Old March 5, 2004, 13:52   #121
Spiffor
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG LegolandApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 20:40
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Monk
Mrs. Spiffor sounds like a mind-blowing person. Did you engage in any contracts with the Devil in order to meet this girl?
Not even that. I just decide to stop sticking my finger in the arse, and to start looking for girls. I actually had several opportunities by this time. I asked Mrs. Spiffor out (first time I actually asked out in my life) first, and I got very lucky

Actually, it was difficult at first week, because she fairst said "no", out of respect for her ex (it was an excuse for her to hesitate). After one week of non-harassing but clear insistance, she finally said yes as her heart told her for some time now

We were complete strangers in September, we were acquaintances in November - December, and we made out in January. Not too quick, n ot too slow. Just that we were attracted to each other, and still are
Old March 5, 2004, 14:30   #122
Barinthus
Alpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 10:40
Quote:
Originally posted by rev
Savor the feeling, skywalker. You'll miss it, maybe even regret it, when the two of you part ways, but in the end it's all worth it, I think.

Then again, I'm on the same drug you are. It doesn't end when you graduate high school, thank God, and it never loses its potency.
Actually after getting your heart broken one time too often and leaving in your dust couple of shattered hearts, you'll become a bitter cynic who's more realistic about love

Just kidding. Oh yeah it's a headly feeling. However the problem I tend to make stupid decisions and sometimes get myself into a situation I don't want. And after that feeling wear off, you start to notice how annoying the other person is so you're like uh oh what did I get myself into?

So I've learned to tell myself whoa wait, you pup. Take time to know her as a person before making a move that I could regret later on.
Old March 5, 2004, 14:33   #123
Barinthus
Alpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 10:40
Quote:
Originally posted by skywalker
I'm asking her to go ice skating with me and a friend of mine and his gf. Wish me luck.

ray:

Whee! You actually asked her! I'm proud of you dude. Now I get to relive my 10th grade through you

Hope you will get yourself a
Old March 5, 2004, 15:25   #124
Kuciwalker
Deity

Local Time: 14:40
Quote:
Originally posted by Spiffor

I expect a or a at best
It was both. She said yes, but then (paraphrased) "You've been really sweet to me lately (I've been walking with her through the hall for the past two weeks), but I don't really want to get into a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship with anyone right now." I had the previously mentioned 12th-grader translate, and she said it means "she likes me, just doesn't want to be "going out" right now. That clarifies it, slightly

I still happy though
Old March 5, 2004, 15:35   #125
Spiffor

Does this just mean she's open for a wild sexual relationship without even commitment?
Old March 5, 2004, 16:57   #126
Bereta_Eder
Settler

and your reply young kenobi should be: hey who's saying anything about a relationship? just come with me ice skating and have a fun time!

of course you should say it in better english than mine but the idea is keep going young grasshoper, don't take no for an answer. persuade her to come with you and your friends icesakting by lightening up the mood. the more time you are together and do things together the more she'll be getting used to you and the more closer you will become.

so get to it young man! maneuvre!
Old March 5, 2004, 17:01   #127
Oncle Boris
Mac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by paiktis22
of course you should say it in better english than mine but the idea is keep going young grasshoper, don't take no for an answer. persuade her to come with you and your friends icesakting by lightening up the mood. the more time you are together and do things together the more she'll be getting used to you and the more closer you will become.
It all depends on how large your ego is. Personally, I can't stand hanging with a girl who probably knows of my intentions, but will let me wait for the sake of her proudness.
"Now you're gonna ask me, is it an enforcer's job to drop the gloves against the other team's best player? Well sure no, but you've gotta know, these guys, they don't think like you and me." (Joël Bouchard, commenting on the Gaborik-Carcillo incident).
Old March 5, 2004, 17:03   #128
Bereta_Eder
Settler

let's you wait is what you may think. maybe she waits for you to actually charm her and not just say hey little girlie i'm interested in you please?
Old March 5, 2004, 17:06   #129
Spiffor

Paiktis

If I was like Boris, I would still be a losser by now
Old March 5, 2004, 17:21   #130
Bereta_Eder
Settler

yeah well there's the fine balance of not actually pushing it too far lest the little bird flies away. but it's always trial and errour and not two birds are the same.

so if even after you lighten up the mood skywalker she still won't go out with you, back away and live to fight another day

edit: and as other said you kicked ass just for asking her out btw you're on the right track kid!

