Old March 5, 2004, 02:42   #1
Rubin
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer

Local Time: 20:45
Local Date: November 2, 2010
CMC: Military Information Request, M.Y. 2158
Fellow Comrades, in order to assess our military potential and put forward a set of military options I need a briefing on several issues:

(1) What specific military assistance (immediate and future) has Foreman buster requested from the Hive?
We need to know the general composition of the Free Drones' forces in order to maximize our own (and mutual) potential. To this, I am unaware of the existance of any specific requests in the coming aggression against the University. This issue relies mainly on which military units we are supposed to have ready for this conflict--not the tactical battleplans.

(2) How much of hivean production capacity is to be allocated towards military production and recruitment during the next decade?
The Hive is currently allocating 90-100% resources to facilitate considerable military production and recruitment. Other matters may be important too in the near future. To this, I need to know the general resource allocation plan (specifically with regards to military initiatives). In other words, I need to know how much production capacity is available for military purposes the next 10-15 years.

(3) Which major immediate and future objectives are to be achieved by military means?
Depending on the general hivean agenda our military may be assigned different tasks, e.g. homeland defense, territorial patrols, surgical strikes on key enemy settlements, invasion, drone control, etc., etc. The current agenda is somewhat unclear to me.

Based on the information I hope to retrieve I shall conduct a survey on the specific military options emerging--and proceed accordingly. Thank you.

Comrade Rubin
Chairman of the Central Military Committee
Old March 5, 2004, 12:24   #2
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 11:45
(1) For this I recommend that we speak to the Drones themselves, I do not believe that we have a formal military agreement, but rather our cooperation is more informal than that;

(2) The CCC would not be opposed to keeping the current military allocation of 90-100% for the time being; in other words whatever is necessary for victory. Since we are now in war I suggest that all production focus on military matters, though there are necessities which we cannot avoid, the remained of our production capacity should be used for our military production. After we have built up a decent military force then we should start scaling back military production;

(3) IMO homeland defense should be paramount, we need to place ourselves beyond defeat before we strike the enemy; the current military objectives of the Hive Armed Forces is the conquest of the University and the CyCon. The CCC will give the CMC full discretion as to how to achieve this specific goal, therefore it is up to the discretion of the CMC.
Old March 5, 2004, 17:13   #3
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 20:45
(3) dont forget the angels.

and i think the reasors allocation should remain the same for at least next 10 years.
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)