Old March 18, 2004, 19:49   #31
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 19:21
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Its a deal then?

Why not? This will be your last turn as chairman anyway. The CPU quit and the game ends. Why not hand over to someone that is still interested?

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 18, 2004, 21:02   #32
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 12:21
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Its a deal then?

Why not? This will be your last turn as chairman anyway. The CPU quit and the game ends. Why not hand over to someone that is still interested?

-Jam
Because it is not within my power to hand the faction over. If you want to be Chairman fine, run for the office, you can do that you know.
Old March 18, 2004, 21:04   #33
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 19:21
Yeah, that really worked well last time...

I think I'll just go to bed, and hope there's an ACDG to come back to.

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 18, 2004, 21:05   #34
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 12:21
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Yeah, that really worked well last time...

I think I'll just go to bed, and hope there's an ACDG to come back to.

-Jam
Not my fault the electorate didn't like your platform.
Old March 18, 2004, 21:28   #35
Mead
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 MorganAlpha Centauri Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 14:21
Ok, So we might have a problem
I posted an interim turn save.

I just took Longreach and I am clearing the area near Carlise.

Buster suggested that we could drop our rover from Freedman's Park into Sunshine and roll into Carlise, which I just emptied. However, I notice that there is no complete road between Sunshine and Carlise. There is an unroaded forest square in between. I don't want to frop the rover in then drive it torwards Carlise only to find it can't make it and get stuck in the middle.

I could just drop it into Sunshine and wait until next turn, but that's not what i was expecting.

Any thoughts, Plus any thoughts on the rest of the questions I posted.

I did do the former moves and found that there were a few things that Hong Hu suggested that I could not do. I'll post them separately.

I also did the production, but none of the rushes yet.

Mead

http://apolyton.net/upload/view.php?...G-Hive2160.SAV
Old March 18, 2004, 22:37   #36
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 20:21
Drop into Sunshine and wait. If we canīt make it to Carlisle this turn, thereīs no point in leaving an expensive military unit in the field when it could be in the protection of a base instead.
Old March 18, 2004, 23:02   #37
Mead
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Micha
Drop into Sunshine and wait. If we canīt make it to Carlisle this turn, thereīs no point in leaving an expensive military unit in the field when it could be in the protection of a base instead.
It's OK I found a way.

We got Carlisle, plus Kelvin Point.

Kelvin Point is vulnerable to the Ogre coming out of Gardens point 2 spaces away, but if Uni does that they leave Gardens Point undefended. Taking Gardens Point with the Ogre in would cost 2 or 3 healthy aircraft because of the 6-3r-1 Ogre plus base, AC, and sensor bonuses.

I used the Needlejet to take out the CyCon transport. It was a suicide mission. None of our ships could reached and killed it. Plus we would have probably had to use both of our badly damaged choppers to try to kill it with no guarantee of success. And neither one of the choppers would have survived. I had both choppers return home to rest.

I also used the 30% damaged needlejet out of New Moscow to to kill the 4-1-6 CyCon cruiser (the one that killed the Peace schooner)..

I need to know. Do we want to start moving our assets east to prep ourselves for a DA invasion or should I continue moving them west?

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE review and comment on the Turn. I am on Eastern US time and do not want to stay up too late.

Mead

Old March 18, 2004, 23:34   #38
Mead
King

Hong Hu,

I done most of your suggestions. There were a few that I could not do. I note them below.

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Teraforming suggestions:
1. Before any formers act, go to (9, 17) close to Meadapolis, change job of three formers from mine to lower land. Move one former to (10,20) forest.

2. Press w many times so that all former have moved.

3. Move formers at (7,19) to (9,17) lower land. Prepare for borehole.

4. Formers at (10,20) build a forest.

5. Roko need another farm/condensor for food
Former (27,23) move to (31,23), accumulate teraforming
Its set to making a mirror to accumalate.

Quote:
Another former will move into (32,22) and will prepare road the next turn for gang teraforming with others. Formers at (30,22) will continue to accumulate teraforming.

6. Engergy park
Formers around Voltairgrad not including the two formers building a borehold at (21,19) go to rivered square (24,22) to make solar panels. They will continue to make solar panels and mirrors in the area.
I moved one to 23,19 (mirror accumalating, because I don't think it would make it to 24,22 and still be able to work. Let me know if I'm wrong.)

Quote:

7. New base preparation
Propose it named after Arnelos.
Two formers moved into (22,34). Should build road next turn, then move to (23, 35) and build sensor.

