Old February 28, 2004, 22:43   #1
CivArmy s. 1994
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:33
Local Date: November 2, 2010
civ The Argentine, ready to download
Finally we can play as The Argentine, use the link http://www.civ3.com.br/forum/viewtop...42238941#52123 to download this civ.
Special thanks to Academia, BelegDraug, jorde, Androrc and alejandro-magno, they give me much information to do the civilopedia, choice the units, leader, bonuses...

I hope you all enjoy!

Civ army s. 1994

Civ Name: The Argentine.
Bonuses: Commercial and Agricultural (C3C) and Commercial and Militaristic (Vanilla and PTW).
Title and Leader Name: General José de San Martín.
Favorite and Shunned Government: Republic and Fascism (C3C) and Republic and Monarchy (Vanilla and PTW).
Aggression Level: 03 (moderate).
Culture Group: American.
Noun: Argentine.
Adjective: Argentine
Default and Alternative colors: Light Blue (the same of The Americans) and Dark Blue (the same of the Germans).
Unique Unit: Pucará (replace Fighter).
Civilopedia entry: RACE_ARGENTINE

Cities list:
Buenos Aires
Salta
Rosario
Córdoba
Mendoza
Paraná
Santa Fe
Santiago del Estero
Jujuy
Corrientes
La Plata
Mar del Plata
Santa Rosa
San Luis
La Rioja
Catamarca
Formosa
Resistencia
San Juan
Posadas
Viedma
Rawson
Comodoro Rivadavia
Venado Tuerto
Rafaela
Rio Gallegos
Rio Grande
Ushuaia
Trelew
Puerto Madryn
San Nicolás
Pilar
GualeguayChu
Neuquén
Concepción del Bermejo
Puerto Egmont
San Fernando del Valle
Chuquisaca
Huaquí
San Miguel de Tucuman
Rio Cuarto
Bahia Blanca
Mar del Plata
Viedma
San Carlos de Bariloche
Puerto Santa Cruz
Ushuaia
Misiones
Beuguen
Rio Negro
Salta
Concordia
Junín
San Isidro
Vicente López
Tandil
La Matanza
Formosa
Pergamino
Olavaria
Luján
Zárate

Military leaders:
Barlotomé Mitre
Mariano Moreno
Juan Domingo Perón
General Cornelio de Saavedra
José de San Martín
Martín Güemes
Manuel Belgrano
Juan Manuel de Rosas
Yrigoyen
San Tiago de Liniers

Scientific Leaders:
César Milstein
Bernardo Houssay
Jorge Luis Borges
Aldo Ferrer
Cosme Argerich
René Favaloro
Salvador Mazza
Luis Federico Leloir
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	scenarioreferences.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	111.3 KB
ID:	65736  

Last edited by CivArmy s. 1994; May 5, 2004 at 18:00.
CivArmy s. 1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 28, 2004, 23:13   #2
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 14:33
Try the spansih forum, may find more help down there from that area.
vmxa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2, 2004, 13:33   #3
tj1974
Settler

Local Time: 12:33
Diego Maradonna?

Are you having a laugh?

I know very little about Argentinean culture but surely you can think of a better person for your SGL than a cheating drug addict?

Edit: Ok so that is a little inconstructive. Here's a link that may help you find some SGL names:

http://www.latin-american.cam.ac.uk/...mulacra-77.htm
Old March 2, 2004, 13:41   #4
CivArmy s. 1994
Chieftain

Maradonna out!
I put Maradonna and Evita out of the new list, all the Civ characteristcs are not atualized in this forum.
I'm posting a leader preview, he also chage, he is Miguel de San Martins.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	san martin preview.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	27.4 KB
ID:	66294  

Last edited by CivArmy s. 1994; March 5, 2004 at 10:22.
CivArmy s. 1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 2, 2004, 14:18   #5
vmxa1
Deity

He needs a countance change I think. At least a hint of a smile.
Old March 2, 2004, 14:36   #6
tj1974
Settler

Local Time: 12:33
mind you, he looks like he means business without a smile!!

Old March 5, 2004, 10:24   #7
CivArmy s. 1994
Chieftain

Pucará Unique Unit preview
You see Pucará preview.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	pucará preview02.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	27.3 KB
ID:	66295  
Old March 5, 2004, 15:14   #8
vmxa1
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by tj1974
mind you, he looks like he means business without a smile!!

