Old March 8, 2004, 04:53   #61
Felch
Civilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 14:28
Local Date: November 2, 2010
You can get 40 slots with a Bonemold Bow. I tried to enchant it with Fire Damage and an area effect (Make the bow into a bazooka for depopulating towns, hehehe), but it didn't work.
Old March 8, 2004, 04:56   #62
Felch
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by bipolarbear
Could you specify waht "body high" means?
Can you point me toward a ddaedric shrine on the west side of the map in the Balmora region?
Body high is hard to describe, but it just means that you get more of a sensation in your body than in your head. My roommate likes to say that when he eats brownies he "melts into the couch for a couple."

Daedric shrines are on the paper map, in the funky font.
Old March 8, 2004, 06:05   #63
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 11:28
Quote:
raise your strength past 200 either by resting forever with corprus or enchanting equipment.
On my redguard file, my stregth is automatically 300 from the start. But how do you raise it?

Quote:
Daedric shrines are on the paper map, in the funky font.
Thanks

Quote:
(Make the bow into a bazooka for depopulating towns, hehehe), but it didn't work.
ya, as I said earlier, my friend made a mod for it on his pc, and made the crossbow like a machine gun. So if you really like Morrow wind, and creating mods, then the bazooka might well be within your grasp my boy!
Old March 8, 2004, 09:42   #64
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

Local Time: 13:28
All this talk is making me want to reinstall Morrowind.
Old March 8, 2004, 10:03   #65
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 20:28
Quote:
Originally posted by Felch
You can get 40 slots with a Bonemold Bow. I tried to enchant it with Fire Damage and an area effect (Make the bow into a bazooka for depopulating towns, hehehe), but it didn't work.
What about the Daedric bow? How many slots does it have?
Old March 8, 2004, 10:22   #66
MattH
King

Local Time: 18:28
Now, nobody say anything, but I'm trying to work out some concepts for a Discworld TC...

And of course, www.uesp.net has the answer to any morrowind-related quest (at least it hasn't failed me yet).
Old March 8, 2004, 14:50   #67
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Local Time: 10:28
Location: You think you're better than me? You've been handling my ass pennies!!!
Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor

What about the Daedric bow? How many slots does it have?
Already answered... 10.
Old March 8, 2004, 15:08   #68
Space05us
King

Local Time: 06:28
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
No, it's better not to use bound weapons because they can't be enchanted. The axe can have an additional 50 or so fire or cold damage. It should also one hit kill everything as long as you raise your strength past 200 either by resting forever with corprus or enchanting equipment. And then you can carry tons too, so weight is irrelevent.
by this point in the game I usually run around with a dreugh staff. When your combat stats (ie Agility, Strength, and Speed) are above 100 the game is essentialy finished.

Quote:
Generally, the daikatana is better because it is faster with more enchant slots. The axe is only better if you have enough strength to get 1 hit kills every time.
Wannabe-Japanese weapons are for little sissies
besides the swords use Strength to determine damage, just like axes.

Quote:
Doesn't matter though, the axe is a mediocre weapon. There are several things that are way better including the 30-90 dmg 1 hand club from bloodmoon and those ridiculous throwing darts from Tribunal with 110 dmg.
I have vanilla morrowind so your stupid uber weapons of doom can kiss my axe

Quote:
And of course, www.uesp.net has the answer to any morrowind-related quest (at least it hasn't failed me yet).
bipolarbear, dont go to that site, DO NOT

it will ruin your gaming experience by giving you every detail about every butt hair on every npc, and will tell you the names of every dog who's pile of poo they've walked through. If you have questions just ask here. We'll give you the answers without giving you too much info
Old March 8, 2004, 22:44   #69
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Yay! thank you for all of your love and support. Its good to see that Apolyton supports its intermittent spammers!
Old March 14, 2004, 02:54   #70
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Does anybody who wishes to support cheating in Morrowind wish to assist me in creating the "overflowing bag" cheat? I can't remember how ot do it. Pleaseh lep me, i love to cheat!
Old March 14, 2004, 03:44   #71
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Anybody?
Old March 15, 2004, 13:38   #72
Space05us
King

whats the cheat? you put too many items in one area and viola, overflow loot bag from hell!
Old March 15, 2004, 14:27   #73
Verto
King

You will all be pleased, no doubt, to learn that I have reinstalled Morrowind on my computer again, and started as a Dark Elf. Previously I have focused on Thievery, as a Khajit, but I'm going to concentrate on magic this game.

I was quite a bit along in the game w/ my other character before I lost everything, so despite having had the game for quite some time, I have not yet "beat the game", IE the main quest. I know, pathetic.

Wish me luck.
Old March 15, 2004, 16:29   #74
Space05us
King

good luck Verto, Dunmer suck.
Old March 15, 2004, 22:04   #75
Qilue
King

Local Time: 04:28
Quote:
Originally posted by Space05us
good luck Verto, Dunmer suck.
I'll bet you're anxiously waiting for the Mog Mod so you can recolour it pink.
Old March 15, 2004, 22:55   #76
Verto
King

Has anyone here become a vampire in Morrowind?
Old March 15, 2004, 23:58   #77
Felch
Emperor

Just tonight I got a Daedric Tower Shield. 225 points for enchantment, and 233 armor rating (or maybe 266, it hardly matters at this point.) I enchanted it with constant effect Sanctuary 45 points. I don't think I'll be getting hit much in the future.

By the way, Star of Azura (the reusable soul gem) is sick as ****. Highly recommended.
Old March 16, 2004, 01:10   #78
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

i've read online about becoming a vampire. Thre are IIRC, three new spells that you get, and certain skills, the physical ones, upgrade hella freakin fast. But I'm not sure. Try looking up morrowind code on google, and I htink it's within the first two pages.
And ya, good luck as a Dunmer. they do suck. I tried that the first time I played the game. Magic is pretty cool, but really, I'd reccomend investing somewhat in armor, and weapons still. Sometimes nothing gets the message across like a swift chop to the head.
Old March 16, 2004, 03:44   #79
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Location: You think you're better than me? You've been handling my ass pennies!!!
Reading this thread seriously makes me wonder about the competency of the gamers that browse Apolyton. I know there were good SMAC players. How come everyone that plays Morrowind knows absolutely jack about the game itself?

Armor class = irrelevant. Try it yourself. It does not affect damage taken or chance to be hit. As far as I can tell it does nothing.

Character class... Dunmer don't suck. High Elves, Khajits, and Argonians suck. Still, given the absolutely broken character building system, any character and any class can become completely overpowered with just a little training.

Vampires - Vampires are broken. You were supposed to get 3 spells, but you get none. Some of the quests work, and some don't. Vampires seem to be an afterthought in Morrowind.

Daedric Tower Shield... 45 Sanctuary. You could put 1-89 Sanctuary instead and reequip it until you get a good value. Still, even 100 Sanctuary does not prevent some enemies from hitting you when mathematically it should.
Old March 16, 2004, 09:18   #80
Verto
King

Are you saying that it doesn't matter what class of armor I wear(light, med., heavy), even if I concentrate on raising the level of my medium armor skill?
Old March 16, 2004, 13:05   #81
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

But all of the light armor breaks faster than medium armor, and medium armor breaks faster than heavy armor. At least in my experience. ANd besides that, armor weight sure as hell matters, it affects your movement.
As forcharacter class, that really is just an opinion thing. I think Dunmer suck for hte most part. It really depends on what you want to do. If want to focus on combat, then you want a redguard, but if you wnat to focus on magic, then be a high elf.
I think that one of the crappy elements of the game, is that beast races are restricted from wearing certain pieces of armor(covered helmets, and boots).
It also sucks, that it tkaes so long to get anywhere, and there is noone around. Even with the boots of blinding speed, the gmae begins to boring. The SIlt Strider is ok, but then you don't get the advantage, of getting to find all of those tombs, and kwama mines.
And to whoever may be playing this gmae for the first time, I would reccomend that you always carry a couple of restore strength potions with you before you enter a tomb. The bonewalkers will cast a drain strength spell on you, and then you have ot leave all of you stuff in the tomb, and that cna reaslly suck, when you have to ditch a *****in axe or something.
Old March 16, 2004, 13:07   #82
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Where is a good place to sell the ring of suroundings? I thought of Creeper, but i domn't wnat ot only get $5000, when it is worth like $120000.
Old March 16, 2004, 13:08   #83
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

One last htought, what would you say is the best skill to invest in magicwise? I like lchemy, but I know it is pretty stupid. What do you guys think?
Old March 16, 2004, 13:28   #84
Space05us
King

Quote:
I'll bet you're anxiously waiting for the Mog Mod so you can recolour it pink.
I wish. I have the X-Box version so Im modless.

Quote:
Has anyone here become a vampire in Morrowind?
yes, its fun for a little while.

