Old March 15, 2004, 21:50   #1
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 11:16
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Turn 6, 3750bc
Orders from the Ministers:

ALL MINISTERS, please feel free to edit this post to enter in your orders.

Pre-Turn Diplomacy to be expected:

Military Orders

Worker Orders

City Orders

Diplomacy To Be Completed

Any Other Things To Be Done

edit: cut out Uber's post and moved it to new thread.
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Last edited by Paddy; March 16, 2004 at 05:16.
Togas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2004, 21:56   #2
Togas
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization III MultiplayerInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 SunshineC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

My suggestion to anyone who wants to start a new turnthread, please click to "edit" the above post, capture the text with formating, copy it, then backtrack and create the new post (turn #, year) and insert this simple template as the FIRST POST in the turnthread.

I beg all of the ministers to please edit this post to ENTER IN your orders in the appropriate spot. This will make it easy for us to find your orders and easy for the team as well to see what's going on.

--Togas
Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.
Old March 15, 2004, 22:18   #3
Togas
Emperor

The save is here

With it, F-P included this joke:

Quote:
Joke of the day:

It's not that I'm a warmonger - I'm a builder who simply feels the need to annex your land because I can build it more efficiently than you.
We do not have any official orders. This save moves quickly with only 5 teams and with it being so early in the game. Let's get orders out for turn 7 as soon as this turn is played.

Please post your thoughts and orders here. Please meet in chat if you can. We will play it sometime tonight.

--Togas
Old March 15, 2004, 22:27   #4
Donegeal
PtWDG Glory of WarC4DG VoxApolyCon 06 ParticipantsC4BtSDG TemplarsSpore
Emperor

Local Time: 19:16
We got a screenie of the view from Mount Olympus?
Donegeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2004, 22:30   #5
Togas
Emperor

I'll post it after we play, of course. Just waiting for people to drop in. Haven't started yet.

--Togas
Old March 15, 2004, 22:48   #6
Togas
Emperor

Old March 15, 2004, 23:01   #7
Togas
Emperor

Turn 6 Report: 3750bc

Played in chat at 2:50am GMT with Donegeal and Arnelos active, but many others present in idle mode.

Our unnamed warrior moves north (8) and gets a view from Mt. Olympus of the plains and desert that await us.

Roads R Us begins working on a road.

Save sent by Togas to Bat (and admin) shortly thereafter.

note: As the orders for this turn were pretty much decided upon and didn't need extensive chat, we decided to get right on it and play the save, to keep the game moving.

ISSUES:

Please decide on a name for the warrior. I humbly ask Uber to fill this role. I know that Paddy did a poll for names, but 4 of the 5 names are virtually tied, doesn't seem like we have a clear favorite. I'd like for our first warrior or two to really have some Apolyton Style to them.

Feel free to begin speculating on where we should settle, however, this sighting doesn't leave us with a lot of great options.

PAL's city is now at size 2. When did this happen?? If it only happened this turn, that means that their city (founded on turn 2) grew in 5 turns, telling us they have 4fpt coming in.

If it happened sooner, how much sooner? If last turn, they're somehow getting 5fpt. If earlier than that, they joined their worker and we have to watch out for very early game rush strats.

--Togas

Last edited by Togas; March 15, 2004 at 23:08.
Old March 15, 2004, 23:42   #8
WhiteBandit
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Prince

Going back through the saves, looks like their population increased this turn. So roughly 4fpt is what they are running at.

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)
WhiteBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2004, 00:37   #9
Dominae
BtS Tri-LeaguePtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 15:16
With sufficient tile improvements, Apolyton can be reach 10spt at size 5, working the Cattle, three Bonus Grasslands, a random Plains (probably the Wines), and the base city tile. This opens up a the option between whole slew of fun queues.

With a Granary, Apolyton would grow twice every 8 turns, which means a Settler cycle of 8 turns. Oscillating between sizes 5 and 7, there would be 8*10 - 30 = 50 Shields to spare every cycle. That's 5 Warriors, 2 Hoplites and a Warrior...you get the idea.

Unfortunately, this plan requires Apolyton to use a Forest instead of a 2 or 3 Food tile once every four turns (to keep up the 10spt rate every turn). This means another city could only use the Cattle once every four turns, instead of once every two turns. So there would be trade-off between slightly faster growth and super-effiecient buildup of military in the capital.

