Old February 27, 2004, 04:28   #91
DRoseDARs
lifer
Spore
Emperor

Local Time: 11:28
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I intend to either flee the country or commit suicide in spectacular fashion, depending on how hopeless the situation is.

Assuming of course the draft even has a chance to be enacted before I pass eligability.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.
Old February 27, 2004, 04:31   #92
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

?
Quote:
Fez will be just fine. Esp. since he isn't actually gay.
I know that I really am not one to be saying this, but that is a really stupid post in my opinion. It doesn't really make any sense. And I realize that I am being a hypocrite and all of that, but Hypocrisy is part of the human condition so s*ck it! But ya, I think that by now it is firmly established that he is gay, and I'm pretty sure that he's not posing if that's what you think. I don't know why someone would want to in a society that is so full of bigotry and hatred toward gay culture.
Old February 27, 2004, 04:32   #93
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 12:28
Re: ?
Quote:
Originally posted by bipolarbear
I know that I really am not one to be saying this, but that is a really stupid post in my opinion. It doesn't really make any sense. And I realize that I am being a hypocrite and all of that, but Hypocrisy is part of the human condition so s*ck it! But ya, I think that by now it is firmly established that he is gay, and I'm pretty sure that he's not posing if that's what you think. I don't know why someone would want to in a society that is so full of bigotry and hatred toward gay culture.
You are a ghey homo.
Old February 27, 2004, 04:33   #94
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

i'm w/ you DARS. If I comit suicide, I want to try to make it into the Darwin Awards!
Old February 27, 2004, 04:34   #95
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Quote:
You are a ghey homo.
If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
Old February 27, 2004, 04:35   #96
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

I think that Star Ship Troopers has it right. Only those who serve should have the vote or any other control over policy. After all, isn't one of the primary criticisms of the 'chicken hawks' that they didn't grab their M16s and go shoot Ho?

Now, it's your turn. Do you think you should be qualified to determine policy in 20 years if you do not serve now if your country asks you to? Screw that, do you think you should have a voice if you don't volunteer without being asked, and just ride on everyone else's backs?
Old February 27, 2004, 04:36   #97
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
If only closed minds came with closed mouths.
How am I being closed minded?
Old February 27, 2004, 04:37   #98
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

What about politicians whose children always magically happen to find thier way out of serving? Or those politicians themselves( case in point Bush)?
Old February 27, 2004, 04:40   #99
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Quote:
How am I being closed minded?
I wasn't really sure if were serious. That is the primary disadvantage of the tyed format, is that sarcasm isn't easily understood. I figured you were just joking, but I really like that quote, but not enough to put it with my others, and I had been waiting and waiting for a good moment to use it.
Old February 27, 2004, 04:43   #100
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

I am a homofag, for future reference.
Old February 27, 2004, 04:45   #101
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 15:28
Quote:

Thanks for standing up for me man... I'm pretty sick of Diss's cheap shots at me. I mean. What the heck? I am as gay as it comes. That's just who I am. I am not pretending anything you are correct. Why would I? I mean if it comes with all this hatred... but I am gay and admitting that is being honest to myself.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old February 27, 2004, 04:53   #102
DRoseDARs
lifer
Spore
Emperor

Quote:
i'm w/ you DARS. If I comit suicide, I want to try to make it into the Darwin Awards!
You misunderstand. This is difficult for me to openly state, but I wouldn't be doing it to simply get out of serving, I'd be doing it to prevent "other things" that I don't wish to discuss in detail.

Me commiting suicide in this case wouldn't be an act of cowardice or selfishness, it'd be a preventative act of mercy. One less potential monster in the world for all of you to worry about. I'd do it out of fear of what I would become should be coerced into killing someone. I had typed more, but deleted it instead. I don't want to worry anyone. Suffice it to say: one way or another, it'll be ok...I'll be ok.

Ung, I wish I hadn't bothered posting in this thread. Too late now, I guess.

Old February 27, 2004, 04:58   #103
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Quote:

Feb 2004

you are a newbie. You don't know his history.

and in case it isn't obvious. Apolyton is not the real world. There is no bigotry against gays here. They are our most revered members (is that a pun?)
Old February 27, 2004, 05:01   #104
Giancarlo
King

Re: Re: ?
Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident

Feb 2004

you are a newbie. You don't know his history.

and in case it isn't obvious. Apolyton is not the real world. There is no bigotry against gays here. They are our most revered members (is that a pun?)
BK anybody?

Remember that thread were I was ashamed about sleeping with a bloke? Well that actually did happen. I was in a relationship with a guy for two years and am only interested in guys. I am emotionally and physically attracted to guys. I am not interested in girls. I am not ashamed of admitting any of this anymore. This is the way I am. I tried to "change" but that just isn't possible when it comes to this.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old February 27, 2004, 05:04   #105
DRoseDARs
lifer
Spore
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
I think that Star Ship Troopers has it right. Only those who serve should have the vote or any other control over policy. After all, isn't one of the primary criticisms of the 'chicken hawks' that they didn't grab their M16s and go shoot Ho?

Now, it's your turn. Do you think you should be qualified to determine policy in 20 years if you do not serve now if your country asks you to? Screw that, do you think you should have a voice if you don't volunteer without being asked, and just ride on everyone else's backs?
The only people who should be wielding M-16s (or any military weapon) are volunteers that have been throughly screened. A trigger-happy freak with a hardon for killing a faceless enemy is a dangerous thing. Just as dangerous is someone who, in the heat of battle, freezes up in terror or self-doubt.

