Old March 6, 2004, 01:04   #1
Rubin
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer

Local Time: 20:48
Local Date: November 2, 2010
CMC: Foreign Relations, Diplomatic Military Advisor Needed
Fellow Comrades, to aid our military planning and efforts the Central Military Committee needs coordination and information regarding our foreign relations affairs.

The Central Military Committee cannot operate without diplomatic intelligence information and updates on current diplomatic stances; areas to which I have limited access. My concern is if the Central Military Committe should issue orders that would directly interfere with the hivean diplomatic agenda--or put our society at great risk due to inadequate hivean defenses in areas co-defended by our allies.

An official CMC Ambassador is hereby requested.

Comrade Rubin
Chairman of the Central Military Committee
Old March 6, 2004, 02:37   #2
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 12:48
Comrade Rubin, as the somewhat official chief ambassador (I really don't know what I do around here ), I try to periodically update this thread,, containing summary of our relations with the other factions.
Old March 6, 2004, 16:55   #3
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

If no other comrades are up to this job then I would be delighted to help. Please specify what exactly do you expect from the CMC Ambassador.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 7, 2004, 01:07   #4
Rubin
staff

Comrade HongHu, the CMC Ambassador is to update the Central Military Committee on the military disposition and military strategies of our allies. On major issues the Central Military Committee is to be directly involved, otherwise the CMC Ambassador may file a very brief yearly report on our allies' requests and immediate battleplans.

In addition, the CMC Ambassador acts as the hivean military representative in foreign embassies, thereby informing our allies of hivean military strategies that our allies are to take into consideration when conducting warfare; be it offensive or defensive. Based upon the current diplomatic situation the CMC Ambassador is responsible for deciding which military agendas are safe to share and which are classified.

An immediate task would be to discuss with the Free Drones how the University settlements are to be divided and defended. Additionally, the Central Military Committee needs to know if Foreman buster plans on advancing further westward and launching an offensive against the CyCon from the northeast--and if hivean military should engage in direct support. This has obvious impacts on hivean military options, especially considering the strategic value of invading the Data Angels' territory.

Finally, the CMC Ambassador is expected to focus on diplomatic issues and coordination of military planning. The exact current size, composition and location of allied forces are of less importance.

Comrade Rubin
Old March 7, 2004, 01:59   #5
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Based on the job description I have an impression that Comrade Mead may be better suited than I am for he will be the main turn player. I would like to ask if Comrade Mead would like to serve as this capacity. If he declines then I will do it.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 7, 2004, 19:48   #6
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 13:48
Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Based on the job description I have an impression that Comrade Mead may be better suited than I am for he will be the main turn player. I would like to ask if Comrade Mead would like to serve as this capacity. If he declines then I will do it.
I am willing.

I request that Hong Hu or someone else equally experienced review my turn, prior to my pressing End Turn and posting it on the Turn Thread.

Mead
Old March 8, 2004, 05:25   #7
Rubin
staff

Good news, Comrade Ambassador Mead! I'll look forward to your first report to the Central Military Committee; especially regarding the Free Drones and PEACE.

As you already know, we need to decide upon a division of University territory and settlements. I am sure the Free Drones have preferences we need to consider.

Please, also consider presenting the Central Military Committee any diplomatic issues that you may find of importance to our military strategy.

Feel free to extend the hivean military impact to our foreign embassies.

Comrade Rubin
Old March 8, 2004, 12:37   #8
Snowflake
Princess

We need to send a representative to attend the PEACE CPU negotiation.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 8, 2004, 13:32   #9
Rubin
staff

Comrade HongHu, what are you talking about? If this is a matter for the Central Military Committe send our new CMC Ambassador.
Old March 8, 2004, 14:27   #10
Snowflake
Princess

In here and later posts they are talking about settlement talks. I am not sure though if they only wanted Peace and CPU representatives or if they want the other factions to be there too.

Grapefruit Garden