Quote:
Character class... Dunmer don't suck. High Elves, Khajits, and Argonians suck. Still, given the absolutely broken character building system, any character and any class can become completely overpowered with just a little training.
if you want to be technical about it, every race is the best, the only difference is what skill and stat bonuses they start out with, and thier appearance. Other than that they're all exactly the same. I say Dunmer suck because they have a shitty attitude, they're a bunch of tight-asses. At least Nords, Orcs, and Imperials know how to crack a few jokes. "Seen and elves lately?" "eeeww you're naked, spare me!"

Quote:
Armor class = irrelevant. Try it yourself. It does not affect damage taken or chance to be hit. As far as I can tell it does nothing.
you either have a bugged game, or you've been at a high level for too long. Make a new character and give them heavy armor as a main skill. When you get dropped off in Seyda Need go run out to the cliff racer and let it whack you until you're dead. Then reload and buy heavy armor go run out to the cliff racer and let it whack away at you again. It does far less damage when you wear armor.

The Unarmored skill is supposedly bugged though, and doesnt do anything. (from what Ive read)

Quote:
One last htought, what would you say is the best skill to invest in magicwise? I like lchemy, but I know it is pretty stupid. What do you guys think?
Probably alchemy. You can create potions which cover the spells of all of the restoration field, and most of the alteration field alond with a few mysticism spells. You cant do damage with alchemy (well you can to yourself) Also you cant summon with alchemy, but summoning is useless imho.
Old March 16, 2004, 13:37   #85
Space05us
King

FYI
the first cliff racer in game, that I know of, can be found within the yellow circle.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	1stcliffracer.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	67319  
Old March 16, 2004, 14:50   #86
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Nope, I stand by what I said with the Armor thing. And because I had a minute I just went and double checked it, with a relatively mid-level character.

At AC 150 a Nix Hound did 1 damage to me, so I took off my breastplate.
At AC 83 it still did 1 damage, so I kept taking off pieces of armor.
At 74 - 1 damage
At 50 - 1 damage
etc.. etc...
All the way down to AC 1 where the Nix Hound did 1 damage.

Explain to me how wearing this armor is helping, because I just can't see it.
Old March 16, 2004, 14:53   #87
Felch
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by bipolarbear
Where is a good place to sell the ring of suroundings? I thought of Creeper, but i domn't wnat ot only get $5000, when it is worth like $120000.
Sell to the Creeper, but buy some things back from him to bring the total back to 5000. Then sell the stuff you bought from him back. It takes three days to do, but that's Morrowind.
Old March 16, 2004, 14:55   #88
Felch
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by BustaMike
Daedric Tower Shield... 45 Sanctuary. You could put 1-89 Sanctuary instead and reequip it until you get a good value. Still, even 100 Sanctuary does not prevent some enemies from hitting you when mathematically it should.
That's true, but I like keeping all my constant effect items at only one value just so I don't have to deal with reequipping. Besides, like you said, the game is broken as ****, and having a super-powered character isn't that hard.
Old March 16, 2004, 15:06   #89
BustaMike
The Courts of Candle'Bre
King

Quote:
That's true, but I like keeping all my constant effect items at only one value just so I don't have to deal with reequipping. Besides, like you said, the game is broken as ****, and having a super-powered character isn't that hard.
You're right of course and this is what really drives me crazy about this game. You have to purposely underpower your guy (unless you're Tass who plays with all stats at 20000 ). The game experience itself, the atmosphere, the sound, the graphics, the openness, are all so great... and then you realize that the character building system was just thrown on as an afterthought. And it could be fixed with only a few changes.

Cap Alchemy, cap attributes and skills based on character race and class, fix constant effect enchanting (cause damn it's overpowered), balance magic vs. melee, fix the armor problem, balance the birthsigns, fix training.
Old March 16, 2004, 16:44   #90
Space05us
King

Quote:
Nope, I stand by what I said with the Armor thing. And because I had a minute I just went and double checked it, with a relatively mid-level character.

At AC 150 a Nix Hound did 1 damage to me, so I took off my breastplate.
At AC 83 it still did 1 damage, so I kept taking off pieces of armor.
At 74 - 1 damage
At 50 - 1 damage
etc.. etc...
All the way down to AC 1 where the Nix Hound did 1 damage.

Explain to me how wearing this armor is helping, because I just can't see it.

try letting something with a bit more power hit you. A nix hound is just a big ugly scrib.