Old March 4, 2004, 22:06   #1
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 13:45
Local Date: November 2, 2010
The Time For War Has Come
Peace has now received the turn from CyCon. The Drones and us need to go to war this turn.

Let's declare that despite our best efforts, sadly it has become obvious to us all that CyCon has refused to respect the rule of law and is intent on aggressively attacking all other factions.

We will not wait until CyCon picks us off, one by one.

We stand shoulder to shoulder beside our Pact Brothers the Drones.

We the Free Peoples of Drones, Hive and Peace stand up to this CyCon/Uni Axis of Evil.

A State of War now exists between us the free loving people of Chiron and the Axis of Evil.

CyCon has made it absolutely clear that it will not bend to the will of the council. We must strike and strike now before they prepare their military further.

I do not want to give them another turn to prepare, and perhaps attack us.

Mead
Old March 4, 2004, 22:23   #2
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 11:45
Alright, in that case we will be prepared, but we need to discuss how we will do this. We need the CyCon to give us an excuse.
Old March 4, 2004, 22:30   #3
Mead
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire
Alright, in that case we will be prepared, but we need to discuss how we will do this. We need the CyCon to give us an excuse.
I think they have already given us and the Drones an excuse. They have swallowed up two other factions (Uni and Peace) and will soon be able to kill us too. We must attack and attack soon (like now) before they grow stronger.

I recommend we state in the Planetary Council thread that we condemn their actions and it appears that they have made it clear that they only respect force.

We, the Hive and Drones, will use force to defend ourselves.

So, with heavy hearts, we rise to the call of duty and defend ourselves.

If you want, I will enter the debate there with the intent to get declaration of war.

Mead
Old March 4, 2004, 22:33   #4
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Please do, but do not declare war. Be very hostile, but attack them for being aggressors and imperialists who threaten peace on Planet.

We will compose a formal declaration of war.
Old March 4, 2004, 22:39   #5
Mead
King

Quote:
Please do, but do not declare war. Be very hostile, but attack them for being aggressors and imperialists who threaten peace on Planet.

We will compose a formal declaration of war.

Got it.

I will to do my best to do everything short of declaring war.

Mead
Old March 4, 2004, 23:04   #6
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
We need the CyCon to give us an excuse.
We do?

Have they not already given ample excuse already?

Compose the declaration and ready it for posting. When our troops move for the attack and we are ready to declare war in-game, post the declaration. We have no need for further justification beyond what already exists.
Old March 4, 2004, 23:11   #7
Mead
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

We do?

Have they not already given ample excuse already?

Compose the declaration and ready it for posting. When our troops move for the attack and we are ready to declare war in-game, post the declaration. We have no need for further justification beyond what already exists.
I vote War now.

We have enough justification.

Self Preservation.

The Interests of the State Demand we go to war.

Mead
Old March 4, 2004, 23:17   #8
Mead
King

I have posted a message in the Drone Embassy seeking to Coordinate our Battle Plan.

I think we need to spend some serious time getting our war plan together were we will be the second wave into Uni terriotry this turn.

I think we should not rush Peace to play their turn. we may need more time to prep ours and the Drones invasion into Uni. Who is the Ambassador to Peace? Can you ask them to wait until we tell them we are ready before they post?

Mead
Old March 4, 2004, 23:17   #9
Voltaire
King

Brilliant post in the main forum Comrade Mead! I believe "Resistance is NOT Futile" should become the motto of this war.
Old March 4, 2004, 23:20   #10
Mead
King

Voltaire

Can you contact Hercules and ask him to hold off posting for a littl while to give us and the Drones more time to prepare our plans?

Hercules does not know me.

Mead
Old March 4, 2004, 23:23   #11
Voltaire
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Mead
Voltaire

Can you contact Hercules and ask him to hold off posting for a littl while to give us and the Drones more time to prepare our plans?

Hercules does not know me.

