Old March 5, 2004, 22:24   #31
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 11:45
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Mead

OK, I see no harm in the diplomacy, but lets not delay the war because of it.

Mead
Of course, we will do no such thing. The war will be declared one way or another on this turn when we receive it.
Old March 6, 2004, 06:17   #32
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 20:45
I like this decleration of war.
lets get the drones to sign on it. And it doesnt mater if we publish it afetr war has begun....
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old March 6, 2004, 08:56   #33
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 13:45
heh... what I wrote was only a guideline. The actual declaration still needs to be written.
Old March 6, 2004, 12:59   #34
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 18:45
We don't make a war though. Its just a police action for the good of humanity

And we could REALLY annoy the CyCon by saying we are only at war with the University. Keep offering the CyCon a pact every turn whle we bomb the Uni bases. That will just be so insulting that we still don't recognise the union

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 6, 2004, 16:45   #35
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 12:45
Great post Comrade Arnelos. I am so happy that you have joined us just in time. This is exactly the plan, we attack and then we make it public that we are performing a police action based on the planetary council cession.

Two points I want to stress. First, we need to make sure if we are ready for war this turn. For IIRC the attack is next turn. We need to make sure we time it right and do not give them a chance to reflect and react.

Second, we can not offer CC a pact in game. Mead, please note this. Never never offer them a pact. They don't have infiltration on us. We don't want to give them free infiltration!!! If we offer them a pact, they can have the save in one pc and accept and get our military info and use another pc and attack us. Also I do not think it is good for us if we say we are only at war with Univ instead of CC for our reasoning of the "police action" is based on CC's aggression against PEACE, and Univ has done no wrong to us or anybody. We can only say we are against CPU as one unified faction. Speaking of this, they really helped our cause by merging.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 7, 2004, 23:39   #36
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Ok, I'm starting to tinker with a declaration. I can hold it until the appropriate time.
Old March 7, 2004, 23:49   #37
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Thanks Comrade Arnelos! If possible please prepare the declaration as soon as possible. Even if we are not starting the strike on univland, my understanding is that Comrade Mead may still need to declare vendetta against the CPU this turn?

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 8, 2004, 01:51   #38
Arnelos
Emperor

Ok, it's a bit long and I'm concerned that it's a bit oriented toward an Armaggedon type of war over a simple conflict. It also states the joint cause of the Human Hive, the Free Drones, and the PEACE. It may not be wise to post this publicly until the Free Drones have made their own attack and yet it might be weird not to post a declaration on the turn of attack.

I sorta need to know what the thinking you have on that and what we should do.

Anyhow, here's what I cooked up (it can be edited if necessary, so speak up if you have an edit):

----------------------------------------------------------------------

It would seem, my brethren, that we stand at the twighlight of the human race. As we have squabled and fought one another as our people have done for millennia, we have sat idly by as the greatest threat to our survival has continued to grow. As we have concerned ourselves far too frequently with one another, this mortal threat posed to us has grown ever worse and few of our number have, as yet, chosen to face it. We now risk our own extinction if we continue in this path of complacency.

Humanity has faced extinction once before, on Earth. Our forebearers, seeing the certain extinction of our race developing around them, had the wisdom to build and launch this mission... that even if Earth should die, that humanity might live on. Our race narrowly escaped from the jaws of death due to the enlightened leadership of these forebearers, humans of passion and vision who hoped beyond hope that through their efforts, humanity might yet be saved. Their success in that endeavour is a testament to their enlightenment and to the resilient tenacity of our race. Though we were ourselves responsible for our own imperilment before, it was enlightened leaders such as these who saved us.

Once again, humanity is in need of such leadership. Once again, the actions of a few heinous individuals who have long since lost their own humanity imperils the survival of the entire race. I speak, as I am sure you must know, of the cybernetic plague. They forcefullly assimilated large portions of what little remains of the human race into the cybernetic plague, violating both the sanctity of the human race and the self-determination of these human peoples. Their recent actions in forcefully assimilating the people of the PEACE demonstrate with alarming clarity their true intentions. Their recent actions against fleeing PEACE forces only serves to illustrate the point of how the cybernetic plague has robbed them of whatever once existed of their humanity.

This plague upon our race has been allowed by our complacency and neglect to grow and only now that it has revealed its true nature do many of us realize our error in allowing it grow as much as it already has. The time for such complacency is finished, however. We can no longer afford to stand idly by as our race is systematically driven into extinction by the spread of the cybernetic plage. As the leaders of our race, we have a solemn obligation to face this threat now rather than to resign ourselves to the twighlight of our race.

It is because of this conviction that the the Human Hive announces that we have begun the final war to protect the sanctity, indeed the very survival, of the human race. In concert with our Free Drone and PEACE allies, we seek to liberate the peoples of Chiron from the evil taint of the cybernetic plague and, in doing so, to achieve the salvation of the human race.

It is our hope that the tortured souls cruelly afflicted by this plague and warped by its heinous intentions can be liberated and given back their humanity. It is thus that we bear no hatred for many of these poor misguided souls who lead the plague and the poor tortured souls they have forcefully infected. As to all of these that we wish to save, we bear for them only love. It is not our intent to destroy them, but to save them. We retain hope that many may yet be saved, though we know that many may die in the war to come and will thus never be saved. We believe this is an unfortunate price, but one that must be paid for our and their salvation.

The comrade citizens of the Human Hive support their leadership in this solemn mission. Like us, their leaders, they understand that to do otherwise would to be to ensure the eventual extinction of the human race as the cybernetic plague continues to spread. They understand the threat the cybernetic plague poses to us all and that we, their leaders, are obligated by our solemn vows to serve the human race to take this action. Furthermore, the loyal and dutiful comrade citizens of the Human Hive understand the value of human leadership over the inhumanity and sheer chaos sponsored by the misguided souls of the cybernetic plague's collective.

They understand, unlike the misguided souls that we must attempt to save, that although humanity is far from perfect, among the redeeming values of humanity is the passion, drive, enlightenment, and vision of those individuals who become the most exceptional of their leaders. The comrade citizens of the Hive have extraordinary faith in Chairmain Voltaire and the rest of the leadership of humanity that they can indeed save our race from extinction. That faith is not misplaced, either. They remember well the leadership and guidance which as been provided by Chairman Voltaire and the other leaders of the Hive throughout our faction's history and it is this history of enlightened and benevolent leadership which gives them so much faith.

It is worth noting that these are precisely the qualities in human leadership that the misguided souls of the cybernetic plague most revile. As they seek to destroy the very spirit and drive that defines humanity, they have left themselves without the same type of leadership as that which Chairman Voltaire provides, a leadership inspired by passion and vision. As they seek to destroy so-called "undesirable right-brain functions" in favor of a purely cold and harsh inhumanity, they deprive themselves of the very qualities that make humanity most redeemable for all of its many faults.

So it is that Chairman Voltaire has once again demonstrated the sheer strength of his vision as to lead us in this endevour as he has lead the Hive so many times before. As with the passionate human leaders of vision who sought to save our race from extinction before, so it is with Chairman Voltaire, who shall seek to lead us with all of his ability in this crusade to once again save our race.

We must note, however, that Chairman Voltaire and the Hive are not alone in this struggle and in many of these beliefs. We are joined in this struggle by such valiant figures as Foreman Buster of the Free Drones and the valiant people of the Free Drones, whose steadfast courage and integrity are above repute, as with the dutiful productivity of their citizenship. They have built, by human hands and with human leadership, a many recognize as a pinacle of civilization. They have demonstrated amply that through hard work and sacrifice on behalf of the common good, humanity can achieve greatness without the evil of the cybernetic plague. We have faith that this greatness which they have achieved through such monumental dedication will be precisely what humanity needs to save itself in conjunction with that of their allies.

As for the PEACE, we must recognize that PEACE recognized the threat posed to all of humanity by the cybernetic plague before the rest of us did. In doing so, we recognize the unique prescience of the leadership of PEACE, prescience that we would all do well to learn from. It is our hope that we can do everything in our power to save the valiant people of the PEACE who have long been fighting the cybernetic plague alone on behalf of the rest of humanity while we have failed to aid them. We can only hope that we may yet save them from the fate the cybernetic plague wishes for them and that regardless of their fate, that their sacrifice on behalf of all of humanity is long remembered in reverance. We must insist that their sacrifice must not be one which was made in vain... We owe it to them as much as we owe it to ourselves to ensure that the cybernetic plague is stopped.

