Old March 5, 2004, 12:33   #91
Jac de Molay
Prince

Local Time: 18:42
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by -Jrabbit

BTW, the Lions have signed Center Damien Woody.
That is such BS. Millen is running the team into the ground. Sign a running back, dammit You had the worst rushing game in the league last year!!

Owens to the Ravens And I'm sure that was his favorite place. There's nothing I like better than watching a bloated ego get his just desserts.
"Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.
Old March 5, 2004, 12:37   #92
Tuberski

Local Time: 13:42
Quote:
Originally posted by Sloth
T.O to the Ravens!!!
At this point the Ravens become scaaary
Not really, before the end of week 3, I predict that Owens complains that he doesn't get the ball enough.

Why would he with Jamal Lewis in the backfield?

ACK!
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old March 5, 2004, 13:46   #93
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Local Time: 14:42
Quote:
T.O to the Ravens!!!
If he can get someone to through to him .

Quote:
I never heard of Tomlinson.
*jaw drops* Tomlinson was a top 5 pick a few years back.

www.nfl.com

Start reading!

Quote:
Sign a running back, dammit You had the worst rushing game in the league last year!!
If they can get Steven Jackson (Oregon) in the draft, they won't need a FA RB.
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old March 5, 2004, 14:05   #94
Kidicious
Deity

Local Time: 10:42
Quote:

Oh, and the Rams lost Grant Wistrum -- signed with Seattle.
It's not that big of a deal. He's average.
Old March 5, 2004, 14:15   #95
yavoon
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Kidicious

It's not that big of a deal. He's average.
definitely above avg.

I'd put him at solid.

SOLID MY BROTHER!
Old March 10, 2004, 00:26   #96
reismark
NationStatesApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

I knew it!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1754974

Quote:
Garner, Bucs agree to six-year deal

The Bucs have reached an agreement in principle with former Raiders running back Charlie Garner, opting to sign Garner over the Eagles' Duce Staley.

Garner is expected to sign a six-year, $20 million contract with the Bucs that includes $4 million in up-front money. Garner was also high on the list of the Broncos, who recently traded Clinton Portis to the Redskins.

The Bucs moved quickly to reunite Garner with his former Raiders coach, Jon Gruden. They had been negotiating with Staley, who visited last week. Staley spent Monday in Pittsburgh and was in serious negotiations with the Steelers.

This will be the third team in which Garner and Gruden have worked together. Garner, 32, was considered instant offense for Gruden in Philadelphia when Gruden was offensive coordinator there. He signed with the Raiders in 2001 and spent three seasons in Oakland as a starter.
Finally, finally, we've got a playmaking running back. I'd love for Chucky to shove down Al's throat just how terribly misused Garner was the past two seasons.

Time for Sapp to make good on his mouth and re-sign.
Head Coach/General Manager, Kyrandia Dragonhawks (2004 Apolyton Fantasy Football League Champions)

Last edited by reismark; March 10, 2004 at 10:38.
Old March 10, 2004, 10:04   #97
Brundlefly
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by reismark

Finally, finally, we've got a playmaking running back. I'd love for Chucky to shove down Al's throat just how terribly misused Garner was the past two seasons.
You would have been better off with Staley. Staley can do it all: run, block, and receive. Staley signed with Pittsburgh yesterday.
Old March 10, 2004, 10:25   #98
-Jrabbit
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerMacCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Succession Games
Deity

Quote:
Time for Sapp to make good on his mouth and resign.
Is that "resign" or "re-sign" reismark?

"The Borg are gay." -Drake Tungsten
Old March 10, 2004, 11:31   #99
yavoon
Warlord

Quote:
I knew it!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1754974

Time for Sapp to make good on his mouth and re-sign.
I dont see how garner at 32-33 is better than pittman. but have fun! gruden is definitely a coach that should have no GM control
Old March 10, 2004, 11:52   #100
pchang
King

Garner is a much better pass catcher/route runner than Pittman. This fits well into Gruden's short pass offense schemes, especially on 3rd downs.

If social security were private, it would be prosecuted as a Ponzi scheme.
Old March 10, 2004, 11:55   #101
yavoon
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by pchang
Garner is a much better pass catcher/route runner than Pittman. This fits well into Gruden's short pass offense schemes, especially on 3rd downs.
pittman can catch just fine. garner's contract is rather large. not sure if its got monopoly money in it or not, but they appear to be paying garner like he's a huge step up.

and he's just not. he's 32 and a part time back that can catch well. but its not like pittman had stone hands.
Old March 10, 2004, 11:57   #102
pchang
King

You can't judge by the hands alone. How often was he open? Did he run where he was supposed to when he was supposed to, or was he a little off or a little late?

If social security were private, it would be prosecuted as a Ponzi scheme.
Old March 10, 2004, 13:48   #103
Imran Siddiqui
staff

I agree with yavoon. Garner isn't much of an upgrade over Pittman really. The Bucs needed someone who could run (on the ground) better. Like Staley, as bfg said.
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
Old March 16, 2004, 11:25   #104
Stuie
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sloth
T.O to the Ravens!!!
...or maybe not.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=1760284
Old March 16, 2004, 14:14   #105
Brundlefly
Prince

TO is an Eagle!
It's official.

http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/7180353

Eagles are lauded as great salary cap managers and risk-takers because they cut loose players no matter how good they are once they turn 30. So I'm a bit surprised that they went after TO, who is 30. They are giving him $10 mill signing bonus and 3-year deal. Donovan better improve his accuracy because he has no excuses now.... Now, if we can just get Galloway from Dallas...
Old March 16, 2004, 14:19   #106
Stuie
King

Old March 16, 2004, 15:22   #107
-Jrabbit
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerMacCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Succession Games
Deity

Terrell Owens is arguably the biggest pud in sports (OK, so Iverson is competitive...).

