Arthedain
staff
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation

Local Time: 20:25
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by PinkyGen
Other notes:
1. We can use those immigrants, and I'd like to hear plans on what to do with the immigrants from Saudi Arabia. (aka, the southern ones). What to do about them?
(cheap answer: If a zion worker is down there, use it to build a city, and disband immigrants for a massive T-34 factory. )
I like this idea, but can we build T-34's?
Old March 3, 2004, 11:47   #34
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 15:25
That's the best part, I want to know how we're going to bui;d T-34s
Old March 3, 2004, 13:24   #35
PinkyGen
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy Game: Exodus
Prince

Local Time: 18:25
Well that's certainly a rub, considering that we probably don't have the tech yet.

We could do armored cars (though I doubt we have that), planes, or Palmach (which I know we got). It would probably be better if we could get them to the homeland, but the city could turn out some palmach and a transport to go attack the Egyptians.
Old March 4, 2004, 16:12   #36
PinkyGen
Prince

So have the orders been dispatched, people know what their doing, the gameplan set. If not, why is no one posting?

What is left to be disputed before moving on and finishing the turn?
Old March 4, 2004, 16:47   #37
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 14:25
Ill be ready once we post a set of priorities.
Old March 5, 2004, 06:52   #38
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 04:25
Local Date: November 3, 2010
The sinai commander awaiting start fo next turn
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old March 5, 2004, 08:21   #39
Dr. Nick
Deity

I want some input from yaros before we go ahead, if possible.
Old March 7, 2004, 02:42   #40
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

ok, we wil awit the all knowing yaros first . wisdom is very important...
Old March 7, 2004, 11:09   #41
Dr. Nick
Deity

YAROSLAV!
Old March 7, 2004, 17:40   #42
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 19:25
Err, what kind of iput Martin? I'm still cathcing up, you know
Old March 7, 2004, 17:58   #43
Dr. Nick
Deity

Read the whole thread, damnit!
Old March 7, 2004, 18:25   #44
yaroslav
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I've post analysis in my threads, but now I'm going to answer Martin about my fronts and others

Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence
Northern Front

Points of Interest: 2
  • Golan Heights
  • Lebanon Road

The Golan is a hard nut to crack of course, and at the moment, defences look acceptable. Tiberias looks snug, only vulnerable to occasionaly incursions, and I will be
As to (b), well, there's three options. The ground option, having artillery on hand to pound enemy that comes into range of the artillery. It's a cheap option, but it allows the enemy to draw up close to us in a matter I do not like much, especially if we decide to make our stand at Nahariyyah rather than the hills. The second option is air, which is costly. Firstly, because planes are expensive. Secondly, because enemy fighters roam the area, and losing planes is even more expensive, to the point of being economic tragedy. However, a well placed bomber raid can effectivelly halt all Lebanese operations in the area, and it gives us the great benefit of range, and keeping the war away from our cities. Last, is the naval answer. I think this offers the greatest answer. It'll be cheaper than air, though more expensive than ground. The road is used almost exclusively, and it can be bombed in all its length from the sea. And it affords us range too. However, our ships aren't that great (attacking hills would be nigh on pointless, even with destroyers) and if they move away from the sea then we're pretty much, well, doomed.

That as to the northern front. Please, discuss.
As a former general of the northen front, I don't care at all about the Lebanese army. They lack powerful armies or weaponsa and more a disturbing thing that a true menace. I think that we can concretate 1 or 2 arties to conquer Safed without any problem, and the relesae that arties to use them in the Home Front ()

Quote:
Home Front

Points of Interest: 2
  • Jordan Line
  • Interior

The Jordan Line is woefully weak, IMHO. Degania in particular is a city which is a key to defend, as it is the only defence that stands between Tiberias and the Palestinian masses. Tiberias must be defended at all costs, either to reinforce the Golan or evacuate it. However, the enemy has not appeared 'in strength' here yet, and the river fortresses could be used to great effect I think if we had a few mobile units. We aren't being assailed by more than some artillery and cavalry, I think that the answer to our problem here is palmachs, don't know how you all feel. (And don't say that T-34s are the answer to all our problems, because as much as I know you're right, we don't have enough money to have them in that kind of strength ). Palmachs are decent overall, and have plenty of movement, making hit and run operations against the enemy feasible.
Well, I think that the Sirian army can try to go down if Golan proves too strong, as I hope it will do (I put all my efforts there when I was the northen front's general). So, we've some turns to build defenses. I'm for palmach and not T-34. T-34 works very well in open field, and they should go to the Sinai Front, where I agree we will lose or win the war. Palmach are a good unit overall.

Quote:
The interior is quiet, and I think is where we should act most aggressively at the moment. Consolidating the interior will not only bring in resources in the form of trade, cash and production, we'll expand our production base, as well as expand our territory, all which are crucial. It also happens to be the least defended area, IMHO. However, I fear that after the defensive preparations that we will have to make, there won't be nearly as many resources to be aggressive enough in this area as I would like to.
The two unsueded arties of Haifa should be used to attack Nazareth IMHO and then Jenin-Nablus and go to the south. In fact, I don't understand why these units are sleeping... i see it as a waste of resources.

Quote:
Judean Front

Points of Interest: 1
  • Jerusalem and Galilee

Jerusalem should, IMHO, be our first target to conquer, and it's not for any other reason than it's the Tiberias of the Judean Front. Sedom and Kfar Etzion are isolated, and the only road to them is through Jerusalem. However, there are *many* enemy units in Jerusalem ready to defend the city. However, I think that the conquest of Jerusalem is crucial to the security of our southern flank. Against this argument, yes, well, the area is pretty quiet. But who knows what may lurk there.
Well, I have a radical suggestion. Let's forget of East Jerusalem by now and attack the northen cities to link Home Front and Judean Front.

