Local Date: November 2, 2010
Who dumped who?
Old March 8, 2004, 01:46   #62
Sava
PolyCast Team
Emperor

Local Time: 13:53
yeah, you shouldn't try to use weed if you are bummed out... it will amplify your emotions. It's best to use it when you are happy. Sorry to hear about your BF Giancarlo... remember, he's one out of like 3 billion dudes in this world.
Old March 8, 2004, 01:47   #63
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Local Time: 11:53
It's ok man, I support your right to not wantto smoke weed, or drink excessively. While I do reccomend the weed, part, I won't tyr to pressure you into it. It would be pretty pathetic htough, if you were peer pressured into doing that by a web forum. So congratulations on having willpower that is above belo average.

p.s. if we talk about weed, and the use thereof here, is that incriminating?
Old March 8, 2004, 01:48   #64
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 12:53
Not in Canada.
Old March 8, 2004, 01:50   #65
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 15:53
Quote:
Originally posted by Asher
Who dumped who?
It was mutual. We just said it wasn't going to work out and we both agreed on it but are agreeing to stay friends.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old March 8, 2004, 01:51   #66
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Actually, just out of curiosity carlo, do you support its leagliztion though? And while I'm on the subject of marijuana legalization let me direct everyone's attention to www.norml.org And ya, what sava said above is totally right.
Good idea seeking a person for your troubles.
Old March 8, 2004, 01:52   #67
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Quote:
Not in Canada.
I've heard that weed itself is somewhat legal in Canada, but then I've also heard hte opposite. Which is true Asher?
Old March 8, 2004, 01:54   #68
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sava
yeah, you shouldn't try to use weed if you are bummed out... it will amplify your emotions. It's best to use it when you are happy. Sorry to hear about your BF Giancarlo... remember, he's one out of like 3 billion dudes in this world.
I'm not using it at all. But thanks for the advice.

Yeah I am going out with this one guy for a coffee just to have a chat. Yeah he's gay and goes to OXY college.

http://www.occidental.edu/

"Actually, just out of curiosity carlo, do you support its leagliztion though? "

No. And the reasons I will not go into right now. I am still for stiffer punishments.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old March 8, 2004, 01:56   #69
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Originally posted by bipolarbear
I've heard that weed itself is somewhat legal in Canada, but then I've also heard hte opposite. Which is true Asher?
It's decriminalized here (though only if possession is < 30 grams). But it's not legal (yet).

It's akin to a traffic fine now more than anything else, but without the demerits...

Quote:
Under the proposed law, which drew fire from Canadian police and antisubstance-abuse groups, a person caught in possession of 15 grams of marijuana — about half an ounce, enough for 15 to 20 joints — or less would recieve a citation equivalent to a parking ticket, with penalties ranging from a verbal warning to a $292 fine for adults who repeatedly offend. Users under 18 years of age would receive lesser penalties but might be required to undergo counseling.

Those caught with 15 to 30 grams could be charged with criminal possession or simply ticketed, according to the discretion of the arresting officer. Possession of more than 30 grams would remain a criminal offense.
Old March 8, 2004, 01:59   #70
Theben
Deity

Local Time: 14:53
Quote:

It's akin to a traffic fine now more than anything else, but without the demerits...
That sounds like a much better idea. Clear out a lot of jail space from casual users being stuffed in prison, less criminal training in jails, and a fine to lower taxes/finance govt to boot.

And I say this as someone who detests pot smokers in general.
I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned
Old March 8, 2004, 02:07   #71
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Honestly, i don't see what the big deal is. Pot doesn't ruin peoplesl ives like other hard drugs do(cocaine, meth, heroine). If someone wants to smoke pot, then why do they need to be arrested? All that they're doing, is having fun. No skin off of your back. It's sorta like gay marriage.

Quote:
It's decriminalized here (though only if possession is < 30 grams). But it's not legal (yet).
Asher, are you implying that there is a big Canadian movement to legalize it? Also, are you allowed to grow it?
Old March 8, 2004, 02:09   #72
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Honestly, i don't see what the big deal is. Pot doesn't ruin peoplesl ives like other hard drugs do(cocaine, meth, heroine). If someone wants to smoke pot, then why do they need to be arrested? All that they're doing, is having fun. No skin off of your back. It's sorta like gay marriage.
No it is not like gay marriage as that is a different issue. That is about two human beings. Not a human being and an illicit drug.

This what I want:

200 grams of marijuana = hanging

Like they do it in Singapore.
Old March 8, 2004, 02:12   #73
Theben
Deity

Re: What is up with me?
You're having an identity crsis, as evidenced by you're inability to settle on an avatar.
I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned
Old March 8, 2004, 02:13   #74
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
This what I want:

200 grams of marijuana = hanging

Like they do it in Singapore.
How the **** can you call yourself a moderate?
Old March 8, 2004, 02:14   #75
Giancarlo
King

Re: Re: What is up with me?
Quote:
Originally posted by Theben
You're having an identity crsis, as evidenced by you're inability to settle on an avatar.
I like this one better. And am Sticking with it.

The other one would make people think I am an old man. I don't want that.
Old March 8, 2004, 02:14   #76
MrFun
Emperor

Local Time: 13:53
Re: Re: What is up with me?
Quote:
Or he could still be in the middle of window shopping for the best choice?
Old March 8, 2004, 02:15   #77
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Asher, are you implying that there is a big Canadian movement to legalize it? Also, are you allowed to grow it?
It's just the trend Canada is having.

Canada legalized medical marijuana a couple years ago, then the government itself started growing marijuana for medical purposes, then marijuana was decriminalized nationwide for <30g possession, and a Canadian Senate committee recommended the government legalize marijuana.

Growth and large possession is still criminal here, unless you have a license for medical distribution.
Old March 8, 2004, 02:15   #78
Giancarlo
King

Quote:

How the **** can you call yourself a moderate?
Look at the propaganda in my signature and try to say I am anything but a moderate. You can't!
Old March 8, 2004, 02:18   #79
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Quote:
Originally posted by Giancarlo
Look at the propaganda in my signature and try to say I am anything but a moderate. You can't!
Gian, you just said people should be HUNG for POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA, when the trend is to go the other way and make it legal.

That is in no way, shape, or form anything close to a moderate position. It's an extreme position.
Old March 8, 2004, 02:20   #80
Giancarlo
King

Quote:

Gian, you just said people should be HUNG for POSSESSION OF MARIJUANA, when the trend is to go the other way and make it legal.

That is in no way, shape, or form anything close to a moderate position. It's an extreme position.
It is the position of many governments and I am siding with these governments on the issue of illegal drugs.

The trend is not going for legalization. Not a chance. At least not in the US.
Old March 8, 2004, 02:22   #81
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Hanging people for marjiuana possession is not a moderate position, Fez...
Old March 8, 2004, 02:22   #82
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Hanging people for marjiuana possession is not a moderate position, Fez...
It is in Singapore.
Old March 8, 2004, 02:24   #83
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Quote:
The other one would make people think I am an old man. I don't want that.
why the hell does that matter online, and especially at apolyton?

Carlo,what if pot were to be as socially acceptablt as drinking, or cigarettes? Would you still advocate hanbging people for it?
Old March 8, 2004, 02:24   #84
bipolarbear
Never Ending Stories
King

Quote:
It is in Singapore.
Do you live in Singapore?
Old March 8, 2004, 02:25   #85
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
why the hell does that matter online, and especially at apolyton?

Carlo,what if pot were to be as socially acceptablt as drinking, or cigarettes? Would you still advocate hanbging people for it?
Well I like this one better.. beside it's cute.

Well that is the thing, pot isn't acceptable therefore we must take a hardline on it.
Old March 8, 2004, 02:26   #86
Theben
Deity

Quote:

It is in Singapore.
There are plenty of places that would hang you for being gay, too.
Old March 8, 2004, 02:26   #87
Giancarlo
King

Quote:

There are plenty of places that would hang you for being gay, too.
But that isn't an issue. We are talking about marijuana.

(You know fellows, I'm not being serious here, I am just doing this to piss you off )
Old March 8, 2004, 02:27   #88
Theben
Deity

Quote:

Well that is the thing, pot isn't acceptable therefore we must take a hardline on it.
Oh ****ing LOVELY... I'll let the others take that one apart...
Old March 8, 2004, 02:29   #89
Giancarlo
King

Quote:

Oh ****ing LOVELY... I'll let the others take that one apart...
This is so funny... I love the reactions you give. This is why I do this.. just to cheer me up.. you know.. apolyton is my drug that cheers me up. Thanks for making my night. Forget chocolate.
Old March 8, 2004, 02:30   #90
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

The problem here, Fez, is historically you have ridiculous, absurd, and obscene positions on many things.

So everyone here takes you seriously when you say stupid things. And most of us think you were still being serious, but just realized how stupid it really was.