I am disgusted that this crybaby got his way, and now declare myself a fan of Whoever Is Playing The Eagles.

"The Borg are gay." -Drake Tungsten
Old March 16, 2004, 15:28   #108
Jac de Molay
Prince

I think TY "we all gotta eat" Law woud be a close second in that regard.

There should a reward for that distinction, BTW. A Sports "Raspberry" of sorts.
"Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.
Old March 16, 2004, 15:29   #109
Brundlefly
Prince

Quote:
Terrell Owens is arguably the biggest pud in sports (OK, so Iverson is competitive...).

I am disgusted that this crybaby got his way, and now declare myself a fan of Whoever Is Playing The Eagles.
One of the biggest, but not THE biggest. In the NFL alone, there are a couple who are worse - David Boston and Keyshawn Johnson.
Old March 16, 2004, 16:20   #110
Stuie
King

Quote:
Iverson wins hands down. What a loser - no concept of the word "TEAM". So I just mute the local sports until I see a Phillies' logo.
Old March 16, 2004, 16:44   #111
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:

I'll take Boston and Keyshawn (especially Keyshawn who was made a scapegoat because Gruden realized the Bucs were going to suck) over T.O. at this point.

I used to root for the Eagles.. no more.
Old March 16, 2004, 16:47   #112
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 12:42
http://www.enterthek.com/eaglesmacro.jpg

Old March 16, 2004, 17:03   #113
Potassium
Chieftain

Local Time: 11:42
With these recent developments in the land of the Eagles, I am very glad I made that macro
Old March 16, 2004, 17:11   #114
yavoon
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
Quote:

I'll take Boston and Keyshawn (especially Keyshawn who was made a scapegoat because Gruden realized the Bucs were going to suck) over T.O. at this point.

I used to root for the Eagles.. no more.
u must be on crack to take boston over TO. to is bad. but boston was so bad that the team that just signed him to a big fat franchise receiver contract w/ big fat bonus. traded him for a 6th round pick...in 2005.
Old March 16, 2004, 17:14   #115
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
u must be on crack to take boston over TO. to is bad. but boston was so bad that the team that just signed him to a big fat franchise receiver contract w/ big fat bonus. traded him for a 6th round pick...in 2005.
Boston just needs the right coach and situation. Boston showed he can shine in a few games last year. I think most of the problem was with Drew Brees... who was horrid last year.
Old March 16, 2004, 17:18   #116
yavoon
Warlord

Quote:
Quote:
Boston just needs the right coach and situation. Boston showed he can shine in a few games last year. I think most of the problem was with Drew Brees... who was horrid last year.
miami is demanding boston be 15 lbs lighter than his current weight.

if boston did have someone who could handle him he's obviously an amazing receiver w/ size and speed. that being sed. TO is an amazing receiver w/ a great work ethic and a highly competitive attitude RIGHT NOW. and doesn't need near as much "handling."
Old March 16, 2004, 17:19   #117
Brundlefly
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Potassium
With these recent developments in the land of the Eagles, I am very glad I made that macro
Jealousy is not very attractive.
Old March 16, 2004, 17:28   #118
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
Good thing. He still caught 70 balls and had 7 TD with his great bulk.

Quote:
if boston did have someone who could handle him he's obviously an amazing receiver w/ size and speed.
He's in luck. The WR coach in Miami is the same one in Arizona in 2001. You know when he caught 98 balls?

Quote:
TO is an amazing receiver w/ a great work ethic and a highly competitive attitude RIGHT NOW. and doesn't need near as much "handling."
I wouldn't say that. This is a guy who yelled at his coach on the sideline. Didn't get along at all with his QB. And just threw this temper tantrum because he didn't get what he wanted. I think he requires just as much 'handling'. He's a timebomb ready to go off.
Old March 16, 2004, 17:35   #119
yavoon
Warlord

Quote:
Quote:
Good thing. He still caught 70 balls and had 7 TD with his great bulk.

Quote:
if boston did have someone who could handle him he's obviously an amazing receiver w/ size and speed.
He's in luck. The WR coach in Miami is the same one in Arizona in 2001. You know when he caught 98 balls?

Quote:
TO is an amazing receiver w/ a great work ethic and a highly competitive attitude RIGHT NOW. and doesn't need near as much "handling."
I wouldn't say that. This is a guy who yelled at his coach on the sideline. Didn't get along at all with his QB. And just threw this temper tantrum because he didn't get what he wanted. I think he requires just as much 'handling'. He's a timebomb ready to go off.
god damn shotgun. ok TO did all these things and still had good years. Boston needed handling, got benched, fined, and tried to have his contract bonuses removed. which btw the trade also removes like 5 millino of guarenteed money from the SD contract.

its not that TO doesn't whine. its that he plays anyway. more akin to keyshawn. it appears boston whines and breaks down soto speak. when u go from leading the league in receiving yards to not even cracking 1000.
Old March 16, 2004, 17:43   #120
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
when u go from leading the league in receiving yards to not even cracking 1000.
To be fair, look at Jake Plummer in Arizona and in Denver. That O-Line was soooo horrid that year that Joe Montana couldn't have done anything with it.

Boston had a decent year last year. But once again, SD is a running team which has a below average QB, who just can't get it deep.

Here is a good article about T.O. and Philly and how will he deal with Andy Reid not putting up with that pom-pom waiving, sharpie signing BS.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ray&id=1761067