Old March 5, 2004, 10:43   #1
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 12:45
Local Date: November 2, 2010
CC's betrayed us
I've received information from the PEACE that the colony pod Hive coastle guard picked up has been destroyed by the CCs. We are too naive to trust them when they promise they did not have any ill intention and the probe ship was going to infiltrate Roze. I'm deeply sorry that I made the wrong decision, which has costed innocent people's life.

I have decided to resign from the postion of turn player. My inexperiences in war time and my trusting nature has proved to be not sufficient to deal with the sneakiness of the CPU.

My last recommendation is to declare vendatta against the CPU and to do what we can to save PEACE.

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; March 5, 2004 at 12:09.
Old March 5, 2004, 11:02   #2
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Sorry wrong forum.

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; March 5, 2004 at 12:00.
Old March 5, 2004, 11:32   #3
Brundlefly
Prince

Local Time: 14:45
Use the penetrator! Roze needs some good penetration!
Old March 5, 2004, 11:58   #4
jtsisyoda
ACDG The Free DronesAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Morgan
King

Local Time: 13:45
Wrong forum?
Old March 5, 2004, 11:59   #5
foolish_icarus
ACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsNever Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 11:45
yeah put it in your private forum
Old March 5, 2004, 12:03   #6
Snowflake
Princess

Sorry people. I was out of my mind.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 5, 2004, 13:07   #7
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 18:45
Quote:
My last recommendation is to declare vendatta against the CPU and to do what we can to save PEACE.
HongHu dammit. We have to discuss this and not be pushed into a silly war because of dumb comments in the public forum.

As far as I recall you are not the chairman. Please do not pretend to speak on behalf of the Hive, many of whom wanted to sink that PEACE boat as you well know.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 5, 2004, 13:25   #8
Snowflake
Princess

I hereby issue a public apology to the PEACE on my own behalf.

Dear Jamski I see your point but I will personally push for a war against the CPU just because I feel I'm personally in debt to the PEACE and I feel the CCs have failed my personal trust. I am not afraid of making this public. They can attack us if they like. We have many bases. The Hive will not go down easily. They will have to be prepared for our fight back before they are able to take all of our bases.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 5, 2004, 15:07   #9
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Local Time: 20:45
Another Hive PR stunt? These are quickly getting boring.

- Paul Valery
Old March 5, 2004, 15:12   #10
Snowflake
Princess

No this is for real laurentius. I did not post this in public intentionally. It is not designed for PR. Sorry if it is boring to you.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 5, 2004, 15:25   #11
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Yes Honghu, Hive PR stunts are getting boring. So what are we supposed to say? You obviously have made up your mind about war with us. My opinion is that its most unfortunate and sad, since our factions used to be almost friends.

- Paul Valery
Old March 5, 2004, 16:04   #12
Snowflake
Princess

I don't know what you are supposed to say, honestly laurentius. But you are right, whatever you say will not change my mind that I will push for a war against you. Plus I really don't see what you really can say at this moment.

As for friends, yes it is sad indeed.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 5, 2004, 16:06   #13
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Re: CC's betrayed us
Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
I've received information from the PEACE that the colony pod Hive coastle guard picked up has been destroyed by the CCs. We are too naive to trust them when they promise they did not have any ill intention and the probe ship was going to infiltrate Roze.
Just like I told you, the probe skimship has infiltrated the Angel datalinks. And just I like told you, the probe skimship had no ill intentions towards the Hive. Of course the probe skimship had ill intentions towards PEACE, and of course it would aid our war effort against them if possible. So you are wrong to think we have broken your trust - we did exactly what I told you we would do.

Quote:
They can attack us if they like. We have many bases. The Hive will not go down easily. They will have to be prepared for our fight back before they are able to take all of our bases.
As we have repeated a few hundred times, CPU has no intentions to attack the Hive. So either you don't believe us for some reason when we say so, in which case I'd like to know the reason why; or either this is just another PR stunt as laurentius says, in which case I have to agree with him they are getting very boring.
Old March 5, 2004, 16:10   #14
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

eh?

If this happened prior to the cease-fire, as I wager it unfortunately did, then there is not much that can be done.

Mind elaborating on who wanted to sink that ship, Jam? Besides CPU of course

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old March 5, 2004, 16:49   #15
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Re: Re: CC's betrayed us
Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac

Just like I told you, the probe skimship has infiltrated the Angel datalinks. And just I like told you, the probe skimship had no ill intentions towards the Hive. Of course the probe skimship had ill intentions towards PEACE, and of course it would aid our war effort against them if possible. So you are wrong to think we have broken your trust - we did exactly what I told you we would do.

