Old March 10, 2004, 23:49   #121
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Local Time: 13:02
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Giancarlo
And why oh why is christianity the only "right" religion? It is all beliefs.
I was just going to answer that one!

Christianity came out of Judaism since Jesus Himself was a Jew. Judaism is the world's oldest religion, and that means it had to have come from God.

But since Christ's first coming in 4 B.C., which was prophecied around 700 B.C., Judaism is no longer a valid religion. Evangelical Christianity is the only true religion. All other religions are idols. And since all other religions are idols, that means they were inspired by Satan himself (one who worships Allah is actually worshipping Satan).

Make sense?
"And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
Old March 10, 2004, 23:50   #122
Jesus H. Christ
Settler

Local Time: 19:02
No. And I co-wrote the book.
Old March 10, 2004, 23:54   #123
Ben Kenobi
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession GamesCivilization II Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 14:02
Quote:
No. And I co-wrote the book.
Then who is your mother?
Old March 10, 2004, 23:55   #124
PLATO
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildGalCiv Apolyton EmpireCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameThe Courts of Candle'BreC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4DG The HordeC4WDG éirich tuireannC3CDG Blood Oath Horde
Emperor

Local Time: 14:02
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Nice Guy
Judaism is no longer a valid religion.
I'm not sure that I would say no longer valid. The Jews are God's chosen people and let's not forget the 144,000. In the end, Jews will turn to God and accept Jesus.
Troll on dope is like a moose on the loose - Grandpa Troll
Old March 10, 2004, 23:56   #125
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Mormonism and Jehovah's Witnesses are also idol religions, since they've tried to change the Word of God, but God never changes; He's still the same as He's always been.

Don't be fooled by these false denominations.
"And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
Old March 10, 2004, 23:59   #126
Kuciwalker
Deity

Local Time: 15:02
@ thread

Even better than Fez's objection (that the light took a long time) is that all this is is that we FOUND it now. It was sitting there all along, we just didn't happen to point our telescopes at it until now
Old March 11, 2004, 00:00   #127
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by PLATO
In the end, Jews will turn to God and accept Jesus.
Yes, and that will make them Christians or Tribulation Saints, or whatever you'd like to call them.

The Messianic Jews are like this today. They believe that Jesus is the Son of God and is the only way to Heaven, but they still retain their old Jewish traditions as far as worshipping is concerned. Nonetheless, Messianic Jews are still Christians.
Old March 11, 2004, 00:03   #128
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 16:02
Quote:

I was just going to answer that one!

Christianity came out of Judaism since Jesus Himself was a Jew. Judaism is the world's oldest religion, and that means it had to have come from God.

But since Christ's first coming in 4 B.C., which was prophecied around 700 B.C., Judaism is no longer a valid religion. Evangelical Christianity is the only true religion. All other religions are idols. And since all other religions are idols, that means they were inspired by Satan himself (one who worships Allah is actually worshipping Satan).

Make sense?
No it does not make sense at how you christians try to make yourself better than everybody else when you are just full of hot air.

Nor can you prove evagenlical christianity is the only true religion.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old March 11, 2004, 00:05   #129
Giancarlo
King

But I don't even believe in fallacies as I am a logical atheist, so I won't comment anymore on this joke of a thread.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old March 11, 2004, 00:05   #130
Kuciwalker
Deity

In fact, Mr. Nice Guy, I believe everything you believe, except God actually took eight days. Prove me wrong!
Old March 11, 2004, 00:06   #131
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
No it does not make sense at how you christians try to make yourself better than everybody else when you are just full of hot air.
Better? No. All human beings that have ever lived, are living and will live deserve to go to hell. We all fall short of the glory of God. But Christ died for our sins so we wouldn't have to go to hell.
Old March 11, 2004, 00:06   #132
joncha
MacNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 04:02
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Ben Kenobi

Then who is your mother?
Note to Jesus: the WORD is your mother.

(as in "the word of God" not "word to yo momma")

And just in case a disputant, calls you to dispute about their claims,
Do not, then, dispute on them, except by way of an external dispute.
Old March 11, 2004, 00:08   #133
Boris Godunov
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Local Time: 12:02
Quote:
One of these days you won't be laughing anymore, Boris. One of these days I or someone else is going to be the one telling you, "I told you so." That is if someone who knows the truth is still here to tell you. You better pray to God there is; it might just kill your soul if not.

Get or get saved.
OooooOOOOOooooH!

See, I don't hold any beliefs out of a petty vindictiveness to see those I disagree with "vanquished" and be able to do the smug little "told ya so" moment. The beauty of my beliefs is that there is no "told ya so," no gloating, no exhalting the end of the world. Everyone ends up the same, and that's worm food. Neither you nor I will know it. No last laughs.