At least he is not as ugly as Khan.
Old March 9, 2004, 02:00   #9
academia
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Hi dude!
Altough i´m not a civ3 fan (still playing civ2!! yep. it´s alive), i think i can help you here.

Some comments:
Quote:
Bonuses: Commercial and Agricultural (C3C) and Commercial and Militaristic (Vanilla and PTW).
I really like commercial and agricultural. But are you sure about Militaristic... we only fought the falklands war in the 20th century... i don´t consider argentina as a warmonger country...

Quote:
Title and Leader Name: Miguel de San Martín.
It´s Jose de San Martin

Quote:
Favorite and Shunned Government: Republic and Fascism (C3C) and Republic and Monarchy (Vanilla and PTW).
Fascism... mmm... maybe during the Peron government, but apart from that... well, we have military juntas. so yep, i guess it´s ok

Quote:
Unique Unit: Pucará (replace Fighter).
Not bad. we also have a tank called TAM designed in the 70s

Excellent choices for the cities, leaders and scientifics lists

Quote:
- Discovery by Spanish: 1514. They are looking for the Pacific Ocean.
Not sure about that year. FYI, Buenos Aires was built in 1536, destroyed by the indians and refounded in 1580

Quote:
- The Native Indians started trade with the new inhabitants, so they were killed and by the same people. The survives have changed to Christians and married with the Europeans. What is the mainly races of the native Indians??? Tupis?
No, no tupis.
There were querandíes and puelches in buenos aires. guaranies in misiones (near paraguay).
tobas, mocovíes, matacos in formosa, chaco, salta.
comechingones and sanavirones in cordoba, santiago del estero.
diaguitas and huarpes in san juan, la rioja.
araucanos, ranqueles and tehuelches in la pampa. neuquen.
patagones in rio negro, santa cruz.
onas in tierra del fuego.

Quote:
- Silver extraction was the principal activity in colonial times. The ports were numerous and were used to many routes.
Nope... we didn´t have silver or gold. the main mines were in bolivia and peru.
the principal activity was the commerce of furs with europe. wool and cotton too.

Quote:
- The Independence process starts in 1776, when the English wanted free trade in South American ports and finish in 1816, when the Rebel Government from Buenos Aires finally defeat the Spanish army based in the interior of the colony. In these Independence times happened wars between Spanish, English and Buenos Aires inhabitants. Some historical figures appear in this period, like San Martín, hero of the Argentine Independence.
Mmm... not exactly accurate. but i´m not sure if you are asking for a history lesson here.

Quote:
- In 1816 the republic was declared. The nation is organized and met some internal and external conflicts.
Yep. not bad.

Quote:
- Between WWII end and the military dictatorship: Perionist Period, disputes by the power, between this party, army and other new parties, some them radicals against the Perionists.
Correct

Quote:
- The military dictatorship happened between 1976 and 1983. It was supported by USA government. But, why Army took the power???
We had other military juntas before...
Why army took power? because it was a "tradition" in a way
We had our first coup d´etat in 1930. So, there was the general idea that "if things go wrong, let the militaries take the power and order the country". Before that 1976 military dictatorship, they had a good reputation.
Moreover, Peron died in 1973; his wife took office (not Eva Peron; his second wife Isabel Martinez de Peron) and it was one of the worst governments in our history.

Quote:
- Today: the country has some economical problems, result of a plan that fixed Peso exchange rate with the Dollar. Argentina has agricultural activities (sunflower seeds, lemons, soybeans, grapes, corn, tobacco, peanuts, tea and wheat crops), base industries and tourism activities. The life is heavy based in its capital, Buenos Aires.
Good

Quote:
- The Argentine Civilization is Commercial (since the colonial times, the nation was used exclusivity to economical activities) and Agricultural (because the agribusiness).
Yep. no doubt
Old March 9, 2004, 20:30   #10
Nylan-Nolan
DiplomacyPtWDG2 Monty PythonApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Warlord

Local Time: 10:33
CivArmy, have you thought about posting this on CFC? You might get some help there.

