Old April 7, 2004, 00:57   #241
Felch
Civilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 14:28
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
I wonder how powerful your soul gem needs to be for constant effect.
You need a grand soul gem with either a golden saint or something else. I forget what. Golden saint is what I use, the scrolls are easy to get from the guild in Caldera.
Old April 7, 2004, 01:15   #242
Felch
Emperor

I killed Vivec with the help of my ring but I got a message saying that the thread of prophecy had been severed by this character's death. So it goes. I trapped his soul though, which is cool.
Old April 7, 2004, 01:16   #243
Nacht
Prince

Local Time: 20:28
Quote:
Originally posted by Felch

You need a grand soul gem with either a golden saint or something else. I forget what. Golden saint is what I use, the scrolls are easy to get from the guild in Caldera.
Ascended sleepers work also and Vivec himself
Old April 7, 2004, 01:18   #244
Nacht
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Felch
I killed Vivec with the help of my ring but I got a message saying that the thread of prophecy had been severed by this character's death. So it goes. I trapped his soul though, which is cool.
You can still defeat Dagoth Ur after killing Vivec.
Old April 7, 2004, 01:21   #245
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 11:28
i heard that ther is a way to bypass the majority of the story line in this game, and finidh it in two hours. ANybody know anything about this little rumor?
Old April 7, 2004, 01:22   #246
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 05:28
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Are there any master trainers for enchanting?
Old April 7, 2004, 01:32   #247
Nacht
Prince

Quote:
Are there any master trainers for enchanting?
Yes one, in Indoranyon (north of Sadrith Mora, mainland). But he is kind of hard to reach.
Old April 7, 2004, 02:58   #248
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

i heard the Telvanni are supposed to be badass at enchanting.
Old April 7, 2004, 14:49   #249
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Quote:
Originally posted by Nacht

You forgot Almexia.
Old April 7, 2004, 16:04   #250
Felch
Emperor

Quote:
Yes one, in Indoranyon (north of Sadrith Mora, mainland). But he is kind of hard to reach.
I had to keep calming him every time I trained. Annoying, but worth it.
Old April 7, 2004, 16:06   #251
Felch
Emperor

Quote:
Yeah that's it. Is there any way to summon ascended sleepers?
Old April 7, 2004, 22:59   #252
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Calming? Is that like those trainers that keep disappearing and reappearing all over the place. One at the Ald'ruhn theives guild kept going from upstairs to downstairs to the bar every single time I trained with him. Annoying.
Old April 7, 2004, 23:26   #253
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

That sort of happens in the Mages guild, but they don't really stray beyond the lowest floor, so its not that bad.
Old April 8, 2004, 00:11   #254
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Am I to undeestand, that you actually meet Lord Vivec himself? how far in the game do you have to go before you meet him? ALos, what the hell is the Keening Blade?
Old April 8, 2004, 00:29   #255
Skanky Burns

Quote:
Originally posted by bipolarbear
That sort of happens in the Mages guild, but they don't really stray beyond the lowest floor, so its not that bad.
In that inn, he went in every single room that building had, including the one upstairs where the guild master is, and downstairs where he normally resides. Annoying having to chase him all about the place just to give him your money.
Old April 8, 2004, 00:37   #256
Felch
Emperor

Quote:
Calming? Is that like those trainers that keep disappearing and reappearing all over the place. One at the Ald'ruhn theives guild kept going from upstairs to downstairs to the bar every single time I trained with him. Annoying.
I had that problem at the legion garrison in Ebonheart.

But no, calming actualling means making an enemy non-hostile. Otherwise you can't talk to them because they're in combat.
Old April 8, 2004, 00:40   #257
Felch
Emperor

Quote:
Am I to undeestand, that you actually meet Lord Vivec himself? how far in the game do you have to go before you meet him? ALos, what the hell is the Keening Blade?
If you can untrap a door and break a 100 strength lock, you can meet him as soon as you reach his namesake city. Within the story line, it's a little ways before the end that you meet him.

The Keening blade is an artifact you need to beat the game. Vivec tells you where to get it, and what it's used for.
Old April 8, 2004, 03:18   #258
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Quote:
If you can untrap a door and break a 100 strength lock, you can meet him as soon as you reach his namesake city. Within the story line, it's a little ways before the end that you meet him.

The Keening blade is an artifact you need to beat the game. Vivec tells you where to get it, and what it's used for.
SO that's what's behind that door.
Does it screw up the story if you kill him?
Is the keening blade a reliable weapon?
Old April 8, 2004, 10:16   #259
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 18:28
For Bipolarbear(and others), not sure if its been mentioned, but there is one better place to sell expensive items than Creeper.

Look for a mud crab east of Vivic(he's on some isolated Islands), be carefull not to kill it and if memmory serves me you can sell Items for upto 20,000 gold at a time, maybe its 10,000? anyway much more than anywhere else on Morrowind.

I've just 'upgraded' to the GOTY edition for the xbox, and have started over with a new char.

For me the biggest problem i have with the game is that after your char is about level 12, it all becomes a bit easy - and i refuse to use offensive magic spells or uber items!!

Thats why i prefer to play Daggerfall these days - its much more challanging.

