Old March 17, 2004, 23:50   #151
Trithemius
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Data Angels
Prince

Local Time: 07:15
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire
Did PEACE say they recognized your claim?
To my knowledge PEACE has avoided this issue as much as is possible; insofar as it seems to be substantial devoid of content.
Old March 18, 2004, 00:39   #152
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 06:15
Quote:
Did PEACE say they recognized your claim?
That is entirely irrelevant. They were forced to recognise our claim, however they feel about it.
Old March 18, 2004, 00:42   #153
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 12:15
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
That is entirely irrelevant. They were forced to recognise our claim, however they feel about it.
Perhaps, but you're missing the most important point of all, we don't recognize your claim, that's what really matters, isn't it?
Old March 18, 2004, 00:59   #154
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 13:15
Quote:

Perhaps, but you're missing the most important point of all, we don't recognize your claim, that's what really matters, isn't it?
Then why bring us up at all!?

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old March 18, 2004, 01:04   #155
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Quote:
No, no it isn't. CPU opinion is what matters, as it is us who will decide how to react to this Hive aggression.
Old March 18, 2004, 01:24   #156
Trithemius
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns No, no it isn't. CPU opinion is what matters, as it is us who will decide how to react to this Hive aggression.
It is my hope that this remark heralds a change in CPU policy - namely that they will punish the party they feel is responsible for alleged trangressions instead of punishing PEACE.
Old March 18, 2004, 01:30   #157
Skanky Burns

Quote:
Originally posted by Trithemius
It is my hope that this remark heralds a change in CPU policy - namely that they will punish the party they feel is responsible for alleged trangressions instead of punishing PEACE.
Touche.

Last edited by Skanky Burns; March 18, 2004 at 01:37.
Old March 18, 2004, 01:30   #158
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Quote:
No, no it isn't. CPU opinion is what matters, as it is us who will decide how to react to this Hive aggression.
Fair enough, the ball is now in your court.
Old March 18, 2004, 01:33   #159
Trithemius
Prince

Quote:
Touche.
Thanks , and you respected the Quoting Tradition

Last edited by Trithemius; March 18, 2004 at 02:44.
Old March 18, 2004, 01:36   #160
Skanky Burns

Quote:
Thanks , but you neglected the Quoting Tradition
You will pay for your baseless accusation.
Where there's an edit, theres a way.
Old March 18, 2004, 02:02   #161
Voltaire
King

I would like to for the record state that all and everything I say in the main forum unless explicitly indicated to be official does not reflect the opinion of the Human Hive as a whole (as many of you may already have observed). Furthermore I would also like to state that it does not always reflect my opinions either, in fact it seldom does, it is role playing, we’re the Hive and well we might as well make the most of it. I hope that it is understood as such and not misconstrued. In the future I shall be more careful about my words so that they cannot be misconstrued.

Thank you
Old March 18, 2004, 02:46   #162
Trithemius
Prince

Quote:
You will pay for your baseless accusation.
I thought baseless accusations were the order of the day, sorry.

Quote:
Where there's an edit, theres a way.
Amen!
Old March 18, 2004, 02:50   #163
Trithemius
Prince

Quote:
I would like to for the record state that all and everything I say in the main forum unless explicitly indicated to be official does not reflect the opinion of the Human Hive as a whole (as many of you may already have observed). Furthermore I would also like to state that it does not always reflect my opinions either, in fact it seldom does, it is role playing, we’re the Hive and well we might as well make the most of it. I hope that it is understood as such and not misconstrued. In the future I shall be more careful about my words so that they cannot be misconstrued.

Thank you
It would be a lot easier if the things you say did reflect Human Hive policy. That way we would actually be able to determine what Hive policy was instead of having to mentally check ourselves and remember that statements from the Human Hive Chairperson for some reason do not reflect Human Hive policy.

If this habit of issuing non-statements is a concerted campaign to confuse (and eventually irritate) people then I must say that it has had resounding success, at least with me.
Old March 18, 2004, 03:00   #164
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 09:15
We speak for ourselves (amazingly).

But when it's matters of seriousness, then one of us will make it clear that he/she speaks for the Hive as a whole.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Old March 18, 2004, 03:01   #165
Voltaire
King

Quote:
It would be a lot easier if the things you say did reflect Human Hive policy. That way we would actually be able to determine what Hive policy was instead of having to mentally check ourselves and remember that statements from the Human Hive Chairperson for some reason do not reflect Human Hive policy.

If this habit of issuing non-statements is a concerted campaign to confuse (and eventually irritate) people then I must say that it has had resounding success, at least with me.
You give us way too much credit, we're not that organized.
Old March 18, 2004, 03:03   #166
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

I have to agree on that one, we're like a schizophrenic hive mind.
Old March 18, 2004, 03:13   #167
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

So you don't actually have an official policy? Wonderful. I hope you'll stop acting as if we've done something wrong by doing things you asked us not to.
Old March 18, 2004, 04:03   #168
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

When posts and PMs are marked as "official" or titled/signed with "Hive" and such I would say it is safe to assume it is the Hive's official voice.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 04:31   #169
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 19:15
Offical :

The Hive is now under the control of Comrade Peacenik Jamski. All millitary units are being converted into formers and strict democracy is being imposed by a lack of police control. We would like to offer a perma-pact to all factions.

-Hive
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 18, 2004, 04:34   #170
Skanky Burns

Quote:
Offical :
If it weren't for that single typo...
Old March 18, 2004, 04:36   #171
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

No, no, no... the post should have been done like this:

Quote:
"offical"

The Hive is now under the control of Comrade Peacenik Jamski. All millitary units are being converted into formers and strict democracy is being imposed by a lack of police control. We would like to offer a perma-pact to all factions.

- "Hive"
Old March 18, 2004, 04:39   #172
Frankychan
King

Old March 18, 2004, 04:47   #173
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

"Official"

-"Hive"
Old March 18, 2004, 12:11   #174
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Oh gosh Jamski you session at Rm 103 is close.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 12:26   #175
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

"The Ball is in your Hands" - Voltaire

Well tecnicaly its in the Hives as they have have the turn and are in an excelenet position to either destroy CPU units or alow them return to CPU territory. This will definatly be a very desisive turn for all of us.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old March 18, 2004, 12:27   #176
Jamski
Deity

Its not in the Hive's hands

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 12:39   #177
Snowflake
Princess

Edited.

Grapefruit Garden

Last edited by Snowflake; March 18, 2004 at 13:15.
Old March 18, 2004, 12:55   #178
Jamski
Deity

Its comments like that which make me wish I'd joined another faction HongHu.

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 13:07   #179
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 21:15
Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Sigh. You still have not got it. It is not the DMZ zone tht is the problem. Ask Maniac see if he gets anything more. I'm actually surprised to see Hive being so successful in its misinformation campaign.
It is us playing along in a 'misinformation' campaign. Remember, cyborgs are still good in math and strategy calculation...

There is simply not a thing we can do as long as their is a master/slave relation beween Drones/Hive.

on lost opportunities...

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 18, 2004, 13:14   #180
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Its comments like that which make me wish I'd joined another faction HongHu.

-Jam
It wasn't repond to you dear Jamski. But I will take my words back if you don't like it. Sorry.

Grapefruit Garden