Old March 9, 2004, 09:58   #1
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Local Time: 12:56
Local Date: November 2, 2010
UnO's Office.
Let's clean this thing up a little now, huh?

Keep watching here for article requests.

Contact me for suggestions or offering assistance with The Messenger by posting here, PMing me, or via Email at SirUlias@AOL.com

To get The Messenger Emailed to you each edition, check this thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=110935

Archive
Staff/contributions

• UnOrthOdOx - Founder, Chief Editor
  • Beta - Reporter, Editor

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; April 13, 2004 at 22:52.
UnOrthOdOx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2004, 15:58   #2
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 11:56
Sweet!

I really do look forward to your services!
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2004, 17:16   #3
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 14:56
Paper, Paper, PAPER!!

E_T
E_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2004, 18:15   #4
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Something else to think about... with the new Civgroup news we can publish select bits of information from the paper that don't give away too much information to other teams. That will also sate Mark's desire for news regarding the two IDG's

We just have to be careful what is published to the world.
Rhothaerill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2004, 20:35   #5
Beta
lifer
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 MonkeyC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversCivilization IV PBEMCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeaguePolyCast TeamDiploGamesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG TemplarsC3CDG Team Babylon
Deity

Beta walks into Uno's office and looks around. It is a mess. A veritable pig sty.

You know - this looks like it has the makings of a newspaper.

(please)
Old March 9, 2004, 22:03   #6
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 13:56
Paper! Paper! Paper!
Old March 9, 2004, 22:06   #7
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Toilet Paper! Toilet Paper! Toilet Paper!

But yes, I'd like to see something come out of UnO Publications...
Old March 9, 2004, 22:22   #8
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 20:56
Uno, If you need me, PM me, I'll keep working on the Observer for the PTW ISDG

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Aidun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2004, 22:22   #9
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 13:56
Uno, but how are you going to print your paper without the banana-paper made from the jungle?
Arnelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2004, 22:37   #10
Aidun
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4BtSDG TemplarsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Printing? hah! We'll use stone.

CUT YOU LAZY SLAVE, I SAID CUT!

Aidun
"Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG
Old March 9, 2004, 23:12   #11
UnOrthOdOx
PtWDG2 TabemonoPtWDG Glory of WarApolyton Storywriters' GuildIron CiversApolytoners Hall of FameC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GamePolyCast TeamC4DG The Mercenary TeamC4WDG The Goonies
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Arnelos
Uno, but how are you going to print your paper without the banana-paper made from the jungle?
I'll have to get creative.

Someone suggested cattle chips, then theres Rocky Mountain Oysters...

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 10, 2004, 03:06   #12
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Bat guano also works very well.
Old March 10, 2004, 03:09   #13
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Local Time: 10:56
it will also be a GREAT way to keep an updated history

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
WhiteBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2004, 10:47   #14
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

UnO

Please get ahold of Rush on this subject.

Specifically dovetailing the Newspaper into a start of a history.

Somewhere in the back of my mind I remember something to the effect that rush wants to work on the history of this game.

I just wanted to mention this before I forgot it again.
Old March 10, 2004, 11:46   #15
Aidun
Emperor

He is doing that too for the Monarchist Imperialist team.

Aidun
Old March 13, 2004, 08:58   #16
E_T
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy Game
Emperor

That would be an interesting read, maybe I'll ask him to send me a copy....

E_T
Old March 13, 2004, 10:26   #17
Aidun
Emperor

Then you have to offer him quite some valuable things because in Brittannia he and OPD are the men who stand behind the High King, both in high esteem. A High King has to know how to keep his men satisfied . There is only the son of the former High King who is a bit disgruntled, but his loyalty is, like that of the others, beyond question

Aidun
Old March 14, 2004, 00:04   #18
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Alright folks.

Been a little more busy than expected with some RL things this weekend.

Looking for folks to help ME keep up to date here as well. So, I'll have a first edition up Monday/Teus, and roughly every-other week after that with maybe some special announcements in between for important items.

This works well with my schedule for now as every other week on this schedule will give me 3 day weekends to compile the thing.

So, for the first edition, what stories are needed?

Game kickoff
Paper Foundation
First City
First Govt
Something SPECIAL for the Oracle...
Can I get a volunteer crackpot to explain his research on pottery perhaps?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 14, 2004, 01:37   #19
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

Dominae would probably be best for that. Pottery is obviously the best course, but Dominae explains things better than I ever could.
Rhothaerill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14, 2004, 11:24   #20
E_T
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

I think that by the way that UnOrthO is wording this, that he wants a story with a bit of Humor in it. Something that shows that Pottery is all that it's "cracked" up to be.... You know, something to put a "lid" on this first edition....

E_T
Old March 14, 2004, 12:31   #21
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

I am pressed for time but the essential decision to go pottery was because we have a "high shield start", and because of that we can build an early granary relatively easily.

Hopefully I got that right.

Creative writing is NOT my forte
Old March 14, 2004, 12:49   #22
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by E_T

I think that by the way that UnOrthO is wording this, that he wants a story with a bit of Humor in it. Something that shows that Pottery is all that it's "cracked" up to be.... You know, something to put a "lid" on this first edition....

E_T
Hm, do I see a volunteer?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 16, 2004, 23:05   #23
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

/me is having some connectivity issues with AOL right now,

If I can't get it working well enough tonight, the paper will be posted in the morning.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 16, 2004, 23:30   #24
GodKing
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC3CDG The Lost BoysCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG SarantiumC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Emperor

Thanks. As always, if you need an article or two and have a bit of time, send me an email and I will see what i can do.

As long as I could figure a way to hump myself, I would be OK with that
--Con
GodKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2004, 00:06   #25
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Update to top post, includes archive and subscription info.

Grapevine article requests for next edition (Mar 28):

"Interview" with the three consuls on the founding of the govt and their plans for the future.

Horroscope section from the Oracle, perhaps?

Expose: WHAT is the paper made of?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old March 18, 2004, 06:02   #26
Aidun
Emperor

UnO, for the Oracle, you can meet me in chat.

Aidun
Old March 24, 2004, 00:15   #27
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Messenger Section:

we have a new MoI to celebrate.

I think I'll send a correspondant to meet with him...any takers?

Poll on research: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=111103

Ivory discovered: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=111100

For the Grapevine:
UnO goes on drinking binge: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=110863

For any interested, yes this is actually how my notebook used to look for the Gazette.

From here I make headlines, from them I make the stories.

sad, really.

Aidun, what time would be good for you to chat?

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Last edited by UnOrthOdOx; March 24, 2004 at 00:28.
Old March 29, 2004, 12:49   #28
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Well, you got a look at the notes after all....

Anyway, updated archive.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old April 13, 2004, 22:52   #29
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Updated archive, added Staff section.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby
Old April 30, 2004, 16:34   #30
UnOrthOdOx
Emperor

Announcement:

We at the Messenger apologize for any inconvenience but any maps that were a part of previous Messenger editions have been now disabled in the name of security. fixing them will occur if and when possible.

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby