Old September 8, 2000, 10:38   #1
Curumbor Elendil
Prince

Local Time: 18:05
Local Date: October 30, 2010
More scenario fun
Last night, Berzerker, the Canadian War Beaver, Frank Johnson, and I played a little World War I scenario action, getting up to early 1915. I was the Central Powers, allied with Frank with the Turks, facing War4ever with the Brits and Berz with the Russians. The French were AI, as were the Americans/Neutrals. When we quit, I had taken most of France and was on top of a seesaw battle over Minsk, which has a direct railway connection to Moscow. However, the Russians held out against a combined Turkish-Austrian attack on Belgrade. Meanwhile, the British have annihilated the German Navy and continue to bombard Kiel incessantly. Nevertheless, a lack of transports has so far prevented either side from launching attacks on their respective homelands.

The scenario has been going pretty well so far. The main problem has been the near-invincibility of artillery, because building railroads allows them to come right up to cities. This scenario would be much better if it abolished railroads and lowered the movement penalty for roads to 1/4th or 1/5th.

------------------
Curumbor Elendil
http://pantheon.yale.edu/~jps35/
ICQ 56126989