View Poll Results: What plan do we follow this turn?
Solely concentrate on destroying the last PEACE schooner (probably only 1 cruiser lost for us) 4 57.14%
Leave PEACE alone, and destroy all Hive units on sight (probably 2 or 3 cruisers lost for us) 1 14.29%
Go for the PEACE schooner, take all Hive units we come across (most likely 3 cruisers lost for us) 1 14.29%
Make amends with Hive, and leave PEACE alone 1 14.29%
Xenobanana option (only 1 vote here please) 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 13, 2004, 15:23   #1
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 21:09
Local Date: November 2, 2010
War proposal poll.
Hive declared war on us, and destroyed a cp of ours.
Most likely intention was that that cp could not be moved to scout for PEACE units, or so they're sure we won't found a base.
This poll is on to know how you guys feel about the several battleplans I proposed sofar in the MAF thread.

ATM I can't go in specifics simply because we haven't seen the CC turn yet, but their is not much variety possible in these scenarios.
For an indept explanation of all these plans, visit the Military Affairs Function thread.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 13, 2004, 15:38   #2
Drogue
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMNationStatesACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 SpartansACDG3 MorganACDG3 Data AngelsPolyCast TeamC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNsACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Apolyton Knight (Off-Topic Co-Moderator)

Local Time: 19:09
IIRC, a schooner is just a gunboat? If so, go for Hive vessels. Even if not, we have a ceasefire with PEACE. Let's take out the Hive, as much as possible. Hive vessels should be destroyed on sight. Fire at will and all that

"Hm. I suppose I should get my waffle a santa hat." - Kuciwalker
Old March 13, 2004, 15:44   #3
Illuminatus
staff
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization IV CreatorsACDG3 CMNsACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4WDG Team ApolytonAge of Nations TeamACDG3 Gaians
Provost

Destroy schooner if possible and sink Hive anvy!
Old March 13, 2004, 15:48   #4
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Drogue
IIRC, a schooner is just a gunboat? If so, go for Hive vessels. Even if not, we have a ceasefire with PEACE. Let's take out the Hive, as much as possible. Hive vessels should be destroyed on sight. Fire at will and all that
Yes, but that schooner can be used to take an Angel base softened by the Hive. In thus giving PEACE an extra base besides Crossbone Way on Yardlong island.

So I take it you wish to respect the ceasefire with PEACE?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 13, 2004, 16:16   #5
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Personally I don't want peace with PEACE or the Hive, as voting for the fourth option would imply, but if possible I don't want to take any losses ourselves either. That is, unless we are 100% sure we can destroy the schooner with only losing 1 impact cruiser. However for destroying Hive ships I don't want to take any losses at all. Hivean industrial power is bigger than ours, so us losing a unit is worse than them losing once. We should IMO use our firepower with care and on low-risk operations.
Old March 13, 2004, 18:02   #6
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 12:09
How can you be ok with throwing ANY of our precious and experienced Navel units!! As Maniac says they are precious and must be preserved as their currently the best units we have. I would like to upgrade them to SAM, Plasma armor and Missles at some point. Dont do anything that would cause us to loss one EVER! We must be conservative vs the Hives higher production capability especialy when we lack Air cover in that area.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old March 13, 2004, 18:11   #7
GeoModder
Deity

Air cover is on it's way ATM, and about experience, the unit I propose to use is the one that troubles you for the MBV drones AND is only a disciplined one, IOW, any newly build cruiser has the same experience level.
And in war, units will always be lost, if that is not acceptable to you, then we better surrender here and now as well. I think it's better to use unit(s) on our missions instead as some reaction on what the enemy wishes to throw at us. Taking them a bit off-balance is our best counter ATM. They might become more willing to talk after they've seen our resolution.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 13, 2004, 21:46   #8
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder
the unit I propose to use is the one that troubles you for the MBV drones AND is only a disciplined one, IOW, any newly build cruiser has the same experience level.
In my presend save the MBV cruiser has veteran morale, and it's the Pamplonan cruiser that has disciplined. Is it the same with you? If so, I'd propose to sacrifice the Pamplonan cruiser.

Quote:
And in war, units will always be lost, if that is not acceptable to you, then we better surrender here and now as well.
Yes, units will be lost, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't do everything to try and keep the number as low as reasonably possible.

Anyway, I voted for option 1, but under the condition that there is a 99% certainty that only one cruiser will be needed and that success is virtually guaranteed.
Old March 13, 2004, 23:32   #9
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 07:09
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Keep rooting out the Pirates, but no actions against the Hive until we've actually spoken about things with them!

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old March 14, 2004, 03:46   #10
GeoModder
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
In my presend save the MBV cruiser has veteran morale, and it's the Pamplonan cruiser that has disciplined. Is it the same with you? If so, I'd propose to sacrifice the Pamplonan cruiser.
My error, but if only one cruiser will be used (as this poll indicates sofar), then the MBV one can rehome in Atlantis, as proposed by Impaler, and the Pamplonan one used.

Quote:
Originally posted by Maniac
Anyway, I voted for option 1, but under the condition that there is a 99% certainty that only one cruiser will be needed and that success is virtually guaranteed.
Ok, I can live with that, the CC turn this evening will tell us more about practical side of these options.

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Keep rooting out the Pirates, but no actions against the Hive until we've actually spoken about things with them!
Impaler has sent a message yesterday to HongHu, what time frame do you wish to grant them? Before or after the CC turn is posted?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario