Old March 17, 2004, 08:53   #1
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 19:20
Local Date: November 2, 2010
drones infiltration
with all this talk about avoiding war with the HIVE. we must see if war will arrive what to do. the major problem is that we do not know what game the HIVE is playing with us...is this all a big trick to make us look the wrong way...or well there a lot of options...but in a war with the HIVE the decisive factor can be first of all the AI players...but they are not that much help. on the other hand the drones...We do not know anything about them...they keep to them selves in the main forum and Dimplomatic channels are not really there. if they are doing it on purpose it is one hell of a good stragey in a game like this. that is why i would like to propose getting inflitration data on the drones ASAP. and well try AGAIN to get those dimplomatic channels open...not by begging or anything but just talks about i don`t know what...
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old March 17, 2004, 09:01   #2
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 07:20
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Mildly off the thread title topic, but the Hive is too disunited to have a grand concerted plan. They are likely not screwing with us, but just screwing up.

As for contacting the Drones, we should figure out a legit issue/question to ask them. Perhaps we should ask them what their stance on PEACE is, and whether they would back our proposed borders. Then, if we get their backing, we can turn with the weight of most of Planet's human inhabitants behind us and shove the paper towards the Hive again. Them stalling further in that case would be stupid.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old March 17, 2004, 09:53   #3
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 21:20
You must Maniac ask the exact details, but he told something about a informal (personal brought) proposal to Buster, and simply no clear answer came I think.

But ask him. In my opinion, we shouldn't put our hopes to high on Buster.

Infiltrating him ASAP might be the best thing to do.

ATM, I propose to use the probe foil that is currently under construction. First use it to infiltrate Believers, and then north to Drones. But this will take quite a few turns.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 17, 2004, 11:08   #4
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 12:20
Also their is the Transport out of Athena carrying Probe Teams, this would likly take 5 turns to reach the Drones but I belive its worth it.

We need to remember to send the new Probe teams being Constructed in Trantor north to the Pi Square area so they can board the Transport as it sails north. The ship already carries 2 Probe Teams and a Scout, we may wish to exchange the Scout for another Probe team or keep the Scout on so that if nessary he can be upgraded to Impact or Missle Marines and attack or capture the Drone base (likly Smoke Stake) we could quite a few usefull Tecs this way along with the infiltrator info. The downside is it will probly initiate a war and Buster will likly destroy the transport in retaliation.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old March 17, 2004, 12:25   #5
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 21:20
Mmm, if Buster stays of our backs for 5 turns I'm more then happy.

I endorse a probing mission for infiltration, I wait for endorsing a tech steal mission, but I suppose it must be done simultaneously anyway. For know, that transport can leave to the Drones as long as the Hive war is likely to stop, then it should be used first to infiltrate Hive.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario