Old March 10, 2004, 22:20   #31
PLATO
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'BreC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannC3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 14:02
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Giancarlo

Don't give me this religious nonsense.

I have the right to have my beliefs without being intimidated by some urban myth that you fundamentalists are spreading around. I am sure Pat Robertson would agree with you.
Wouldn't you agree that all have a right to their beliefs? To not be "intimidated" then all you have to do is look for a different subject to post on. Aren't you doing the same thing you are accusing others of?
Troll on dope is like a moose on the loose - Grandpa Troll
Old March 10, 2004, 22:21   #32
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Local Time: 13:02
Quote:

For one thing, the Mayans calender ended because it was inadequate and furthermore, the religion under Mayan society was a polytheistic one. So you are using material from a polytheistic religion to prove your case? Very weak strawman argument.
Um, I said the Bible Code predicts it, silly.
"And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
Old March 10, 2004, 22:21   #33
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 16:02
Oh and another problem with the article.. the light generating these images happened perhaps millions of years ago because they are light years away. Ever think of that one, Mr Nice Guy? They probably don't exist as we see them anymore and have changed since light from those regions of space have a lot of space to travel.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old March 10, 2004, 22:22   #34
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 04:02
Local Date: November 3, 2010
His judgement cometh.... and that right soon!!!
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	hisimage.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	66844  
Old March 10, 2004, 22:22   #35
Vanguard
Prince

Local Time: 19:02
Since the world is flat and square according to the inerrent bible, it is impossible for this so-called cross to exist at the center of this so-called galaxy.

Irony Completed.
Old March 10, 2004, 22:23   #36
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

See.. I knew without thinking that Giancarlo would reveal himself.
Old March 10, 2004, 22:23   #37
PLATO
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'BreC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannC3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Emperor

Oh Agathon!

ROFLMAO!!!
Old March 10, 2004, 22:24   #38
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Agathon
See.. I knew without thinking that Giancarlo would reveal himself.
Thanks for that stupid photo. My brother could do a better job with photoshop in five minutes than you could do in six hours.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old March 10, 2004, 22:24   #39
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

I think he looks pretty cool as the Lord of Hosts.

That'll teach him for beating me in the best debater contest.
Old March 10, 2004, 22:25   #40
PLATO
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Vanguard
Since the world is flat and square according to the inerrent bible, it is impossible for this so-called cross to exist at the center of this so-called galaxy.
I am confused? Where does the Bible say the world is flat? I've read it through and don't remember that part.
Old March 10, 2004, 22:25   #41
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Agathon
That'll teach him for beating me in the best debater contest.
I did what? I better check out that thread... lol.
Old March 10, 2004, 22:25   #42
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Quote:

Thanks for that stupid photo. My brother could do a better job with photoshop in five minutes than you could do in six hours.
That's probably true. But you do look cool in that robe.
Old March 10, 2004, 22:25   #43
Lorizael
lifer
NationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 15:02
Quote:
Oh and another problem with the article.. the light generating these images happened perhaps millions of years ago because they are light years away. Ever think of that one, Mr Nice Guy? They probably don't exist as we see them anymore and have changed since light from those regions of space have a lot of space to travel.
Okay Giancarlo, I'm just as non-religious as you are, but this is easy to refute. God did it. It doesn't matter how it was done. God did it. He wanted it to look like that so that it would be seen now, and so it was. Omnipotence doesn't require an explanation.

On the other hand, there are probably a good many other "signs" in the heavens that have to do with non-Christian symbols, so there's really no reason to believe that any of them are true.

Oh wait, probably? What about, say, all the constellations ever seen?
Old March 10, 2004, 22:26   #44
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Don't try and twist things around, Fez. You're just trolling you know.

It's the fact that we can actually see it that matters, not when it occured. Oh, and uh, you think the Almighty cannot circumvent the laws of physics--the One that invented the laws of physics for that matter? Think again. GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!!!
"And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
Old March 10, 2004, 22:27   #45
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Have you heard that they've found Noah's Ark?

It turns out Noah was Steve Jobs' previous life.
Old March 10, 2004, 22:28   #46
PLATO
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Nice Guy
GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!!!
The greatest understatement of all time
Old March 10, 2004, 22:28   #47
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Lorizael

Okay Giancarlo, I'm just as non-religious as you are, but this is easy to refute. God did it. It doesn't matter how it was done. God did it.
I think I just been refuted. *sarcasm* Not.

Quote:
On the other hand, there are probably a good many other "signs" in the heavens that have to do with non-Christian symbols, so there's really no reason to believe that any of them are true.

Oh wait, probably? What about, say, all the constellations ever seen?
Yuppers.

Mr Nice Guy:

Quote:
It's the fact that we can actually see it that matters, not when it occured. Oh, and uh, you think the Almighty cannot circumvent the laws of physics--the One that invented the laws of physics for that matter? Think again. GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!!!
Circular argumentation is not very good. You are wrong about a fact: It takes the light of these nebulas, stars and other thingamajigs in space millions of years to travel (depending on how many light years they are away). So technically I just debunked your argument.

Also prove god.
Old March 10, 2004, 22:31   #48
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

The Christian Proof of God:

God exists.
Therefore, God exists.
Old March 10, 2004, 22:31   #49
Lorizael
lifer
NationStates
Emperor

You're not getting it, Giancarlo. The point is that God could have created these things millions of years ago so that we would see them today.
Old March 10, 2004, 22:31   #50
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Mr Nice Guy:

Circular argumentation is not very good. You are wrong about a fact: It takes the light of these nebulas, stars and other thingamajigs in space millions of years to travel (depending on how many light years they are away). So technically I just debunked your argument.

Also prove god.
No need to answer this one, troll.
Old March 10, 2004, 22:32   #51
JohnT
lifer
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

"GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!!!"

LIKE, TOTALLY, DUDE!!!
Old March 10, 2004, 22:35   #52
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Lorizael
You're not getting it, Giancarlo. The point is that God could have created these things millions of years ago so that we would see them today.
Tough considering you can't prove god. Don't try these strawman arguments: god is there because he just is. The point is it is all beliefs and that is all it is. There is not one shred of evidence for a christian god, therefore I am not going to be duped into believeing a B.S story such as the one "Mr. Nice Guy" posted.
Old March 10, 2004, 22:36   #53
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnT
"GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!!!"

LIKE, TOTALLY, DUDE!!!
Old March 10, 2004, 22:37   #54
Vanguard
Prince

Local Time: 19:02
Quote:
I am confused? Where does the Bible say the world is flat? I've read it through and don't remember that part.
Matthew 4:8

"Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world,"

There are also numerous uses of the phrase "Four Corners of the Earth" and "Ends of the Earth"

Note also:

Ps. 103:12

"As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us."

And the fact that the Sun sets, then "hurries back to its rising point"

Irony Completed.
Old March 10, 2004, 22:37   #55
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:

Tough considering you can't prove god. Don't try these strawman arguments: god is there because he just is. The point is it is all beliefs and that is all it is. There is not one shred of evidence for a christian god, therefore I am not going to be duped into believeing a B.S story such as the one "Mr. Nice Guy" posted.
troll
Old March 10, 2004, 22:37   #56
Giancarlo
King

The christian fascism and the religionists in here are sickening.
Old March 10, 2004, 22:38   #57
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

[fundie]My God could kick your God's ass, and then give your mother the best she's ever had!!!![/fundie]
Old March 10, 2004, 22:40   #58
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
The christian fascism and the religionists in here are sickening.
troll troll troll

can't you say something nice for a change?

I'm not calling you a troll btw, but your last 3 or 4 posts are.
Old March 10, 2004, 22:42   #59
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Nice Guy

troll troll troll

can't you say something nice for a change?

I'm not calling you a troll btw, but your last 3 or 4 posts are.
Yes you are calling me a troll.

I am accusing you of being a christian fascist, I brought into question the whole validity of that garbage you have been posting.

You are nothing but a nut. Kinda like those ones in cults.
Old March 10, 2004, 22:43   #60
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:

Yes you are calling me a troll.

I am accusing you of being a christian fascist, I brought into question the whole validity of that garbage you have been posting.

You are nothing but a nut. Kinda like those ones in cults.
C