Old March 26, 2004, 14:55   #151
Felch
Civilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 14:28
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
Damn, still can't get past the CodeBook mission for the fighters. She just won't up and give it to me.
I ended up just stealing it. It may not work for you, especially if you're in the thieves' guild, but as with most quests there are multiple solutions possible.
Old March 26, 2004, 15:21   #152
Felch
Emperor

Alternatively there are drinks/potions you can buy that fortify your personality. Those are good for convincing people to hand over valuable property.
Old March 26, 2004, 22:07   #153
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 05:28
Local Date: November 3, 2010
I don't have any females in my life that aren't related to me.

I think there may be a bug regarding that mission if you happen to be in the theives guild at the same time. I got her liking me at 100, but still nothing. I'll have to try stealing it I guess. My stealing skills have grown quite a bit since I last tried taking the book off her.
Old March 26, 2004, 22:43   #154
Felch
Emperor

Quote:
I don't have any females in my life that aren't related to me.
Not even any ewes?
Old March 26, 2004, 22:50   #155
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

New Zealand is --> that-a-way.
Old March 26, 2004, 23:36   #156
Zkribbler
Deity

Local Time: 11:28
Old March 27, 2004, 01:14   #157
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Quote:
Alternatively there are drinks/potions you can buy that fortify your personality. Those are good for convincing people to hand over valuable property.
Gold, although it does suck to give it up, can be a powerful lubricant.
Old March 27, 2004, 01:17   #158
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Or, you can just use a sword.

Oh, has anybody found the sixth house bell hammer? I got it, and It gets me 1-50 on impact. Only downside though, is that it weighs 75 lbs. I've cheated my strength to a hundred(which means i can pack 500) but it still sucks to be down 75 lbs. So now I'm using a Daedric longsword, and an ebony broadsword. I want to enchant them but I don't know what I should use to enchant them.
Any ideas for an awesome enchantment. Remember, Icheat, so money isn't much of a problem.
Old March 27, 2004, 01:59   #159
Felch
Emperor

Quote:
New Zealand is --> that-a-way.
If I knew geography, I wouldn't be a very patrotic American, now would I?
Old March 27, 2004, 02:00   #160
Felch
Emperor

For enchantment of weapons, I like paralyze. A few seconds, cast on strike, and you're good to go.
Old March 28, 2004, 00:24   #161
Skanky Burns

Good news, I managed to steal the book from her!
Without her noticing it!
I then immediately asked her about the book and she said "You already have it, what more do you want" so I think she just 'looked the other way' as I took it so she didn't have to get upset with me.
Much better than the other 3 times I tried and she started hitting me with a huge hammer.

So what do you need to enchant weapons? Do you have to learn spells first or do you need one of those soul-gmes?
Old March 28, 2004, 13:16   #162
Zkribbler
Deity

I'm getting really frustrated here and I'm still only at the beginning.

On one mission, I headed off from Belmora to the Dwemer ruins at Arkabolis [sp?] in search of the Dwemer puzzle box. I have to cross the bridge with the wizard on it. I've tried well over a dozen times but have only made it past him only twice, just to be killed by one of those evil cliff birdie thingies.

So I put that mission on hold and headed off to Hla Oad 's pub, the Fat Legs Drop Off, to talk to Ra-Zhid about Dwemer artifiacts. I've bribed him up to 100/100 but all he says is "What Dwemer artifacts?" There's a well locked chest at his feet which I presume contains the artifacts. Last night I tried to pick the lock just to look inside...big mistake!
Old March 28, 2004, 14:42   #163
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

Local Time: 13:28
Quote:
So what do you need to enchant weapons? Do you have to learn spells first or do you need one of those soul-gmes?
You will need a soul gem w/ a soul trapped in it. If you are going to do it yourself, you will also need a high enchant skill level. Alternatively, you can pay someone to enchant your item for you. Make sure you have plenty of money for that.
Old March 28, 2004, 14:48   #164
Verto
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Zkribbler
I'm getting really frustrated here and I'm still only at the beginning.

On one mission, I headed off from Belmora to the Dwemer ruins at Arkabolis [sp?] in search of the Dwemer puzzle box. I have to cross the bridge with the wizard on it. I've tried well over a dozen times but have only made it past him only twice, just to be killed by one of those evil cliff birdie thingies.
Ah yes, I remember this one. I myself am a mage; I summoned a bonewalker and skeleton, and they finished him off. You may not have this ability. Stocking up on potions for health, strength fortification, resist magicka and scrolls should help considerably.

Or you might just come back when you are stronger.

Quote:
So I put that mission on hold and headed off to Hla Oad 's pub, the Fat Legs Drop Off, to talk to Ra-Zhid about Dwemer artifiacts. I've bribed him up to 100/100 but all he says is "What Dwemer artifacts?" There's a well locked chest at his feet which I presume contains the artifacts. Last night I tried to pick the lock just to look inside...big mistake!
Let's see...I remember doing this mission, but it was quite some time ago. I think there is a wooden beam in the middle of the room that you can stand behind so that no one can see you, allowing you to pick the lock.
Old March 28, 2004, 19:51   #165
Felch
Emperor

Quote:
Good work on the steal. I got lucky on that one my first time.

Cheap soul gems are good for refilling your weapons, but the chance of successfully enchanting without a high skill or lots of money is slim. You're better off shopping for magic items early on and only paying to enchant when you have better souls trapped.
Old March 28, 2004, 19:54   #166
Felch
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Zkribbler
You only have to kill him once. So use as much magicka or any once-a-day skills that you have and go back to town once you kill him. It's an easy enough fight, even early on, if you just hold nothing back.

Have you already told us your race and sign?
Old March 28, 2004, 21:17   #167
Skanky Burns

I trapped some fire guy in a soul-gem, he was worth 105 soul-points. Then payed one of the mages to enchant it with paralysis for 2 seconds. Very nifty when fighting some of the more tough enemies.

The problem is now I have found better weapons.

I grabbed some ordinator armour from their barracks and also killed one of the guards so as to get some chest armour too. The fine is pathetically small for killing a guard too, only 60. Anyway, I took the loot back to Balmora and used my new cash to train continuously. I've levelled up like 5 times since I got back to the city, and been attacked by 3 assassins while resting.

Anyway, how do I get rid of $48,000 swords? I happen to have 3 of them from these assassins, but local merchants even if I guy everything they have still don't have enough money to make selling worthwhile. With my current training regimen, I am really running short on cash.
Old March 28, 2004, 21:25   #168
Verto
King

WRT your "$48,000 swords" - I would just stash them somewhere, so you can later put them on display in your house (if you get one.)

Although someone may be able to direct you to those few merchants who can afford higher transactions.
Old March 28, 2004, 21:47   #169
Felch
Emperor

The ordinator trick for getting cash is pretty sweet. If you taunt them into attacking you, I don't think there's any penalty at all.

$48,000 swords, must be some sort daedric katana or something along those lines. If you find some cheaper weapons you should be able to trade them up with the Creeper in Caldera. I just use one and sell the rest, but some people like to hoard them for display.
Old March 28, 2004, 23:03   #170
Verto
King

Is there any bonus/benefit to having the complete set of one type of armor, such as ebony or orc?
Old March 29, 2004, 01:56   #171
Felch
Emperor

I can't say for sure, but I seriously doubt think so.
Old March 29, 2004, 02:29   #172
Skanky Burns

Also, I have heard that your ability to sneak successfully is related to the boots you wear. I use the dark brotherhood ones because they are the highest armour-class light boots I have found. Do you think it would be worth using the ordinator's boots for the extra defence value?
Old March 29, 2004, 05:12   #173
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Quote:
In regards to Fat Leg's dropoff, and the dwemer artifacts. I used an invisibility spell, and picked the lock on this one chest that was at, IIRC, 35. I also ended up killing a some people b/c for somereason, and invisibility spell doesn't render you invisible.

Quote:
I grabbed some ordinator armour
that stuff freaking rules, and looks cool too.

Quote:
Anyway, how do I get rid of $48,000 swords? I happen to have 3 of them from these assassins, but local merchants even if I guy everything they have still don't have enough money to make selling worthwhile. With my current training regimen, I am really running short on cash.
I've had the same problem, when I use all of my codes to steal ordinator swag. You can use other items, like Felch said. I'd just generally horde them in my overflowing loot bag, at my house in Balmora. There is, in the Northwest region of the map, a Mudcrab who is loaded daown with mega cash, and will buy stuff from you at full price. He's like a big secret in the game. But I know that he exists. He is in an island heavy area, so it might take some time to find him, but it is well worth it.
Quote:
Also, I have heard that your ability to sneak successfully is related to the boots you wear.
I got some shoes that fortify my sneak ability.

Can anybody tell me anything aboot the 'Dissident Priests' in Vivec?
Old March 29, 2004, 05:32   #174
Skanky Burns

Have you got a map of the general region of this mudcrab guy?
Old March 29, 2004, 06:34   #175
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

I'll try to find it for you skanky just a moment.
Old March 29, 2004, 06:44   #176
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

I just found out, that I am utterly and completely wrong. It is actually down toward the very southern point of the map, still amidst many islands. If you go East of Vivec you will find the area. I believe that he is located near a town called Mzahnch. I think. I know it is definitely in the very southern area.
Try exploring this, before you trapse around Morrwind

http://www.rpgplanet.com/morrowind/t...rrowindmap.htm
Old March 29, 2004, 06:45   #177
Skanky Burns

Thanks.
Old March 29, 2004, 06:51   #178
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

ya anytime
Old March 29, 2004, 12:27   #179
Zkribbler
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Felch

Have you already told us your race and sign?
I don't think so. I'm a high elf thief, sign of the lover.

I had just a little time to play last night. I went back to Fat Legs, hid behind the post so the wizard guy couldn't see me and waited until Ra'Zhid's back was turned. No good, when I tried to pick the lock, Ra'Zhid turned on me again.

So I returned to the bridge and got killed again. However, in doing so, I learned how to "fire" my lover's kiss. I think maybe if I put it all together, I can kill that wizard. I like the idea of returning to town later for some healing.

Q: I've heard is counterproductive to join both the Fighters' Guild and the Thieves' Guild? Right now, I'm a member of the Thieves' Guild, the Mage Guild and the Blades. Other than the Fighters' Guild, is there any organization I should not join? I'd like to have more sources for quests.
Old March 29, 2004, 12:58   #180
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

I think there is a sorceres guild in Vivec that you can join. I haven't joined yet myself, but it sure sounds tempting. I'm pretty sure that it is counterproductive to join the fighters and thieves guild. Actually it sort of can be the same for the Mages and Thieves guilds. Mainly because of one mission where the Mages want you to kill off this one guy at the Southwall who is teaching magic at discount prices. If you invest in diplomatic skills, then you can get discount prices, and save face with both guilds.
If you want free armor, and weapons then join the Imperial Legion. Although, you can usually steal from the little guard toers. If you choose to just steal imperial crap, go to the towers in Caldera.