DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 19:13
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Drogue
Old February 21, 2004, 07:55   #32
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

One thousand and ten, one thousand and twenty, one thousand and thirty. Hercules finished counting the days receipts and put the 1030 euros into the bank safe. Yesterday he could have left them on the counter for there had never been a robbery in the village since as far back as anyone could remember, but today after that terrible murder, everything had changed.

What worries me, thought Hercules was the swift burial. We never got the full autopsy report and more importantly we never got the chance to make sausages, meat pies or hamburgers.

Some of the villagers seem to believe it is Drogue but is it possible just because Drogue wanted the farms. Yes it is.

Anyway the village needed a co-operative bank, with a caring investment policy not a bank that invested heavily in the arms industry.
Old February 21, 2004, 08:01   #33
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Local Time: 20:13
Hercules, can't you get rid of that annoying blue text...
Old February 21, 2004, 08:08   #34
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 18:13
Hmm... a pitchfork. A farmers weapon, but probably too obvious to be one of the farmers. However, a roming hunter like alva could easily have taken one from one of the farms.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old February 21, 2004, 08:13   #35
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Looks like I'm gone Oh well. Though why would a banker kill someone, surely he'd pay someone to do it for him? And a farmer? It's not like I could stand to get dirt on my pristine suit. Deary me no. Silly villiagers. Have fun with little mafia. My legacy should be able to keep him going for quite some time

These silly cretins wouldn't know the look of organised crime if it were placed on a pitchfork and rammed through their middles...

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Last edited by Drogue; February 21, 2004 at 09:05.
Old February 21, 2004, 08:40   #36
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 05:13
Local Date: November 3, 2010

Go out in style.
Old February 21, 2004, 08:50   #37
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I'll blame alva, just to take some heat off Drogue

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 21, 2004, 10:09   #38
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Nice Jamski
Old February 21, 2004, 10:47   #39
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

The omens don't good for me...
Old February 21, 2004, 12:03   #40
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Local Time: 13:13
Joining the Docpile Drogue
Old February 21, 2004, 12:11   #41
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Local Time: 12:13
I vote for Jon Miller as he's in a leadership/law enforcemtent position and its tradition to vote them off.

Plus, it's his JOB to prevent this kind of stuff from happening and he doesn't appear to be doing his job very well.

Sweepstakes picks: Jamski and Jon Miller.
Old February 21, 2004, 12:28   #42
Guynemer
C4WDG The GooniesCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-League
Emperor

Local Time: 14:13
I've completed the autopsy; here are the significant findings:

The pitchfork lacerated the aorta about 2 cm above the renal arteries, causing Jonny to exsanguinate internally within seconds; the small bowel was also punctured, without major comparative consequence. Near as I can tell, not being a pathologist, there didn't appear to be any signs of struggle.

A Tennessee Titans tattoo was observed on the left buttock, which just disturbed the heck outta me.
Old February 21, 2004, 12:51   #43
Adagio
staff
Spore
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Guynemer
A Tennessee Titans tattoo was observed on the left buttock, which just disturbed the heck outta me.
Old February 21, 2004, 12:57   #44
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 21:13
Quote:
to exsanguinate internally
Now now, I think "internal bleeding" will suffice.
Old February 21, 2004, 13:43   #45
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Jon Miller is the obvious mafia, since nobody would dare show resistance to our lord, even when he's impaling someone...
Old February 21, 2004, 13:50   #46
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by vovan
PS: Oh, and also: great story, Kassiopeia. Maybe you should join the Storywriters' Guild.
I've written my share of Alpha Centauri fiction in my time, so why not.
Old February 21, 2004, 14:52   #47
Theben
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by vovan
I'm guessing either Pave or alva... What's with them roaming the mountains alone, away from the people's sight. Who knows what evil they have agreed to do?
[kindly old man voice]
Ahh, there yer wrong, my laddie. I've traveled on many trips with the youngsters and never a hint o' trouble out of them... if you ask me, the young duke has been wanting his daddy's estate and wealth fer awhile now... and there have been plenty o' rumors about that accident... pray watch what you say a'getting righteous folks in trouble when thay ain't done no harm. Could come back to you.
[/kindly old man voice]
I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned
Old February 21, 2004, 14:53   #48
Theben
Deity

note to self: Get avatar that doesn't look like deranged psychotic killer.
I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned
Old February 21, 2004, 17:40   #49
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

Local Time: 06:13
Quote:
As it would to me. It is obviously a sign of all that is evil in the world.

Did I mention I hate Tennessee? Greatly?
Old February 21, 2004, 17:42   #50
Frozzy
PtWDG2 SunshineNationStatesCall To Power SuperLeague
Emperor

Local Time: 06:13
Flaming Thumbtacks must die! Vote Jonny! Oh... he's already dead? Damn.