If we do go this route, our empire would be almost an OCC for quite some time, while we build up enough Workers and improvements (Barracks, Granary) to get set up. The benefit would be that we would look mighty weak on the Score graph, while having the best military around. The drawback is that our tech rate would be pretty low. We would be committing ourselves to bad-a$$ warmongership right from the start.

Another option is to pop out Settlers between sizes 2 and 4 (again, every 8 turns). This would unfortunately result in being just shy of producing 2 Warriors in-between. However, a maximal number of good tiles (Bonus Grasslands) would be left to other cities. Oscillating between 3 and 5 may be would be more efficient, but would require using the Luxury slider at size 4. Both these options are less drastic than the one above, but are ultimately less efficient because the capital does not lose Shields to Corruption and therefore keeping it small is wasteful.

Dominae

Last edited by Dominae; March 16, 2004 at 00:43.
Dominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2004, 01:12   #10
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 14:16
edited the first post with orders for 2 turns.
Old March 16, 2004, 01:58   #11
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Local Time: 13:16
Considering the standard size world with five teams, I'm tempted to disagree with Dominae, a bit. Rather than simply concentrating on improving Apolyton itself, I think it would be better to pursue an expansionist policy, for two reasons.

For one, we do have the room to expand. This would be to compensate for Conquests infamous resource placement, really.

Second comes from personal experience. I look to the PTW ISDG - I believe one of the biggest reasons that Fanatikou was unable to respond to GCA's attack by itself was because of our concentration on improvement of Shen Ling, our capital. We kept on improving our best city at the cost of properly expanding the nation, leaving our production capacity limited due to a smaller number of workers and cities, placing us on the defensive against GCA when they attacked.
Old March 16, 2004, 02:28   #12
Octavian X
Civilization III Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HivePtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4WDG Huygen's UnionC3CDG The Lost BoysC4DG The Mercenary TeamCiv4 SP Democracy GameACDG3 GaiansC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
King

Next turn thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...hreadid=110801

Last edited by Octavian X; March 16, 2004 at 02:49.
Octavian X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2004, 04:33   #13
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 20:16
Quote:
Originally posted by Togas
My suggestion to anyone who wants to start a new turnthread, please click to "edit" the above post, capture the text with formating, copy it, then backtrack and create the new post (turn #, year) and insert this simple template as the FIRST POST in the turnthread.
Same suggestion to you with the format for the Turn Results.

see this thread.

BigFurryMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2004, 04:35   #14
BigFurryMonster
PtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG Team BabylonInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Dominae
With sufficient tile improvements...

Unfortunately, this plan requires...
Those are excellent suggestions, Dominae. You might want to start a "Strategy" thread (or actually a "Tactical" thread since this does not concern the very long run) for it.
Old March 16, 2004, 04:39   #15
BigFurryMonster
Emperor

Quote:
Turn 6 Report: 3750bc
PAL's city is now at size 2. When did this happen?? If it only happened this turn, that means that their city (founded on turn 2) grew in 5 turns, telling us they have 4fpt coming in.
Shouldn't that be 6 - 2 = 4 turns?
Old March 16, 2004, 14:16   #16
Vlad Antlerkov
Civilization III Democracy Game
King

Quote:
PAL is Ind/Agr. If they started on a river, that's an additional +1 fpt. So the tile they've been working is either 3 fpt (grassland cow/wheat) or 4 fpt (FP wheat, irrigated grassland cow/wheat).

On the other hand, if they merged their worker...
Vlad Antlerkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2004, 16:32   #17
BigFree
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III MultiplayerPtWDG RoleplayCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG CalysiumBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPtWDG2 SunshineC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 12:16
Quote:

ISSUES:

Please decide on a name for the warrior. I humbly ask Uber to fill this role. I know that Paddy did a poll for names, but 4 of the 5 names are virtually tied, doesn't seem like we have a clear favorite. I'd like for our first warrior or two to really have some Apolyton Style to them.

--Togas
I don't care how close the naming poll was, Anthea the Blonde won in the poll, period. That should be the name. Why would you ask for another name?
BigFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2004, 20:38   #18
Togas
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
Same suggestion to you with the format for the Turn Results.

see this thread.

You'll notice that OctX, Conmcb25 and I all use different results formats.

Why?

Because we haven't settled on one yet.

I'm not all that fond of the one Con is using right now. It wastes too much space, repeats too much unnecessary information, and doesn't highlight the information that I think is most important.

However, I could be wrong. You all may prefer his or OctX's style. That's fine. Once we hammer out our styles after a few weeks, we'll meet and settle on one particular reporting style to use from now on.