Old March 6, 2004, 23:21   #31
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 12:49
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Plato, Bush is a rareity among politicians, a man of his word.
I'd fall off my chair and cough out all of my internal organs while laughing.

But you're serious.
Old March 7, 2004, 00:15   #32
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Local Time: 14:49
Quote:
I can think of no major policy where Bush said he would do one thing and then did another.
You already mentioned 'nation building'. Hell, he campaigned against it and is doing MORE national building that Clinton ever dreamed of!

He campaigned that he would cut government waste and spending, and the budget has careened out of control! I don't know how a 'real' Republican can say Bush never lied to us!
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old March 7, 2004, 00:16   #33
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 15:49
But Imran, a question, are you going to vote for Bush or *gasp* Kerry?
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old March 7, 2004, 00:18   #34
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 13:49
Kerry. Haven't you been paying attention?
Blackwidow24 and FemmeAdonis fan club
Old March 7, 2004, 00:20   #35
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by DinoDoc
No.. I haven't been following up lately.

That's stupid. Kerry means even larger government.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old March 7, 2004, 00:26   #36
mrmitchell
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayCall to Power Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamNationStatesPtWDG2 Tabemono
King

Local Time: 12:49
Quote:
Bush = even larger government
Kerry = even larger government

Bush = increase spending, lower taxes, and the tooth fairy will come in and give us the difference
Kerry = increase home spending where we need it instead of blowing $87B on foreign hellholes
Old March 7, 2004, 00:29   #37
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by mrmitchell
Bush = increase spending, lower taxes, and the tooth fairy will come in and give us the difference
Kerry = increase home spending where we need it instead of blowing $87B on foreign hellholes
That's stupid. Kerry means higher taxes and suffering for the entire middle class. Kerry means a flip-flop of opinion every two weeks, and an overall weak commander in chief. Is this really a man you trust with the world's most powerful military, considering his anti-military voting record? He reminds me of Walter Mondale or even Dukakis.
Old March 7, 2004, 01:01   #38
Q Classic
Emperor

bush is a liar. he's about as honest as nixon. the only thing he has going for him is consistency.

once he says one thing, he doesn't deviate from it, no matter how wrong it is, like "you see, when we're talking about war, we're really talking about peace."

so bush is a consistent liar.

kerry, on the other hand, is a liar with no consistency.

so really, when it comes to things they both say, it's a tough choice between something with a lot of consistency, like really stinky, constipated rabbit dropping turds, or something with no consistency, like the non-oral excrement arising from the norwalk virus.

your choice.
Old March 7, 2004, 01:03   #39
Imran Siddiqui
staff

Quote:
Yep... first Democrat I'll ever vote for (though I haven't been able to vote for Zell Miller in GA, but I would have ).
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
Old March 7, 2004, 01:07   #40
DinoDoc
Civilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Quote:
(though I haven't been able to vote for Zell Miller in GA, but I would have ).
Zell endorsed Bush.
Old March 7, 2004, 01:09   #41
Imran Siddiqui
staff

BFD. Endorsements are as important as tits on a boar (to quote Slowwhand).
Old March 7, 2004, 01:26   #42
Q Classic
Emperor

i liked zell miller as governor, and i voted him as senator. what he's done during his term, i've got mixed opinions on, but i don't mind.

it's saxby chambliss that i can't stand.
Old March 7, 2004, 03:14   #43
CharlesBHoff
Prince

Local Time: 18:49
Quote:
Originally posted by Giancarlo

Bushwatch.com? I'd find more credibility at TheOnion.com.

Kerry flip-flops all the time. At least Bush doesn't. Lets face it, both are anti-gay marriage. That's a fact. I am voting on honesty and national security, and in my opinion Bush far wins that one.
The flip=flops issue is than GOP smear tactic. First people have than right to change their mind on issues. It people didnot change they mind there would be no prossive at all. New facts can lead than legimate polcymaker to change his mind.

I look at Hannely new book where he attack the UN as being anti-demoncary as some member have dictorship and Islamic Government which America doesnot like. The UN was never meant to be than demoncary inst, it was mean to be than orginate of Nation with different forms of government. Hannely is so proBush that it make
him supity.

Than case in which change mind is good over two year old I have major surgical done. The doc first though I have colon cancer than they where going to remove it by the new methord of the tude up the rearend. I was only able to drink 1 glass of the thing to clean out your colon, as that one glass filled me up.
They took more x-ray with the specist looking at it right away. They found I have than slowly leakly apent which inflame and infect half of my large colon. They dump some electic surgery case off the list later on in the day so they can do it the old fashion way. By following your logic I should change doc because they flip-flop in they
medicate opion.
Old March 7, 2004, 04:17   #44
Ned
King

Local Time: 10:49
Quote:
But Imran, a question, are you going to vote for Bush or *gasp* Kerry?
Giancarlo, Imran has lost his ability to think clearly.
Old March 7, 2004, 04:18   #45
Ned
King

Quote:

No.. I haven't been following up lately.

Not only that. He is a purebred anti-American.
Old March 7, 2004, 04:19   #46
Ned
King

Quote:
Originally posted by mrmitchell

Bush = even larger government
Kerry = even larger government

The one thing Kerry guarantees is that he will raise taxes. He does not promise to reduce spending.
Old March 7, 2004, 04:20   #47
Q Classic
Emperor

i love the charge "he's anti-american" used by people who are on the right in regards to people who might disagree with them.
Old March 7, 2004, 04:22   #48
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 02:49
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Ned
Not only that. He is a purebred anti-American.
Haven't we been through this before and found no evidence for this smear?
Old March 7, 2004, 04:25   #49
Ned
King

Quote:
Originally posted by CharlesBHoff

The flip=flops issue is than GOP smear tactic. First people have than right to change their mind on issues. It people didnot change they mind there would be no prossive at all. New facts can lead than legimate polcymaker to change his mind.
The NYTimes is a right wing defamation rag? Really??

Even if people have a right to change their minds, we expect a leader to choose a proper course and fight, and fight hard for his ideas.

One does not expect a leader to change his views every two weeks, or to tell every audience what they want to hear only to lie to the next audience that what he just said never happened.

The audacity of Kerry's lies is amazing. He must think everyone is stupid -- or a liberal fellow-traveller who will "ignore" the fact that he is speaking out of both sides of his mouth.
Old March 7, 2004, 04:27   #50
Ned
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Q Cubed
i love the charge "he's anti-american" used by people who are on the right in regards to people who might disagree with them.
I charge Kerry with being anti-American because of what he did and said in 1970-71.
Old March 7, 2004, 04:29   #51
monkspider
Civilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
King

Wow, Imran is voting for Kerry?!?!

I never would have seen that coming. It's great to see that more and more people are slowing waking up. I've always loved Imran, but I used to think of him as really one of more of our more biased right-wing types. It fills me with hope that, despite past ideological biases, perhaps more people can learn to view things as objectively as he has.
Old March 7, 2004, 04:29   #52
Ned
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Urban Ranger

Haven't we been through this before and found no evidence for this smear?
Urban Ranger, you are not an American who was there during the Vietnam War. You have no idea just how much I hate Kerry and how much many Americans of my era hate him.
Old March 7, 2004, 04:31   #53
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by monkspider

I never would have seen that coming. It's great to see that more and more people are slowing waking up. I've always loved Imran, but I used to think of him as really one of more of our more biased right-wing types. It fills me with hope that, despite past ideological biases, perhaps more people can learn to view things as objectively as he has.
Wake up and don't vote for the great anti-american. Rather Imran has fallen into a trap of the weak evil leftist forces in this country, that are attempting a coup d'etat against the government. These evil leftist forces are weak in nature and will collapse on their own sense of stupidity and impotence.
Old March 7, 2004, 04:40   #54
monkspider
Civilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
King

Ned,

You're too blinded by hatred to see past the tip of your nose. You are afraid to face your responsibilty to other people, so you have created your own universe to hide in and you lash out at anyone who values love and brotherhood. Just know that your universe is a lonely place, and the sooner you can join the rest of us, the better. You just need to learn to value love more than hatred, and you will have great potential in this life.
Old March 7, 2004, 04:45   #55
MrFun
Emperor

Quote:

Wake up and don't vote for the great anti-american. Rather Imran has fallen into a trap of the weak evil leftist forces in this country, that are attempting a coup d'etat against the government. These evil leftist forces are weak in nature and will collapse on their own sense of stupidity and impotence.

Nice to see that some things never change -- like this kind of crap that you have always managed to post in threads.
Old March 7, 2004, 06:15   #56
oedo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 19:49
Ned, you were in Vietnam?
Old March 7, 2004, 06:23   #57
Giancarlo
King

Quote:

Ned,

You're too blinded by hatred to see past the tip of your nose. You are afraid to face your responsibilty to other people, so you have created your own universe to hide in and you lash out at anyone who values love and brotherhood. Just know that your universe is a lonely place, and the sooner you can join the rest of us, the better. You just need to learn to value love more than hatred, and you will have great potential in this life.
Illogical communism values love and brotherhood? That's laughable at best. Ned is right about one thing... you commies are doomed to failure. You don't want to bring out the potential of people, you want to throw them in great chasms of failure and misery. You value nothing but horror and unjust income redistribution.
Old March 7, 2004, 06:31   #58
DaShi
Emperor

Local Time: 18:49
Yay! Clinton's back!
Old March 7, 2004, 06:46   #59
Monk
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 20:49
While I don't doubt that some politicians have a higher moral character than others, some of you guys are in need of a paradigm shift in your conception of politics. First of all, it should be about the issues much more than the candidates. Secondly, we need to accept that anybody who wants to hold a political office of great importance would have to have stabbed somebody in the back at some point or said one thing and done something else at another time. It's not pretty but it's inevitable because that's the way politics goes and the other side is doing it too.

I think it's tiring how people seemingly want to turn themselves into one-sided characters in every and all political debates around here. I can only imagine Ned's outrage if Bush had been a candidate for the Democrats. So Ned, do you even have a single viewpoint on politics that favours Democrats over Republicans? If yes, why we hear about that for a change? Vice versa, the same could be said for Sava and quite a couple others.
Old March 7, 2004, 06:50   #60
Monk
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 20:49
Quote:

Although I'm not certain how much Imran's support is based on the man himself and how much it's based on his political stances, it gave me some hope to see a 'Poly poster make a choice like that.