Old March 7, 2004, 10:02   #1
Rubin
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer

Local Time: 20:51
Local Date: November 2, 2010
CMC: Battleplans (Discussion)
Fellow Comrades, the Central Military Commitee has initiated the forming of long-term military battleplans.

[I]Internal security suggests direct access to graphical representation.

Data file direct access: (Edit: File removed.)

The idea is to secure the survival of PEACE and locate their new headquartes in the sea north of hivean territory. Given a few resources to initiate the production of battleships PEACE may be able to liberate their sea bases--leaving us to focus on aircraft.

Succeeding the University invasion the Free Drones' combined forces advance further toward CyCon mainland, while our Air Division invades the Data Angels' settlements and prepare for the western CyCon frontline assault. The captured southwestern Data Angel bases are to be heavily fortified in order to withstand any kinds of attacks. Roze's naval bases are to be completely ignored upon invading her lands as long as we prevent them from becoming a threat to our security.

Until we successfully infiltrate the CyCon Datalinks we need to rely on Free Drone intelligence.

The Central Military Committee hopes to receive military feedback and suggestions.

Comrade Rubin
Chairman of the Central Military Committee

Last edited by Rubin; June 17, 2004 at 21:29.
Old March 7, 2004, 10:06   #2
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 13:51
The lined image is broken.
Old March 7, 2004, 10:22   #3
Rubin
staff

Direct access added. Source of problem unknown. Thanks, Comrade Arnelos.
Old March 7, 2004, 22:30   #4
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Just looked at your military plan.

Being a devil's advocate, here are some concerns I'll raise:

#1: Can the Drones take out the University on their own? What advantage would we acrue by concentrating all of the Hive's air power on helping the Drones take over the University rather than tangling with the Data Angels right now? How much faster would the annexation of the University be and what benefits would that offer?

#2: If our forces are being used to help PEACE and take over the Data Angels in the West, what happens if CyCon's forces decide to move the bulk of their forces to engage the Drones in the East and prevent the annexation of the University? What if CyCon writes off the University, but concentrates the bulk of their forces against us and wiping out what's left of PEACE?

#3: What impact would a pact between the Data Angels and CyCon have? (or are they already pacted?)

---------

The other issue is force composition and distribution. What is the force composition of the University's defenses? Of the Drones' attack force? What of the remaining PEACE forces? Of our forces being sent against the Data Angels or the University? What is CyCon's force composition and WHERE are their forces in that large swath of territory?

Since I haven't looked closely at any of the saves yet, if someone can just fill me in on that, that would be great. If we can anticipate what the force composition of our enemy will be and WHERE they will send it, we can plan on that basis both with what to build during the war (based upon our anticipation of what we'll need as reinforcements) and where we should send current forces.

My apologies if that requires you to repeat things already well covered. Being new to the team, I'm not quite caught up on our situation in all aspects, especially where intelligence information on the enemy is concerned.
Old March 8, 2004, 00:13   #5
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

A few notes:

1. I want the hive to have a piece of the Uni Real Estate.

2. By concentrating our forces (Hive and Drone) on one opponent Uni/CyCon we can rapidly overwhelm them before they are able to build and counter.

3. We can take out the Angles as th Uni campain winds down.

4. Peace has no military capability and will likely have very limited capability until the game ends.

5. We should have enough distance for us to take out Uni and prepare any invasion CyCon lunches on our eastern shores before it gets to us in a big enough size to threaten us.

6. My biggest concern on CyCon is that they take the Data Angls territory before us and use it as a base to threaten us.

7. They might get Drop and Choppers in as soon as 2 turns, we must capitalize on the small window of oppurtunity we have now to cripple them before they get MMI.

Mead
Old March 8, 2004, 01:26   #6
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 12:51
Strongly agree to the 6th and 7th point.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 8, 2004, 01:42   #7
Arnelos
Emperor

My concern related to #6 is not so much that the CyCon wll conquer the Data Angels, but give them enough goodies that they can sign a pact with the Angels... with a pact in place, they move their air forces into Angel territory and attack our homeland from the Angel bases.

We need to think about that...
Old March 8, 2004, 06:49   #8
Rubin
staff

Comrade Arnelos, (ad #1) I am uncertain if the Free Drones are capable of dealing with the University without hivean assistance. I have assumed that the annexation of University territory is done by M.Y. 2162 (maybe M.Y. 2163). To this, the Hive is to delay any offensives against the Data Angels; we may, however, prepare for an offensive. The current military planning only allows for limited support to the Free Drones' plans to invade the University. The problem is timing and available hivean military invasion forces. Additionally, I believe the Free Drones are able to aid our defensive measures in former University territory--we should emerge with a few captured University bases and need to allocate military defenses to this region; presumably 10-25% of our available forces by M.Y. 2163.

(Ad #2) It is unlikely that the University campaign will be foiled by CyCon forces. The theoretical possibility has not been considered. Foreman buster is expected to be capable of defending the captured University settlements.

Hivean defenses should be prepared to withstand any CyCon aggression. A frontline west of our territory should be to our advantage--our aerial supremacy considered; and we shall win any attrition wars. In the event that CyCon forces advance toward our eastern borders the Free Drones can advance safely toward CyCon mainland; resulting in lack of CyCon reinforcements in their campaign against he Hive and PEACE. We should emerge victorious!

The Central Military Committee has no information on CyCon forces. University defenses are light and Data Angel defenses medium. Datajack Roze has no significant offensive potential (neither does the University).

Comrade Mead, (ad 1) I believe it inevitable that the Hive will control a few University bases after our combined invasion with the Free Drones. (Ad 3) Once the former University bases are secured we have excellent conditions for directing our offensive against the Data Angels.

(Ad 2 & 6) These are seemingly contradictory initiatives. How and where should we effectively strike CyCon settlements if not via the Data Angels' territory? Of course, we could strike via former University territory but this is currently not recommended for several reasons.

(Ad 4) Do not underestimate the potential of PEACE. Depending on how long we have to prepare for the final capture of the CyCon Prime Function unit, PEACE may be invaluable to our naval capabilities.

Finally, we should discuss whether invading Data Angel settlements is worthwhile--and, if we decide to attack, decide upon the timing of the offensive. I believe our composition of military forces depends on these issues.

The Central Military Committee is generally less concerned about the technological progress of our enemies.

Comrade Rubin
Old March 8, 2004, 08:43   #9
Rubin
staff

In spite of the Central Military Committee still lacking map data information on the Data Angels' territory I'll put forward a tentative suggestion to an invasion.

Graphical representation access: (Edit: File removed.)

The plan is to limit our offensive to a 3 year span and thus requiring a rather large invasion force. The ideal setup is (though less forces could be sufficient):

1st Air Division:
9 heavily armored garrisons
9 Drop class probes
12 Chopper Class bombers

2nd Air Division:
12 heavily armored garrisons
12 Drop class probes
12 Chopper class bombers

The sea base, Atlantisville, is to be ignored and Conshelf57 is presumed captured by PEACE. The plan is rather simple:

1st year:
The 1st Air Division clears Roze Function and and occupies the base. 2nd Air Division tags along.

2nd year:
1st Air Division clears defenders at Shadow Sprawl, Data DeCentral, Googleplex, Coder's Pit; airdrops garrisons and probes to occupy the bases. 2nd Air Division clears and occupies The Sprawl.

3rd year:
2nd Air Division clears and invades Ergonomia, Safe House City, Alphaville, Keypad Grid, Gargoyle Garden and Gibson Base.

Captured coastal bases should emphasize on superior defensive measures.
If we succeed in preventing PEACE from extinction they may seize Atlantisville and thereby capture Datajack Roze and eliminate the Data Angels. A single offensive naval vessel is sufficient.

Comrade Rubin

Last edited by Rubin; June 17, 2004 at 21:32.
Old March 8, 2004, 15:55   #10
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 08:51
I agree with Comrade Mead in that we should have a piece of the Uni pie....we can use those bases as staging area's once the invasion of the CyCon homeland is ready.

My main concern, as pointed out by Comrade Arnelos, is that the CyCon might give the Data Angels enough goodies to actually start threatening us.

But here is where I am really concerned:

Are we capable of launching a campaign against the Data Angels, contribute to the Uni invasion, and repulse any retaliatory attacks by the CyCon?

I would think that we should focus on the CyCon and Uni, while keeping the defensive for the Data Angels.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old March 8, 2004, 21:31   #11
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 08:51
I like how you think, Comrade Rubin.

Hopefully, they can take enough Data Angel bases to start fresh and have their revenge against the CPU menace.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old April 23, 2004, 16:30   #12
Rubin
staff

Comrades, I suggest you once again evaluate the battleplans presented here regarding the Data Angel invasion.

Comrade Rubin
Old April 23, 2004, 21:23   #13
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 11:51
I've taken a look at the plans presented, and first I must say excellent work Comrade Rubin, I am impressed. As for the content of the plans themselves, I cannot say I am a military expert, but the concerns raised by Comrade Mead are valid. We need to reexamine the strategic benefits of a Data Angel invasion as a means to the CyCon versus a direct invasion of the CyCon. IMO both seem to be equal, since the CyCon would get their hands on the Data Angel territory if we attack them through the University front, and we'd have to take them out in Data Angel territory eventually. But if we go the Data Angel route we are taking our forces away from the CyCon.

Regardless, I will back any recommendation the Central Military Committee decides upon.

-Chairman Voltaire
Old April 26, 2004, 12:54   #14
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 12:51
I just looked at the Roze Campain image. Looks great to me. I also compared the military forces we have currently. Looks like the production is match the military need well.

Would it be possible for Comrade Rubin to present a summary of the Fallen Angels Campain progress for each turn? This way people who do not have time to open the save will have a rough idea about what is going on.

Grapefruit Garden