View Poll Results: End the ACPSG!
Yes! 19 76.00%
No!! 4 16.00%
Xenobanana!!! 2 8.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 17, 2004, 15:46   #1
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 21:20
Local Date: November 2, 2010
End the ACPSG?
As people are discussing starting up a new multifaction game or single-player-game-with-human-opponents in this thread instead of continuing this ACPSG after the current AC Democracy Team Game is finished, I've started another poll to ask whether we should definitely end this ACPSG. Please vote "Yes", "No" or "Xenobanana".
Old March 17, 2004, 17:08   #2
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 16:20
i want to play this game.
Old March 17, 2004, 17:21   #3
Maniac
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyPolyCast TeamACDG3 Spartans

Btw, a small correction. You see "End the ACPSG!" at the top of the poll. That should have been "End the ACPSG?". I wouldn't want you think I'm trying to sway the poll results in a certain direction.
Old March 17, 2004, 21:42   #4
Method
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Human HiveACDG PeaceACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Old March 17, 2004, 21:43   #5
Method
Emperor

by the way, you all suck

vote no!
Old March 18, 2004, 16:11   #6
Maniac

Quote:
by the way, you all suck
http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=110912

Btw, a majority seems to be in favour for the moment. So if the current vote division remains, what should happen to these forums? Simply delete them? Archive them? Remerge them with the ADTG forum? Rename them and use them for another ACDG? Many options...
Old March 20, 2004, 00:58   #7
Enigma_Nova
C4DG The Mercenary Team
Emperor

Local Time: 05:20
Local Date: November 3, 2010
It is done.
ACPSG no longer matters.

The ACPSG has 1337 posts. It has served out its life, and therefore must die.
Old March 22, 2004, 01:08   #8
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 07:20
No! I want to play this. Others promised we would as well. I am sick of the MP game's shenanigans, and lately it looks all the more like I will soom have further reason to shy away from MP games like it. Why ditch this when so much has been set up already?

If you want an SPDG for AC PLEASE vote no here. If you want an MP game again I really suggest you examine the forum for the MP game and see if you really do want to play in a game where there has been such nastiness and poor communication about many things.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old March 22, 2004, 01:15   #9
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 19:20
MWIA

I voted no, however, because everyone else is going to vote no. Let's end this game with dignity.
Old March 22, 2004, 18:25   #10
Maniac

I have to agree with Tass. Personally I would have preferred to continue this game, but about no one else wants to. So since there would be too little participants, I voted "yes, end it".
Old March 24, 2004, 05:23   #11
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 19:20
"Yes, end it"

It never really took off, and the MP format offers far more fun and games. We can let MWIA and Method play their own game

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 28, 2004, 10:54   #12
Maniac

I'll ask to remerge the forum with ACDTG unless a small group wants to continue the game on their own.
Old April 1, 2004, 02:25   #13
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Perhaps we should leave this place until the next game is set up, then we can see (should theat turn out to exclude me, which I am sure it will) whether there are some of us left to play this.

I AM still keen, even if I had to be the turnplayer myself.

Old April 1, 2004, 14:23   #14
Maniac

As no comments were made yet at that time, I yesterday asked DanQ and MarkG to merge the ACPSG forum into the ACDTG forum, but after reading your post I cancelled that request.
Old April 1, 2004, 18:16   #15
Hercules
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG3 GaiansC4DG VoxC4WDG éirich tuireannC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsACDG PeaceACDG3 Data Angels
Deity

Local Time: 20:20
Originally ppl were in favour of a Hive faction and coups and the like, but in practice it was hard to reconcile a police state with 'democracy ' and 'coup' mechanisms. So I vote to end it.

However as a forum there may be scope for a SP game as the Drones faction. This would offer the prospect of a workers 'democracy' versus a 'workers democracy', unions, shopstewards etc, workers management. IMO great RP opportunity.
Old April 2, 2004, 22:29   #16
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

Whatever. I just want a SP game to fall back on!

Old June 25, 2004, 19:00   #17
Maniac

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Perhaps we should leave this place until the next game is set up, then we can see (should theat turn out to exclude me, which I am sure it will) whether there are some of us left to play this.
MrWhereItsAt, are you interested in taking over moderatorhood of this forum? If not I'll ask DanQ to archive this forum as soon as the new forum for ACDG3 is set up.