View Poll Results: Should we send the message below?
Don't send it. 6 66.67%
Send it but doublecross them if we have the opportunity. 0 0%
Send it and unite behind them, aiming to end the game without the Hive winning. 3 33.33%
Write-in 0 0%
CPUbanana 0 0%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 2, 2004, 20:41   #1
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 20:40
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Support a solo victory of the Drones?
Copied from here:

How about sending something like this to buster? IMO we have nothing to lose anymore, so it's worth the try.

Hello buster,

It is becoming more and more obvious that the CPU has no chance at all anymore to win this game. Therefore I recently started a thread in the CyCon private forum to ask what should be our goals for the remainder of this ACDG. This came out of it:

1> Survive as long as possible.
Just for the heck of it.
2> Focus more on roleplay.
That way the game could at least remain somewhat fun for us - being slaughtered for the next few months won't be.
3> Hurt the Hive as much as we can.
We haven't been able to cooperate with you as much as we would have liked to, but at least you haven't been lying to us from the moment we met. The Hive has. And as you may have noticed in the ACDG general forum, they're now busy inventing fictitious reasons to attack us in the near future. Therefore, though we realize we ourselves can't win anymore, we'd still like to try and deny the Hive victory in this game. As a consequence I was wondering if you wouldn't be interested in a solo victory? Surely that must be more appealing than a two-way-draw with the Hive? It could be done by us uniting behind you as Supreme Leader, or some other way - I'm certain something can be found if you're interested. We'd both gain by this. You win the game with a solo victory, and we still get satisfaction from repaying the Hive for the crimes they did to us.

I hope to hear from you soon about this,

Someone (perhaps better not me - who knows he's pissed off at me because he gave me some info while he thought I was a pirate)

We could also perhaps offer a submissive pact or something? Lots of options I'd say.
I've put the time limit on four days. That way we'll hopefully know whether we should send it around the time the turn arrives at busters.
Old March 3, 2004, 05:51   #2
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

I dont think sending this is a good idea right now. I know I didnt join this game to loose or surrender. What we need to do is go on an emergency status.

What I would do next, is build PB ASAP and start to question Hives credibility publicly by stating that it in fact was them that got us to attack PEACE in the first place. We wouldnt be lying because maybe we wouldnt have attacked if Hive would simply said no, we disagree, we will assist PEACE. In fact Hive has been helping us very much in our offensive by providing intel etc. Now we can question if this was just a part of a larger plot to make us look like vandals giving Hive the noble task of bringing peace and stability to the planet by turning against us.

Lets hint Drones that they might be the next target. Lets try to convince them that its better with us. We should bring the heat on the Hive. Obviously Voltaire has already made his mind about attacking us. Now we need credible defence and weakened enemy. Divide et impera.

- Paul Valery

Last edited by laurentius; March 3, 2004 at 06:01.
Old March 3, 2004, 05:53   #3
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 05:40
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Not a bad plan... do any of the other three factions have infiltration on us? It might make a difference whether or not they know we're stocking up on PBs.
Old March 3, 2004, 05:57   #4
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Furthermore we might wanna pact with Drones promising 70 % of Hiverian bases to them if we succeed jointly to eradicate that bunch of elitist nazicommies.

- Paul Valery
Old March 3, 2004, 07:40   #5
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 06:40
This could certainly be a good way of ending the game quickly so we could carry on with the ACPSG, but I don't think that should be our purpose. We aren't at war with everyone yet. I think we should keep doing what we're doing, and build up military and PBs anyway, in case this is just Hive idiocy. We have a lot of latitude here, I think. We can try to come to an agreement with the Drones, for example - they have only recently piped up with a rather lacklustre post in favour of the Hive's suggestion. I think we should work on the Drones privately first and actually be in a war that looks like trouble before we even THINK of voting for such an idea.

I would prefer the Drones win to the ever-changing opinion of the Hive, but I am voting no - it has not come to this yet. So far all we have seen are words, and rather weak ones too, that keep repeating themselves. No-one has done anything.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old March 3, 2004, 09:44   #6
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
Not a bad plan... do any of the other three factions have infiltration on us? It might make a difference whether or not they know we're stocking up on PBs.
The Drone faction has the Planetary Governor seat, so they see al we do. No doubt they are transmitting all the info to the Hive (and surely at PEACE, since Buster mistakenly sended info about CyCon to Maniac in the presumption he is a pirate).

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 3, 2004, 14:39   #7
Mart
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansACDG3 CMNsC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

WE can win
WE CAN WIN THIS GAME !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old March 4, 2004, 20:10   #8
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

With Lauri's Pact talks with the Hive, this poll is getting obselete.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 4, 2004, 21:02   #9
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder
With Lauri's Pact talks with the Hive, this poll is getting obselete.
What talks?!?!

Old March 4, 2004, 22:41   #10
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
What talks?!?!
Yes, I understand your surprise. Yesterday afternoon my time Lauri started a thread on how he was in negotiations with a few Hive members. When I logged in again last evening, the thread was gone. I suggest you PM him about it, cause I don't know more too.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 5, 2004, 00:01   #11
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 18:40
The thread was removed at Lauri's request. He was taken in by something, IIRC. Either way, I've just been having talks with Voltaire, under the supervision of Tass. He was a lot more cordial and sensible than it seems on their motion thread, but both of us were civil, discussed options, and reached somewhat of an impass. More will be posted on the Hive Motion thread.