P.S. If you are not registered, maybe Academea can post it for you. Looks good.
Old March 10, 2004, 11:03   #11
CivArmy s. 1994
Chieftain

More about Argentine
Hi Academia, thanks for the suggestions, here come the answers:
Bonuses: the main combo is Agricultural and Commercial, how Agricultural is not available in PTW and Vanilla versions, I chose Militaristic because I read in some Internet sites about the investments and reorganization of the Argentine army. The country is not Scientific, Expansionist and Religious, I think the better choice was Militaristic like part of alternative combo.
The real name s José, my mistake
UU: I can make alternatives UU in the future, so I can use TAM and another one suggested in another forum, the mounted unit Granadero.
I found the discovery date in a Internet site, maybe it is wrong, I don’t know, but I believe this date is right. I can use the date “XVI century” unless 1514 a.C.
I have to change Civilopedia, the data who said about colonial economy, take silver off and put furs, wool and cotton in. Thanks!
Independence: the civilopedia must be simple, if you know the Independence history in two or three lines, please, post. This text must shows who fought against who and why.

Academia, thanks for all the other information, like military dictatorship, Isabel Martines de Peron, Native Indians names… I’ll use all them in Civilopedia.

Regards from Brazil!

PS: Nylan-Nolan, CFC = Civ Fanatic Center??? If it is, I have posted there.
Old March 10, 2004, 13:15   #12
vmxa1
Deity

Yes that is CFC.
Old April 4, 2004, 12:32   #13
CivArmy s. 1994
Chieftain

Help request:
More info about Miguel de San Martins.
More info about Pucará airplane.
What is the date of the Republic proclamation? 1816?
When Buenos Aires was destroyed? It was founded in 1534 and re-founded in 1580, but when it was destroyed by natives?
If someone found an error or have suggestions, please, post.

I hope launch this civ this week (3D animated leaderhead, UU...) The others characteristics was upgraded in the first post.

Thanks!

Civilopedia:
Argentina was discovered by Spain in 1514, when it sailors in Atlantic were looking for a passage to Pacific Ocean. This land was inhabited by dozens of Native Indians as Querandíes, Puelches, Araucanos, Tobas, Patagones and Onas, that have started trade with the strangers after they arrived. Years after the discovery, disputes by lands and the intention of the Monarchy to use slavery work caused wars between Spanish, colonists and the natives, the destruction of the colony of Buenos Aires in 1.5?? is the example of one of these battles. The Indians were killed, the survives have converted to Christians and married with the Europeans. Late, slaves from African were brought to work in Argentina and in the others Spanish colonies.
The trade of Furs, wool and cotton were the main activity in colonial times. The ports in the coast and Plata Basin were numerous and were used to many sea routes. The Silver was extracted in others colonies, like Peru and Bolivia, not from Argentina.
The Independence process starts in 1776, when the English wanted free trade in South American ports and finish in 1820, when the Rebel Government from Buenos Aires finally defeat the Spanish army in the interior of Argentina, Bolivia, Peru and other colonies. Some historical figures appeared in this period, as Manuel Belgrano, Martín Güemes and Miguel de San Martin, hero of the Argentine Independence and his own cavalry, The Granadero a Caballo. In these times other colonies of Spain strike on for freedom, as Paraguay and Uruguay.
The republic was declared in 1.816, the nation was organized, native lands were conquest and the country entered in some internal conflicts (against the federation) and external one (Plata War and Paraguay War). The most important period of the Argentine politic was the Perionist Time in the XX century, centered in the image of Juan Domingo Peron, a populist politic.
Since the independence, the army is influent in Argentina, it took the government in different eras, for different reasons. The last period that it ruled the nation was between 1976 and 1983 supported by USA government. The army took the power saying the communist had the intention to conquest Argentina, the same argument was used in the military dictatorship in Brazil and Chile. This period was the most bloodily in the history of the country. In these years, Argentina involves in a war against England, disputing the control of the oil of Isla Malvinas (Falkland Islands).
Today, the country has some economical problems, result of the plan that fixed Peso exchange rate with the Dollar. Argentina has agricultural activities (sunflower seeds, lemons, soybeans…), base industries and tourism. The life is heavy based in its capital, Buenos Aires and the people fall in love by soccer and them idol, Maradonna. The Patagonia is a rich area of natural resources, like Amazon in Brazil.
The Argentine Civilization is Commercial (since the colonial times, the nation was used exclusivity to economical activities) and Agricultural (because the agribusiness), in Vanilla/PTW version it is Commercial and Militaristic.

Pucará, the UU of Argentina:
The airplane Pucará is the Argentine unique unit, it fought in Malvinas War, foundering some ships of the powerful British navy.
Old April 21, 2004, 16:36   #14
CivArmy s. 1994
Chieftain

3d animated leaderhead preview
u see Argentine leader preview (animated, 3D, era specific)
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	war.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	70387  
Old May 2, 2004, 22:40   #15
academia
Emperor

More info about San Martin:
http://www.pachami.com/English/ressanmE.htm

About the Pucara:
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/row/pucara.htm

Quote:
What is the date of the Republic proclamation? 1816?
July 9th, 1816

Quote:
When Buenos Aires was destroyed? It was founded in 1534 and re-founded in 1580, but when it was destroyed by natives?
Sorry, it was first founded in April 2nd, 1536.
When it was destroyed?mmm... not sure... some people say 1541. they also claim that the population was moved to Asuncion.
Old May 2, 2004, 22:51   #16
academia
Emperor

Quote:
The last period that it ruled the nation was between 1976 and 1983 supported by USA government.
NO!!! please!! don´t use that

USA didn´t support the government. you make it sound like if the military junta was an american puppet
seriously, you can´t even compare it with the allende situation...
I assume you know that in general terms, US governments prefered military juntas to left wing governments in southamerica... (cold war explanation). but that was all. ok? they dídn´t even send money, military stuff, or other things.

Quote:
The army took the power saying the communist had the intention to conquest Argentina, the same argument was used in the military dictatorship in Brazil and Chile.
That´s not 100% accurate. there were some left-wing guerrillas but not a serious, general "guerrilla warfare" conflict in argentina. As i told you before, we had that "if things go wrong, let the militaries take the power and order the country" tradition.

Quote:
This period was the most bloodily in the history of the country. In these years, Argentina involves in a war against England, disputing the control of the oil of Isla Malvinas (Falkland Islands)
OIL????????
dude, i´ve heard many reasons/theories in order to explain this war... but oil is a new one for me.
No way!! oil wasn´t the reason (we are talking about the falklands island... not irak )

In a way, we can say that:
After 5 years in power members of the “Military Junta” in Argentina, led by Lieutenant General
Leopoldo Fortunato Galtieri, decided that it was necessary to stem the tide of discontent
spreading throughout the country. The solution they sought was a crusade that would unite the
nation under one common goal. On March 26th, 1982, they held a secret meeting to find a
solution to an international crisis at British Port Leith, where contracted Argentine workers had
raised their flag. Britain had reacted by sending a task force there to defend against impending
attack.
It was decided at this meeting that this would be the last dispute with Britain over the Falklands
and South Georgia. Invoking national pride and a “historical right” of sovereignty over the
islands, the Military Junta decided it was time to take them by force, no matter the consequences.
Therefore on March 31st “Operation Azul” began. It ended with the capture of Port Stanley on
April 2nd.
Old May 2, 2004, 22:54   #17
academia
Emperor

Quote:
Today, the country has some economical problems, result of the plan that fixed Peso exchange rate with the Dollar.
You must mention the foreign debt too

there other minor "mistakes" in the description, but there aren´t really relevant.
Old May 3, 2004, 09:10   #18
CivArmy s. 1994
Chieftain

Academia, thanks for the tips. Argentine civilopedia is long, I can't expande more this file, here comes the present version. If u have new tips, post.

