Old February 26, 2004, 17:07   #391
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 19:14
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Alas poor Guynemer. It looks like our cosy discussions, down by the river, about who is the mafia are coming to an end. To some extent because we are fishing friends, I hesitated to believe you are one, but I was coming to that conclusion.

And that tidy doctor's salary of yours was building up nicely. Have you made a will in case you don't want your estate and money going into the development fund by default. I owe you that.

Thebeeeyeeen's (is that correct) bank account didn't amount to much. Not much of a future in tailoring.
Old February 26, 2004, 17:17   #392
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Honghu:

Sweepstake: Skanky Burns and Herc

I wonder what that's about.

For the sweepstake, ADG and GhengisFarb
Old February 26, 2004, 18:19   #393
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 18:14
Quote:
IT"S MORE ABOUT STAYING ALIVE THAN ACTUALLY GETTING THE MAFIA.
Which is great unless the Mafia kills you

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 26, 2004, 18:53   #394
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

Local Time: 13:14
Which is the second point. If you're docpiling, you are not as big as a threat to the mafias, and not as likely a target. And Docpiling has nailed some Mafias.
Old February 26, 2004, 18:53   #395
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 20:14
You can say that again...

PS: Don't even think about it Jamski.
Old February 26, 2004, 19:40   #396
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 12:14
I am still confident Hercules is a Mafia.
Spore page
Old February 26, 2004, 19:53   #397
Guynemer
C4WDG The GooniesCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 14:14
sigh... had a feeling that would happen.

I don't blame you guys, but I'm sorry to report that we have once again failed to catch the Mafia. I am an innocent man. I only ask that I be allowed to adminster to myself a combination of drugs that will quickly and painlessly end my life. Any and all may supervise.
Old February 26, 2004, 20:20   #398
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

No drugs !!!!! Be a man and use a pointy thingy...
Old February 26, 2004, 22:06   #399
Hercules
Deity

Quote:
Alva:

No drugs !!!!! Be a man and use a pointy thingy...

I think he wants you to fall forward on to a pitch fork.
Old February 26, 2004, 22:16   #400
Guynemer
Emperor

I humbly beg you--I accept your death sentence, though wrongly accused I am. Please, allow me to expire in relative peace.
Old February 26, 2004, 22:55   #401
Hercules
Deity

In light of continuing murderous events, Hercules sits down on the river bank to consider his fellow villagers. It is at times like this he wishes he owned an alsatian or terrier. Instead all he had was a goldfish in a bowl. An alarm fish: Bubble Bubble.

Anyhow:

ADG: Seems to quietly get on with running the food store. No obvious connections to the deaths.

GhengisFarb: Had connections with Thebannnnnn who in turn worked occasionally with the ( late) mountain boys. Claims to post a massive amount of posts every day but strangely reticent in this current game.

Vovan: Obsessional Blacksmith with one track mind: me.

Skanky Burns: Village hero but with a past.

CapitanGarlic: Generally keeping low profile but must be aware that mafia are known to have long association with the hospitality and entertainment industry. ie people who work in Inns.
'How do you like your horses head sir,' Still hasn't given answer as to why Zopp struggled in his death pangs to his door. Was this a clue

Rah: Don't you dare vote for him. He makes a very convincing case, repeatedly, of it not being him. Could be a wonderful strategy. His pet hobby is spotting and killing mafia before they kill him. Needs to be kept alive so as we can be enlightened of all the devious ploys he has used.

Hercules: amateur banker detective but with a small fan base (see above)

Spaced Cowboy: kinda been there , done that. but is he doing it again.
Old February 26, 2004, 23:31   #402
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 21:14
No doubt about who'll bite the dust this time. This round took a bit longer than it should have, I've been occupied.

