Old March 17, 2004, 19:00   #271
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 18:44
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Ok, it was a crap idea, ditch it already *shrugs*

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 17, 2004, 19:10   #272
Theben
Deity

Local Time: 14:44
It's not a bad idea, just need more players at start, 12-16.
I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned
Old March 17, 2004, 20:08   #273
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 19:44
Sent.
Old March 17, 2004, 21:10   #274
Rasputin
lifer
DiploGamesThe Courts of Candle'Bre
Deity

Local Time: 04:44
Local Date: November 3, 2010
ordrs sent , awaiting my losses ...
GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71
Old March 18, 2004, 09:26   #275
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Who are we still waiting for? The tension is driving me MAD

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 09:31   #276
Theben
Deity

Have orders from:
Jamski
Theben
Spaced
Rasputin
Doc

Awaiting orders from:
Skanky
Mad Captain
Frozzy
Mart
I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned
Old March 18, 2004, 09:59   #277
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Actually, have orders from:
Jamski
Theben
Spaced
Rasputin
Doc
Mad Captain
Mart
Skanky

Awaiting orders from
Frozzy

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker

Last edited by Drogue; March 18, 2004 at 10:49.
Old March 18, 2004, 10:13   #278
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 05:44
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Ok, you have mine too now.
Old March 18, 2004, 10:36   #279
Theben
Deity

Frozzy again? An undisciplined warrior, he is.
Old March 18, 2004, 10:51   #280
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

I can no say that I know who the top 4 are. However I'm not going to release that until I get Frozzy's orders.

I can also say that the Doc has won by an unprecidented margin. Whether or not that involves him KOing anyone, or beating everyone, will remain to be seen... 'Tis a very exciting finish... closer than I expected at the begining!

Old March 18, 2004, 10:54   #281
Theben
Deity

Arrgh!! Hurry up Frozzy!
Old March 18, 2004, 11:03   #282
Jamski
Deity

Oh PLEASE Drogue!!! If you know the top 4, and Frozzy's results are not needed to work this out...

Then we can work out who's through as well

I'd rather hear it from you though.

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 11:09   #283
Theben
Deity

No, I want to learn from the posting of the matches!
Old March 18, 2004, 11:23   #284
Drogue
staff

Well, yes, if Frozzy's results aren't needed, it means that one or more of these didn't happen:
Ras scored 5 points more than Jamski
Ras scored 3 points more than Theben

Therefore, to stand a chance, Jamski would have to lose both his matches, and Theben have to lose one, while Ras wins both. That's a pretty long shot, and hasn't happened.

Old March 18, 2004, 11:26   #285
Drogue
staff

Actually, I could post matches 1-6 if you wish. None of those involve Frozzy or any of his opponents. If I stick to the 48 hour rule, Frozzy has another 5 hours. I'd like to give him time if possible though.

Old March 18, 2004, 11:30   #286
Theben
Deity

The one possibility you left out is that if (somehow) CaptainGarlic turns around against both me and Spaced and Jamski loses both matches the Captain could go through, or theoretically could tie Raz for 4th place. Even more of a long shot, I know, but just more of an indication how close this one is.
Old March 18, 2004, 11:32   #287
Theben
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
Actually, I could post matches 1-6 if you wish. None of those involve Frozzy or any of his opponents. If I stick to the 48 hour rule, Frozzy has another 5 hours. I'd like to give him time if possible though.
What I posted means that Frozzy's matches COULD matter, however unlikely, so you should wait.
Old March 18, 2004, 11:34   #288
Drogue
staff

If you knew what has decided this, you'd see how amazingly close it is. As in were talking pretty much single points, both in the standings and in the bouts, deciding who goes through.

Old March 18, 2004, 11:36   #289
Drogue
staff

Theben: I have the results. Frozzy's matches can't matter for 4th place, since as I said, Ras didn't manage that long shot. Whether or not Mad Captain does that doesn't matter, since Mad Captain is not fighting Frozzy.

Old March 18, 2004, 11:42   #290
DrSpike
Deity

Regarding the latter stages, I have a balance suggestion.

I think, if the GM and both players agree, that the initial hitpoints could be altered for each matchup. My reasoning is that 2 defensive players can play for a long time and only knock 50 points off each say, whereas 2 attacking players can easily do that in one round.
Old March 18, 2004, 11:44   #291
Jamski
Deity

Arrrrrrrrgh! Me brain!

So, the top 4 is decided for sure, is that what you're saying? And we have to wait on Frozzy to see the full results?

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 11:46   #292
Drogue
staff

If both players wish to, I don't have a problem with it. Or we could use the old you have as many points to distribute as HP left, which makes things quicker, though makes the earlier rounds more important?

Old March 18, 2004, 11:48   #293
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
So, the top 4 is decided for sure, is that what you're saying?
Yes. Frozzy, Ras and Mart have not made the top 4, so who the top 4 is is decided.

Quote:
And we have to wait on Frozzy to see the full results?
I am happy to do either. I'll give Frozzy until at least 8:16pm tonight to get his orders in (48 hours), and I'd rather wait until then to post the results of other matches, although if people wish I could post the results of matches not involving Frozzy, or anyone playing him.

Old March 18, 2004, 11:54   #294
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
Or we could use the old you have as many points to distribute as HP left, which makes things quicker, though makes the earlier rounds more important?
Although this was faster, it put too much emphasis on dealing massive damage fast, and offered no good come-back chances.

Quote:
Frozzy, Ras and Mart have not made the top 4, so who the top 4 is is decided.
But we're still in the dark about the remaining 6 players, yes?

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 11:54   #295
Theben
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Doc
Regarding the latter stages, I have a balance suggestion.

I think, if the GM and both players agree, that the initial hitpoints could be altered for each matchup. My reasoning is that 2 defensive players can play for a long time and only knock 50 points off each say, whereas 2 attacking players can easily do that in one round.
Is this only to quicken things up? Since I'm the only possible defensive player, is it necessary?
Old March 18, 2004, 11:57   #296
Theben
Deity

I need to go to sleep soon, so I'm gonna change my mind and say go ahead and post player results 1-6. I don't want to try to sleep this edgy... (yes, this game has me that worked up!)
Old March 18, 2004, 11:58   #297
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Although this was faster, it put too much emphasis on dealing massive damage fast, and offered no good come-back chances.
True.

Quote:
But we're still in the dark about the remaining 6 players, yes?
There are 8 players. I can give you the results for all matches but the last three, since none of those include Frozzy or anyone fighting Frozzy, so cannot influence his orders. You wouldn't know how many points Mart, Rasputin and Frozzy would have, but you would know everyone elses.

Old March 18, 2004, 12:00   #298
DrSpike
Deity

I am very much against the old HP system; Spaced was right, this is more fun.

My point is not really to speed things up (although it could if there were many defensive players), since as Theben says there aren't 2 heavy defence players. It's more to slow down the matches for the attackers. Otherwise I can see both semis and the final being over in less time than it took to do the prelims, and I think that's a waste of the most exciting part of the tourney.
Old March 18, 2004, 12:03   #299
Drogue
staff

Results 1-6
I agree with Theben's post. If he's going to bed, let him have the results for those now:

Code:
		W	A	Damage Done	HP (start/left)	Result
1	Doc	20	0	21	100	
		20	0	22	100	
	Vs	20	0	27	20	KO

2	Jamski	10	10	40	100	
		10	10	40	70	
		10	10	0	0	Lose

1	Doc	20	0	39	100	
		20	0	39	100	
	Vs	20	0	0	50	Win

3	Skanky	10	10	10	100	
		10	10	30	90	
		10	10	10	12	Lose

2	Jamski	10	10	0	100	
		10	10	0	100	
	Vs	10	10	0	100	Win

3	Skanky	10	10	0	100	
		10	10	0	91	
		10	10	0	91	Lose

4	Spaced	15	5	0	100	
		15	5	0	40	
	Vs	15	5	0	24	Lose

5	Theben	7	13	16	100	
		7	13	0	38	
		7	13	0	38	Win

4	Spaced	15	5	10	100	
		15	5	9	61	
	Vs	15	5	9	61	Win

6	Captain	12	8	0	100	
		12	8	0	30	
		12	8	0	2	Lose

5	Theben	7	13	0	100	
		7	13	0	100	
	Vs	7	13	18	76	Win

6	Captain	12	8	0	100	
		12	8	0	77	
		12	8	24	59	Lose
Congrat's Theben, a pretty amazing comeback against Spaced means you take 6 points, to Jamski's 3, and so go through. Jamski's gamble against the Doc didn't pay off, and so whatever Ras get's, you will have more points than him.

Old March 18, 2004, 12:10   #300
Jamski
Deity

Dammit, dammit, dammit.

-Jam