t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 20:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
PM from Mainac
QUOTING: "probe skimship
Hello again most honoured Hiveans,

This turn a CPU probe skimship has spotted a Hivean plasma cutter entering the Atlantic Ocean. The probe skimship is now floating on the square South East of the Hivean cutter, and has contacted the cutter's captain to transfer the greetings of the Consciousness. We would like to inform you that the mission of that probe skimship is to infiltrate the Data Angel datalinks, and thus assure you that we have no intention to sail into Hivean territorial waters. We hope the Hive will respect our borders as well.

Friendly greetings,

Mani Alpha-3
Prime Function of the Cybernetic Consciousness
Member of the Central Processing Unit"

My answer:
"Resived and right now being at report to rest of Hive commarads.
I see this pre-notice in positive light, though you'll have to wait for ofitial answer a bit.

Regards, t_ras
Prime former operator of the HIve "

do we belaave him?
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 28, 2004, 22:37   #2
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 13:33
I do not believe him.

I think we should hold off destroying it unless it is in a position to threaten one of our cities or the Peace Colony Pod next turn.

I'll offer more thoughts once I see the turn.

Mead
Old February 28, 2004, 23:51   #3
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 12:33
Will we be able to monitor its movements? Is our cruiser already in their teritory?

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 29, 2004, 00:30   #4
Mead
King

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Will we be able to monitor its movements? Is our cruiser already in their teritory?
No, it is in neutral territory.

Their probship says it has a range 4. Does this include the +2 Maritine Control Bounus?

If it does they that CycOn Probe is in range of hurting nothing but our cruiser and maybe one othe ship of ours (where is that Peace transport?). The CyCon probe ship is 5 spaces away from the nearest Angle base, so unless it actually has a movement of 6 (because of the +2 MCC) it cannot probe that base yet.

CyCon says that they only want to infiltrate the datalinks. I don't want them to. I do not want them to help themselves to any Data angle possessions. I want to make any fight they have with the Data Angles harder, not easier for them.

I say kill the probeship, especially if we are to make the council proposal this turn.

Let's confer with our allies the Drones before we do.

Mead
Old February 29, 2004, 00:34   #5
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

I think we might ignore it if theres a good chance their going for ANGELS.

spetialy now that we have front with them.
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old February 29, 2004, 00:37   #6
Mead
King

Quote:
Originally posted by t_ras
I think we might ignore it if theres a good chance their going for ANGELS.

spetialy now that we have front with them.
I think they may very well be going to infiltrate the Angles.

Even so I do not want to make any potential fight for them against the Angles an easier for CyCon than it need be.

Mead
Old February 29, 2004, 00:55   #7
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

I agree to kill the probe. We will be at war with them anyway. We can add a Pravda artical about this saying this is make us more suspicious about their intentions.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 29, 2004, 02:01   #8
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 11:33
Quote:
Originally posted by Mead
Their probship says it has a range 4. Does this include the +2 Maritine Control Bounus?
No, it doesn't. Foil hulls have 4 movement points, plus another 2 from the MCC (and plus another 1 if elite)

Cruiser hulls have 6(basic) +2 (MCC) +1 (if elite)

G.
Old February 29, 2004, 02:25   #9
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

I just realized something, why would the CyCon feel the need to tell us about this probe, they knew we were going to see it and if they had no intention of infeltration they why even mention it? It seems suspicious. I told HongHu earlier that I did not think we should destroy it, but on second thought I do not believe we can risk infiltration. In effect we’re dammed it we do and dammed if we do not, if they infiltrate us they will see the military buildup if we destroy the probe then they might use that as a causis belli against us.
Old February 29, 2004, 02:34   #10
Snowflake
Princess

They will not reach the Hive land even if they have 7 movement points. They could buy our cruiser though I suppose if they like to. But we do not have risk of being infiltrated.

Grapefruit Garden
Old February 29, 2004, 02:38   #11
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
They will not reach the Hive land even if they have 7 movement points. They could buy our cruiser though I suppose if they like to. But we do not have risk of being infiltrated.
Excellent, in that case perhaps letting them be is the most prudent course of action, that way we do not appear as the hostile faction (that was not indented to rhyme).
Old February 29, 2004, 10:37   #12
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 18:33
Can we wait till it IS in our territory and eliminate it?

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old February 29, 2004, 18:33   #13
Mead
King

We could place our F-15 on top of our cruiser, if we have not yet moved it.

This way our cruiser is immune from probe action this turn.

If we do nothing we will allow CyCon to buy the Cruiser.

If they buy the cruiser they they might not be able to use their probe to infiltrate Data Angels and we allow them to cast the first stone.

If that is the will of the people then so be it. Just recognize that we are giving them the opputunity to buy the cruiser.

Mead
Old March 1, 2004, 00:45   #14
Snowflake
Princess

My PM to Maniac:

Quote:
Dear Function Maniac,

I'm happy to learn that the target of your probe skimship is not the Hive. Needless to say the current situation is very sensitive. The people of the Hive are very unsettling seeing that the CPU's aggressiveness has started moving very closely toward the Hive land. After much discussion we have decided to trust you one more time and to let the probe ship live. We hope this action conveys again our desire for peace. However, please be noted that the Hive will not tolerate any hostile action toward it.

Sincerely,

Ambassador HongHu

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 1, 2004, 01:26   #15
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Good response. The more neutral we can sound for now, the better. I'm just waiting for the Council motion to ignite the war, and that shouldn't take very long.
Old March 5, 2004, 14:07   #16
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

good answer
Old March 11, 2004, 00:57   #17
Snowflake
Princess

T-ras passed me this last night (he will not be able to come in until Thursday evening). I apologize I forgot to post this:

Quote:
Re: PEACE talks part II
Hi t_ras,

Glad you like it on first sight.
Btw, our Military Affairs Function proposed a modified version of point 6. Could you please post it in your forum to discuss about it and see if your people like it?

6> No new CPU/Hive/PEACE bases can be founded within 16 squares of an existing CPU/Hive/PEACE base. Nor can any Angel base be captured by CPU, Hive or PEACE (besides one base to let PEACE survive). This is to keep a buffer faction between us.

Thanks,

Maniac

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 11, 2004, 13:01   #18
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

and i'm back!
is it still relevent?
are we looking to calm them down?