Alive
Name
Vote
&nbsp
Name
Vote
ADGGuynemer&nbspGuynemerRah
Skanky BurnsGuynemer&nbspSpaced CowboyGuynemer
HerculesGuynemer&nbspRahGuynemer
GhengisFarbGuynemer&nbspCapitanGarlicN/A
VovanHercules&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp
Dead
Name
Cause of Death
&nbsp
Name
Cause of Death
JonnyMafia (Impalement) - R1&nbspDrogueVillage - R1
SpifforMafia (Suffocation) - R2&nbspDrSpikeVillage - R2
Vlad AntlerkovMafia (Impalement) - R3&nbspDuke o' yorkVillage - R3
PaveMafia (Suffocation) - R4&nbspAlvaVillage - R4
HongHuMafia (Impalement) - R5&nbspJon MillerVillage - R5
JamskiMafia (Suffocation) - R6&nbspFlameFlashVillage - R6
ZopperoniMafia (Impalement) - R7&nbspFrozzyVillage - R7
ThebenMafia (Suffocation) - R8&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp
Village Status
&nbsp
Votes
Day
&nbsp1) Guynemer - 6
2) Hercules, Rah - 1
Old February 26, 2004, 23:50   #403
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 21:14
Act Eight, continued

It was time for Guynemer to go.

"I am an innocent man. I only ask that I be allowed to adminster to myself a combination of drugs that will quickly and painlessly end my life. Any and all may supervise", the Doctor begged..

"Silence, evil Mafia! We'll kill you any way we want to!" The innkeeper Rah shouted.

"I have an idea", said Spaced Cowboy. The villagers locked the poor man of medicine into a small wooden shed, which they then burned down.

Act Nine

Early in the morning Spaced Cowboy woke up the sound of his door and the barricades behind it crashing violently down. He grabbed his cleaver and ran downstairs to see what had happened. On the porch was the postman Skanky Burns, covered in his own blood.

"T....", he managed to utter.

"What? To? Te? Th? Ta? Who was it?"

"I can't name him, that'd be too easy. So all I'm going to say is: T... aargh", Skanky Burns said, and promptly died, a pitchfork protruding from his back.

Alive
Name
Vote
&nbsp
Name
Vote
ADGN/A&nbspCapitanGarlicN/A
VovanN/A&nbspSpaced CowboyN/A
HerculesN/A&nbspRahN/A
GhengisFarbN/A&nbsp&nbspN/A
Dead
Name
Cause of Death
&nbsp
Name
Cause of Death
JonnyMafia (Impalement) - R1&nbspDrogueVillage - R1
SpifforMafia (Suffocation) - R2&nbspDrSpikeVillage - R2
Vlad AntlerkovMafia (Impalement) - R3&nbspDuke o' yorkVillage - R3
PaveMafia (Suffocation) - R4&nbspAlvaVillage - R4
HongHuMafia (Impalement) - R5&nbspJon MillerVillage - R5
JamskiMafia (Suffocation) - R6&nbspFlameFlashVillage - R6
ZopperoniMafia (Impalement) - R7&nbspFrozzyVillage - R7
ThebenMafia (Suffocation) - R8&nbspGuynemer Village - R8
Skanky BurnsMafia (Impalement) - R9&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp
Village Status
&nbsp
Votes
Day
&nbsp&nbsp

Next time, I'll try to throw in something more subtle yet useful if interpreted right. We're running out of villagers, and I want to give you some help. Not that I already haven't, but it's not my fault if you haven't picked it/them up.
Old February 27, 2004, 00:04   #404
Guynemer
Emperor

Burned alive?!?!

Un****ingbelievable! I provide years of medical service to you people, and what thanks do I get? Wrongly accused of murder--and yet, I humbly and quietly resign myself to your judgment, asking only to go peacefully.

BURNED ALIVE?!

I'm gonna haunt you mother****ers like you wouldn't believe. With my medical knowledge and ghostly abilities, I'll invisibly slip in and out of your chambers and slap you around in the most sensitive areas possible.

Burned alive... ****ing ingrates!
Old February 27, 2004, 00:21   #405
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Interesting... so Frozzy didn't impale me, after all.
Old February 27, 2004, 00:29   #406
Guynemer
Emperor

New theory... we have two letters, L and T. I think we can safely assume that Lawrence Taylor is NOT the Mafia.

Given then, perhaps these hints are as simple as matching them to a list of villagers, L being the 12th and T being the 21st. Of course, there were only 24 villagers, so perhaps this isn't the perfect solution.

According to the list HongHu had earlier, that would point at ADG and Thybun.

hmmm... seeing how Thorben can't be the mafia, I suppose this system has certain flaws...
Old February 27, 2004, 00:52   #407
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

You may be on to something there, Guy.

