Old March 15, 2004, 12:34   #1
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 13:14
Local Date: November 2, 2010
We need a government structure
I believe we really need a basic government structure. I propose we set up a temporary government like this:

Chairman - Voltaire (of course)
CMC - Rubin
CPC - HongHu
Ambassador - Arnelos
Turn player - Mead

The names I propose is based on how familiar one is with the game and time availability, as well as having SMAX.

I feel Arnelos is very good at diplomacy and by serving as the Hive Ambassador he would be able to post the war declaration with a glourious title.

Rubin is very experienced. Also Voltaire had appointed him to chair the CMC. So it really goes without saying that I believe he would the best candidate for CMC.

Mead and I can both be candidates for CPC. I would rather like Mead to continue to play the turns though. However if it is decided that Mead should temperarily not play the turn for CC's opposition, I think Mead can be responsible for the CPC while Rubin or I can play the turn.

I also propose the following rules:

1. The person who is responsible for each area must take responsibility and has final say on his area.

2. Before each turn CMC and CPC should summarize the situations, present options for discussion and setting up polls for decision. Before the turn player plays the turn CMC and CPC must post a specific set of orders. The orders must be followed by the turn player.

3. The Ambassador must be responsible for copying all messages to the team from various channels, such as PMs from other faction and posts in the embassies. At time of each diplomatic issues he should be responsible for the situations, present options for discussion and setting up polls for decision.

4. The turn player has authorities to make final decisions on any detailed movements and in game decisions, provided that he has followed orders from the team. He is responsible for posting the save before end turn and other screenshots necessary.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 15, 2004, 12:39   #2
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

In addition, I propose the government officials for the above positions be elected every other months, perhaps starting from April. People can propose new candidates and Chairman Voltaire or somebody he designated can set up the polls of election.

If a person who is elected to a position fails to meet his responsibility, anybody in the team can raise the issue and present a substitute. And the team can prove the replacement with a poll even if it is not in the election period.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 15, 2004, 14:06   #3
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 19:14
This will be like our 14th government reorgaisation...

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 15, 2004, 14:32   #4
Snowflake
Princess

Only 14th?

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 15, 2004, 14:42   #5
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

You may be right

-Jam
Old March 15, 2004, 20:13   #6
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:14
Agreed, not that there will be much diplomacy going on after we start our armageddon.

Btw, I have a logon at CGN because I was once the Ambassador of Apolyton to CGN in the Civ3 Inter-Site game... miccofl gave me access to some stuff courtesy of my position, which I have retained since I'm one of the Apolyton turnplayers. I think miccofl could probably give me access to the Hive-Drone embassy, but that would almost certainly not be appropriate.

So if you can tell buster to give me access to the Hive-Drone embassy forum there (same login name, "Arnelos"), that would be great.

This said, as with OctavianX, I may not always be entirely active because of the sheer number of DG's I'm in. Personally, I wouldn't mind a cooperative foreign policy outfit with OctavianX, since we can always hope that our times of hightened availability may complement one another (we would have to do a good job of coordinating with each other, though).

So I accept your government reorganization. As for titles, the Soviet Union had a "Foreign Minister", so that shouldn't be a problem. We also need an appropriate title for Mead... perhaps "Deputy Chairman"?
Old March 15, 2004, 20:18   #7
Jamski
Deity

/me says nothing *

You know why.

-Jam
Old March 15, 2004, 20:25   #8
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 12:14
A quick note, since I have time and I’m procrastinating since I do not feel like studying for my exam, I like the newest proposal and believe it should be implemented, though I would like to stress the importance of consensus and cooperation between the various Committees since we want to avoid conflict with the Hive government (which I think we’ve done a decent job of doing regardless).
Old March 15, 2004, 21:23   #9
Rubin
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer

Local Time: 21:14
Yes agreed, Comrade HongHu! And Chairman Voltaire, I shall do my best striving for consensus and cooperation.