It is thus that our peoples, those of the Human Hive, the Free Drones, and the PEACE, shall join together in this endeavor. We realize that our success is not guaranteed and we even understand that should we fail, we will have nothing other than our own earlier complacency in the face of mortal danger to blame. However, we have since come to understand the nature of our plight as the cybernetic plague has revealed its true nature in forcefully assimilating the PEACE and seeking their utter destruction. If there is still any chance that we may prevent such a fate from befalling the rest of humanity, we must do everything in our limited power to prevent such a fate.

We must rise to this fight and we must not stop the fight until all of Chiron has been liberated from the cybernetic plague or until the cybernetic plague has finally driven humanity to extinction. No other options remain to us. We face the potential twighlight of our race and we must hope beyond hope, as did our visionary forebearers, that our efforts now will be enough to save us.

We must not let the petty disputes which have divided us do so any longer. We must have faith in one another, in our shared humanity. We must love one another, as we love the poor misguided souls we seek to save. Most importantly, we must recognize that we will either stand together, or we will fall.

In brotherhood, we may yet prevail.
Old March 8, 2004, 01:52   #39
Arnelos
Emperor

It's a bit long, too...

EDIT: comments?

Last edited by Arnelos; March 8, 2004 at 04:11.
Old March 8, 2004, 08:51   #40
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I like it. Clean Chiron of the scum and all that

-Jam
Old March 8, 2004, 12:35   #41
Snowflake
Princess

Very ellogantly put, Comrade Arnelos. I especially like the way you mentioned Drones and PEACE, and the emphasis on the "human" race. A really great piece.

Two questions. First, who in what capacity will put this forward? I first thought that the Chairman would do the announcement, but from your mentioning of the Chairman I realize this is not intended to be spoken by him.

Second, can we call it the final war yet? We do have to fight the two AIs?

Also I agree that this should be posted when the Drones started their strike on their turn 2159, before our turn 2160.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 8, 2004, 17:12   #42
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Two questions. First, who in what capacity will put this forward? I first thought that the Chairman would do the announcement, but from your mentioning of the Chairman I realize this is not intended to be spoken by him.
I was assuming that I would probably do it, actually. In truth, I didn't really think about that issue. Thinking now about it, you're right about the 3rd person references to Chairman Voltaire... it would sound sort of weird for those to be self-references, wouldn't it?

We could simply say that this is an official government declaration made by the Ministry of Truth or whatever we happen to call such an organ of our government (Minister of Information, anyone? ).

Basically, rather than the Chairman himself making a statement, it was (in my mind) a statement in proxy made by the propaganda apparatus of the Human Hive... whether that be Pravda itself or another part of that apparatus is really immaterial, that's what I was assuming was the source.

So yeah, I really just didn't think about it that much. I just sorta assumed I'd probably post it.

Quote:
Second, can we call it the final war yet? We do have to fight the two AIs?
Yeah, as I said at the top, it's a bit of an Armaggedon style declaration rather than garden variety war declaration. That said, I think everyone pretty much recognizes that the AI civs are largely non-entities. We can simply say that their will either join with us in the fight against CyCon or they will doom themselves by joining with the enemy of humanity or something like that.

In terms of deciding who is likely to win the game, this probably really is the final fight (seeing as we all doubt the liklihood that one of the AI factions will win it ).

Quote:
Also I agree that this should be posted when the Drones started their strike on their turn 2159, before our turn 2160.
Definately. This should not be posted until the Free Drones have executed their own attack.
Old March 8, 2004, 17:20   #43
Snowflake
Princess

Yes agree to both points. You should post it and we need to think of a glamorous title for you.

And the CPU might very well pact with Roze and then the believers. So in this sense this IS the final war.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 8, 2004, 18:32   #44
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Yes agree to both points. You should post it and we need to think of a glamorous title for you.

And the CPU might very well pact with Roze and then the believers. So in this sense this IS the final war.
You know... we should consider pacting with the Believers just so we have them on our side in this one. Sure, we don't like them, but their holy righteousness against the cybernetic plague would be so much fun (and not having to tangle with their military as well might be useful).