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old March 5, 2004, 11:19   #12
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

It's fifty-fifty on whether or not to send the message, so how about this shorter and weakened down message? We aren't making any fixed promises in this version, or making any promise of a submissive pact. So we can still change our minds later depending on circumstances But we're still giving a hint, and who knows it could affect their foreign affairs policy into not attacking us too when the Hive does.

Hi buster,

CPU wishes no war with the Hive or the Drones. However with their recent Council motion it seems the Hive intends to declare war on CPU soon. If that happens, any small chance that CPU could still win this game of course disappears. We have had some discussions within the CPU about what to do then. We have decided that under the circumstances described above we would support a Drone solo victory. We wouldn't win then, but the Hive who declared war on us wouldn't either. I thought you would be interested to know this. Would you be interested in a solo victory?

Greetings,

Mani Alpha-3,
Prime Function of the Cybernetic Consciousness,
Member of the Central Procesing Unit
Old March 5, 2004, 18:20   #13
GeoModder
Deity

Voting schedule isn't passed yet, Maniac.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 5, 2004, 20:35   #14
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

You should all read comments by Hive members (incl. frankychan) in the thread HongHu mistakenly started in the public forum - seems some Hive members don;t want war with us at all, and may be more than a little annoyed at their leaders' intransigence.

Old March 5, 2004, 21:01   #15
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
You should all read comments by Hive members (incl. frankychan) in the thread HongHu mistakenly started in the public forum - seems some Hive members don;t want war with us at all, and may be more than a little annoyed at their leaders' intransigence.
Remember, MWIA, it's a Police State. Voltaire simply needs to call the Crimson Guards to quell those pesky drones.

And about those comments, when I compare Jamski's and HongHu's comments it looks like a 180° reversal of their postings in the public forum before this thread. HongHu always seemed sympathetic towards CyCon, and Jamski always came over quite ambivalent.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 5, 2004, 22:05   #16
Maniac

Laurentius, who previously voted "Don't send it", agreed to send the message as long as we didn't mean it. However with the Hive showing a bit more sense, I guess we shouldn't send it yet, but wait how things evolve.
Old March 6, 2004, 07:10   #17
GeoModder
Deity

Voted, I prefer not to send it...

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 6, 2004, 09:26   #18
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder

Remember, MWIA, it's a Police State. Voltaire simply needs to call the Crimson Guards to quell those pesky drones.

And about those comments, when I compare Jamski's and HongHu's comments it looks like a 180° reversal of their postings in the public forum before this thread. HongHu always seemed sympathetic towards CyCon, and Jamski always came over quite ambivalent.
Well Jamski became a mass spammer of recent, and maybe that mellowed him (you have to be nice if you post that much - else someone will get you into trouble...). HongHu of course became turn player, so I know all about the stresses that she would have suddenly felt. At times you just feel like going with other's opinions in your own group/faction than in working things out. She will be OK again with a few kind words, trust me.

Old March 6, 2004, 10:16   #19
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

don`t send it the recent events give me the idea we can still win
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old March 6, 2004, 10:21   #20
Maniac

We can only win if the Drones don't attack us too.
Old March 6, 2004, 10:29   #21
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

well we are not sure if the hive wants to attack us...right now only honghu and voltaire seems to want to go to war with us...lets ride out this dimplomatic wave and look where it brings us meanwhile lets consolidate our territory
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old March 6, 2004, 14:01   #22
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
We can only win if the Drones don't attack us too.
Within 5 turns our defenses in PUT should be strong enough to quel a direct attack on PUT land (Maniac what was the name of that area again? Capitalize it on the map please). But an attack of both factions at once we cannot stop ATM, that is true. Give me more ships, planes, garrisons, AC's and CC's. ... Please...

Quote:
Originally posted by DeathByTheSword
well we are not sure if the hive wants to attack us...right now only honghu and voltaire seems to want to go to war with us...lets ride out this dimplomatic wave and look where it brings us meanwhile lets consolidate our territory
It can still be a big bluff so that they can keep their promises to PEACE, and they dare doing nothing even if we take PEACE out completely. In the 'PEACE message' thread most of the Hive members posting didn't seem to care whether PEACE was eliminated or not, as long as Hive interests were secure. Damn, I'm starting to think that I should have ordered our probe foil to mindcontrol that PEACE Laser Foil anyway, and attack the last schooner and transport.

Something else. Hive wants us to stop this war, but they will happily continue with theirs. If they have the right to demand us to stop, why can't we demand the same? If they take Angel land bases, they're automatically within our 'sphere of influence'. I therefore propose to disalllow them to take Angel landbases explitily

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 6, 2004, 14:34   #23
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

I vote do not send until it is needed - we are still not in danger - and there is still a slim chance of winning.
Old March 8, 2004, 05:36   #24
Archaic
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 MorganACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 04:40
Agreed. However, once it becomes advantageous to send it, do so. Our best shot at winning this game lies in something the logical CC should understand. Namely....lying to gain other peoples trust is an efficient use of resources, assuming they don't catch you out before your goal is achieved.