If this new structure is official I shall resume the duties as Chairman of the Central Military Committee ASAP.

Comrade Rubin
Old March 16, 2004, 01:14   #10
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

I don’t see why we should not make this structure official, I’ll approve it. If anyone has objections as to why this structure should not be adopted post them now or forever hold your peace.
Old March 16, 2004, 02:34   #11
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Well, I just want to formalize things a bit.

Quote:
Chairman - Voltaire (of course)
CMC - Rubin
CPC - HongHu
Ambassador - Arnelos
Turn player - Mead
Would/should be more formally known as:

Chairman Voltaire of the Central Continuing Committee
Deputy Chairman Mead of the Central Continuing Committee
Chairman Rubin of the Central Military Committee
Chairwoman HongHu of the Central Planning Committee
Chairman Arenelos of the Central Foreign Affairs Committee

I must be bored...
Old March 16, 2004, 02:38   #12
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:14
Quote:
Originally posted by Octavian X
Chairman Voltaire of the Central Continuing Committee
Deputy Chairman Mead of the Central Continuing Committee
Chairman Rubin of the Central Military Committee
Chairwoman HongHu of the Central Planning Committee
Chairman Arenelos of the Central Foreign Affairs Committee
Old March 16, 2004, 22:22   #13
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

If only I hadn't misspelled your name in that post.
Old March 17, 2004, 17:06   #14
Snowflake
Princess

Who gets the final say in dispute when Chairman is not around: the deputy chairman or chair(wo)man of each department? Just want to make the rules set.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 17, 2004, 17:46   #15
Jamski
Deity

I think I should get the final say in that case. It would "balance" the faction.

-Jam
Old March 17, 2004, 18:36   #16
Voltaire
King

If the Chairman is not around and has not appointed a person to be in charge for the period of his absence I think it best to delegate decisions on which compromises cannot be reached to a vote if time permits it, if not the decision will rest on the Deputy Chair(wo)man.
Old March 17, 2004, 18:42   #17
Snowflake
Princess

Are we going to have elections later?

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 17, 2004, 18:48   #18
Jamski
Deity

Elections!

It will be just like playing a democracy game!

-Jam
Old March 17, 2004, 18:50   #19
Snowflake
Princess

Here's hope to you getting your deputy crown back. Write more poems, and act less inconsistently will you?

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 17, 2004, 18:52   #20
Jamski
Deity

As the winter ends -
Poetry makes a man the
Deputy Chairman.

-Jam
Old March 17, 2004, 18:54   #21
Snowflake
Princess

Not the haikus again!!!

/me rans away quick.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 17, 2004, 18:55   #22
Jamski
Deity

Jamski is perplexed -
The princess desired poems
And poems she got.

-Jam
Old March 17, 2004, 19:02   #23
Snowflake
Princess

/me covers her ears.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 17, 2004, 19:14   #24
Jamski
Deity

Alas! What deep woe.
As the sun sinks in the sea,
The ears are not seen

-Jam
Old March 17, 2004, 19:15   #25
Voltaire
King

I propose we follow Plato’s advice in the Republic and ban poetry.
Old March 17, 2004, 19:18   #26
Jamski
Deity

I propose we follow Plato's advice in the Republic and ban warfare

-Jam
Old March 17, 2004, 19:22   #27
Voltaire
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
I propose we follow Plato's advice in the Republic and ban warfare

-Jam
...that's a great idea, except well Plato never really proposed that...
Old March 17, 2004, 19:25   #28
Jamski
Deity

Rubbish! Show me where he didn't propose that!

-Jam
Old March 17, 2004, 19:53   #29
Voltaire
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Rubbish! Show me where he didn't propose that!

-Jam
Excellent! Ask your opponent to prove a negative, you'll make a fine politician yet.
Old March 17, 2004, 20:02   #30
Jamski
Deity

You can't prove it, can you?

-Jam