Thoughts on that?
Old March 8, 2004, 18:38   #45
Snowflake
Princess

That's actually an interesting thought. I don't see why we can't. Perhaps we should do an AI diplomacy test.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 8, 2004, 21:20   #46
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 08:45
Comrade Arnelos,

Your moving speech is excellent and summarizes the plight the last bastions of humanity are seeking to preserve. The fight to eradicate the CyCon and their University lackeys will prove a worthy test of the Hive and the Drones military capability.
Your statement is.....perfect.

As for your proposal for a Believer/Hive alliance, while I do not approve of them, I do see that war makes strange bedfellows and if we can divert them to the CyCon instead of us...so much the better.

Last that I heard, one of the ex-turnplayers tried to get the Believers into attacking the Drones...was this resolved?
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old March 8, 2004, 22:54   #47
Arnelos
Emperor

Just read back over it and there are several grammatical and spelling errors I didn't catch when writing it. I'll go back and edit those before it gets posted.
Old March 8, 2004, 23:24   #48
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 11:45
Didn’t have time to read anything over (my flight tomorrow leaves at 7:00 and I have to get up at 5:00 so I need my sweet sweet sleep), but whatever you decide to go through with has my full approval (something which I’ll get to regretting after I get back).
Old March 8, 2004, 23:33   #49
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire
Didn?t have time to read anything over (my flight tomorrow leaves at 7:00 and I have to get up at 5:00 so I need my sweet sweet sleep), but whatever you decide to go through with has my full approval (something which I?ll get to regretting after I get back).
Better Post it soon.

I'm going to do and post the turn soon.

Mead
Old March 8, 2004, 23:40   #50
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 08:45
KICK A**!!!

Won't everyone be surprised?!

*rubs hands together with glee*
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old March 8, 2004, 23:54   #51
Snowflake
Princess

Don't post it until the Drone's turn though Arnelos.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 9, 2004, 00:44   #52
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Don't post it until the Drone's turn though Arnelos.
That is/was the plan. I have no intention of screwing up Foreman Buster's plan if we can help it.
Old March 11, 2004, 14:21   #53
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 20:45
I think is is so long they'll give up just fron reading it
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old March 18, 2004, 06:33   #54
Arnelos
Emperor

Final edit being worked on and the posting will be made shortly. Do I have clearance to post?

Please keep in mind that I will include not only [roleplay] and [/roleplay] tags, but I will also include an absolutely ENORMOUS disclaimer.
Old March 18, 2004, 07:10   #55
Arnelos
Emperor

EDIT complete. This is the full post, as it will appear in the public thread that will be started for the purpose:

------------------------------------------------------------------------

PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING DISCLAIMER

NOTE: The following "speech" is quite completely and entirely roleplay. Since its author is essentially brand new to this game, he has no history upon which to actually base any negative opinion of CPU and what few CPU members he knows or has any familiarity with he actually likes. In short, he has a positive view of CPU. This speech is made instead by an RP persona which obviously feels a bit differently.

Now, speaking of speaking in third person, Bob Dole is actually a really nice guy if you ever get to me him (I have ).

To those who lack the stomach for tolerating RP, please simply ignore it rather than reading it and becoming uselessly annoyed. A useful summary for those who fall into this category and care not to be annoyed might be:

"Blah, blah, blah, we declare war on CPU. Blah,blah, blah, it is our intention to wipe CPU out. Blah, blah, blah, the Hive, the Drones, and PEACE are cool."

If you think you'll just become uselessly annoyed or incensed by reading on, please just refrain from doing so.

If you appreciate RP and would like to read on, please do!

You have been fairly warned.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[roleplay]

OFFICIAL STATEMENT BY THE CHAIRMAN OF THE CENTRAL FOREIGN AFFAIRS COMMITTEE:

(delivered as an address to the planet via Hive state-run media)

It would seem, my brethren, that we stand at the twilight of the human race. As we have squabbled and fought one another as our people have done for millennia, we have sat idly by as the greatest threat to our survival has continued to grow. As we have concerned ourselves far too frequently with one another, this mortal threat posed to us has grown ever worse and few of our number have, as yet, chosen to face it. We now risk our own extinction if we continue in this path of complacency.