Quote:
Sinai Front

Points of Interest: 3
  • Mediterranean Road
  • Sinai Deserts
  • Eilat

The Sinai Deserts are quiet so far. At the moment I'll pray to God for units and hope for a miracle, as the cities in the area in themselves are of little worth to the country in strictly military and economic terms. I do want to know, however, what to do about undefended Gevaram.

Eilat: with one more AA and some artillery I am confident that the position could be nigh on impregnable. The enemy doesn't seem to have much to throw at us here, from what I've seen so far.

The Mediterranean Road (). This is where the Egyptians will win or lose the war: and so shall we. I expect the brunt of the attack to fall upon us here, and what makes it more serious than the Golan (IMHO) is the badly defensible terrain, and the fact that one city will have to bear the brunt of the attacks. We will have to break the Egyptians here or lose the war. I will be assigning tanks here, and the first aircraft will go here for reconaissance. I think that, again, we could make good use of ships here because the terrain is so bad for defence, dunno how Cmmder Rasputin feels about it. But I feel that Ashdod will be a meat grinder. And the fact that the threat from the air is as serious as the one from the ground only adds to our woes.
I couldn't agree more. All avaliable tanks should go to this front, by now. And more air defenses are needed. The Sirians will lose in the Golan, but the Egiptians... that's another story.
Old March 7, 2004, 20:31   #45
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

yes and as already stated. the field commander totally concurs, send tanks, lets crush the arabs from egypt.. we will stop wehen we get to the nile ... maybe
Old March 8, 2004, 10:00   #46
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Mr PM, I think we are getting close here and this has been a great discussion.

Do we want to put out a new global policy statement? Similar to the one we had last time?

Welcome back yaro!!!!!
Old March 8, 2004, 10:34   #47
Dr. Nick
Deity

I would not be averse to a word from the Knesset on this issue before I wrap it up.
Old March 8, 2004, 10:39   #48
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence
I would not be averse to a word from the Knesset on this issue before I wrap it up.
Ill try and get ahold of the boss today, he is usually on in the venings.

Good idea and great job on doing this Martin
Old March 8, 2004, 17:57   #49
PinkyGen
Prince

I'm on right now, but heading to work out.

I'd like to say something, but I have a paper and an exam tommorrow, so I don't have time to say anything of true importance today.
Old March 8, 2004, 20:12   #50
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

so awaiting final government ok on latest plans ?

hope it dont take too long...
Old March 10, 2004, 12:48   #51
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

i think we need to move on here, this dleay is getting too long .... Just my humbel opinion ....
Old March 10, 2004, 13:06   #52
Dr. Nick
Deity

KNESSET!
Old March 10, 2004, 13:22   #53
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

yes i know you want their inpuit, but how long must we wait to actually paly the game again, its been awhile since we actually did anything

come on you members of the higher order , give us direction
Old March 10, 2004, 15:41   #54
PinkyGen
Prince

As I said earlier, I was writing a paper and studying for an exam I had yesterday, so I did not have the time to post something here. I also didn't receive any input from fellow ministers, so this is PM fiat. I also posted a lot of my thoughts on the first page, and those still apply.

Thus, here are the government directives.
To the COS:
I basically approve your plan on areas you are concerned about. I believe the order of concern is Egyptian coastal road, Golan, Judea, Lebanon, and Negev desert. Here are exceptions.
1. 6 scouting planes is unworkable, it would cost too much. These things cost more or equal to tanks.
2. I will leave it to your judgement on whether the Golan could use a T-34 or not.
3. Now that all those troops are lined up outside of East Jerusalem, I would appreciate that city be taken (if possible), rather than redeploy for a push into the West Bank from the South. East Jerusalem is a priority. (If no T-34 is being sent to the Golan, perhaps it should be sent to Jerusalem, take the city faster, and then deploy to face the Egyptians).

I can work on a city target list (primary and secondary), just not now.

To Defense:
1. Work with COS on continual fortification on fronts and where units such as Palmach are to built.
2. At least somewhat improve our transportation network with Zion workers railroading at least the coastal interior.

To Immigration (under Defense Minister because no one asked for it)
1. Get those immigrants and Zion workers from Cyprus, possibly even build another transport.
2. Evaluate whether we can get the immigrants from Saudi Arabia, or if we should just create an outpost there and use immigrants to create whatever units our technology allows.

To Econ:
1. Convey some limit on how many arms we can buy overseas. We aren't rich yet.
2. Don't focus on buying arms overseas to the exclusion of rushing things at home (Palmach, AA, defenses, etc).

And yes, at least finish this turn soon, even if I don't have time to post again!
Old March 11, 2004, 05:13   #55
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

heaqr hear ....
Old June 8, 2004, 00:56   #56
H Tower
Civilization II Democracy Game: ExodusScenario League / Civ2-CreationCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontCivilization II Democracy GameNationStates

Local Time: 13:25
*bump*

I'd like to hear from all of the commanders, what are you doing, what are you planning on doing, long term type stuff. Strategy we can plan type stuff.
Old June 8, 2004, 16:02   #57
yaroslav
Emperor

I just posted in this thread:

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...3&pagenumber=2
Old June 8, 2004, 17:33   #58
Rasputin
lifer
Deity

long term take cairo by storm..

short term prevent egyptians advancing into israel

how??

by making run and hit attacks, protect my tanks from counter attack where possible.. build defenders i nany conquest towns...