Old February 22, 2004, 21:24   #31
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 13:14
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Oh gosh. I'm so glad that you guys are here. See that's why I said I'm bad at wars and other things. I remember now that it will be a problem if they want to set up a base at our land. I need a detailed plan about how and when we should do what.

I'm going to change the interceptor to penetrator and press end turn and post it.

Hong Hu,

You did a good turn.

Thanks.

Mead
Old February 23, 2004, 12:31   #32
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 20:14
i know i;m probably late, but i would like to make too comments for the next turns :
1) if we're planning to go to conquering war , do less defending units (spetialy penetrators and interseptors) and more choppers, just to fatigate the enemy.
2) why aren't we doing 6^1-1 infantery (drop misile) without the expansive shield? i know we'll eventualy have to defened the conquered bases, but better have more attacking units to the enemy far away then landing with the intention to defend our self....
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 24, 2004, 11:50   #33
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 18:14
HongHu, Mead, and all

Nice turn. Kody would be proud of you all

Sorry, life is... interesting... right now, and I'm a bit "out of the loop" too much to offer any kind of useful comment right now.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 24, 2004, 14:11   #34
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 12:14
Dear Jamski, don't worry for us and good luck on your new job. If you have some time perhaps you could help me by giving me a design of an energy park on a 3 x 3 area or 5 x 5 area. That would be most helpful.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 25, 2004, 18:52   #35
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 18:14
Chessboard pattern is most efficient.

So I am told, and so have I always used.

Code:
MSMSMS
SMSMSM
MSMSMS
SMSMSM
With M is a mirror and S is a solar.

The other popular pattern is

Code:
MMMMM
SSSSS
MMMMM
SSSSS
MMMMM
Is that ok?

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 25, 2004, 19:28   #36
Mead
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Chessboard pattern is most efficient.

So I am told, and so have I always used.

Code:
MSMSMS
SMSMSM
MSMSMS
SMSMSM
With M is a mirror and S is a solar.

The other popular pattern is

Code:
MMMMM
SSSSS
MMMMM
SSSSS
MMMMM
Is that ok?

-Jam
How about something like:

SSSSSS
SESSES
SSSSSS

Note that every solar is touching an echelon mirror.
This pattern only requires 2 Echelon mirrors to give a bonus to 16 solar cells. This is an efficient design.

This is important because Echelons take a lot more former turns to build and they do not produce as much energy as an echelon enhanced solar.

Mead
Old February 25, 2004, 20:20   #37
Mead
King

If my proposed design is more efficient than those currently in use (or planned) by the other factions, then let's not publish my proposed design in the General/Help forum until after the game.

Mead
Old February 26, 2004, 01:16   #38
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

I like your design Mead. I don't think mount doom has that large of an area though. I think we would only be able to do a 3x3 mini park. I guess the good side is that we won't need to worry for its defense that much.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 27, 2004, 13:41   #39
Snowflake
Princess

I would like to have some discussion before we get the next turn. Do we want to go according to buster's plan, and do a combined invasion on Drones turn 2159 our turn 2160, or do we want to go solo on 2159?

The major risk is we would perhaps only have two probes on the base we take and we will need to be prepared for Uni probes that will try to convert the base. In other words we have the risk of losing the entire envasion forces. One thing we can do is try clear out the probes within reach using our choppers. I'd like to have some opinions from your guys, especially who have seen the last turn.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 27, 2004, 22:45   #40
Mead
King

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
I would like to have some discussion before we get the next turn. Do we want to go according to buster's plan, and do a combined invasion on Drones turn 2159 our turn 2160, or do we want to go solo on 2159?

The major risk is we would perhaps only have two probes on the base we take and we will need to be prepared for Uni probes that will try to convert the base. In other words we have the risk of losing the entire envasion forces. One thing we can do is try clear out the probes within reach using our choppers. I'd like to have some opinions from your guys, especially who have seen the last turn.
My intent, if we can do it is to seal off Longreach with needlejets 'aerial blockade the road and river' while we drop in our entire invasion force into Longreach.

If we can seal off the road and river then we need only patrol the fungus immediatley adjacent Longrerach to ensure there are no Probes hiding there.

I have a couple of concerns that worry me.

First, we need at least two needlejets to seal off the road and river.

Second, I noticed Uni building an interceptor that should be ready for use this turn. Do they have more? Does CyCon have any yet? Are they in range of where we intend to employ our needlejets near Longreach?

I suggest we move our forces closer to Longreach in 2158 to permit a taking of Longreach in 2159 if it looks a go.

I noted that the Digital Daily suggested that CyCon was going Free Market. This may imply, if true, that AOE intends to buy (probe) our units and bases.

Mead
Old February 28, 2004, 00:30   #41
Snowflake
Princess

Does free market increase probe successful rate? I didn't know this. Or are you talking about they are accumulating ecs?

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 28, 2004, 11:35   #42
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

it would help them acumulating ECS to convert our units.
any way i dont think we'll loose much by wating for drones, and better conbined as closly as posible so we can do a clean short sweeft over UNI.

is it posible to open a cooperation forum with them where only rou factions can enter, just to plan the war?
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 28, 2004, 11:40   #43
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

longreach has citys close ot it. we can expact their proves to go around making trouble.

i think the best would be to drop all units to longreach with probl team and then drop from city to right next to proxy city after "choppering" the citys till we're sure we can get them so we'll only need one prob per city to protect our units or even only for the citys at front line.
Old February 28, 2004, 13:56   #44
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by t_ras
is it posible to open a cooperation forum with them where only rou factions can enter, just to plan the war?
Yes, it is possible to give members of each forum (or a "representative member" from each forum) access to the others' forum. However, since this means that the CivGroup icon for the other team would appear next to that poster's name, it's rather likely that someone on the target team may notice that you have someone marked as a "member" of both teams.

So it highly depends on how much it's worth being able to see each others' forums versus preserving the element of surprise if the alliance is secret.

There's also the matter of whether you guys (beyond simply this team) consider giving access to each others' private forums within the bounds of "fair play" for this game. In at least one other DG, this has been ruled out because the teams decided it would be more interesting o force the allies to trust each other without really KNOWING what the other ally was talking about inside their forum. I don't know what rules you guys have set up here, though.

I'm not familiar enough with the political situation in this game to have any clue.... who are our enemies and friends? All I've managed to figure out so far is that I think we're allied with PEACE (the Pirates) against the Drones? Where does the University and the Consciousness fit into all of this? The Believers (which are an AI, I presume)?

Is there a basic FAQ someone can point me to concerning the political, economic, military, research situation in the game?
Old February 28, 2004, 15:01   #45
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

i dont think letting them enter our forum is good.

what i meant is to open a new one (without icon) which will be in use onle for war movements coordinations.

PS:
this foruns might explain something to you:
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=98047
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...6&pagenumber=4
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...0&pagenumber=3
http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...&goto=lastpost
or open ICQ
Old February 28, 2004, 21:35   #46
Snowflake
Princess

We already have such a forum.

Go here and you'll see the Hive embassy. If you don't see it, that means you have not been granted access. You need to register at CGN, and then let me know to inform buster to add you.

Grapefruit Garden