Old April 28, 2004, 07:44   #181
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 04:00
Local Date: November 3, 2010
there is possibly a combination of saves between 1.15 - 1.20 - 1.22 that will upgrade easygoing. it all takes time
Old April 28, 2004, 07:48   #182
Andydog
Civilization IV PBEMIron Civers
Emperor

Local Time: 20:00
Local Date: November 2, 2010
has this been tested by anyone yet?
Old April 28, 2004, 07:48   #183
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Local Time: 15:00
I don't think the saves were even the right year save.
Old April 28, 2004, 07:51   #184
Paddy
Iron CiversApolyton Storywriters' GuildThe Courts of Candle'BreBtS Tri-LeagueC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Blood Oath HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannApolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Andydog
has this been tested by anyone yet?
SmellyMummy has just upgraded another game I am in by following the combination correctly
Old April 28, 2004, 07:56   #185
Andydog
Emperor

great, fingers crossed it will be a reliable procedure. It would be nice to get rid of the dual install.
Old April 28, 2004, 08:02   #186
Paddy
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Andydog
great, fingers crossed it will be a reliable procedure. It would be nice to get rid of the dual install.
That would be so cool
Old April 28, 2004, 11:50   #187
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

here here
still got a few 1.15 games and swapping over to play them is a major pain.
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old April 28, 2004, 14:51   #188
Mickeyj
Civilization III PBEMIron Civers
King

Finally off to shogun must have played those files in 1.22 by mistake>??????????????
Old April 28, 2004, 20:03   #189
Shogun Gunner
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization IV CreatorsC4DG Sarantium
Emperor

Mickeyj,

I can't open the resent Hoth file in either 1.22 or 1.15.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	error.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	70946  
Old April 28, 2004, 22:47   #190
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

Okay...the problem was on my side this time, not Mickeyj.

On my system, if I play a v1.22 game, then I have to restart my computer and then run the v1.15 version in order to load 1.15 games.

If I don't restart, I get that message. Apparently, something is left in memory that is 1.22 specific... (only guessing here)

Anyway, save to Paddy.
Old April 29, 2004, 02:08   #191
Paddy
Prince

onto Chrisius
Old April 29, 2004, 10:48   #192
ChrisiusMaximus
Civilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The HordeC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogCiv4 SP Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireann
Emperor

Back to Andy dog
A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.
Old April 29, 2004, 11:56   #193
Andydog
Emperor

Off to Mickeyj
Old April 29, 2004, 18:21   #194
Mickeyj
King

Ahhh ze probleeeeemmm!

[Edited] Have I mentioned not to trust the CHrisius etter, he attacks (and is still at war) anything that goes!

To shogun.

Last edited by Mickeyj; April 30, 2004 at 06:42.
Old April 29, 2004, 18:54   #195
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Mickey,

what is it that makes you believe you have the right to openly call me a B*st*rd !!??

Im not kidding here you had better edit that post or I WILL REPORT IT !!

I am not prepared to have you or anyother person insult me like that in a post! we are playing a game, in which war is sometimes a part! I have broken no rule have I, so why the insult ?

I was not happy that you made public that we had made contact earlier and you stated you had nothing to trade! then how come next turn when i killed your warrior and settler you suddenly offered me Religion ?

Take it back Mickey!!!
Old April 29, 2004, 22:36   #196
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

save to paddy

We should not insult each other -- unless it's teasing and okay by both sides.

We should stick to the "code of MP conduct" which is on a topped thread in this forum. Perhaps now would be a good time to resolve this current issue by coming to a consensus about what's permitted and what is not.

Just my opinion

If two people are negotiating, one side tells the other players the nature of the negotiations...I don't think that's against the rules. Perhaps it's not wise, but it's the player's discretion. Obviously, others may be leery of making a deal with someone that will leak the details. Strategy and/or style --- player's choice.

What isn't permitted is sharing information that would be impossible for a civ's "tech level" to know. For example, a screen shot of the map emailed to another player when the parties don't have Printing Press yet.

From what I've read above, neither player violated any guidelines.

Last edited by Shogun Gunner; April 29, 2004 at 22:45.
Old April 30, 2004, 00:37   #197
Paddy
Prince

onto Chrisius

--------------

So we look to have a war.

Excellent

--------------

I would encourage some great roleplaying for this conflict - the rest of us would surely love to see the two of you letting us in on battle reports and any diplomacy that takes place.

I really would encourage you not to take a personal shot at this. yeah we are all good people here, enjoying the right of a good game.

Gunner and I are currently role playing a very nasty diplomatic / war situation over on the '2nd Coalition thread'.

In this situation acusations and threats have been thrown as one would expect from the leaders of Nations that feel violated, from positions of strength and authority and also from a position of trying to bluff and blunder...

I reccomend it to you as a great read

Kinda reminds me of Poker

So Gentlemen - I hope you can both raise your hands in friendship

Strength and Honour

Gee I rattle on

must be Friday afternoon, looking for my beers and smoko
Old April 30, 2004, 02:11   #198
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Paddy Shogun, though I would agree with you and especially so from the outside, I am not on the outside of this.

I have no real isuue with Mickey metioning earlier his trade stance, its his choice to be secretive or otherwise, but his choice helped me make my choice.

I chose to declare war as a great opportunity was presented to me, namely a warrior settler combo, alone with one of my veteran Jaguar warrior scouts. It was too hard to resist and the golden age is really helping my cause, the Jags are flying off the production lines
Old April 30, 2004, 02:18   #199
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

**** hit send!

I also would not mind him telling others we are at war if he had contact with them in the game!!!, I dont believe he has contact with you all ?

Even then, a breach such as that would not matter so much, its only a game right.

My issue is with his choice of word to insult me with, think what you will of me I am not fussed but I will not be labelled with that word be it roleplay or direct!!

Intentional or not he has insulted me and I want it edited out as soon as he comes to see the thread. Im sure we all have our limits somewhere in life, well this is one of mine and I wont be altered.

Mickey I want you to edit your post, and please do not use B a s t a r d as a label for me in future.
Old April 30, 2004, 06:41   #200
Mickeyj
King

Maximus my humblest apologies.

You must be a delight to be around.
Old April 30, 2004, 07:19   #201
Andydog
Emperor

Yike! Good grief guys, what’s all this about?

Fellas I know Mickeyj well and can assure everyone he didn’t mean to personally insult Chrisius. This is just his dodgy South African sense of humour (I know it well because I’m a bit dodgy myself ). In that vein, and after knowing the geezer for about 4 years now, I can safely advise you to ignore whatever comes out of his mouth.

In fact, Mickeyj is really nothing but a b*sdard son of a mother f*cking b*tch. Did you guys know that the reason he didn’t play his turns a few nights ago because he was shagg*ing some Kiwi bird who he’d been feeding beer to all evening? Disgraceful isn’t it! Also, once we were in Munich attending the beer festival, and that filthy Mickeyj got attacked by an Italian dude because he grabbed his arse!

So there we go. Mickeyj you dirty South African playboy, now that you’ve apologised to Chrisius and edited the offending post, please confirm that it is in fact you who is the biggest b*stard of them all, so we can all lighten up a bit here!

On a serious note, I’m happy to stick with the code of conduct that is being used for the Iron Civer Tourney. I think this basically means we have to announce all alliances, including tech alliances, and not use the game exploits, right?
Old April 30, 2004, 07:33   #202
Paddy
Prince

indeed
Old April 30, 2004, 07:41   #203
Andydog
Emperor

Then no probs with that whatsoever.
Old April 30, 2004, 18:40   #204
Mickeyj
King

Without prejudice to any parties (Andydog you c*nt) there has been recent legal precedent to cases using explitives. It has recently been held that the use of "b*st*rd" is no longer considered a slur and should not be interpreted as such. Accordingly, I apologise if you miscronstrued my gentle banter for an insult that brought your lineage into question.

Paddy have I called you a t*t letely?

Off to Shogun
Old May 1, 2004, 02:35   #205
Paddy
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Mickeyj

Paddy have I called you a t*t letely?
well not so I have noticed

but over on the 2nd Coalition thread I have called Gunner and his Wttless allie that and some other things lately.

You know, they dare to war on my allies, HA!!!

Their heads in a noose -
Old May 1, 2004, 06:17   #206
ChrisiusMaximus
Emperor

Finally got the save away to Andydog, sorry for the delay folks Ive had problems with hotmail this week.

@ Mickey, for the sake of the game Im willing to forget the B word incident, but I would stress to you and others here I dont like the word at all and dont wish to be labelled with it! I am willing to accept it as your not knowing my feelings this time, and your half apology will suffice

Back in character,
As for the situation in the game, well if you wish for peace then increase your first offer! The Glorious Aztec people lust for the blood of the Celts to offer up to the Gods , have you anything that would make them see otherwise.

Can the rest of us now stop all this banter and focus on the game
Old May 1, 2004, 06:22   #207
Paddy
Prince

what game

I'm here for smoko credits
Old May 1, 2004, 11:59   #208
Mickeyj
King

A Game?

You mean this game?

------>Shogun
Old May 1, 2004, 22:46   #209
Shogun Gunner
Emperor

thanks Mickeyj...

over to Paddy.
Old May 3, 2004, 01:29   #210
Paddy
Prince

onto Chrisius