Still Morrowind is definately one of the best games to come out in recent years .
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old April 8, 2004, 13:21   #260
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Quote:

It was already said here it doesn`t (even as game claims different).
Old April 8, 2004, 17:33   #261
MattH
King

Quote:
Originally posted by obstructor

He does have a sequence for you after Dagoth Ur is killed. And it makes no sense- he's a nice part of the storyline.
Old April 8, 2004, 18:27   #262
Nacht
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by obstructor

Quote:

I suppose you mean my post. I should've been more eleborate.

Yes, you can still defeat Dagoth Ur after killing Vivec, if you figure out the backpath to do it. But it does kill the storyline.

I wouldn't suggest killing Vivec in your first play through. The normal storyline is more fun.
Old April 9, 2004, 10:02   #263
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Quote:
I suppose you mean my post. I should've been more eleborate.

Yes, you can still defeat Dagoth Ur after killing Vivec, if you figure out the backpath to do it. But it does kill the storyline.

I wouldn't suggest killing Vivec in your first play through. The normal storyline is more fun.
Yeah, the killing the storyline part is what I meant.
Old April 9, 2004, 10:06   #264
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Quote:
Thursday, April 8th, 2004 08:16:50 am | profile | pm | search | buddy edit | quote link | report | ip

Support Apolyton

For Bipolarbear(and others), not sure if its been mentioned, but there is one better place to sell expensive items than Creeper.

Look for a mud crab east of Vivic(he's on some isolated Islands), be carefull not to kill it and if memmory serves me you can sell Items for upto 20,000 gold at a time, maybe its 10,000? anyway much more than anywhere else on Morrowind.

I've just 'upgraded' to the GOTY edition for the xbox, and have started over with a new char.

For me the biggest problem i have with the game is that after your char is about level 12, it all becomes a bit easy - and i refuse to use offensive magic spells or uber items!!

Thats why i prefer to play Daggerfall these days - its much more challanging.

Still Morrowind is definately one of the best games to come out in recent years .
I've already found the mudcrab. He is quite helpful. I've heard of teleport spells, but I'm not sure how they work, or how to determine where you teleport to.
I understand your stance on maginc, b/c it really isn't that good of a weapon if you use the destruction spells, but what abooot the uber weapons? What's so bad about enchanted and daedric stuff? Is it just too cool for you or what?
Old April 9, 2004, 10:31   #265
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 21:28
Nope, one of my characters was a pure mage, and he was the most powerful one. Not holding on for very long in a fight initially, but a good mage can wipe out a dozen enemies with one spell...
Old April 9, 2004, 11:56   #266
Zkribbler
Deity

Here's a pair of rather elementary questions:

I'm a sixth-level orc barbarian, sign of the warrior -- which means I have the intelligence of a retarded houseplant.

Is it worthwhile for me to learn magic? If so, how do I go about it?

I have lots of magical goodies in my stash, but all their qualities all appear as "?" I've looked around for a "magic receipe" book, but can't find one. I'm guessing that if I tried to join the Mage Guild, they'd only laugh at me and use big words a dumb orc like me couldn't understand.
Old April 9, 2004, 12:02   #267
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Quote:

I've already found the mudcrab. He is quite helpful. I've heard of teleport spells, but I'm not sure how they work, or how to determine where you teleport to.
I understand your stance on maginc, b/c it really isn't that good of a weapon if you use the destruction spells, but what abooot the uber weapons? What's so bad about enchanted and daedric stuff? Is it just too cool for you or what?
I used to use a mark spell/item when i was on the island with the mudcrab and i knew i had a load of stuff to sell(like ordinator armour etc). Then i would just use amnesty intervention(lol - whatever its called!) after i had sold my stuff to get back to the nearest temple. And repeat untill i was rich Not that it made much difference to me by that stage.

And yeah uber weapons are too cool for me - i like the rocky movies, so i got to feel a bit of pain and suffering before my enemy dies
My new character will try to survive with un-enchanted Nordic mail and Nordic weapons(as he's a Nord) for the whole game. With the GOTY edition i've set the difficulty slider to its hardest and hope its going to be more challanging.
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old April 9, 2004, 12:35   #268
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 21:28
If you're an Orc, generally, don't go magic. Also, if you're a Warrior sign, forget it. An Orc should mainly get a big hammer and play like, well, a Barbarian. Unless you're intentionally trying to play the in the hardest way for your character, ignore magic.
Old April 9, 2004, 13:12   #269
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

Local Time: 13:28
Quote:
Originally posted by Zkribbler
Here's a pair of rather elementary questions:

I'm a sixth-level orc barbarian, sign of the warrior -- which means I have the intelligence of a retarded houseplant.

Is it worthwhile for me to learn magic? If so, how do I go about it?
Stick to brute, physical strength.

[q]
I have lots of magical goodies in my stash, but all their qualities all appear as "?" I've looked around for a "magic receipe" book, but can't find one. I'm guessing that if I tried to join the Mage Guild, they'd only laugh at me and use big words a dumb orc like me couldn't understand. [/QUOTE]

The properties of plants and potions, etc, are revealed as your Alchemy skill rises. I believe the first and second properties are shown when your Alchemy skill has reached around 35-40, and the third and fourth properties appear 5-10 points or so beyond that.
Old April 9, 2004, 15:38   #270
Skanky Burns

I can see 3 properties of alchemy ingredients at the moment. Seems I will need to increase my alchemy skill more though. I thought it was related to intelligence.