In the meantime, I continue to get non-last-laughs at this thread.
Old March 11, 2004, 00:09   #134
Giancarlo
King

Quote:

Better? No. All human beings that have ever lived, are living and will live deserve to go to hell. We all fall short of the glory of God. But Christ died for our sins so we wouldn't have to go to hell.
The pink unicorn died for our sins. Disprove me please. You can't. I don't care if a pink unicorn died for us, I don't care if jeebus christ died for us.. it just doesn't mean anything. It doesn't mean there is a god.

You my friend are a nutcase.

I'm gay, and your type treat us as a piece of sh*t.
Old March 11, 2004, 00:09   #135
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Wait, wait... did someone actually think the articles in the original post were serious and not funny?
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old March 11, 2004, 00:09   #136
Boris Godunov
Emperor

Quote:
Mormonism and Jehovah's Witnesses are also idol religions, since they've tried to change the Word of God, but God never changes; He's still the same as He's always been.
So why aren't you out sacrificing bulls to him?
Old March 11, 2004, 00:10   #137
Boris Godunov
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
Wait, wait... did someone actually think the articles in the original post were serious and not funny?
I can only name two who did.
Old March 11, 2004, 00:11   #138
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Boris Godunov

I can only name two who did.
I certainly didn't. It was my comical relief for the night.
Old March 11, 2004, 00:12   #139
joncha
MacNationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 04:02
Quote:
Originally posted by Boris Godunov

OooooOOOOOooooH!

See, I don't hold any beliefs out of a petty vindictiveness to see those I disagree with "vanquished" and be able to do the smug little "told ya so" moment. The beauty of my beliefs is that there is no "told ya so," no gloating, no exhalting the end of the world. Everyone ends up the same, and that's worm food. Neither you nor I will know it. No last laughs.

In the meantime, I continue to get non-last-laughs at this thread.
Actually, if he's around to tell us so, that means he wasn't taken with the other chosen during the rapture.

[nelson]ha ha! You're damned with the rest of us![/nelson]

And just in case a disputant, calls you to dispute about their claims,
Do not, then, dispute on them, except by way of an external dispute.
Old March 11, 2004, 00:13   #140
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Dude, I'm going to make a cosmic cloud with a penis shape, which tells us all to have copious amounts of sex .
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old March 11, 2004, 00:15   #141
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
But I don't even believe in fallacies as I am a logical atheist, so I won't comment anymore on this joke of a thread.
Logic? Anyone who says that a creator didn't create the universe is a complete idiot.

Look around you. What do you see?

I see a complex universe of intelligent design--a piece of artwork as a matter of fact. To say it all happened by chance even with the element of time is wishful thinking.

To say that it all happened by chance is like saying that a tornado can rip through a house and reassemble it into an F-16!!!

To create a watch you need a watchmaker.

To create a piece of music you need a composer.

To write a book, you need a writer.

To paint a painting you need a painter.

To build a house you need a carpenter.

To create a universe you need a God.

Go figure.

No, Satan doesn't fool me with his deception because I no longer have allowed him to. @ Satan!
Old March 11, 2004, 00:17   #142
Giancarlo
King

Quote:

Logic? Anyone who says that a creator didn't create the universe is a complete idiot.
Anyone who says that a creator created the universe is a complete idiot.

Quote:
Look around you. What do you see?
Back at you.

Quote:
I see a complex universe of intelligent design--a piece of artwork as a matter of fact. To say it all happened by chance even with the element of time is wishful thinking.
Intelligence design is the biggest piece of shite theory I have ever heard.

Quote:
To say that it all happened by chance is like saying that a tornado can rip through a house and reassemble it into an F-16!!!
Again strawman argument. You are full of those.

Quote:
To create a watch you need a watchmaker.

To create a piece of music you need a composer.

To write a book, you need a writer.

To paint a painting you need a painter.

To build a house you need a carpenter.

To create a universe you need a God.
All a strawman argument. It doesn't mean ****.

Quote:
No, Satan doesn't fool me with his deception because I no longer have allowed him to. @ Satan!
you're sick.
Old March 11, 2004, 00:19   #143
Boris Godunov
Emperor

If you're going to steal bad analogies, at least get them right. It's a tornado assembling a 747, not an F-16. Changing the aircraft doesn't make it an original thought. And it's still bad logic.

And the "watchmaker" schtick is old as well, and has been thoroughly discredited. Sorry, but these "God of the Gaps" arguments are old hat.
Old March 11, 2004, 00:20   #144
Giancarlo
King

But all of those analogies fall back on the same premise... a strawman argument. Weak at best.
Old March 11, 2004, 00:20   #145
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Yep, the responses by the non-christians in this thread are definitely fulfilling prophecy.

With the passing of time evil manifest itself in a different way. And in this age, evil is manifesting itself exactly as Bible said it would in the last days.

Keep looking up!
Old March 11, 2004, 00:21   #146
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 03:02
Toast