As we have repeated a few hundred times, CPU has no intentions to attack the Hive. So either you don't believe us for some reason when we say so, in which case I'd like to know the reason why; or either this is just another PR stunt as laurentius says, in which case I have to agree with him they are getting very boring.
I might be wronge but I beleave if the probeship had infiltrated angels it would be back to base immidiatly (not able to do anithing afterwards) and if it has acted BEFORE reaching angels then you were actualy NOT doing what you wrote me you'll do.

Even if you were not fully laying you were not telling all true either, which surly makes you untrustable. Taking this in considaration plus the fact that your trying to elliminate PEACE doesnt leave much place for peacefull conclutions...

any way i think peace talking might still be posible.
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old March 5, 2004, 17:29   #16
Snowflake
Princess

They obviously know that the PEACE CP unit is not a military target. They obviously know that that CP unit is picked up by the Hive coastle guard. And we even told everybody that there are Hive civillians in that ship. Did they care? No.

Whether they lied, each can form their own decision.

Good thing I'm not the chairman of the Human Hive. Because if I am, the Hive would already declared war against the CPU. I for one would not watch coldheartedly while they mercilessly murder innocent people from the PEACE and the Hive. You politicians can negotiate all you want.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 5, 2004, 17:50   #17
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 08:45
Comrade HongHu,

What the heck are you talking about? The CPU hasn't done ANYTHING to us, I would say that the colony pod was destroyed by Planet life. Why accuse the CPU of wrongdoing?

Hell, if they can attack PEACE, what makes you think that they can't attack us?

I would petition that this "incident" is nothing more than an attack by mindworms or some other crap.

We should talk about your "recommendation" in the private forum and how it's friggin nuts.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old March 5, 2004, 17:57   #18
Snowflake
Princess

Ok Comrade Frankychan.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 5, 2004, 18:31   #19
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
They obviously know that the PEACE CP unit is not a military target. They obviously know that that CP unit is picked up by the Hive coastle guard. And we even told everybody that there are Hive civillians in that ship. Did they care? No.
Dear Ambassador HongHu

As present military commander of CPU, it is my intention to avoid civilian casualties at any cost. I want to assure you hereby those people you think are dead are merely taking prison for the time being, and being cared of as prisoners of war deserve. I honestly hope that diplomaty can find a way out of this mess, but as a soldier, I must carry out the orders of CPU council or be expelled out of my society.

Greetings

Geo Beta-2, Military Affairs Function, CPU

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 5, 2004, 18:42   #20
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

well...i cant speak for all hive, but...would return this CP to PEACE as an act of conciliation through the Hive?
"Some one told me former operators are not supposed to think much, that's good. I think that was the reason I took this job, ha, that and of course the fact the commissar said so." -t_ras: life through the former operators eye :)
Old March 5, 2004, 18:46   #21
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Comrade HongHu,

First, try to take this into perspective. Are you suspicious of the CPU and accusing them of something they may have not done?

Secondly, this is a Vendetta, not a happy-cake picnic. S*** happens. Is the CPU attacking US? If they haven't touched our units, I don't see what the problem is. So long as they respect our units and territory, then we should respect theirs.

Don't get all frazzled, Comrade. So long as our sovereignty is protected and respected, then things should be fine.
Old March 5, 2004, 19:03   #22
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Re: Re: Re: CC's betrayed us
t_ras:
Quote:
Originally posted by t_ras
I might be wronge but I beleave if the probeship had infiltrated angels it would be back to base immidiatly (not able to do anithing afterwards) and if it has acted BEFORE reaching angels then you were actualy NOT doing what you wrote me you'll do.
I don't see why that is so.
But anyway, I should clarify that that message was sent to you IIRC a few days before I first opened the CyCon turn and noticed the colony pod. In the time between sending that message and us noticing the PEACE CP, the Hive made the ridiculous demand of returning all liberated bases of PEACE, which gave many of us the impression that the Hive had already decided to go war, and that the Council motion was just some justification for what you were going to do no matter what anyway. So to summarize:
1> The decision to take over control of the CP was taken days after the message was sent, thus we were telling the full truth in that message at that time, and
2> The Hivean uncompromising and hostile attitude in the Council at that time did not make us very keen on informing you of our new plans.

Quote:
any way i think peace talking might still be posible.
I certainly hope so.

