Old March 9, 2004, 22:06   #1
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 10:58
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Turns 2 - 5, 3900bc - 3750bc
Given that the next few turns will be mostly uneventful, I have created this thread to discuss plans for our next turn, leading up to the turn where we will have our first warrior unit.

We'll use this thread to cover planning, discussion, and results for the next 4 turns.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Togas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9, 2004, 22:12   #2
Kloreep
C3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 13:58
I think the only thing next turn will be ordering the worker to irrigate?
Old March 10, 2004, 02:12   #3
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 18:58
Yep, and of course, pushing that "end turn" button.

At this point, there is only two things to discuss:
1) What to build next.
2) Where to move the warrior when its complete.

1) What to build next.
In a normal SP (or even a non-elimination MPDG), I would have to say worker. But as this is an elimination MPDG, I would have to say a second warrior. Maybe after the second warrior we could go for a worker, but we need to defend our City. As an example, way back in the early days of the PTWDG, Lux Invicta actually had GoW by the balls because we explored to aggressively. Our warrior was out of position and could not get back to our Capital in time. Imperial City could have been razed. Think of the difference that one little fact makes. We NEED to defend our city!

2) Where to move our warrior when complete.
Could even be called "Do we move our warrior when complete." Like I stated above, defense is of the utmost importance. However, this early in the game, we can be assured of the ability to build a second warrior before anyone comes into contact with us with a unit that can attack (there is one team that is expansionist and will therefore have scouts, but I will cover this later). If we are to move him, I would think that moving him 8 (or directly north) would be the best course of action. That will put him in position to climb Mount Olympus to get a great view of the surroundings.

3) What to do with "Roads R Us" when they finish irragating the cow.
Oops. I guess I left this out originally, but it should be discussed, just in case. Hmm.. lets see, move to a tile that we aren't using or road for extra movement and commerce? DUH!!!!
Road.

Furthermore, I think we should beging discussing a settlement plan using what knowledge we have already. I will prepare some graphics for this purpose, but I won't be able to post them until I get home from work.
Donegeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2004, 02:29   #4
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

i am a strong proponent of a second warrior, using the first one to scout immediately. i would recomment scouting north, as the south(west) seems to be a coast.

but thats after the first 4 turns
Old March 10, 2004, 02:43   #5
Donegeal
Emperor

Ugh! This settlement plan is proving more difficult that I thought with our limited knowledge. I have all kinds of ideas running through my head about it, but I think city placement is important enough to have a thread all to its own. Could someone start a thread titled "Early Expansion City Placement issues" for me? Doesn't have to have anything in the first post, I just want a place to write down my thoughts on the subject.
Old March 10, 2004, 05:27   #6
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 03:58
Local Date: November 3, 2010
*bows to Consul Togas

here is the thread you requested Donegeal

Early Expansion City Placement issues
Old March 10, 2004, 06:58   #7
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

I agree with Uber about at least 2 warriors. First one explores, second one defends home and hearth.

We should have pottery by then and have he option to start our granary or we can wait until we have more production.

I'd love to get input on that issue from Dominae in others, but my personal opinion is that we go for the early granary... given the sheer size of the map, it will almost certainly pay off.
Arnelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2004, 11:08   #8
ZargonX
PtWDG LegolandInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 MorganC4DG SarantiumCiv4 SP Democracy GameApolyCon 06 ParticipantsBtS Tri-LeagueApolyton UniversityPtWDG2 TabemonoC4WDG Huygen's Union
Emperor

Local Time: 14:58
Definately a second warrior.
ZargonX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10, 2004, 13:33   #9
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Probably a third warrior too. We're at Emperer level. If we go for an early granary, we'll need the mil police.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old March 10, 2004, 23:28   #10
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Togas
Probably a third warrior too. We're at Emperer level. If we go for an early granary, we'll need the mil police.

--Togas
A very good point, though personally I don't mind using the lux slider all that much at emperor for this purpose.
Old March 11, 2004, 13:44   #11
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

OK so what is the worker going to do?

What is the sequence?

Irrigate/ road?

or road/ irrigate?

The French just passed the save we should be up in a few hours.
Old March 11, 2004, 15:50   #12
Donegeal
Emperor

Now that would be a matter of what do you think is more useful, one extra commerce (made into a single beaker at this point) or a single extra food.

The extra food will translate into a pop 2 city at least one turn earlier, which inresult will mean extra food, shields and commerce.

Irrigate first.
Old March 11, 2004, 16:12   #13
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

irrigate.
Old March 11, 2004, 16:39   #14
Rhothaerill
supporter
C4DG SarantiumPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GamePtWDG2 TabemonoInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton UniversityCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG Euphorica
Emperor

Local Time: 11:58
Irrigation will get our population growing faster. Then road after that.
Rhothaerill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11, 2004, 18:01   #15
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Well irrigate is what I would do first but then I kind of wanted to hear it from you guys

We are going to play the turn as soon as it comes in. Not much to do now until we get that first warrior.

I need the MOD to recommend orders for the first warrior.
Old March 11, 2004, 19:44   #16
Arnelos
Emperor

Irrigate. As long as we get pottery in time to finish the first granary, we'll be fine on the commerce side.
Old March 12, 2004, 00:54   #17
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

this doesn't really belong in this thread, because it's after turn 5 (or, on it?) but i'd strongly recommend going North, North with the warrior, moving on to that mountain.

my reasoning is simple. there appears to be a coast to our south, so thats not that important to explore. moving onto that mountain will give us a large view of what could be very important information. we could figure out how big that desert to our noerthwest is, where these plains go, etc etc.

i was pondering polling what people would say, but unless there is a large amount of ranting about it, i'm going to order north, north.
Old March 12, 2004, 09:56   #18
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

nah thats fine Uber, you can talk about it here, it looks like we are going to talk about the turns in general here until after we get the warrior.

Although you can also discuss this in the war academy thread as well if you prefer.

The Germans passed the save to CDG about 5 or 6 hours ago.

So its CDG, PAL and then us. I dont know how fast CDG will play but my guess is F-P from PAL will play it very quickly after CDG.

So my intent is if we get the save during the day USA time today is to just set the worker to irrigate, and send the save on.

Ill check for Intell and then post it.

In the spirit of trying to get this game moving.

If anyone really wants me to wait until tonight I will do that, just let me know.

Im just going to try and catch the French before they go to bed tonight if possible.

Last edited by conmcb25; March 12, 2004 at 10:03.
conmcb25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12, 2004, 10:00   #19
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

So much for a quick start

CDG has had the save for about 18 hours.

Poor F-P is getting awful antsy at the UN.

Game 2 is on turn THREE already.

If it comes in play it and send it, I may be in chat a little later tonight but right now, Im just leaving work.

Last edited by conmcb25; March 12, 2004 at 21:47.
Old March 12, 2004, 22:37   #20
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Turn was passed to PAL about 30 minutes ago, expect it from F-P shortly.

I may not be home in time for chat, so just play and send it on guys
Old March 12, 2004, 23:59   #21
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

we have it. who's playing it?
Old March 13, 2004, 00:30   #22
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Uber KruX
we have it. who's playing it?
Klo and I just did why weren't you in chat?
Old March 13, 2004, 00:46   #23
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Turn 2 - 3950 BC

Misc
  • Turn played in chat on FRI, March 12 2004, at 0400 GMT by conmcb25 and Kloreep with Arnelos in attendance and sent onto BATROCHOS (French) at 0430 GMT.
Cities
  • First city Apolyton is still there
Research
  • We continue research of Pottery at 100%.
  • Currently at 100% research pottery will be complete in 14 turns
Intelligence
  • "The Warning" founded by PAL this turn
  • "Zarenguya" founded by CGN last turn
  • No city founded by GWT or BAT
  • Approval rating-50%-ranked 1
  • Population-12000-ranked 1
  • GNP 4 million-ranked 2
  • Manufactored Goods-3 megatons-ranked 1
  • Land Area-900 sq miles-ranked 1
  • Literacy-0%-ranked 1
  • Disease-0%-ranked 1
  • Pollution-0%-ranked 1
  • Family Size-1 child-2
  • Military Service-0 yrs-ranked 1
  • Annual Income-1 per capita-ranked 1
  • Productivity-9%-ranked 3
  • Scores: Apoly and CGN 25, all other teams 0.
Worker Force
  • Worker set to irrigate Cows tile.
Complete Results
(posted in the actual order performed during play)
  • Set worker "Roads R Us" to irrigate
  • Checked WF; still set to work cattle tile.
  • Building warrior. Done in 3 turns (with waste of 3 sheilds )
  • 3spt, 2fpt, 4tpt.
  • Science research still on pottery; Slider to 100% science.
-------------------
Notice the international time format, the use of the international standard time "GMT", and the difference between the 'important' events (in bold) and the turn transcript.

Note see previous screen shot, its the same of course and is located in this THREAD

Last edited by conmcb25; March 13, 2004 at 16:43.
Old March 13, 2004, 13:57   #24
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

we just got turn 3 play it foo!
Old March 13, 2004, 16:27   #25
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Uber KruX
we just got turn 3 play it foo!
Working on it
Old March 13, 2004, 16:29   #26
Togas
Emperor

I have sent on the save to BAT. conmcb25 will post the report soon.

As of this moment, all 5 teams have settled.

This turn our only action was to hit the spacebar.

--Togas
Old March 13, 2004, 16:39   #27
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Turn 3 - 3900 BC

Misc
  • Turn played in chat on SAT, March 13 2004, at 2000 GMT by Togas and conmcb25 and sent onto BATROCHOS (French) at 2030 GMT.
Cities
Research/Financial
  • Currently at 100% research pottery will be complete in 13 turns
  • We have 10 gold and are at +0 gpt
Intelligence
  • "Ur" founded by BAT (french) last turn
  • "Tian-Sheg-Di" founded by GWT (germans) last turn
  • Population-14000-ranked 2! DOWN FROM 1
  • GNP 4 million-ranked 3! DOWN FROM 2
  • Literacy-0%-ranked 1
  • Disease-0%-ranked 1
  • Pollution-0%-ranked 1
  • Family Size-1 child-2 (Same as last turn, I forgot to post this)
  • Scores: Apoly and CGN 33, PAL, BAT and GWT have 16.
Worker Force
  • Worker continues to irrigate Cows tile.
Complete Results
  • Set worker "Roads R Us" to irrigate
  • Building warrior. Done in 2 turns (with waste of 3 sheilds )
  • 3spt, 2fpt, 4tpt.
  • Growth at pop 1 is currently in 8 turns
-------------------
Notice the international time format, the use of the international standard time "GMT", and the difference between the 'important' events (in bold) and the turn transcript.

Note see previous screen shot, its the same of course and is located in this THREAD

Last edited by conmcb25; March 13, 2004 at 16:48.
Old March 14, 2004, 13:53   #28
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Save is here and Im going to play it because I have to leave soon and no one other than E_T has been in chat this morning.
Old March 14, 2004, 14:05   #29
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Turn 4 - 3850 BC

Misc
  • Turn played in chat on SUN, March 14 2004, at 1730 GMT by conmcb25 and sent onto BATROCHOS (French) at 1800 GMT. The only other person in chat for the past few hours was E_T and he was asleep!
Cities
Research/Financial
  • Currently at 100% research pottery will be complete in 12 turns
  • We have 10 gold and are at +0 gpt
Intelligence
  • No new cities founded of course
  • Population-16000-ranked
  • GNP 4 million-ranked
  • Literacy-0%-ranked 1
  • Disease-0%-ranked 1
  • Pollution-0%-ranked 1
  • Family Size-1 child-2
  • Scores: Apoly and CGN 37, PAL, BAT and GWT have 25.
Worker Force
  • Worker continues to irrigate Cows tile.
Complete Results
  • "Roads R Us" still irrigating
  • Building warrior. Done in 1 turns (with waste of 3 sheilds )
  • 3spt, 2fpt, 4tpt.
  • Growth at pop 1 is currently in 7 turns
-------------------

OK Next turn we have a warrior. Official MOD orders need to be posted.
Old March 14, 2004, 21:13   #30
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Official MoD orders: move north twice, onto that mountain.