Old March 18, 2004, 13:25   #61
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 12:45
Local Date: November 2, 2010
When did they say they are too good for Poly? Why are you so biased against people? If a team is not "doing ok" then does it deserved to be hammered? Are you saying what the CCs done to the PEACE is fun? I beg to differ. I rather think sportsmanship would mean they do not have to insist on eradicating PEACE, like Impaler suggested.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 13:35   #62
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 18:45
They never said they were too good for 'poly. But they clearly think so, since they never post here or take part in the RP. It was a last minute desiscion to allow a team from CGN to participate, and it was a very close vote too. Unfortunately it went, in retrospect, the wrong way.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 18, 2004, 13:39   #63
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Talking about who is playing for win, you can't cover your ears and eyes and pretend you don't see who is there playing for win can you? Who is the one who would go so far as to pretend to be member of another team simply to gain information? Who is the one who tried to manipulate us through so called "moles"? Who is the one who will not let PEACE go without concerns to other people's feeling simply to make their points? Who is the one brags about their mighty power and says he will simply quit if he might lose? I'm sure the majority of the CCs are not that way. Drogue, Impaler, GeoModders, I see many people that are not simply playing for win. The Drones are simply quietly playing their games as good as they could. What is wrong with that? They enjoy the fun of playing a good game and they have not acted like they would do all things no matter if they are honorable or not as long as it can help them to win. Why would that make them on your bad side?

I could understand the frustrations from Maniac and others. It doesn't feel good when you are beaten even after you put in so much effort. I have experienced similar feelings upon my failures to protect the peace. And I'm sure the feelings will be much stronger if it is about the entire game. But I don't take those feelings into personal relationship. They did the most prudent thing. I didn't do as good. I have to accept that. I also understand their taking this as personal. They are only kids. Some of them haven't even started college yet. I try to think from their perspective and try to offer whatever I could to make them feeling less hurt.

What I don't understand, is why you are so prejudiced against people.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 13:44   #64
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Ok, imagine you are the CyCon.

You open the turn and find that the Drones have attacked you without warning or reson.

How do you feel?

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 14:07   #65
Snowflake
Princess

I feel they have played a good game and I would try to fight back as best as I can. What is so hard on that? I would perhaps feel bad too because I should have been able to see it coming but I didn't. I'll put a note to myself that I learnt a new thing.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 14:08   #66
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
They never said they were too good for 'poly. But they clearly think so, since they never post here or take part in the RP. It was a last minute desiscion to allow a team from CGN to participate, and it was a very close vote too. Unfortunately it went, in retrospect, the wrong way.

-Jam
This is not the first time interforum teams have been interacting in a game. What is so bad about that?

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 14:20   #67
Jamski
Deity

They haven't been interacting, that's what's wrong. Buster is basically playing a PBEM.

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 14:27   #68
Snowflake
Princess

We allow people to have different personality. Why can't we allow teams to have different personality?

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 15:02   #69
Jamski
Deity

Different personality is fine. No personality is not. It would be a travesty if the only non-democratic-non-poly-non-team won as best team in an Apolyton democracy team game.

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 15:07   #70
Snowflake
Princess

If you want we can fight them over when all the else is settled and prove that you are better than them. But perhaps you are afraid that they ARE the best team.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 15:09   #71
Jamski
Deity

(They're not a team, but...) Yes, they probably are the best team, and it will take all the other teams working at 100% to have a even chance of beating them. They're that good.

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 18:30   #72
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 11:45
I like and approve the speech. I have nothing more to add, Comrade Arnelos has said it all much better than most of us could have, excellent work.
Old March 18, 2004, 18:33   #73
Jamski
Deity

Silly Chairman. We're not even making this speech now, are we? I suppose we could change the word Drones for the word CPU every time it appears.

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 18:48   #74
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Quote:
Silly Chairman. We're not even making this speech now, are we? I suppose we could change the word Drones for the word CPU every time it appears.

-Jam
Alas dear Jamski others do not seem to agree with you.
Old March 18, 2004, 19:12   #75
Jamski
Deity

Why do you persist in trying to bring this game to an end? Do you not enjoy it?

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 19:21   #76
Voltaire
King

Quote:
Why do you persist in trying to bring this game to an end? Do you not enjoy it?

-Jam
I'm all for continuing to play the game, this is what we're doing at the moment. It is your dear friends in the CPU who are threatening to put an end to it.
Old March 18, 2004, 19:32   #77
Jamski
Deity

No. It is YOU and your "supporters" who, knowing the consequences, choose to end the game by attacking CPU.

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 19:37   #78
Voltaire
King

Quote:
No. It is YOU and your "supporters" who, knowing the consequences, choose to end the game by attacking CPU.

-Jam
And the CPU who threaten to end the game if we attack. The game must end sometime anyway.
Old March 18, 2004, 19:47   #79
Jamski
Deity

In a glorious joint victory by us, CPU and PEACE after a long fought fairly balanced war vs the Drones. Or a loss of the same war would be equally satisfying from a gaming perspective.

There's no fun or satisfaction in a massively unfair fight.

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 21:08   #80
Voltaire
King

Quote:
In a glorious joint victory by us, CPU and PEACE after a long fought fairly balanced war vs the Drones. Or a loss of the same war would be equally satisfying from a gaming perspective.

There's no fun or satisfaction in a massively unfair fight.

-Jam
We disagree on this point, the only battles one should fight are those where victory is guaranteed.
Old March 18, 2004, 22:59   #81
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 13:45
Posting...
Old March 18, 2004, 23:11   #82
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

The Address has been delivered. The planet is now aware of our intentions.

The time for discussing which teams we shall fight and which we shall not is over. Now is the time to fight, in partnership with our chosen allies, until victory is achieved or until we and our allies are defeated.
Old March 18, 2004, 23:15   #83
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
The Address has been delivered. The planet is now aware of our intentions.

The time for discussing which teams we shall fight and which we shall not is over. Now is the time to fight, in partnership with our chosen allies, until victory is achieved or until we and our allies are defeated.

Good.

Mead