Old March 11, 2004, 19:41   #1
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 12:05
Local Date: November 2, 2010
I'mmmm Baaaaack!!!
Hey everyone I am back in buisness. My new computer (3400 AMD 64bit Chip, 1064MB Ram, 7500 ATI video Card) is working perfectly. I had a bit of trouble at first getting SMAC to run under my new Windows ME operating system but I was able to do some trouble shooting and changed a 0 to a 1 in one of the config files and that fixed it up.

I can now return to doing our Internal Affairs, which I can already see need some work, our Rec Commons are behind scedual and were producing too many Probe Teams in Cycon territory. On the bright side I see that University lands are coming along quite nicely.

Or long term goal of the Cloning Vats is going to be a big challenge, a bit of tec stealing along the way could help us out a lot. I am still working on a overall tec plan that will give us BioMachinery in about a decade. One thing I am thinking of is having Cycon tec switch to Poly Software, this will cost about half a turn worth of Lab points but gets us much closer to our goal as Centuri Empathy is realy of no use to us. University might next aim for Bio-Enginering so that we may build the Longevity Vacine, this will deny this project to the Hive and Drones and make Planned or Green Economics a viable future switch for us (though I dont advocate switching at this time). By the way if and when we get the Cloning Vats is would be wise to start Mind Controling all of Univeristies bases into the Cycon so they can benefit from from the Pop Booming. The Universities low probe rating should make the mind Control attempts very affordable, we might need to incresse Pych spending though to counter act the additional B-Drones.

I will post some tenative Internal Orders for Uni now and soon some ones for Cycon.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old March 11, 2004, 20:19   #2
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 21:05
Hi Impaler, good to have you back

Some of your critics is unfounded due to cashflow problems, but you will feel that yourself soon enough...

Probes will be necessary if you plan to steal tech in the future. You can have discussions with Maniac whether to produce TF or not, I'm getting enough of that sort of talks.

And about that mind control, that will be a heated discussion in the future, I think. But that's for later.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 11, 2004, 20:41   #3
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Re: I'mmmm Baaaaack!!!
Hi Impaler welcome back.

One quick comment/explanation on what you wrote:

Quote:
Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
were producing too many Probe Teams in Cycon territory.
Those probe teams have as goals stealing techs and infiltrating as you propose yourself:

Quote:
a bit of tec stealing along the way could help us out a lot.
Old March 12, 2004, 04:02   #4
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Welcome back Impaler!

Nice computer, great to see you got smac running.
About that mind control, cant the put just give us the bases?

- Paul Valery
Old March 12, 2004, 04:18   #5
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 12:05
I dont belive thats permited (else it would be too easy for factions to unite and dominate).

Just had a neat idea. Lets Tec Rape the Drones by alowing one of our bases to riot untill it joins the Drones and then steal all their tecs, infiltrate them and concour the base back all before they can do anything. This should actualy be a very cheap way to get what we want and wil put us several tecnologies closer to the Cloning Vats if we can steal Poly Soft and Optical Computers. Also incase your wondering Googlie has said this tecnique is legal.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old March 12, 2004, 04:38   #6
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

That would be so evil impaler
Though it would save us lot of ECs and trouble in building probecruisers. And idea to be explored..

- Paul Valery
Old March 12, 2004, 05:22   #7
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 19:05
That would be so....so commie!
Old March 12, 2004, 06:39   #8
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 07:05
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
That would be so....so commie!
Ah HA! And what is wrong with that?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old March 12, 2004, 06:47   #9
laurentius
King

well, we all know that tass is teh evil nazimoderator

- Paul Valery
Old March 12, 2004, 14:49   #10
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Isnt he communist moderator? Besides there is no rule against Impalers suggestion.
Old March 12, 2004, 15:17   #11
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
Also incase your wondering Googlie has said this tecnique is legal.
It also means we're at war with the Drones (and probably Hive) instanteniously.

Everyone ready for that? ATM most members seem in favour of avoiding a planetwar at all cost by allowing PEACE to survive.

It's a neath plan, I like it. Using a benefit of an opposing party to get at it. But it depends a bit on when exactly the base transfers. If it happens at the beginning of our turn, then we can do what we want and the whole thing is over before Buster can do anything, but if the transfer happens during Busters' playtime, he can for instance transfer it back to us immediately, nullifying what we want to achieve.

Btw, does anyone nows how long it usually takes for a base to transfer due to riots? There is a good candidate within CyCon ATM... And a transport with probes in the same general area

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 12, 2004, 19:10   #12
Minute Mirage
Alpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Prince

In case you're thinking of using the base defection -- probe rape tactic, this thread at CGN discusses it at some detail.