Old March 9, 2004, 00:47   #31
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 12:53
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Frankychan is correct. You simply attack and declare vendetta.

Sorry I was replying to your ealier post regarding the speech without realizing there are more posts below. I have edited the post btw.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 9, 2004, 00:49   #32
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 13:53
Quote:
Originally posted by Frankychan
As for the diplomatic victory, I highly doubt that since the Drones and Ourselves are sitting on a very large populace.
Ok, that's the part I didn't know w/o looking at a save. I really need to get SMAX installed on Windows XP drive so I can open these saves.
Old March 9, 2004, 00:49   #33
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Quote:
I don't know, Comrade Mead. I think you simply "break treaty" and it goes straight to Vendetta. That's the only way I can see us going straight to Vendetta.

As for the diplomatic victory, I highly doubt that since the Drones and Ourselves are sitting on a very large populace.
I would like to keep a nice reputation if I could.

Breaking the Treaty with an attack might damage the reputation somewhat. I am willing to do that if i have to, but if I can attack without taking a hit to reputation I would rather do it that way.

Mead
Old March 9, 2004, 00:50   #34
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 08:53
Yay! My comment's aren't falling on deaf ears!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old March 9, 2004, 00:51   #35
Mead
King

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Frankychan is correct. You simply attack and declare vendetta.

Sorry I was replying to your ealier post regarding the speech without realizing there are more posts below. I have edited the post btw.
Thanks.

Into the Breach we go.

I'll log off now.

I'll do the turn then log back on and post the results in Turn 2159 once I'm done.

Mead
Old March 9, 2004, 00:52   #36
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mead
Into the Breach we go.
Old March 9, 2004, 00:54   #37
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Bah, for things like this, I don't think it matters. Seeing as how the CPU's reputation is already in the toilet due to the PEACE debacle. Our reputation won't take a big hit, and we'll still come out the better faction.
Old March 9, 2004, 01:08   #38
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Mead!! Please don't start playing yet!

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 9, 2004, 01:09   #39
Snowflake
Princess

I have checked the turn. We don't have any probe team in position. We cannot take and hold longreach! We cannot risk putting a lot of our forces in a base without one probe! Disband that penetrator and do not start strike until the next turn! Please stop!!!

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 9, 2004, 01:33   #40
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
I have checked the turn. We don't have any probe team in position. We cannot take and hold longreach! We cannot risk putting a lot of our forces in a base without one probe! Disband that penetrator and do not start strike until the next turn! Please stop!!!
This is what I was worrying about, in part (not the probe, I didn't even know about that!)...
Old March 9, 2004, 02:10   #41
Snowflake
Princess

Uni has a fair amount of probes. If we put all of our forces in longreach and do not have some probes in it we are at risk of uni buying the entire force off.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 9, 2004, 03:11   #42
Mead
King

Quote:
Uni has a fair amount of probes. If we put all of our forces in longreach and do not have some probes in it we are at risk of uni buying the entire force off.
Hong Hu

Uni has 8 (0-1-1) probes. They had 10 at the start of the turn. All are discipline morale. None are on speeder chassis.

Five are accounted for in Uni garrisons. Three are not in garrison.

A recon sweep of Uni territory was conducted by Hive Aircraft (needlejet and chopper of all the fungus adjacent to Longreach as well as points around Longreach that were within one turn of Longreach. No Probes (other than the ones destroyed in Longreach and Sunshine) were found.

Our needlejet is parked on the river/road north of Longreach, blockading it.

Mead
Old March 9, 2004, 03:14   #43
Frankychan
King

As I last heard, Uni doesn't have any creds unless the CyCon gives them creds.
Old March 9, 2004, 03:18   #44
Mead
King

Quote:
As I last heard, Uni doesn't have any creds unless the CyCon gives them creds.
Thats right as well.

Although, CyCon could have sent them a boatload for all we know, and Uni could have started to scrap some stuff as well to raise cash.

But, I must admit, I did feel better knowing that they have Zero credits versus 500.

Mead
Old March 9, 2004, 03:23   #45
Frankychan
King

Hmmm,

We should know how the CyCon views the Universities holdings. If they view it as just another part of the CPU, then we're in trouble.

But if they see the Uni as nothing more than a cash cow, to fatten up the CyCon mainland, then I think the chances that the Uni are sitting on an army is rather slim.

I'm hoping the CyCon are siphoning off creds and resources to the CyCon mainland.
Old March 9, 2004, 03:27   #46
Mead
King

Quote:
Hmmm,

We should know how the CyCon views the Universities holdings. If they view it as just another part of the CPU, then we're in trouble.

But if they see the Uni as nothing more than a cash cow, to fatten up the CyCon mainland, then I think the chances that the Uni are sitting on an army is rather slim.

I'm hoping the CyCon are siphoning off creds and resources to the CyCon mainland.

CyCon might be a little upset about us killing their, not Uni's Colony Pod. (The one they stole from Peace on the island southeast of our homeland).

Mead

PS

Everyone let me know what you think of the turn.

What should I change/fix before I hit End Turn and Post it?
Old March 9, 2004, 03:47   #47
Frankychan
King

If this is the case, then it shouldn't be any doubt on our intentions.

From your summary, which I am grateful, I would say that all in all it's not that bad, other than the Conshelf57 debacle.
Old March 9, 2004, 03:54   #48
Mead
King

Quote:
If this is the case, then it shouldn't be any doubt on our intentions.

From your summary, which I am grateful, I would say that all in all it's not that bad, other than the Conshelf57 debacle.

And the odds were in our favor. Go figure. I guess that's war. I just wish we had another unit within range.

I hope Peace can hold out.

Mead
Old March 9, 2004, 04:22   #49
Arnelos
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mead
Thats right as well.

Although, CyCon could have sent them a boatload for all we know, and Uni could have started to scrap some stuff as well to raise cash.

But, I must admit, I did feel better knowing that they have Zero credits versus 500.
99.99% probability that the reason the University has zero credits is that CyCon and the University are swapping all of the University's cash reserves back and forth each turn. By doing so, they ensure that if any bases are taken from either team or probe actions used against them, they have zero credits in treasury and thus nothing to lose. However, since they receive their treasury back as a gift at the start of each turn, they can still pay for any deficit issues (if they have them).

The same exploit exists in Civ3... I know because my team in the PTWDG used it.

I don't even doubt that this is what CyCon/Uni are up to with the 0 credits in the Uni treasury...
Old March 9, 2004, 10:55   #50
Snowflake
Princess

We had zero credit left from last turn also. But this turn we have 178 ecs. Every turn you will be able to generate new ecs, from various venues. I don't know why people would assume uni has no ecs.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 9, 2004, 13:30   #51
Mead
King

[
Quote:

99.99% probability that the reason the University has zero credits is that CyCon and the University are swapping all of the University's cash reserves back and forth each turn. By doing so, they ensure that if any bases are taken from either team or probe actions used against them, they have zero credits in treasury and thus nothing to lose. However, since they receive their treasury back as a gift at the start of each turn, they can still pay for any deficit issues (if they have them).

I don't even doubt that this is what CyCon/Uni are up to with the 0 credits in the Uni treasury...
Yes, I believe you are right.

In any event as Hong Hu notes Uni is earning a lot of cash. Plus they will start scrapping stuff to raise cash.

If I was Uni and had a probe team within range of Longreach I would stop at nothing to raise cash (sell techs to the AI, borrow, etc.)

Mead
Old March 9, 2004, 22:19   #52
Mead
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos

I agree with your assesment.

I also believe Uni's turn is before Cycon's.

There is a chance that CyCon is holding back a bit of cash for other purposes (and Uni will not get all the cash that is sloshing back and forth). Also CyCon said that they had to pay off the Angels last turn to avoid vendetta. I notice that the Angels have a lot of cash ~500 or ~600. So maybe they don't have all that much on hand.

All that being said. It doesn't take that much ECs to buy a base. I think they can raise the required cash.

Things we have in our favor:

1. Right now they don't have the cash (moot point see above);
2. They don't know that we do not have a probe in Longreach. They will have to recon it to find out. I'm not sure they can or will get an aircraft (or other unit) close enough to find out;
3. They may discover Buster's invasion force up north (although it is my hope that our action distacts them and focusses them on us allowing Buster a free pass);
4. None of their probe units are speeders;
5. None were spotted within one movement point of Longreach.
6. We have a needlejet blockading access to Longreach on the river/road north of Longreach.
7. There are no aviation units, either Uni or CyCon, in any of the Uni bases (one new build Uni needlejet (non interceptor) should be ready for use next turn).

Mead