Humanity has faced extinction once before, on Earth. Our forbearers, seeing the certain extinction of our race developing around them, had the wisdom to build and launch this mission... that even if Earth should die, that humanity might live on. Our race narrowly escaped from the jaws of death due to the enlightened leadership of these forbearers, humans of passion and vision who hoped beyond hope that through their efforts, humanity might yet be saved. Their success in that endeavor is a testament to their enlightenment and to the resilient tenacity of our race. Though we were ourselves responsible for our own imperilment before, it was enlightened leaders such as these who saved us.

Once again, humanity is in need of such leadership. Once again, the actions of a few heinous individuals who have long since lost their own humanity imperils the survival of the entire race. I speak, as I am sure you must know, of the cybernetic plague. They forcefully assimilated large portions of what little remains of the human race into the cybernetic plague, violating both the sanctity of the human race and the self-determination of these human peoples. Their recent actions in forcefully assimilating the people of the PEACE demonstrate with alarming clarity their true intentions. Their recent actions against fleeing PEACE forces only serves to illustrate the point of how the cybernetic plague has robbed them of whatever once existed of their humanity.

This plague upon our race has been allowed by our complacency and neglect to grow and only now that it has revealed its true nature do many of us realize our error in allowing it to grow as much as it already has. The time for such complacency is finished, however. We can no longer afford to stand idly by as our race is systematically driven into extinction by the spread of the cybernetic plague. As the leaders of our race, we have a solemn obligation to face this threat now rather than to resign ourselves to the twilight of our race.

It is because of this conviction that the Human Hive announces that we have begun the final war to protect the sanctity, indeed the very survival, of the human race. In concert with our Free Drone and PEACE allies, we seek to liberate the peoples of Chiron from the evil taint of the cybernetic plague and, in doing so, to achieve the salvation of the human race.

It is our hope that the tortured souls cruelly afflicted by this plague and warped by its heinous intentions can be liberated and given back their humanity. It is thus that we bear no hatred for many of these poor misguided souls who lead the plague and the poor tortured souls they have forcefully infected. As to all of these that we wish to save, we bear for them only love. It is not our intent to destroy them, but to save them. We retain hope that many may yet be saved, though we know that many may die in the war to come and will thus never be saved. We believe this is an unfortunate price, but one that must be paid for our and their salvation.

The comrade citizens of the Human Hive support their leadership in this solemn mission. Like us, their leaders, they understand that to do otherwise would to be to ensure the eventual extinction of the human race as the cybernetic plague continues to spread. They understand the threat that the cybernetic plague poses to us all and that we, their leaders, are obligated by our solemn vows to serve the human race to take this action. Furthermore, the loyal and dutiful comrade citizens of the Human Hive understand the value of human leadership over the inhumanity and sheer chaos sponsored by the misguided souls of the cybernetic plague's collective.

They understand, unlike the misguided souls that we must attempt to save, that although humanity is far from perfect, among the redeeming values of humanity is the passion, drive, enlightenment, and vision of those individuals who become the most exceptional of their leaders. The comrade citizens of the Hive have extraordinary faith in Chairman Voltaire and the rest of the leadership of humanity that they can indeed save our race from extinction. That faith is not misplaced, either. They remember well the leadership and guidance which has been provided by Chairman Voltaire and the other leaders of the Hive throughout our faction's history and it is this history of enlightened and benevolent leadership which gives them so much faith now.

It is worth noting that these are precisely the qualities in human leadership that the misguided souls of the cybernetic plague most revile. As they seek to destroy the very spirit and drive that defines humanity, they have left themselves without the same type of leadership as that which Chairman Voltaire provides, a leadership inspired by passion and vision. As they seek to destroy so-called "undesirable right-brain functions" in favor of a purely cold and harsh inhumanity, they deprive themselves of the very qualities that make humanity most redeemable for all of its many faults.

So it is that Chairman Voltaire has once again demonstrated the sheer strength of his vision as to lead us in this endeavor as he has lead the Hive so many times before. As with the passionate human leaders of vision who sought to save our race from extinction before, so it is with Chairman Voltaire, who shall seek to lead us with all of his ability in this crusade to once again save our race.

