Old March 10, 2004, 23:08   #91
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 14:02
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Rabbi:

Quote:
he's a rather ineffectual dolt who lets things run w/o much interference. If things start to go seriously wrong, he just calls Mother in to fix it.
And who would his mother be?
Old March 10, 2004, 23:08   #92
Jesus H. Christ
Settler

Local Time: 19:02
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Nice Guy

Don't try and twist things around, Fez. You're just trolling you know.

It's the fact that we can actually see it that matters, not when it occured. Oh, and uh, you think the Almighty cannot circumvent the laws of physics--the One that invented the laws of physics for that matter? Think again. GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!!!
Actually, he can't. Oh, he can while he's outside the Universes, but once inside any particular Universe he is bound by the physical constraints that govern it. If not, then all would unravel pretty damned quick!
Old March 10, 2004, 23:10   #93
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 04:02
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Jesus H. Christ

Actually, he can't. Oh, he can while he's outside the Universes, but once inside any particular Universe he is bound by the physical constraints that govern it. If not, then all would unravel pretty damned quick!
Old March 10, 2004, 23:10   #94
Jesus H. Christ
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Ben Kenobi
Rabbi:

And who would his mother be?
Oh, no, not my grandmother. My mother. My grandmother slipped into senile dementia about 700 years ago... it's quite sad, really.
Old March 10, 2004, 23:12   #95
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Local Time: 13:02
Quote:
Quote:
"There will be signs in the sun, moon and stars. On the earth, nations will be in anguish and perplexity at the roaring and tossing of the sea. Men will faint from terror, apprehensive of what is coming on the world, for the heavenly bodies will be shaken. At that time they will see the Son of Man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. When these things begin to take place, stand up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near."
Yeah, well that's what we wrote back then. Nowadays it's a little different, you know? Had Dad paid attention to what sort of son he actually had (as opposed to the sort of son he actually wanted) he would've realized that I was totally 100% tempermentally unsuited for either power or glory, rather desiring to spend my time lost in the joys of song. About 500-odd years ago, I finally had a bit of a nervous breakdown about all the pressure I was under... "Come, be born again!" I was asked... "This time they won't kill you... no, this time you'll come in power to judge the living *and* the dead!" they plead... "Look, it's your DESTINY!!" dad thundered.

So I took a powder. Went on a five day bender that had me so far gone that it took another five days just to detox. Had a few meetings with the shrink, who then had to break the news to Dad: I just wasn't cut out for the Godhood racket. Oh, I was OK if I was being sent out as an observer, even a protector, but to be in charge of the whole shebang? Couldn't, wouldn't do it.

So I don't know. I'm supposed to have a second coming to save all the sinners and what-not, but I'm no longer in the biz. So I guess y'all will have to wait. I'm sorry.
You just broke the 2nd commandment.
"And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
Old March 10, 2004, 23:12   #96
MrBaggins
CTP2 Source Code Project
King

Quote:

Everyone matters to God. Everyone can be saved. It's your choice.

Thus I am not.
Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Thus you are.
Old March 10, 2004, 23:13   #97
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBaggins

Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Thus you are.
troll
"And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
Old March 10, 2004, 23:14   #98
PLATO
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'BreC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannC3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Emperor

Interestingly, The statements of non believers are also predicted. The revelation of God is being fulfilled even by this thread.
Troll on dope is like a moose on the loose - Grandpa Troll
Old March 10, 2004, 23:14   #99
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

And the third commandment.
Old March 10, 2004, 23:15   #100
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Rabbi;

Quote:
My mother.
Who is your mother?
Old March 10, 2004, 23:15   #101
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by PLATO
Interestingly, The statements of non believers are also predicted. The revelation of God is being fulfilled even by this thread.
Good point.
Old March 10, 2004, 23:15   #102
PLATO
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'BreC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannC3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBaggins

Thus you are.
gods...yes. God...no.
Troll on dope is like a moose on the loose - Grandpa Troll
Old March 10, 2004, 23:16   #103
MrBaggins
CTP2 Source Code Project
King

Quote:

troll
is that the best you can do?

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue."
Old March 10, 2004, 23:20   #104
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Interestingly enough, those who hate all the bad stuff that is happening in this world are the same people that are causing it, with their sins. And it's not just those that murder; even those that lie, steal, commit adultery, disobey their parents, covet, make idols--it's all a mutual thing. And that includes both Christians and non-Christians alike (none of us deserve to go to heaven, but Jesus died for our sins), but non-Christians even more so than Christians.

But if we were all just like Jesus, as God wants us to be, the world be a much better place to live in.
Old March 10, 2004, 23:21   #105
Jesus H. Christ
Settler

2nd? The real 2nd, i.e., "thou shall not deny reason or logic"? or the false 2nd "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me. "

That second 2nd commandment was written during a period when there was much confusion at the Home Office over the question of whether mankind as a whole was ready to take command of his own future or needed further guidance. Unfortunately, the view that won out was the one that held mankind as being a bunch of retarded sheep, a species that needed to be poked and prodded by means of fear and pain.

We actually didn't get around to allowing you the freedom to knowingly act under "reason" and "logic" until about 500-odd years ago, and it was such a sloppy transition that even today the Old Timers, the ones who like that old-time-religion, are still battling it out with the Young Bucks, those who want to turn their back on religious impulses and start to lead mankind by reason and debate.

Stay tuned...
Old March 10, 2004, 23:21   #106
MrBaggins
CTP2 Source Code Project
King

Quote:
Originally posted by PLATO

gods...yes. God...no.
"God" is nothing more than another in a long line of created metabeings. Others have been invented before, and yet more will be later.
Old March 10, 2004, 23:23   #107
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Lorizael
If you just don't respond to what someone has said, you can pretend they never even said it at all.
Old March 10, 2004, 23:25   #108
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

You know, if the Galaxy was in the shape of the letters, "AGATHON! STOP HAVING IMPURE THOUGHTS ABOUT WOMEN!" then I think I'd take notice.

Otherwise, it's much like the Mars face.
Old March 10, 2004, 23:27   #109
Jesus H. Christ
Settler

Well, if you'd stop having impure thoughts about men and start having them about women, maybe I'll grant your wish.
Old March 10, 2004, 23:27   #110
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Agathon
You know, if the Galaxy was in the shape of the letters, "AGATHON! STOP HAVING IMPURE THOUGHTS ABOUT WOMEN!" then I think I'd take notice.

Otherwise, it's much like the Mars face.
And yet you've completely ignored the 2nd article, which really is the whole point of the thread (name change pending).
Old March 10, 2004, 23:29   #111
Agathon
Mac
Emperor

Quote:
Well, if you'd stop having impure thoughts about men and start having them about women, maybe I'll grant your wish.
non sequitur
Old March 10, 2004, 23:29   #112
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Jesus H. Christ "Thou shalt have no other gods before Me. "
Exactly. "Creating" a God that is comfortable for you is a sin. It's called idoltry. In this case, it's yourself.
Old March 10, 2004, 23:30   #113
Jesus H. Christ
Settler

Old March 10, 2004, 23:33   #114
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Woops. Actually you mentioned the first.

The second says "Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image."

Old March 10, 2004, 23:33   #115
Jesus H. Christ
Settler

Quote:
I find the language of Daniel 9:27 interesting as it doesn't necessarily suggest the Antichrist will write the peace plan.
Of course not. The Antichrist is a gay comp-sci college student in Calgary, Canada and is currently in no position to write or approve of Middle Eastern peace plans.

Last edited by Jesus H. Christ; March 10, 2004 at 23:47.
Old March 10, 2004, 23:36   #116
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

Quote:
"AGATHON! STOP HAVING IMPURE THOUGHTS ABOUT WOMEN!"
I must be getting your messages.
Old March 10, 2004, 23:38   #117
Ben Kenobi
Emperor

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue."

A honest answer is like a kiss on the lips.
Old March 10, 2004, 23:39   #118
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Other examples of breaking the 2nd commandment:

If someone says that God does NOT condemn homosexuality that is idoltry.

If someone says that God says that polygamy is okay, that is idoltry.

If someone says that God says that lieing is okay, that is idoltry.

If someone says that God says that stealing is okay, that is idoltry.

If someone says that God says that adultery is okay, that is idoltry.

If someone says that there is no hell, that is idoltry.

Bottom line: Do not try to "create" any Gods that are comfortable for you. That is idoltry and you would be breaking the 2nd commandment.
Old March 10, 2004, 23:42   #119
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 16:02
And why oh why is christianity the only "right" religion? It is all beliefs.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old March 10, 2004, 23:46   #120
Jesus H. Christ
Settler

By the very virtue of existing and being finite, one HAS to create a God for themselves because they aren't capable of understanding the entirety of, well, me.