Be off with you Jon Miller! Evil Mafia!
Old February 21, 2004, 18:03   #51
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally posted by Theben
note to self: Get avatar that doesn't look like deranged psychotic killer.
Old February 21, 2004, 18:45   #52
Kassiopeia
Emperor

FlameFlash, duke o' york, Jon Miller, rah and CapitanGarlic have yet to vote. With five votes pending, and five votes being the difference between the current leader and the two runner-ups, we might get the needed majority soon.

Edit: The 24 hour mark is also drawing near, so things really don't look too good for Drogue.

Edit2: Silly me. Duke left me voting instructions in that PM he mentioned in the sign-up thread, as he's busy during the weekend, so I'm going to present his vote now: Duke o' york votes rah.

Therefore, since the runner-ups can not receive the needed votes to reach a tie with Drogue any longer, he shall be executed by the village.

Last edited by Kassiopeia; February 21, 2004 at 19:00.
Old February 21, 2004, 19:10   #53
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

I would have docpiled Drogue anyway
Old February 21, 2004, 19:34   #54
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Act One (cont.)

Lord Jon took out a piece of paper and a pen. The villagers sat in their chairs, the atmosphere as tense as could be expected.

"This shall be an open ballot. No one should have anything to hide, after all", Jon said. "Whoever is deemed guilty, shall be punished by death. That has been the tradition."

The other villagers nodded, and one after another started to cast their votes - who they thought was behind the murder of Jonny, according to the rather small amount of evidence provided.

After a while, even though Jon hadn't given any numbers yet, the banker started to feel very uncomfortable. "Drogue", many villagers said, with only a few stray votes given to various people.

Finally, when four votes were yet to be cast, Lord Jon nodded to himself and stood up. "One person has received eight votes, while some others have received three. Hence there is no need to hear the remaining four votes." FlameFlash, Rah, and CapitanGarlic let out a sigh of relief - the arbitrator usually voted last, so Jon didn't have to vote either.

"Who is it?" someone asked.

"Drogue", Jon said with slight anxiety. Obviously a prominent position wasn't a healthy one, as he personally wasn't quite assured that Drogue was the Mafia. In fact, he had received a few votes himself. The villagers were eyeing each other very suspiciously through the whole process, and Jon started to think that an open ballot wasn't such a good idea.

"How shall he die?" asked another.

"I plead as my last wish that I be executed by poison. Doctor Guynemer must have some substances that he uses to make medicine that can be lethal with the right amounts", Drogue exclaimed, very distraught by the sentence. He was too shocked to even argue his innocence.

"We shall honour your wish", Jon Miller said.

"I can not give the poison myself because of my oath", Guynemer noted, "but I will let the other villagers use my chemicals in the way they see fit. The cabinet is at my practice."

"Doctor, do you have any cyanide?" asked DrSpike. "It's poisonous, I believe, as long as it's not mixed in wine."

"Yes. How did you know?"

"I've read about Rasputin", the journalist explained. Nobody knew what he was talking about, but the villagers nodded in mock understanding.

Drogue had never read about the execution of Socrates either, but he drank the poison sitting on his bed in a very similar fashion, closed his eyes, and passed away. He was buried the same evening.

The villagers returned to their homes to a restless night of sleep, haunted by the sight of a demolished yet stoic man accepting his own death. Had they succeeded? Did the killing end with the glass of water Drogue had in his bedroom?

Alive
Name
Vote
&nbsp
Name
Vote
ADGN/A&nbspGuynemerN/A
Skanky BurnsN/A&nbspZopperoniN/A
DrSpikeN/A&nbspRahN/A
PaveN/A&nbspThebenN/A
JamskiN/A&nbspFlameFlashN/A
AlvaN/A&nbspVlad AntlerkovN/A
Spaced CowboyN/A&nbspVovanN/A
SpifforN/A&nbspFrozzyN/A
Jon MillerN/A&nbspHerculesN/A
GhengisFarbN/A&nbspDuke o' YorkN/A
CapitanGarlicN/A&nbspHongHuN/A
Dead
Name
Cause of Death
&nbsp
Name
Cause of Death
JonnyMafia (Impalement - R1)&nbspDrogueVillage - R1
Village Status
&nbsp
Votes
Night
&nbsp

Last edited by Kassiopeia; February 21, 2004 at 21:03.
Old February 21, 2004, 19:35   #55
GhengisFarb™
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG Glory of WarCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by rah
I would have docpiled Drogue anyway
That's the spirit, if you don't have a choice anymore you might as well be happy with it.
Old February 21, 2004, 20:14   #56
rah
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Just another peon

Yep, I had a long night last night, and didn't get a chance to check in until it was immaterial.
Old February 21, 2004, 20:33   #57
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Cool story Kass.............you're English is first rate.
Old February 21, 2004, 20:56   #58
alva
Civilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Cake or Death?PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

'T isz indeed
Old February 21, 2004, 21:38   #59
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

HongHu

is the mafia

Jon Miller
Old February 21, 2004, 21:41   #60
Jon Miller
staff
ApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization II MultiplayerRise of Nations MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliC4DG Vox
OTF Moderator

oh, that vote was for last time

I might think somoene else is the mafia for next time

Jon Miller