Old April 5, 2004, 10:16   #91
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 20:35
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Obstructor, DO NOT start moving around military units of CyCon before I got a look at the CyCon turn. On the PUT turn I see DBTSverse Portal conquered. I first want to see the CyCon point of view.

Further more. I need to check this with the previous turn, but out of my head I remember no drone riots in Caboolture the turn before. So normally the production there should have been finished.

Edit: checked the previous PUT turn, their were drone riots.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Last edited by GeoModder; April 5, 2004 at 11:28.
Old April 5, 2004, 13:33   #92
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Ahem, I would wait for someone (/me looks at geo) to open the turn and say if sth unexpected has happened, so that I do not have to save and reload turns for them (eg announcing base is taken, or shoulw we do that poll).
Old April 5, 2004, 14:19   #93
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Ahum that I am, you can't see it.

Well, production of the flying brigade in Caboolture was appearantly disrupted because of drone riots last turn.

Next turn it should be finished. Caboolture is not taken, although the Drones could have done so without losing anyone another turn because they're last in playline (at least, as far as I the bug understand). Therefore I find it weird that no diplo PM has come (or testing from Tass) that Caboolture can't be hold and must be obliterated.

Hive has taken DBTSverse Portal, population size 2.
That is why I ask not to start executing my former MAF orders because I want to see how the situation is.

What I find weird is that they have defeated 3 interceptor air units. They must have a hell of a lot of interceptors themself for pulling that kind of trick.

Anyway, my first thought is to use the probe transport north of Pi Square to move near DBTS, and use the probes on Hive there.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 8, 2004, 08:58   #94
GeoModder
Deity

I checked the rules, and appearantly it is allowed to upgrade and use units during midturn

I came up with an idea because of this...

If the seastrait between Caboolture and DBTSverse Portal isn't blocked, we can move the probe transport just near DBTS, unload the probes, and do what we want in the base (infiltrating, stealing, even mindcontrolling if we have the cash).
On the other hand, we have two drop missile infantry in Apolyton Prime coming turn. We could drop those close to DBTS, move one tile over road (or river) and attack DBTS. And then upgrade them to SAM missile infantry, so they could resist an air attack.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 8, 2004, 09:23   #95
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Haven't looked at the turn for ages, so I can't give specific advise, but here's a general military tip: SAM land units defend with their armour, not their weapon, when attacked by air units. So using them to resist air attacks doesn't work.
Also keep in mind that there might be enemy probes in DBTS, making achieving infiltration harder.
Old April 8, 2004, 12:10   #96
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Only AAA units get bonus to defense.
Old April 8, 2004, 17:09   #97
GeoModder
Deity

We got 3 probes in that transport, should be enough. Risks must be taken, otherwise we're just letting Hive-Drones continue to take the initiative, Maniac. The last 2 turns I kept our military deliberately out of our bases or doubles fitting in to confuse the enemy, that should start to get them careful on other fronts. They must think that in 2 turns our naval forces can move a VERY long way.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 8, 2004, 19:42   #98
GeoModder
Deity

Official MAF orders for the retaking of DBTSverse Portal:

The following moves are the first to be done for CC turn.
  • Transport on 64.54 moves to 74.52.
  • Probe 1: leaves transport on tile 74.54. Then turnplayer looks at the defenses of DBTSverse Portal. If enemy probe inthere, attack it, if not, check how much a mind control costs, but DO NOT yet initiate a mindcontrol. Instead, infiltrate Hive.
  • Probe 2: if probe 1 defeated by a Hive probe, kill the Hive probe. If DBTS already probe-free, steal tech.
  • Probe 3: use it to mindcontrol DBTS. Whatever the outcomes of previous probe movements, the last one MUST be used to mindcontrol DBTS (at least, if we have enough energy).
  • Ok, DBTS should be ours now, and the Hive units around as well. Drop a missile squad from Apolyton Prime into DBTS, upgrade them both (in the workshop so they don't lose their movement) to a SAM missile squad, and the one in DBTS attacks the Drone fighter 73.53.
  • Use the Hive chopper on 71.55 to attack both Drone choppers on 73.53 and move it then in Apolyton Prime (watch out, don't let it move through a base, otherwise it stops there).
  • Ok, something I forgot to mention last turn: Miriam pays us a visit on And/Or Gate. Contact her to know what she wants, or demand redrawal. If into war, attack that impact rover with our 'new' needlejet near DBTS (move the needlejet to 80.62)

Make a midsave there and post it. Btw, you didn't post the PUT turn in the main forum? Or did you ask Tass to do this?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 9, 2004, 04:02   #99
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

I forgot, but it doesn`t matter much, since I posted it here, is a formality, anyone coulda play it, since I just needed to look base display and end turn. Midsave turn coming up soon.
Old April 9, 2004, 09:03   #100
GeoModder
Deity

Good, in an hour or two I post the remaining MAF orders (belly rumbling), will be the already posted ones, but I'm thinking of not moving the Hygeria around Paradigm/Atlantis towards Boone Island. Too many air defenses in that visible Hive base. Need to check the distance.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 9, 2004, 09:08   #101
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Ahem, we now have infiltration in Hive - I hope you checked the midsave turn?
/me expects wonders from MAF

Last edited by Illuminatus; April 9, 2004 at 09:42.
Old April 9, 2004, 10:38   #102
GeoModder
Deity