Nay, volunteers not draftees should be utilized in this fashion. For non-combat related services, I would agree that all should serve in order to gain access to higher-level civic rights (and the further duties that would go with them), but those positions should be garanteed, none of this "well, we need more ground troops, so we're reassigning you to the "Cannon-fodder" brigades" crap.

Old February 27, 2004, 05:05   #106
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

properly screened?

how in the world do you do that?

The fact is, most people in the army and marines are triggger happy freaks.

And starship troopers was a stupid system. Fascist pigs they were.
Old February 27, 2004, 05:07   #107
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Re: Re: Re: ?
Quote:
Originally posted by Giancarlo

BK anybody?

Remember that thread were I was ashamed about sleeping with a bloke? Well that actually did happen. I was in a relationship with a guy for two years and am only interested in guys. I am emotionally and physically attracted to guys. I am not interested in girls. I am not ashamed of admitting any of this anymore. This is the way I am. I tried to "change" but that just isn't possible when it comes to this.
Don't take it personally. And don't ever try to "change".

I have my reasons. Much of it is based on your posts when you first came here. And how you post now.
Old February 27, 2004, 05:11   #108
DRoseDARs
lifer
Spore
Emperor

Some people freak at the sight of blood, even fake blood. That's a start. Animal cruelty charges, criminal records, interviews perhaps with friends and relatives about the person's character. I don't know the exact way to go about it, but screening is the only way to maximize the number of level-heads controlling the US's military hardware and minimize the number of security risks of these types. Surely they already do something like this, but perhaps not as throughly (ther-oh-ly sp?) as they could?

Old February 27, 2004, 05:13   #109
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

so you show new recruits a vial of blood?

trust me, there is no screening to get into the military. Aside from a criminal check.

I know I had additional screening for my security clearance. I only had a confidential security clearance. I don't even think they did interviews. My family never mentioned anything of it.
Old February 27, 2004, 05:16   #110
Giancarlo
King

Re: Re: Re: Re: ?
Quote:

Don't take it personally. And don't ever try to "change".

I have my reasons. Much of it is based on your posts when you first came here. And how you post now.
How is anything I say now not secure of my sexual orientation? I am very much secure and sure about it. Why wouldn't I be? I settled things since I got here. I have had two boyfriends and am currently dating.

Your reasons. I'd like to hear why you think this way based on my posting now. How the hell is any of my posting showing I am somehow insecure of my sexuality?

I am sorry but I am not accepting your answer.
Old February 27, 2004, 05:17   #111
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

you're going to have to accept it. It's the only answer I'm giving
Old February 27, 2004, 05:18   #112
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
you're going to have to accept it. It's the only answer I'm giving
Okay explain to me this.. why do you think this way even though I have admitted my homosexuality and am not one bit ashamed of it?
Old February 27, 2004, 05:24   #113
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Because he's trolling you and trying to get you to Fez the thread?
Old February 27, 2004, 05:26   #114
Giancarlo
King

Forget it. I am going to bed. And yes not alone either.
Old February 27, 2004, 05:27   #115
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

rosie palm and her five sisters?

don't mind me Fez. I'm just a skeptic. And I'm not trolliing. Well... maybe I am partially.

I just have trouble believing your story after the outrageous way you entered Apolyton. It's just too easy. I could be wrong of course. It has been known to occur once every decade or so.

Last edited by Dis; February 27, 2004 at 05:32.
Old February 27, 2004, 05:34   #116
DRoseDARs
lifer
Spore
Emperor

Perhaps adapting the tests for security clearance would be a good starting not-from-scratch point. As far as interviews, suppose for instance you had been known by your family to use (more than) a few derogatory terms for other races, not necessarily blacks as you have black friends, but "other people." Asians, Arabs, African blacks (why you differenciate we may never understand...I've heard people try to distinquish between the "two" groups...it's just wierd), and "mexicans." You don't have a criminal record beyond a few traffic citations (take your foot off the gas ), so no known violence against other races. This would, in my mind, be a perfect red flag to interviewers. You may be accepted into training for military positions, but combat might be off-limits or at least until after you've had some training regarding bigotry. Eliminating (or at least mitigating) the bias might help ensure you don't allow your own biases to get in the way of doing your job only to the letter.

Remeber in Vietnam, groups of our soldiers delighted in killing as many *insert derogatory term* as they could, regardless if they were soldiers or simply in the way. I don't want to make this a Vietnam thread 'cause I understand what it was like (my stepdad was a ground soldier, though he doesn't talk much about it). My point is these select soldiers went against every sense of Human decency and mercy, legal issues aside. Why, because they were eager to do it (kill with total indiscretion and disregard) and the combat situation on the ground allowed that eagerness to grow. Minimizing that is what I want to see, alongside keeping people who would likely crack under such conditions out of combat situations.

Old February 27, 2004, 05:38   #117
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
rosie palm and her five sisters?
I am sorry but are you mentally handicapped? The person in my bed right now is very much a bloke.

Quote:
I just have trouble believing your story after the outrageous way you entered Apolyton. It's just too easy. I could be wrong of course. It has been known to occur once every decade or so.
Then you have a big problem. You are wrong. Dead wrong.
Old February 27, 2004, 05:40   #118
notyoueither
Deity

You are in bed with someone you are interested in, but you are posting here?

Sorry, there must be some defect that Diss caught and I missed.
Old February 27, 2004, 05:43   #119
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by notyoueither
You are in bed with someone you are interested in, but you are posting here?

Sorry, there must be some defect that Diss caught and I missed.
Sending my parents an email about loan information. I forgot to do this earlier.

I am leaving in about a few minutes... to snuggle.

Ahh poor apolytoners, you only have this forum... sad.
Old February 27, 2004, 05:45   #120
notyoueither
Deity

*fap fap fap*