Last edited by Bereta_Eder; March 5, 2004 at 17:33.
Old March 5, 2004, 17:38   #131
Monk
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by paiktis22
and your reply young kenobi should be: hey who's saying anything about a relationship? just come with me ice skating and have a fun time!
Exactly, paiktis! Hey skywalker, if you don't listen to this man, there's a one-room apartment in horrific western Copenhagen right here waiting for you.
Old March 5, 2004, 21:56   #132
Kuciwalker
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Oncle Boris

It all depends on how large your ego is. Personally, I can't stand hanging with a girl who probably knows of my intentions, but will let me wait for the sake of her proudness.
What does pride have to do with it? We're sophomores - most people don't hook up until junior or senior year. If she doesn't feel ready to go beyond "a bit more than friends" then I'm not going to try and pressure her.

That's not to say I'm not going to keep doing what I've been doing. We just aren't going to dive headfirst into a strong relationship.
Old March 5, 2004, 21:57   #133
Mr. Harley
Prince

Skywalker, you're doing better than I did in 10th grade . Keeping it light and with two couples is a great plan. Try to keep the non-dates that way for a start, until you find out whether the "relationship" bit is her being tentative, or her definitely not wanting any relationships right now.

Don't feel hurt if it's the latter, consider it experience. And if it's the former, well, then, go for it. Congrats, and good luck.
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Old March 6, 2004, 06:13   #134
Monk
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:

What does pride have to do with it? We're sophomores - most people don't hook up until junior or senior year. If she doesn't feel ready to go beyond "a bit more than friends" then I'm not going to try and pressure her.

That's not to say I'm not going to keep doing what I've been doing. We just aren't going to dive headfirst into a strong relationship.
AAAAAAAH!
Old March 6, 2004, 07:34   #135
Bosh
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 03:40
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
"You've been really sweet to me lately (I've been walking with her through the hall for the past two weeks), but I don't really want to get into a boyfriend-girlfriend relationship with anyone right now." I had the previously mentioned 12th-grader translate, and she said it means "she likes me, just doesn't want to be "going out" right now. That clarifies it, slightly
That sounds like nothing but a Kiss of Death to me, but of course the age of the people we're talking about throws things out of wack...
Old March 6, 2004, 08:20   #136
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 02:40
I always take "no" for a "no."

I figured, if a woman like you enough, she would not play hard to get. If she does, she's not the sort of women I want to have a long term relation with, anyway.
Old March 6, 2004, 08:32   #137
Spiffor

Quote:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
Old March 6, 2004, 09:21   #138
Az
Emperor

Local Time: 21:40
UR is completely right.
Old March 6, 2004, 10:50   #139
Monk
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Urban Ranger
I always take "no" for a "no."

I figured, if a woman like you enough, she would not play hard to get. If she does, she's not the sort of women I want to have a long term relation with, anyway.
Wishy-washy PC stuff! Skywalker, I'm not going to advise anybody to stop being nice and caring, but you've got to remember that our physical attraction is based on a lot more than who is being nice to us. We're talking different scales here, and personally, I've always found my female friends relatively un-attractive despite them being fine companions (a great advantage, by the way).

If you guys have to continue having unsexy relations to each other for now, I guess that's the way it's got to be, but at the very least you should do some flirting or some other measures to excite her and maintain some kind of pseudo-romantic relationship. In romantic affairs, there's nothing wrong with the old saying that you should just be yourself, but remember that being yourself doesn't exclude the possibility of a highly strategic battle plan to accomplish the task.
Old March 6, 2004, 11:18   #140
Dr Strangelove
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Don't listen to these guys! Just go out and have a good time. You will do better for yourself if you cement the personal bond between the two of you rather than pushing things.
Old March 6, 2004, 11:18   #141
Theben
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Boshko

That sounds like nothing but a Kiss of Death to me, but of course the age of the people we're talking about throws things out of wack...
I think she's a little young to be wanting an intellectual whore.
I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned
Old March 6, 2004, 11:39   #142
Spiffor

UR is exaclty wrong

Had I followed his advice, I would still be alone
Old March 6, 2004, 21:14   #143
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 18:40
Quote:
We were complete strangers in September, we were acquaintances in November - December, and we made out in January. Not too quick, n ot too slow. Just that we were attracted to each other, and still are
That does seem quite slow. Verres and I was the other way. It didn't feel quick at all, but she told me she liked me the first night we met. By the end of the week we were going out on dates. 3 weeks after we'd met she went on holiday for 2 weeks, and I've never felt so lonely By that time I already felt so 'into' the relationship that it was a huge part of my life. By the time she got back I'd booked tickets for us to go away to a music festival together for the weekend. It didn't feel weird at all going away together after knowing each other just over a month, it already felt serious and comitted. Even now, each day seems like such a long time, that having a day without seeing her makes me miss her At the time I remember thinking "doesn't this seem a little fast to feel like this" which was quickly answered with a "no" We spent a lot of time together, and it didn't feel that quick. I remember after about 2 weeks of going out we went to Oxford for the day, since I was expecting to go there for Uni, and she was looking at applying, and when we walked into one college I talked my way in, and when asked, she said she was "his girlfriend", and it just made me smile so much. I knew we were together by then, but it didn't really sink in until she said that

Anyways, the point I was trying to make ( ) was that however fast or slow things go, when it's right it doesn't seem fast or slow. For a usual relationship, what happened with Verres and I would seem fast, and Spiffor and Mrs. Spiffor would seem slow, but neither felt it too fast or slow, because they were 'right'

We really are lucky

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old March 6, 2004, 21:15   #144
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

Quote:
Does this just mean she's open for a wild sexual relationship without even commitment?
Go Sky

Seriously though, I think it sounds pretty healthy. She seems to like you, which if you're anything like me, will make you feel happy, even if she doesn't want a relationship.

Here's to being lucky in love

Old March 6, 2004, 21:21   #145
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Oncle Boris
I know what you mean. I kinda agree. I would feel some sort of resentment for a girl who left me hanging just because she felt like it, but it depends on the reason. If she wasn't sure she wanted to start a relationship, or any reason really, I'd be happy to wait. But if it's just because she wants to keep me hanging when she knows what she's going to say, then the only reason seems to be at my expense, which isn't a good way to start a relationship, IMHO. If someone is doing something that they know adversely affects me, when they don't have a reason to, then that isn't the best way to start a relationship.

I also half agree with UR. It depends on why she's playing hard to get. Many people I've seen are 'told' that it's the best way to get someone interested, or that it's the 'done thing', or put pressure on to. Some may feel not ready for a relationship. Some may just be scared of getting hurt, and so not wanting to jump in. There are many reasons where playing hard to get isn't just playing hard to get, it has a reason behind it. However when it is just that, playing with someones feelings, then I agree it isn't a good way to start a relationship. I know many girls do it, just for kicks, I'm just very lucky that my wonderful Louisey (I will get killed for 'cutening' her name ) was honest with me about her feelings It's not like I would have got the hints anytime soon anyway...

Old March 7, 2004, 04:00   #146
Urban Ranger
Deity

Quote:
UR is exaclty wrong

Had I followed his advice, I would still be alone
Nothing wrong with being alone. Love is nice, even great. I don't see why people who don't have a SO are referred to as "losers." That just does not make sense to me.
Old March 7, 2004, 04:06   #147
Urban Ranger
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
Some may feel not ready for a relationship. Some may just be scared of getting hurt, and so not wanting to jump in. There are many reasons where playing hard to get isn't just playing hard to get, it has a reason behind it.
Yes, you are right. If a woman has a good reason of not being in a relationship for now instead of just playing hard to get, that's great. I will give her as much time as she needs to get ready.

Okay, a reasonable period of time.
Old March 7, 2004, 04:37   #148
Oncle Boris
Mac
Emperor

Quote:
Paiktis

If I was like Boris, I would still be a losser by now
There is also a cultural thing. What would be merely 'galanterie' in France is considered 'harassment' by the feminazis in Quebec.
"Now you're gonna ask me, is it an enforcer's job to drop the gloves against the other team's best player? Well sure no, but you've gotta know, these guys, they don't think like you and me." (Joël Bouchard, commenting on the Gaborik-Carcillo incident).
Old March 7, 2004, 06:46   #149
Verres
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue

I know many girls do it, just for kicks, I'm just very lucky that my wonderful Louisey (I will get killed for 'cutening' her name )
You really do have no regard for your personal safety, do you?

Old March 7, 2004, 09:22   #150
Kuciwalker
Deity

I guess that's what I have to look forward to