CyCon tentative Military Orders MY 2161

Ok, following orders apply for no spotting of enemy units. If an enemy unit is spotted, stop the move of that unit and let me know.
  • CCS Love Boat moves to 54.30, but let it scout a bit towards 56.30 and enter 54.30 with two movement points left (checking for hostiles or native life).
  • Transport on 52.40 moves to 54.30 (seafungus).
  • Hygeria on 47.49 moves to 53.39.
  • Impact Marine on 41.65 moves to 43.65.
  • Liar's Lair production MUST be finished NEXT turn, check this, and if not, hurry production.
  • Probe foil on 80.74 moves to 84.66.
  • Hygeria in Paradigm stays there.
  • Pi Square Probe Team moves to Apolyton Prime.
  • Battle Ogre in Logic Loop moves to Apolyton Prime.
  • Plasma Garrison in Boolean Bay moves to Logic Loop.
  • Choppers in DBTS move to Apolyton Prime.
  • The drop unit in DBTS obliterate DBTS

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 9, 2004, 11:29   #103
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Off to play midturn.
Old April 9, 2004, 12:15   #104
GeoModder
Deity

incomplete, update is below

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 9, 2004, 12:15   #105
GeoModder
Deity

Update MAF orders:

Move the CCS Love Boat to 57.31, and attack that chopper
Move the Hygeria and Transport as ordered, more drone riots will occur then, be warned.
Change the name 'GeoDroper to GeoDropper' in the workshop please. If you name units to me, do it correctly

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 9, 2004, 12:40   #106
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

OK new report - did as done - and new riots occured.
We can: -switch to planned and set to 30 percent pysch, mainly because it is impossible to quell riots in Liar`s Lair without it. But this will change our income per turn from 236 to 98 per turn .
Also there is 65 credits with palned and 105 with FM left. Any suggestion for hurrying or I can guess myself? (copter at logic loop eg)
Old April 9, 2004, 12:45   #107
GeoModder
Deity

In planned normally a doctor can be changed to worker, and production is then finished next turn. But if not, please hurry the LL production, we're gonna need it with Believer war as well.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 9, 2004, 12:50   #108
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

In planned there is no need. In FM there is no way to stop riots . Anyway I jsut killed 20 000 citizens (DBTS wiped out). What a terrible feeling. Should I move the garrison west to forest now, after obliterating base? (I doubt it can withstand assault in open terrain)
Old April 9, 2004, 12:52   #109
GeoModder
Deity

Ah yes, thought that unit's movement would be finished with obliterating. Please bring it in a forest ASAP.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 9, 2004, 12:53   #110
GeoModder
Deity

Besides, Obstructor, we haven't obliterated DBTS, it's those evil Hiverians who destroyed it just before we mindcontrolled them...
Same like in Kelvin Grove

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 12, 2004, 18:30   #111
GeoModder
Deity

Military Affairs (tentative ) orders for PUT, MY 2162
  • Flying Brigade in Caboolture obliterates the base
Tentative Military Affairs orders for CyCon, MY 2162
  • CCS Love Boat from 57.32 to 56.24, and further to 52.20 (seafungus)
  • Hygeria from 53.39 to 53.27
  • Impaler Transport from 54.30 to 52.20
  • Impaler Transport in Liar's Lair (if ready) takes the Impact Marine onboard (45.66) and moves on to 43.55
  • YangBomber (rename to 'Shrike') moves to 80.65, then to 70.65, then lands in Pi Square
  • Liberator on 71.55 to Pi Square, idem for the GeoDropper on 73.55
  • Probe foil on 84.66 to 92.68 (second attempt for probing Believers next turn)
  • Remainder of the military units repairing or kept in reserve for further orders as we see the turn
Some things I noticed using our infiltration:
  • Drones researches Optical Computers
  • Hive researches Planetary Economics
  • Hive has lost it's Cutter Cruiser to the Angels, only 3 foils left for that faction ATM, and no ship building program at present

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 12, 2004, 19:21   #112
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 18:35
Nervestaple and run FM

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old April 14, 2004, 00:40   #113
GeoModder
Deity

Is decided, and belongs in the IAF thread.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 14, 2004, 05:25   #114
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 11:35
we also need military production requests form your department, nearly all bases are alocated to military proudction now so you may pick the new productions. I have made sugjestsion in the IA post but you may have other plans. In general we should be moving and upgrading forces that are in the south norhtward to assist in blocking any Drop attacks. Interceptors and Gass Copters remain a high priority as well. Are any Airoplex's desired in bases that may come under attack?
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old April 14, 2004, 06:21   #115
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Note: Hive is also producing probe cruiser
Old April 14, 2004, 13:50   #116
GeoModder
Deity

Hive? Probe cruiser? Haven't seen that one. What base?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 15, 2004, 03:48   #117
GeoModder
Deity

Found it: Dacopolis. A base north of New Moscow if I checked the visible tiles correctly with base info.

Obstructor: don't start moving around military units yet, for in case a majority wishes to assimilate PEACE this turn.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 15, 2004, 04:54   #118
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

Then ignore my post in IAF.
Old April 15, 2004, 13:14   #119
GeoModder
Deity

Ok, it is easily possible to destroy PEACE.

Simply move the Impaler Transport on 54.30 to Locutus of Chiron, unload the xmissile rover to 57.43 and attack Crossbone Way. 1 movement point left after succesfull attack. Only move the rover to 57.43, and prepare a message for Tass that we think we can take out PEACE with this action.

This is my official MAF recommendation.

When executing this order, Obstructor, also move the needlejet near And/Or Gate on it's scout run as previously posted (move to 80.65, then to 70.65, then lands in Pi Square) and let me know if any enemy planes or ground troops are spotted.
Then save and sent the turn to Tass with the question if this is sufficient prove that we're able to take out PEACE.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old April 15, 2004, 13:17   #120
Illuminatus
staff
Provost

I will do it in exactly forty minutes ( I am writing now sth for Gaians and I have string of inspiration). I guess nothing shall be moved more from military units then, except that Ogre mocing to AP, or?