We must note, however, that Chairman Voltaire and the Hive are not alone in this struggle and in many of these beliefs. We are joined in this struggle by such valiant figures as Foreman Buster of the Free Drones and the valiant people of the Free Drones, whose steadfast courage and integrity are above repute, as with the dutiful productivity of their citizenship. They have built, by human hands and with human leadership, what many recognize as a pinnacle of civilization. They have demonstrated amply that through hard work and sacrifice on behalf of the common good, humanity can achieve greatness without the evil of the cybernetic plague. We have faith that this greatness which they have achieved through such monumental dedication will be precisely what humanity needs to save itself in conjunction with that of their allies.

As for the PEACE, we must acknowledge that PEACE recognized the threat posed to all of humanity by the cybernetic plague before the rest of us did. In doing so, we recognize the unique prescience of the leadership of PEACE, prescience that we would all do well to learn from. It is our hope that we can do everything in our power to save the valiant people of the PEACE who have long been fighting the cybernetic plague alone on behalf of the rest of humanity while we have failed to aid them. We can only hope that we may yet save them from the fate the cybernetic plague wishes for them and that regardless of their fate, that their sacrifice on behalf of all of humanity is long remembered in reverence. We must insist that their sacrifice must not be one which was made in vain... We owe it to them as much as we owe it to ourselves to ensure that the cybernetic plague is stopped.

It is thus that our peoples, those of the Human Hive, the Free Drones, and the PEACE, shall hopefully join together in this endeavor. We realize that our success is not guaranteed and we even understand that should we fail, we will have nothing other than our own earlier complacency in the face of mortal danger to blame. However, we have since come to understand the nature of our plight as the cybernetic plague has revealed its true nature in forcefully assimilating the PEACE and seeking their utter destruction. If there is still any chance that we may prevent such a fate from befalling the rest of humanity, we must do everything in our limited power to prevent such a fate.

We must rise to this fight and we must not stop the fight until all of Chiron has been liberated from the cybernetic plague or until the cybernetic plague has finally driven humanity into extinction. No other options remain to us. We face the potential twilight of our race and we must hope beyond hope, as did our visionary forbearers, that our efforts now will be enough to save us.

We must not let the petty disputes which have divided us do so any longer. We must have faith in one another, in our shared humanity. We must love one another, as we love the poor misguided souls we seek to save. Most importantly, we must recognize that we will either stand together, or we will fall.

In brotherhood, we may yet prevail.

[/roleplay]

Last edited by Arnelos; March 18, 2004 at 07:16.
Old March 18, 2004, 08:45   #56
Jamski
Deity

*sigh*

-JAm
Old March 18, 2004, 12:14   #57
Snowflake
Princess

Very good disclaimer Arnelos.

What's wrong Jamski?

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 12:31   #58
Jamski
Deity

We're just joining in with the big bullies, then the PUT & CyCon will look at the save and surrender. Its a sad way to end the ACDG, I think.

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 13:03   #59
Snowflake
Princess

What would be a happy way to end the ACDG then? Everybody unite around us? I actually tried for that although not one other person cared. If CC had not merged with Uni, would they surrender when we conqure Uni? Or if we ally with CPU and beat the crap out of the non roleplaying Drones and make them surrender, will that be any better? Just because they don't complain that makes them less valued to be cared for? And their feeling less important?

I don't understand. If we don't intend for some teams to win and some teams to lose, why do we bother to start a team game at all in the first place? If we really intend to get to a happy ending with everybody happily living together why do we bother to plan so much militarily? Why haven't one soul chimed in with me when I tried for the Supreme leader thing?

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 13:10   #60
Jamski
Deity

There's winning, and there's losing, and they can both be fun in a game. But when a team is doing ok, and suddenly gets hammered by the two "big boys" for no reason except they want to all of a sudden... that's just not fun anymore.

Us and the CyCon trying to beat the crap out of the Drones would be a fair fight, it would be balanced, and it would pay back those Drone scum-heads who think they're too good for 'poly (then why'd they join the 'poly demo game?)

-Jam