Old February 26, 2004, 20:21   #1
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:27
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Apolyton Representative to the UN
The ISDG team has had some issues with this, so I'd like to bring it up here to discuss it now, before we get things going.

I would like to propose the following:

The Foreign Affairs Minister shall appoint any team member to the position of Apolyton Representative to the UN. That person serves at the whim of the FAM and may be removed and reappointed at any time.

The Rep shall be responsible for:

Making official posts on behalf of Apolyton to the UN.

Participating in any UN discussions, debates, committees regarding any and all UN matters.

Timely informing the team about UN issues and votes.

Communicating with the team before making any official decision.

Following the instructions of the FAM and Consuls regarding diplomatic behavior and policy.

Powers:

The Rep may put forth a temporary ban on team posts at the UN, with the agreement of a majority of the Consuls. Such a ban must be limited in time and cannot exceed the length of the contemptuous issue being debated.

Any team member who willfully violates the ban may be subject to punishment as determined by the Consuls.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Togas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26, 2004, 20:55   #2
Duddha
Civilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Duddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26, 2004, 21:29   #3
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 12:27
I'm all for it. The UN has become our biggest problem, more like a nation onto itself.

If anything, I'd support, rather than a single person, a special Council of team members, to keep an eye on that forum 24/7.

I may only disagree to letting the FAM appoint this representative - I believe that should a power reserved by the consuls. The sheer overwhelming importance of the UN, I think, deserves a special representative that reports directly to the Consuls.
Old February 26, 2004, 22:39   #4
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 13:27
to UN rep(s) (two or three might be good if we can find the people)
Old February 27, 2004, 04:36   #5
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 03:27
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Octavian X
I'm all for it. The UN has become our biggest problem, more like a nation onto itself.

If anything, I'd support, rather than a single person, a special Council of team members, to keep an eye on that forum 24/7.
Sounds like RL.

I support the idea of Reps at the UN...

and 24/7 monitoring is harsh, but may be required.
Old February 27, 2004, 14:53   #6
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 14:27
I concur
Old February 27, 2004, 14:59   #7
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 11:27
And may I put forth BigFree as the first UN representative. He has already put a lot of work into this game as the co-rep with conmcb25 and deserves to be UN rep if he wants it.
Rhothaerill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2004, 15:15   #8
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 13:27
asleepathewheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2004, 18:44   #9
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

BigFree is a strong advocate for his position and for his team. I think he'll do a good job for us. I just ask that we all keep tabs on the UN just in case BF becomes unavailable. I especially ask that Beta, as FAM, keep two eyes on the forum, as Beta would be the "supervisor" to the UN Rep if we ended up going with the rules I proposed above.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old February 27, 2004, 20:52   #10
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:27
So, we need Beta here to confirm everything? I'm taking a look at the various threads we have here along with the latest proposals put forth by the other teams as far as ameding the rules as posted by the Admin.

I seriously think it will take another week to get things in order. I could be wrong, but I think alot of polling needs to be done; both in our forums and in the UN.

Here's a questions for all to consider:

Should we list each proposed amendment to the rules, made by our team, in a seperate poll? That is, if some on the team have a problem with section 2.1, then those that have the problem with that section should re-write it and then we put all those re-writes into a poll for the team to vote on. It could mean we have 1-? number of prospective re-writes that would be needed to put on the ballot.

Or: We have a seperate thread for each of the sections that some on this team may have a probelm with and then discuss in that thread what we should do and how to re-write that section or have it deleted or whatever. The re-write would occur in that thread. When it is pretty clear that the re-write is acceptable, then we poll it in it's final form, the one re-write that has the most support as supported at the end of the thread, before we submit it to the UN.

Let me know how we want to handle this. I'm sure you don't want me just to re-write everything that even just one person has a problem with; it's not likely to happen anyways.

Personaly, I think a seperate thread for each section that any person has a problem with should be created. with the creation being done y that person. If enough people post their support for a change and enough discussion occurs so that a re-write comes out of it, then that would suggest that the team supports the amendment and a poll should be made on the specific re-write of a specific section. We then submit that to the UN.

I would also like to suggest that, we, at the UN, post numerous polls on the rules, as is. Each section would have a poll for either "yes" or "no" as they are currently written. These would not be polls that everyone could vote in, just the Team Rep. When it's determined which rules are accepted and which ones are not, then we go about having the teams submitting re-writes and then re-polling those amendments.

Please, let me know what you think and someone find Beta and get him in here to comment on this subject. Thanks.
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 27, 2004, 22:00   #11
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

BF

I believe we should at least post any objections we have at the UN in the one discussion thread hopefully by the deadline. (Which is tonight.)

Those concerns WILL generate discussion and from that discussion we can decide to poll it or not at the UN (which means we poll it here as well)

That way if a bunch of delegates say "well ya we should think about this or that", then we poll.

If most of the delegates are saying "hey thanks for your concern but I dont agree" then we know we dont have to poll it there.

The key is to get the discussion going by posting our concerns, see where it goes from there.

We can start polling then this weekend.

But IF we dont at least post the concerns by the deadline then the rules will be accepted without discussion, at least they will if no one else brings up our concerns.

Does that make sense?

beta has been pretty busy in other Demo games, we might want to send him a PM and ask him to visit,
Old February 28, 2004, 00:18   #12
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFree
So, we need Beta here to confirm everything?
Well, I am flattered that you would suggest this BigFree, but I don't think so.

Sorry for my absence - this game was taking so long getting started - and RL (work - spit) and other demo game have been taking their toll.

I think BF would be fine as UN rep. Fire and brimstone - nothing like it.

And I clearly think the role of FAM an UN rep should be kept separate, for a whole pile of obvious reasons that I won't post here.

And I concur with the last two threads by BF and con regarding gaining consensus on the rules.

To be honest - I am becoming somewhat dis-illusioned by ISDG's, courtesy of the other game.

I think what we need is a strong central umpiring body - comprised of neutral (as we can get) individuals. Something like mongoose and 6 assistants.

But that ain't going to happen soon - so let's vote on the rules and get this sucker going.

("Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war" ..... ooops - the ole' hound in beta is coming out. Will have to keep him under wraps as FAM. )
Old February 28, 2004, 10:29   #13
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Na, let ol' betaHOUND out every now and then. With a good archer rush joining him, will work miricles.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
GodKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 6, 2004, 17:20   #14
Togas
Emperor

Just to note: I'm going to revisit this issue once the Amendment Provision passes. I intend to also add this provision to the constitution.

--Togas