Old March 2, 2004, 11:05   #31
Sir Og
Prince

Local Time: 21:19
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I tried to capture two Antaran frigates(the smallest class ship) that were attacking one of my stars. I made a battleship full of assault shuttles and sent it to the star that was going to be attacked and made a save before the turn of the attack.
During the battle all I did was sending the assault shuttles to capture the ships. Usulally it takes three raids by the shuttles to kill the Antaran marines and capture the ships but they allways explode after capture. I reloaded several times but the effects were always the same.

Last edited by Sir Og; March 2, 2004 at 11:13.
Sir Og is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4, 2004, 03:20   #32
bakalov
Prince

If you do it always with the same sequence of actions then you always will get the same rezult. I think this is because the seed of the random generator is saved. You can try skipping turns, firing/not firing on particular turns, and you can find a sequence that leads to normal capturing of the ship(s).
Old March 4, 2004, 11:56   #33
Sir Og
Prince

I have managed to capture an Antaran ship in my last game so now I know first hand that the chance for detonation of the QD is less than 100%.

btw Bakalov are you in Bulgaria or abroad?
Old March 5, 2004, 03:35   #34
bakalov
Prince

I'm in BG - work and live in Sofia. My ICQ# is 20457526, if you are interested :-) I'm online from 9.00 to 18.00 usually ...
Old March 5, 2004, 06:09   #35
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 13:19
Quote:
Originally posted by Garth Vader

Neutron blaster and death ray will kill marines, but the antaren damper field blocks those effects. But that works against other ships.

Traing your crew does nothing for marine combat. It uses your ground combat values.
That's the key.

Try to research better hand weapons when you know you won't be using the ship weapon in the same research slot (I usually end up with phasor rifles this way). Also, remember armor effects both ships and troops.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
The Mad Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5, 2004, 06:11   #36
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 13:19
Quote:
Originally posted by bakalov
If you do it always with the same sequence of actions then you always will get the same rezult. I think this is because the seed of the random generator is saved. You can try skipping turns, firing/not firing on particular turns, and you can find a sequence that leads to normal capturing of the ship(s).
It works the same way when you scrap the ships for tech -- if you're not happy with the results, wait a turn.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
The Mad Monk is offline   Reply With Quote