Argentina was discovered by Spain in 1514, when it sailors in Atlantic were looking for a passage to Pacific Ocean. These sailors discovered the Plata River (Silver River in Spanish), because its color, the colony was named Argentina (come from Argo, silver in Greek).
This land was inhabited by dozens of Native Indians as Querandíes, Puelches, Araucanos, Tobas, Patagones and Onas, that have started trade with the strangers after they arrived. Years after the discovery, disputes by lands and the intention of the Monarchy to use slavery work caused wars between Spanish, colonists and the natives, the battles in Buenos Aires in XVI century is an example of these ones. The Indians were killed, the survives have converted to Christians and married with the Europeans. Late, slaves from African were brought to work in Argentina and in the others Spanish colonies.
The trade of furs, wool and cotton were the main activity in colonial times. The ports in the coast and Plata Basin were numerous and were used to many sea routes. The Silver was extracted in others colonies, like Peru and Bolivia, not from Argentina.
The Independence process starts in 1776, when the English wanted free trade in South American ports and finish in 1820, when the Rebel Government from Buenos Aires finally defeat the Spanish army in the interior of Argentina, Bolivia, Peru and other colonies. Some historical figures appeared in this period, as Manuel Belgrano, Martín Güemes and Miguel de San Martin, hero of the Argentine Independence and his own cavalry, The Granaderos a Caballo. In these times other colonies of Spain strike on for freedom, as Paraguay and Uruguay.
The great leader in Civilization 3 is General Dom José de San Martin, an Argentine that studied in Spain and entered in its army, fighting against Napoleon forces in 1808. After this war, San Martin has returned to his country were knew the rebel officers of the colony, joining to Buenos Aires forces and creating the powerful mounted corp. called Granaderos a Caballo. The general fought against Spanish forces in present countries of South America, using audacious strategies, like the invasion of Valparaiso and Lima by sea, he conquest important victories to rebels of the colonies. General Dom José acted in politician decisions too. Across the dead of his wife and the Argentine Civil War, San Martin moved to France in 1824.
The republic was declared in 1.816, the nation was organized, native lands were conquest and the country entered in some internal conflicts (against the federation) and external one (Plata War and Paraguay War). The most important period of the Argentine politic was the Perionist Time in the XX century, centered in the image of Juan Domingo Peron, a populist politic.
Since the independence, the army is influent in Argentina, it took the government in different eras, for different reasons. The last period that it ruled the nation was between 1976 and 1983, with the probation of USA government, in the cold war. The army took the power saying the communist had the intention to conquest Argentina, the same argument was used in the military dictatorship in Brazil and Chile. In this time also happened some internal conflicts, the army could resolve them. This period was the most bloodily in the history of the country. In these years, Argentina involves in a war against England, disputing the control of Isla Malvinas (Falkland Islands), a government’s action to join all the country into a national cause.
Today, the country has some economical problems, result of the plan that fixed Peso exchange rate with the Dollar and the foreign debt. Argentina has agricultural activities (sunflower seeds, lemons, soybeans…), base industries and tourism. The life is heavy based in its capital, Buenos Aires and the people fall in love by soccer and them idol, Maradonna. The Patagonia is a rich area of natural resources, like Amazon in Brazil.
The Argentine Civilization is Commercial (since the colonial times, the nation was used exclusivity to economical activities) and Agricultural (because the agribusiness), in Vanilla/PTW version it is Commercial and Militaristic.

I'm exporting right now the files of the leader to *.flc, how I said in CFC, some stuff are not like I want, I used few resources, becuse I just use the free ones. This process of exporting is long, I have to wati several hours, but tuesday or wesdays the civ will be available to download.
I always can launch a new version in the future, check the file to see the final arts of José de San Martin, 3d, animated, era specific.

regards and thanks!!!
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	war.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	71348  
Old May 3, 2004, 11:05   #19
academia
Emperor

the civilopedia looks great CivArmy
good job
Old May 4, 2004, 19:51   #20
Chilean President™
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin Lovers
Deity

WOW! Amazing job CivArmy s. 1994
Old May 5, 2004, 17:52   #21
CivArmy s. 1994
Chieftain

THE ARGENTINE R READY TO DOWNLOAD!!!
Finally we can play as The Argentine, use the link http://www.civ3.com.br/forum/viewtop...42238941#52123 to download this civ.
Special thanks to Academia, BelegDraug, jorde, Androrc and alejandro-magno, they give me much information to do the civilopedia, choice the units, leader, bonuses...

I hope you all enjoy!

Civ army s. 1994
Old May 9, 2004, 18:05   #22
perepe
Settler

Local Time: 18:33
aguante la academia loco!!!
perepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2004, 20:50   #23
CivArmy s. 1994
Chieftain

Quote:
Originally posted by perepe
aguante la academia loco!!!
???
Old May 9, 2004, 21:51   #24
Chilean President™
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesSpanish CiversPtWDG2 Latin Lovers
Deity

"Academia" is the nickname of a Argentine football team (Racing). What perepe said could be translated as "Go Academia man!!", in relation of Academia's nick and avatar.