program.

I think it helped that I hung out with all the girls in the program, some of whom were quite hot. Granted, highly sexually frustrating, as I was the friend they *****ed about their boyfriends to, but its hard to complain too much when surrounded by hot girls who obviously think the world of you.
Old March 1, 2004, 21:30   #97
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 18:09
I was always slapped together with the Jocks in HS. I played football wrestling and track. Was the school sports "star". All-conference RB (offered a position at UW-Madison, a Div I college, but no scholarship), annual state trip in wrestling and track, but I never considered myself a jock. I actually hated the jocks. I only played because I was good (and I liked playing). I never did anything with them in school or out of it. Never maintained contact with any of them. The people I hung out with were the "Choir" group. Hey, lots of chicks in the choir. There was also a sub-group in the choir group that played D&D. That was my main group.
Old March 1, 2004, 21:54   #98
Kramerman
Prince

I was known by most (graduating class of 340), but not very well. No one that I know of didnt like me, and most people who knew me liked me quite a bit. I wasnt popular, tho had some popular traits (athletic and far from dorky... almost cool even, but not quite cause i didnt drink or smoke anything), nor was i nerdy, but i definately have some nerdy traits (love to play dungeons and dragons and video games... 'nuff said). Overall it balanced out and i was in the middle, with my own circle of close friends who shared common interests and since of humor. Neither particular liked or disliked, I enjoyed my rather low-profile high school career. i have many fond memories from the time. My only regret is that I never really had a girl friend, tho i had many close friends that were girls. Almost once, but it didnt work out between us. oh well, no real prom memories for Kman

interesting thread topic
Old March 1, 2004, 21:57   #99
Kramerman
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Donegeal
I was always slapped together with the Jocks in HS. I played football wrestling and track. Was the school sports "star". All-conference RB (offered a position at UW-Madison, a Div I college, but no scholarship), annual state trip in wrestling and track, but I never considered myself a jock. I actually hated the jocks. I only played because I was good (and I liked playing). I never did anything with them in school or out of it. Never maintained contact with any of them. The people I hung out with were the "Choir" group. Hey, lots of chicks in the choir. There was also a sub-group in the choir group that played D&D. That was my main group.
hey, thats pretty similar to me, actually. i knew all the jocks cause i played sports and was good at 'em, but never really befriended them. Their interests and sense of humor were just too differnent for any deep friendships to develop
Old March 1, 2004, 22:09   #100
Kontiki
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Kramerman
I was known by most (graduating class of 340), but not very well. No one that I know of didnt like me, and most people who knew me liked me quite a bit. I wasnt popular, tho had some popular traits (athletic and far from dorky... almost cool even, but not quite cause i didnt drink or smoke anything), nor was i nerdy, but i definately have some nerdy traits (love to play dungeons and dragons and video games... 'nuff said). Overall it balanced out and i was in the middle, with my own circle of close friends who shared common interests and since of humor. Neither particular liked or disliked, I enjoyed my rather low-profile high school career. i have many fond memories from the time.
Up to here, this pretty much sounds like my high school experience, although I wasn't into D&D or video games, and my graduating class was considerably bigger (in the neighbourhood of 650). I was very sporty, but not as much in the traditional "jock" sports (football, wrestling) - I played tennis, volleyball, track and, for a few years, basketball. I never hung out with the jocks on a regular basis, though, nor with any other identifiable clique. I knew lots of people and lots of people knew me. I wasn't super popular, but I certainly wasn't a social outcast either.
Old March 1, 2004, 22:17   #101
Kramerman
Prince

yeah, i did track and basketball as well. i kinda regret not playing football tho. looking back i think i could have been pretty good
Old March 1, 2004, 22:53   #102
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 18:09
Everyone knew me. "Great game Don" (or the like) was a common thing I heard at school. I almost never knew the person who would say it. It still happens today ("I remember you from HS!"), although its at work. Funny thing is, I work in a Jail.
Old March 1, 2004, 23:49   #103
Flip McWho
Warlord

Local Time: 06:09
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Pretty much the same as JohnT, actually almost exactly the same except I only finished high school two years ago.

Quote:
i like blunts, water or gravity bong.
Water bongs are great. I'm a fan of pipes, considering I brought and use one.
Old March 1, 2004, 23:52   #104
SpencerH
Civilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 13:09
I'm a fan o the pipes too.

I occasionally train (powerlift) while listening. There's nothing like the skirling of 'Black bear' to get the berzerkergang going.
If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.
Old March 1, 2004, 23:57   #105
Flip McWho
Warlord

Local Time: 06:09
Local Date: November 3, 2010
I'm assuming your talking about bagpipes. I play those. Black Bear is a good tune, though I've never actually learnt it proper.