Mead
I'm not sure what you have in mind, contact him yourself on behalf of the Hive, since if you explain it it will be better.
Old March 5, 2004, 08:58   #12
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 18:45
NO NO NO!!!!

Be REALLY friendly to the CyCon! Beg them for a pact vs the Data Angels. Offer them techs and bases. Promise to declare war on the Drones and Pirates.

AND THEN ATTACK THE CYCON THIS TURN ANYWAY.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 5, 2004, 12:11   #13
Voltaire
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
NO NO NO!!!!

Be REALLY friendly to the CyCon! Beg them for a pact vs the Data Angels. Offer them techs and bases. Promise to declare war on the Drones and Pirates.

AND THEN ATTACK THE CYCON THIS TURN ANYWAY.

-Jam
All excellent ideas, but we need to decide on what to do. I’m really torn, honestly we really do not need an excuse, we’ll declare war anyway I was just thinking we should make it fancy.
Old March 5, 2004, 12:35   #14
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 12:45
Well sorry because of my stuffed up Jamski's plan is out of the water. We'll have to go to Mead's plan now I think. I'm for declaring war against them this turn.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 5, 2004, 13:09   #15
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

We should attack without a DoW We're acting like LAL. for Googliegod's sake. What's wrong with us?

We don't need an excuse or a build up. We should never have given them any warning.

We have lost most of the element of surprise already. Now we should be extra nice so they think we are not yet ready to act.

-Jam
Old March 5, 2004, 13:14   #16
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Well CCs know me pretty good. They know I am a person who values moral and integrity. So they could interpret this as I'm responding morally but they may not know how well we are prepared. At least we'll be able to see what they have done this last turn. If they started they military build up in uni in expectation of the war, perhaps we need to attack this turn. Otherwise our original plan should still be ok.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 5, 2004, 16:33   #17
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 20:45
i think Jamski is right - we're the hive demmit we dont need excuses!

lets fight !!!

(lets just coordinate with drones b4 )
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old March 5, 2004, 17:44   #18
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 08:45
Comrade HongHu, while I agree that you are a person of integrity and respect that, I think the element of surprise would best support the Vendetta against the CPU.

Boxers don't tell their opponent where they are going to swing, they just do it. Actions speak louder than words comrade, and I think the time for diplomacy has ended.

It's time we start acting like the HIVE for once and do as we please. Chiron is ours for the taking, and with our shared vision of what Chiron should be with the Free Drones, we should let the CPU know that they aren't part of that vision.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old March 5, 2004, 17:54   #19
Snowflake
Princess

Well said Comrade Frankychan! Alright, let's start acting like the Hive!

Now how are we supposed to act like Hive? (j/k)

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 5, 2004, 19:57   #20
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Of course Jamski is right! This is why I was puzzled about the council motion from the start... that said, it was great trollbait, though.
Old March 5, 2004, 19:59   #21
Voltaire
King

We all agree we want war, but how to we go about declaring it. I’m open to suggestions, if you have one write down a formal declaration and the reasons we will be using as an excuse (there’s plenty of those).
Old March 5, 2004, 20:42   #22
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Let's just invade them, or attack them. THEN we send them a declaration declaring that we are enforcing the "will of the Planetary Council" on them. Since they don't want to give PEACE their bases back, we'll take their bases instead.
Old March 5, 2004, 20:46   #23
Jamski
Deity

We don't want a declaration of war. Let's simply attack them. For no reason. Because we are the Hive, and they are not.

-Jam
Old March 5, 2004, 20:49   #24
Frankychan
King

I agree with Comrade Jamski......to hell with the CPU.
Old March 5, 2004, 21:32   #25
Arnelos
Emperor

Attack them and announce in the public forum that the enlightened leaderships of the Human Hive and the Free Drones, entrusted as we are with the welfare of humankind, have decided that the peoples of Chiron must be purified of the taint of the cybernetic plague. We fight for the very meaning of what it is to be human and the good comrade citizens of the Human Hive trust our leadership to protect them in this struggle, as any dutiful citizens should. We believe that organic manipulation of humanity to be acceptable, but this cybernetic alteration of the species is clearly heinous and must be purified.

We might also make some commentary upon how in the Human Hive and other human factions, there are still human hands of compassion and wisdom which lead and care for the common people... by contrast, it is obvious that the CyCon collective does not operate in this manner... their system results in a lack of compassion for fellow human beings and an obvious lack of enlightened leadership. We can cite the Colony Pod incident as an example.

The emphasis is upon:

* The wisdom of the Human Hive's enlightened leadership in taking this action
* The loyalty of the Human Hive's citizens to the Hive and their faith and trust in its wise and benevolent leadership.
* The obvious care and compassion that the Human Hive has for the poor tortured souls afflicted with the cybernetic plague and our desire to purify them of their disease.
* The hope of all comrade citizens of the Hive and the Free Drones that all of man shall once again, as with the founding of our mission, be brought into peaceful harmony and a returned purity of what it means to be human.
* Our comrade allies, the Free Drones, feel as we do about the purity of our race and share our compassion for the tortured souls of those afflicted by the cybernetic plague - we wish to return them their humanity, that they may join us again in peace and harmony.
* The superiority of human systems of government and human leadership of humanity over any transition to a cybernetic collective.
* The obvious duplicity of the CyCon in seeking to forcefully assimilate what remains of humankind and our obligation as the appointed leaders of humankind to defend our species.

------------------

Note that some coordination with the Free Drones would be required for perhaps a joint statement (or conjoining statements which complement one another).

However, the key aspects of our faction's ideology, namely a faith by the citizens in the wisdom and benevolence of our enlightened leadership and our leadership's true devotion to the betterment of the human race should be the CORE of the statement.

Ultimately, the latest actions by the CyCon should only serve as recent illustrations of the overall threat posed inherently by the CyCon. It is therefore the duty of humanity to defend itself and return humanity even to those poor souls who have been denied it, either through their own foolish choices or through force.

It should be fun.
Old March 5, 2004, 21:55   #26
Voltaire
King

I agree with Comrade Arnelos’ statement; we should make a statement which will make us look good and justify this war. One note enough, we should not call it an act of aggression or even a war, call it a “police action” by the Human Hive and the Free Drones in defense of peace on Planet, some rhetoric like that which we can throw back at the CyCon when they accuse us of being the aggressors.
Old March 5, 2004, 22:00   #27
Mead
King

Quote:
I agree with Comrade Arnelos? statement; we should make a statement which will make us look good and justify this war. One note enough, we should not call it an act of aggression or even a war, call it a ?police action? by the Human Hive and the Free Drones in defense of peace on Planet, some rhetoric like that which we can throw back at the CyCon when they accuse us of being the aggressors.
Chairman

I matters little what we call it.

We are going to war this turn no matter what.

The only players in this game are us, our allies the Drones, barely alive Peace, our enemy CyCon (AOE) and the computer AI's who, unless Googlie is RP'ing them a bit, care little about our diplomatic motion.

Mead
Old March 5, 2004, 22:05   #28
Frankychan
King

Wow,

I'm impressed with Comrade Arnelos' eloquence.
Old March 5, 2004, 22:17   #29
Voltaire
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Mead

Chairman

I matters little what we call it.

We are going to war this turn no matter what.

The only players in this game are us, our allies the Drones, barely alive Peace, our enemy CyCon (AOE) and the computer AI's who, unless Googlie is RP'ing them a bit, care little about our diplomatic motion.

Mead
I see your point, but appearances are important if not now then in the future. Our actions now will brand us for the rest of eternity.

Besides, rhetoric is fun.
Old March 5, 2004, 22:23   #30
Mead
King

Quote:

I see your point, but appearances are important if not now then in the future. Our actions now will brand us for the rest of eternity.

Besides, rhetoric is fun.
OK, I see no harm in the diplomacy, but lets not delay the war because of it.

Mead