HongHu:

Quote:
They obviously know that that CP unit is picked up by the Hive coastle guard. And we even told everybody that there are Hive civillians in that ship. Did they care? No.
Where did you tell that? If it's in the Council thread, please forgive me: I have only read part of all the garbage that's written there. Or it this just again some moralist crap you're inventing right on the spot to justify what you intend to do no matter what anyway? In that case I would ask again: please stop with it. It's getting boring.

GeoModder:

You're ruining our next sensational 3D article! Those people were not taken prisoners, remember!
Old March 5, 2004, 19:16   #23
Snowflake
Princess

Didn't you read Pravda? I don't invent things. I react to incidents that happen, according to my principles. I see one faction goes to extreme (perhaps even had to perform a reload) to destroy another faction, even after received opposing messages from other factions. I became angry and I got carried away. As for justifying, I'm sorry to say what you have done and said have more than justified any possible action against you.

I will stop arguing here. Not so much because your precious CC nonhuman brains are feeling bored, but because my teamates have persuaded me.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 5, 2004, 19:22   #24
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 04:45
Local Date: November 3, 2010
A probe foil will buy not destory a colony pod, so technically the peace refugues were either paid off or assimulated.

Just curious has anyone actually checked the coordinates on that netural zone Maniac proposed. And does it mean that they're not allowed to plant the colony pod since I think the refugees are fairly close to the hive?
Old March 5, 2004, 19:24   #25
t_ras
ACDG The Human Hive
King

Re: Re: Re: Re: CC's betrayed us
Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac

I don't see why that is so.
But anyway, I should clarify that that message was sent to you IIRC a few days before I first opened the CyCon turn and noticed the colony pod. In the time between sending that message and us noticing the PEACE CP, the Hive made the ridiculous demand of returning all liberated bases of PEACE, which gave many of us the impression that the Hive had already decided to go war, and that the Council motion was just some justification for what you were going to do no matter what anyway. So to summarize:
1> The decision to take over control of the CP was taken days after the message was sent, thus we were telling the full truth in that message at that time, and
2> The Hivean uncompromising and hostile attitude in the Council at that time did not make us very keen on informing you of our new plans.
well, i oviusly wouldnt be posting this if we already had decide on war...

but us hunghu sayd, better leave this rgument naw...
Old March 5, 2004, 19:45   #26
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 18:45
Quote:
Mind elaborating on who wanted to sink that ship, Jam? Besides CPU of course
The CP ship? About half the Hive. As for the probe ship its pretty clear who wants to sink that.

/me looks at HongHu *

For some reason the "war faction" in the Hive is trying to force a war with all these crazy PR stunts, like I think this thread is.

HongHu is not, and never will be the chairman of the Hive.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 5, 2004, 20:13   #27
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Kody
A probe foil will buy not destory a colony pod, so technically the peace refugues were either paid off or assimulated.

Just curious has anyone actually checked the coordinates on that netural zone Maniac proposed. And does it mean that they're not allowed to plant the colony pod since I think the refugees are fairly close to the hive?
I'm sure you already checked all possibilities you brought forward here and still keeping a few in your pocket for later use...

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 5, 2004, 20:16   #28
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Didn't you read Pravda? I don't invent things. I react to incidents that happen, according to my principles.
Well, in that case, simply transmit the names of the missing sailors, and we'll look out for them. But please do understand that CPU military personnel has never encountered Hive military personnel before, so they can't tell a Hive uniform from some PEACE extravagant outfit.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 5, 2004, 20:27   #29
Frankychan
King

You sayin' we skimp on our fashion-sense?
Old March 5, 2004, 21:10   #30
Maniac

Quote:
As for justifying, I'm sorry to say what you have done and said have more than justified any possible action against you.
What the... For the umpteenth time, what have we supposedly done or said against the Hive that makes you think CPU is aggressive?? I offer a PUT-Hive pact and a trade of technologies, and the next PM I get back the Hive cancels the CyCon-Hive pact, trades techs with our enemy, lies about it, demands the return of all bases to PEACE, and so on. And then you call *US* aggressive?? The worst is this doesn't seem to be just some silly roleplay; you actually seem to believe what you're saying. I'm sorry, but this really makes me

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Kody
Quote:
HongHu dismissed that proposal. However the proposal is of course still open and CPU is willing to live by it and withdraw all offending forces if we can all reach an agreement.

Btw, shouldn't we all move to the Hive-CC commlink forum? Kody and I are feeling so alone there.