Old February 27, 2004, 00:11   #1
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 13:28
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Greetings
Greetings,

I am Arnelos.

In terms of my history with SMAC, I was a regular poster on the Firaxis SMAC forums for the full year before the game's release. In RP terms, I did a lot of participating with the Peacekeepers faction... in fact, I was the 2nd declared "member" of the Peacekeepers back when they were still called the "Keepers of Wisdom". I loved playing SMAC and then SMAX after it came out for a few years, but have not played either game hardly at all in over a year.

Among people I remember from the Firaxis boards are Imran Siddiqui (who was one of the Spartans, as I recall) and Snowfire (one of the legions of University posters), both of whom I see are Apolyton regulars these days (and apparently joined Apolyton far before I did).

I spent years lurking on Apolyton for really only the purpose of downloading Civ2 and SMAC/SMAX scenarios before actually making a login. I joined Apolyton and made this login about a year and a half ago to participate in the Civ3 Democracy game, in which I served as a number of positions including President, FAM, SMC, and VP.

Currently, my role on Apolyton is as one of ruling Consuls of Apolyton and mod of our team forum in the Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game competition.

I've decided to join you guys here in the Human Hive for a list of reasons I posted as a "top ten list" in the public forum (#1 is that UnOrthOdOx joined the Cybers... though I hate that faction ANYHOW ).

It's good to be in here. I recognize OctavianX from the ISDG (he was recently the CFC President before being voted out of office ) and HongHu from MZO. Good to see you two!

Since I haven't played SMAC/SMAX in over a year and I'm busy as he Consul of the Apolyton ISDG Team, I'll probably just lurk for the most part... but I'd love to participate more at some point.

Good to be here.
Old February 27, 2004, 00:15   #2
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 20:28
welcome commarade!

i'm a totaly nervstapled louzy player and i'm still demaging hive here, so i guess you will be ore then a fine member
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 27, 2004, 00:15   #3
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 20:28
(and drunk double poster)
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 27, 2004, 11:04   #4
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 12:28
Arnelos has always impressed me with his in depth analysis on many issues. I'm glad that he find our team attractive compare to the others. I hope you'll take an interest in the game and give us some of your valuable insights.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 27, 2004, 20:40   #5
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

It's been a long time since I last played SMAC/SMAX, so it's more likely I'll be picking up tips from YOU people.
Old February 27, 2004, 22:31   #6
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Welcome.

We are fortunate to gain a member of such stature.

Please take a look around and let us know what you think.

Mead
Old February 28, 2004, 00:12   #7
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 12:28
Greetings, Comrade Arnelos!

Now, I only need to get you the join Apolyton's C3C ISDG team...
Old March 4, 2004, 00:12   #8
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 08:28
Glad to see you have joined us, Comrade Arnelos!

You have a very impressive "resume", which is VERY impressive.

With the Hive team we've assembled, we are invincible!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis