Old March 11, 2004, 10:59   #1
alreact
Settler

Local Time: 19:04
Local Date: November 2, 2010
CIV III LAN Multiplayer Issues
Hi,

Me and my friend were thinking of playing the Civ III PTW edition over LAN. What happened was when we added computer players into the game, when the game starts, I can't seem to move or build city, in fact, I can't seem to do anything at all.
This doesn't happen if we don't include computer players. Is there an issue here or is there any patch I can use. I have patched our versions with v1.27 for PTW but the problem still persists.
Can anyone assist?

Thanks.

Al.
Old March 13, 2004, 21:15   #2
Wittlich
lifer
Call to Power II MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCivilization III PBEMPtWDG Vox ControliCivilization III Democracy GameCiv4 SP Democracy GameC3CDG EuphoricaIron CiversCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG United Dungeon DwellersDiploGamesC4BtSDG TemplarsPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 12:04
Because you're experiencing problems when you play with AIs along with you and your friend...it sounds to me like your computer (if not both) need more RAM. How much RAM does the two computers have? Also, are you running any other "background" applications while playing PTW?
Old March 14, 2004, 01:54   #3
alreact
Settler

Local Time: 19:04
Thanks for the suggestion. Well we both have 512MB of RAMS and as far as we know we do not run any active background programs.