Old March 4, 2004, 15:14   #1
almostz
Warlord

Local Time: 12:44
Local Date: November 2, 2010
CMN needed for somewhat new multiplayer wants to start small smax game
I'm still new to multiplayer smax/smac and I'd like to be in a multiplayer game with 2 other human players and 4 computer players. I'm in a multiplayer that is all human and I'd like to do one that goes faster than that.
What I need is 2 interested people who could post turns on a daily or near daily basis and a moderator/ cmn person. any interested parties please respond, first come first serve.
To be simple as possable, I'd like to use the basic factions, either ac or ax, no custom factions. Difficulty should be somewhere in ther middle range, and I'd like to play with spoils of war on. I'm open to other rule options and planet size, erosion, etc.
2 human players and 1 cmn only, please.

Last edited by almostz; March 6, 2004 at 01:09.
Old March 5, 2004, 02:18   #2
H0bbes
Emperor

Local Time: 20:44
I'll play if it's SMAX & on transcend.

Hobbes

http://zanature.wordpress.com
Old March 5, 2004, 23:53   #3
Irgy
Warlord

Local Time: 04:44
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Same here, willing to play, greatly prefer transcend, prefer smax also though it's not really a huge difference.

Irgy
Old March 6, 2004, 01:08   #4
almostz
Warlord

great, players done. now we need a cmn to help set up this game.
Old March 7, 2004, 05:04   #5
H0bbes
Emperor

I'd like the Consciousness- though not with spoils of war on. I'll take Cha Dawn in that case.

Hobbes

Old March 7, 2004, 07:35   #6
Irgy
Warlord

I'm about the same; I'd normally prefer the Uni, but with spoils of war on I'd probably do better with the Hive

Irgy
Old March 7, 2004, 15:05   #7
Mr. Harley
Prince

Local Time: 14:44
I'll CMN a large map that is 30-50% land (easier player placement). I'm good at making huge maps, and terrible at anything smaller than large. How tough do you want the AI? Almostz, to get a feel for regular PBEM, you probably want spoils of war off. It makes the probe team game an entirely new dimension, and makes it fairer to certain factions. But as CMN I can design it either way, that's easy.
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Old March 8, 2004, 02:22   #8
almostz
Warlord

ok, spoils of war off is fine. Huge map is great. Trancend level seems to be the popular pick. I'll try my hand at the data angels, why not? Gotta try them eventually.
anyone else have any requests? I'm easy going.
Old March 8, 2004, 05:34   #9
Irgy
Warlord

Yay a CMN : ) thanks shawnmmcc

Huge map is going to take a while, but then with just three players it'll move fast anyway, so I'm keen.

If spoils of war is going to be off, then I guess I'll be the Uni. Mind you I've probably forgotten how to use them now because someone else always takes them first : )

Sounds like we'll have two research factions and the freedom of information faction, I like the symmetry of that.

shawnmmcc: I might as well use the same password I'm using in Building Bridges, saves me remembering two : ) Same email adress too, irgy_@hotmail.com.

Irgy
Old March 8, 2004, 11:47   #10
Mr. Harley
Prince

I don't mind Large maps, they aren't too hard. It's just anything smaller I have trouble with fair and equitable faction placement, somebody always gets nailed. I enjoy Huge maps because they are EASY. I can place everybody far apart. Note the builder/hybrid bias here

What kind of AI do you folks want? Straight, straight with extra local terraforming and some free terraformers (my recommendation), or enhanced with extra bases/units/techs (tough).

Third choice is simply trust me. I'll try to make AI's that fit the flavor of what I see so far (i.e. you won't get Aliens/Believers/Hive). If you go with a huge map, since there are only five mostly peaceful builder factions, I can set the more agressive faction(s) a little farther away from you folks (in my experience Lal does not qualify as peaceful ).
Mr. Harley: I'm afraid my people haven't. I'm very sorry… I wish it were otherwise.
Old March 8, 2004, 17:07   #11
H0bbes
Emperor

Beef up the AI's a bit- use your discretion. A bit of terraforming, an extra base etc......

My email is jcrocombe at aardvark.net.au Email me Shawn & I'll give you my password. Thanks.

Hobbes

Old March 9, 2004, 01:56   #12
almostz
Warlord

Shawnmmcc, AIs straight w/some extras would be great on a huge map. I'll let you use your judgement, because that seems the fastest way to go and I'm not to picky. my email is
Almostz@ureach.com
as far as password, you can either email me for one or just give me one.
Thanks alot,
Almostz
Old March 9, 2004, 04:08   #13
Mr. Harley
Prince

Huge map then? If I don't hear anything, I'll get on it tomorrow. Here's my tentatvie start - Dense Cloud Cover, Average Erosive Forces, and Abundant Native Life Forms. Cloud Cover dense will make the terraforming easier, I generally set Erosive Forces as Average, and for this game abundant Native Life Forms will discourage long distance expeditions, at least at the start. Plus it will put a little bit of caution on the FM types, though later in the game it will be a cash cow for them I'll set at Transcend, no Random Events, choose landing site. I'll make it no Unity Survey, make the map a surprise. Again, if any two of you post differently, I'll change it, this is just what I plan to start with.
Old March 9, 2004, 07:21   #14
Irgy
Warlord

Sounds good

Irgy
Old March 9, 2004, 11:01   #15
Mr. Harley
Prince

Scenario begun! Hobbes, how good are you at builder scenarios? Peace in Our Time, a three team game just going, will need a CMN. Might you be able to do it.

http://apolyton.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110104
Old March 10, 2004, 15:39   #16
H0bbes
Emperor

Sorry, I don't have the time right now for such a complex game. Good luck though. You could try Darsnan or Googlie.

Old March 11, 2004, 12:14   #17
Mr. Harley
Prince

Game ready, I just have to playtest a few turns and do my usual introduction. The thread will be "No good deed..." and should be posted tomorrow morning, my stomach permitting (mild stomach virus, the wonders of having a toddler, she's fine, I'm blech). I think you guys will enjoy.