[whispers to Guy] T is actually the 20th letter, not the 21st, and that corresponds to none other than CapitanGarlic on the list...[/whispers]
Old February 27, 2004, 02:07   #408
Theben
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Jonny
You may be on to something there, Guy.

[whispers to Guy] T is actually the 20th letter, not the 21st, and that corresponds to none other than CapitanGarlic on the list...[/whispers]
Oh please... you could make up any connections based on codes. OTOH, 'L' could correspond to "Lumberjack' (Spaced Cowboy) and 'T' for 'Tanner' (GenghisFarb).
I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned
Old February 27, 2004, 05:31   #409
duke o' york
Civilization II Succession Games
Emperor

Yeah, but it's the making up that's the fun! I'm intrigues by your code The Bean......

I'm amazed that rah has survived this long once again. Not because I think he's the mafia, but because the figures of authority always buy it first in this crazy village. The policeman is traditionally the victim of the first docpile, and in this game both the landowners bought it quite early on too. Yet the only one with any real power around here is the forum mod. And he never gets killed straight off.

I'm fairly sure that HongHu is barking up the wrong tree with her idea that the mafia will always be someone who hasn't been one before. The game is still wide open.

I'd also like to point out that Skanky Burns died like a terrible ham. I bet he was rolling in the dust and moaning for ages before he actually died.
Great write-up Kass.
Old February 27, 2004, 05:35   #410
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 05:14
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Kassiopeia
"I can't name him, that'd be too easy. So all I'm going to say is: T... aargh", Skanky Burns said, and promptly died, a pitchfork protruding from his back.
Even in death I am still a bastard.
Looks like these poor saps haven't even caught a single mafia yet. By law of probability they should have lucked one by now.
Old February 27, 2004, 06:47   #411
Hercules
Deity

Those L and T comments present a fairly convincing case.

From my point of view I don't think its Rah and I don't think it is Spaced. That leaves ADG, Vovan and CapitanGarlic which still includes the two main candidates.

CapitanGarlic didn't vote last time. Also he still hasn't given a reason for Zopp struggling to his door.

So I vote CapitanGarlic. You know working in the village Inn kills you one way or another.
Old February 27, 2004, 06:56   #412
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

I can't seem to find head and tail in those clue, and I don't think it's rah either, since he's an anti-mafia mafia, and since both mafia's is still alive, this takes him out... CapitanGarlic gets my vote this time...
Old February 27, 2004, 07:03   #413
Hercules
Deity

Guynemer:

Sorry about the manner of your death, but at least everybody 'warmed' to you in the end.

I was a bit sad about Skanky's death having been in the Honghu wars together and it was while tiding up Skanky's bank account (I think he would have wished his savings to go into the the development fund) that I suddenly realised Skanky was not only the postman but the bank courier to the outside world. So someone was trying to throw suspicion my way. Hmmm..

But it was a fine death in a great acting tradition. Even in their sorrow those who watched applauded.
Old February 27, 2004, 07:13   #414
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

7 people left and still 2 mafia's Really isn't going well. Looking very like a mafia win, which we haven't had for a while.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old February 27, 2004, 07:45   #415
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 12:14
CapitanGarlic.
Old February 27, 2004, 08:01   #416
Theben
Deity

For those of you not mafia: I know who's the suffocator. Still trying to figure out the impaler, so hold off voting for el capitan (he's not mafia).

p.s. and as I try ro send this I can't access Apolyton for some reason. The mafia strikes again!
I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned
Old February 27, 2004, 08:03   #417
Theben
Deity

hmm 3 for el capitan. I urge the rest to vote for ADG, he's the suffocator (evidence it a minute).
Old February 27, 2004, 08:14   #418
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Ooh, it's the Poirot method of getting everyone in the room, then slowly and painstakingly reveal your brilliant deductions.
Old February 27, 2004, 08:19   #419
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Theben
hmm 3 for el capitan. I urge the rest to vote for ADG, he's the suffocator (evidence it a minute).
Come on, hurry up... I can't wait to see the so-called "evidence" against me
Old February 27, 2004, 08:25   #420
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

If a =1, d = 4 and g = 7, then ADG = 12

L = 12 ! ADG is the killer !

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.