Old March 22, 2004, 21:56   #361
Theben
Deity

Local Time: 14:45
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Sorry, they are sent now.

The Doc is difficult to pin down.
I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned
Old March 23, 2004, 07:04   #362
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 19:45
For the semis I wear super slippery 'Theben can't pin me down' grease.

Old March 23, 2004, 10:04   #363
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 18:45

I have all orders, but am at work, so without my spreadsheet. I'll post the first round of the semis tonight. And since I still have no orders from Frozzy, I'll use his old ones and post the final standings for the round robin too

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old March 23, 2004, 13:52   #364
Theben
Deity

How long then?
I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned
Old March 23, 2004, 14:47   #365
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness

About an hour or so

Old March 23, 2004, 15:34   #366
Drogue
staff

Results 7-9 - Round Robin
Using Frozzy's old orders:
Code:
7	Frozzy	6	14	0	100	
		6	14	0	67	
	Vs	6	14	0	67	Lose

8	Raz	10	10	0	100	
		10	10	0	79	
		10	10	0	79	Win

7	Frozzy	6	14	9	100	
		6	14	9	49	
	Vs	6	14	9	0	Lose

9	Mart	12	8	23	100	
		12	8	28	73	
		12	8	0	46	KO

8	Raz	10	10	12	100	
		10	10	12	39	
	Vs	10	10	12	12	Lose

9	Mart	12	8	27	100	
		12	8	0	49	
		12	8	0	13	Win

Old March 23, 2004, 15:39   #367
Drogue
staff

Complete Standings
Thus the final standings are:
Code:
1	The Doctor	28
3	Skanky Burns	16
4	Spacius Maxiumus	16
5	Theben	15
2	Jamski-San	14
8	The Great Raz	10
6	Mad Captain Garland	7
9	Mart the Hammer	7
7	Frozzius Eventius	3
Mart finally gets of the mark with 2 wins, including a KO. He actually joint top scored the last round with the Doc, the only person to do so in any round
Raz also finishes well to gain 6th place from the Mad Captain.

Old March 23, 2004, 16:21   #368
Drogue
staff

Semi Finals
/me walks into the centre of the Arena, and bellows in a load voice:

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here to find a true champion of the gladiatorial arts. We will pit man against man, in a battle of strength, agility, wits and skill. Three of these men about to come before you will die before the tournament is over. One will reign victorious, and will take this trophy..."

/me holds a shining silver trophy to the crowd...

"from me, as the new gladiator champion."

"Ladies and gentlemen, I commend to you the four men who have earned the right to risk their lives for your enjoyment. I give you a reformed and re-equiped veteran of the Gladiator arena, fighting under his real name. A gladiator known for his balance, his style, and his ability to survive even the hardiest of foes, the only man to stand against all and emerge without a single KO against his name..."

/me turns to his right side as a wily, skillful looking man comes running out of the easterly gate, saluting the crowd, around that side, where his supporters seem to have gathered themselves...

"Skanky Burns!"

/me waits for the applause to die down.

"And his opponent and joint second place holder. A gladiator famed for the strength of his sword arm, his ability to consolidate wins, and the famous double KO against the Doctor in the first round. Your old compare, now fighting for glory in the gladiatoral arena. Ladies and gentlemen I give you...

/me turns to his left side as a large, burly looking man, with a deep, southern style tan and a distinct lack of any serious protection, comes running out of the westerly gate, pumping up the crowd with shouts and jeers...

"Spacius Maxiumus!"

/me turns round, showing the two gladiators to the crowd.

"In the second semi final, we have a gladiator who managed a surprise comeback against Spacius to make it this far. A man known for the strength of his armour and the speed of his sidestep. That skillful ending to the round robin saw him take the place of the second favourite, Jamski-San. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the man with a thousand names, and none of them spelled correctly..."

/me turns to look behind him as a hardy looking man in gleaming armour comes running out of the westerly gate, towards the centre of the arena...

"Theben!"

/me waits for the applause to die down.

"And now for his opponent. The gladiator with the wit that is feared by all. A man with a record and reputation that preceeds him. Men want to be him, and women want to be with him. Though his name may suggest it, he shows no mercy in battle, having knocked out every one of his opponents but the battle hardened Skanky Burns. Seen by many as the gladiator that should have emerged victorious over myself in the last wars, he won the round robin by an unprecidented margin, and is the bookies strong favourite for the title that he feels is rightfully his. He fights without armour, using his rapier wit to pierce the flesh and mind of his opponents. Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together in respect and awe for..."

/me holds his hand forward, signalling for the main door to be pulled open, revealing an unassuming man. He walks towards the centre of the arena, looks up at the crowd, and smiles...

"The Doctor!"

/me looks around to see the crowd on their feet, going wild at the carnage they expect to emerge from the man that stands before them.

"In an unprecidented move, the powers that be have decided to use the immense size of the arena and hold both matches simultaneously. This, ladies and gentlemen, will be a visual spectacle to remember.

And without further ado, I do hereby declare: Let the battles, commence!"

/me walks to his seat in the front row, as the gladiators line up against each other, and the crowd goes absolutely wild, stamping their feet, jeering, calling for blood. He smiles to himself. This will be quite a sight to see..."

Last edited by Drogue; March 23, 2004 at 17:11.
Old March 23, 2004, 16:34   #369
Drogue
staff

Semi Final 1 - Round 1
Almost immediately, The Doctor smiles and lunges at Theben. A well executed manoeuvre stikes Theben in the arm, put in the way trying to offer a modicum of resistance. Theben attemts to retaliate, and his effort is not unsubstancial, but is easily blocked by The Doctor's skillful dodging.

Both The Doctor and Theben halfheartedly attempt a couple more blows, but both are blocked by the movement of The Doctor or the armour of Theben, and both retire to the outside of the arena to ready themselves for the next round.

The crowd jeers both the gladiators, chanting "blood, blood, blood".

/me wonders if the crowd will ever realise that having men's lives on the line means that any notion of entertaining recklassness goes out the window. Or does it...

The Doctor has 120 remaining, and Theben has 113.
Accepting orders for round 2.

Last edited by Drogue; March 23, 2004 at 17:14.
Old March 23, 2004, 16:49   #370
Drogue
staff

Semi Final 2 - Round 1
Meanwhile, on the Eastern side of the ring, Skanky Burns faces Spacius Maxiumus. Both coming joint second in the Round Robin, this is expected to be a close and exciting affair...

As soon as Drogue withdraws, Spacius launches a strategic blow, cutting a notch in Skanky's neck. Skanky tries a more substantial retaliation, but it is easily dodged by Spacius.

Again, Spacius lands a small blow, cutting Skanky's shoulder a little. Skanky raises the ante, a skillful blow to the side of Spacius' head looks likely to land, but it is dodged at the last minute.

Skanky almost immediately launches at Spacius' middle, a little opportunistically. However this time, Spacius' guard is down, and he strikes a nasty gash in his abdomen. Unperturbed, Spacius goes on the offensive, skillfully twirling and slicing a nasty gash in Skanky's lovehandles. Both gladiators wander back to the side of the arena, clutching their wounds slightly, but waiting to fight on.

The crowd applauds a close and well matched contest, with blood spilt. Their awaited bloodbath has not yet materialised, but there has been enough action to satiate their bloodlust until round two gets underway.

/me smiles, wondering how such different styles seem to be so closely matched...

Skanky Burns has 91 remaining, and Spacius Maxiumus has 95.
Accepting orders for round 2.

Last edited by Drogue; March 23, 2004 at 17:15.
Old March 23, 2004, 17:00   #371
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Local Time: 13:45
Love the stories Drogue, wow what a rush to be on the other side of the coin this time. I had no idea.
Old March 23, 2004, 17:42   #372
Theben
Deity

Hail, Doctor, 1st blood to you.
Old March 23, 2004, 19:14   #373
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 05:45
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Ahha, so it is a challenge then?
Have at thee!!

(orders sent)
Old March 23, 2004, 19:51   #374
DrSpike
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Theben
Hail, Doctor, 1st blood to you.
Yeah, only a little though.
Old March 23, 2004, 19:56   #375
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

You need some violence in your fights.
Old March 23, 2004, 20:17   #376
Drogue
staff

Quote:
Originally posted by Spaced Cowboy
Love the stories Drogue
Thanks

Also, I would advise people to read the stories, they do give some clues as to the strength of blows, how close the hits were, etc. Nothing major, but little things to make the story go.

As of now, have orders from:
Theben
Spaced
Skanky

Awaiting orders from:
Doc

Last edited by Drogue; March 24, 2004 at 13:34.
Old March 23, 2004, 20:59   #377
Theben
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
You need some violence in your fights.
You're asking the Doctor for violence? Of course, had he let me hit him on the 1st swing there would have been a bit more blood!
Old March 24, 2004, 00:44   #378
Theben
Deity

sent.
Old March 24, 2004, 06:42   #379
DrSpike
Deity

After work.
Old March 24, 2004, 09:35   #380
Skanky Burns

Before work!
Old March 24, 2004, 10:09   #381
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Hey, nice story Drogue

/me chants "Blood, blood, blood, blood" with the rest of the crowd *

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 24, 2004, 11:28   #382
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Local Time: 13:45
sent
Old March 24, 2004, 12:46   #383
Drogue
staff

I have the orders for semi final 2, so the story will be continued in about 3 hours. If Theben sends orders tonight, I can post the story for semi final 1 too

Old March 24, 2004, 13:29   #384
Theben
Deity

Hey, I sent my orders!
Old March 24, 2004, 13:33   #385
Drogue
staff

Sorry, wrong way around Doc is the only one not to have sent his orders yet

Old March 24, 2004, 13:35   #386
Theben
Deity

Ah, it's okay. I at least get a legitimate +1 out of it.

+1
Old March 24, 2004, 13:36   #387
Drogue
staff

Stop spamming It'll make my stories not be on the last page

Old March 24, 2004, 14:27   #388
DrSpike
Deity

Hehe I just got in.........orders soon. Be patient.
Old March 24, 2004, 15:06   #389
DrSpike
Deity

Sent.
Old March 24, 2004, 15:20   #390
Drogue
staff

Have orders, and tabulating and writing. Expect results in an hour or so