8. Boreholes finished in the same area.
Move one former to (17,31)

and another to (14, 26).
This one could only go as far as 16, 26 I moved it there and set it to make a mirror to accumamalate.

Quote:
Prepare to road these squares. Other formers accumulate teraforming. There will be a borehole at (17,31) and a base site at (14,26). There should also be a borehole at (14,24) that should be built using these teraformers.
Are you sure of those coordinates? That's on the edge of the mesa.

Quote:
9. Zeropolis
Send one former at (10,28) to road the mineral bonus square (11,29). The other two accumulate teraforming. Will build a borehole there.
Why not start the borehole now. They can do it. They don't need to accumalate beforehand.

Quote:

10. HongHu KongHu
Looks like the farm that I just built at (19,15) will disappear again the next turn. Four formers move to (16,18) to build borehole.
No can do. It's adjacent to lower terrain. The one I moved there (before I found out) is set to mirror accumalation)

Quote:
Should stop in the way to accumulate teraforming. Two formers move to (21,19) to assist building borehole.

Please let me know your suggestions to the above. If I don't hear anything I will do the best I can.

Mead
Old March 18, 2004, 23:57   #39
Mead
King

Re: CMC: 2160 suggestions
Rubin,

I've done most of this.

See below for exceptions and comments.

Quote:
Originally posted by Rubin
There are 3 areas of importance this year. Here are the initial suggestions of the Central Military Committee:

1) Production Allocation and Central Planning:
Prepare military base at [22,34] by setting up a sensor array at exactly these coordinates and start the production of a colony pod; Frankyburg is an excellent choice. We do NOT have much time!
Formers are on-site, made road, will make sensor next turn. Frankyburg is making CP which will be ready in 2 turns. We can't afford to rush for next turn.

Question - Do we want to set the base at 23,35. I know there are a couple of plusses and minuses. We don't have to decide now, but we should discuss it before next turn.

Quote:

Eight or nine bases are ready for new production orders:
- a Colony Pod
- an Interceptor or Penetrator
- 2 Drop Probes
Do we want these on speeder chassis? They are now set to build on on infantry, like most of the rest. That means they are cheaper but not as versatile. (Primarily defense probes)
Quote:
- 2 Drop Plasma Garrisons
Done.

Quote:
This gives 2 or 3 free bases for additional production requests. By default they should produce Drop Probes, which gives us optimal troop flexibility. Energy reserves should be carefully allocated as we may need extra credits soon!
I set them up for aviation units. This can be changed before the End Turn. We lost a needlejet this turn, plus a number of our choppers are pretty hurt. The interior home bases should make aviation units that can reach the front faster. The bases closer to the fronts should make the drop probe and drop plasmas.

I started 2 choppers, and 1 2,1,2 drop speeder (it costs the same as a 1,1,2 drop speeder.

Quote:
2) Operation "Brainwave":
Proceed with the plans presented by Foreman buster. We should focus on swift conquest of ALL remaining University bases.
We took three. We should be able to take the rest (except Carbotool) next turn.

Quote:
However, it may be advised to contact the Free Drones and get a few things straight:

1) What are the Free Drone plans succeeding the University invasion?
2) Are the Free Drones willing to help the Hive defending the new settlements?
3) What is the situation regarding CyCon probe-warfare?
Ambassador, can you help us here?

The only thing I am really afraid of, especially once we start taking those coastal bases next turn, is probe ships.

Quote:
We have troops already designated for the invasion and these should be dispatched without hesitation.
Done.
Quote:

3) Data Angel region:
The Data Angel base, Coder's Pit, is expected lost to the CyCon. CyCon transport located at [34,50] (visible from Coder's Pit). I strongly suggest that the transport is eliminated; we have 5 units nearby (including 2 badly damaged Choppers). Dispatch any of these to eliminate the transport. The CyCon Impact Cruiser at [30,46] should be considered secondary target, though it poses no real threat. We have idle aircraft at New Moscow to deal with it if nothing else is possible.
Both objectives accomplished at he cost of one brave neeedlejet.

Quote:
Reconnaissance should be high priority in this area and our military forces should ideally soon be invading Data Angel territory. CyCon may capture a few Data Angel bases. I had hoped for an invasion by M.Y. 2164; this is probably not possible now, but we should not let the CyCon hold Data Angel bases for more than a few years--Aerospace Complexes would be devastating for a swift invasion.
I can move our ships SE which will put them at considerable risk but will give us some better recon (while they live).

Also, as I noted earlier, we have some new build units in the Hive homeland. I want to start moving them to our southerestern areas to prep for the Data Angel invasion in the next 2-3 turns. Are we going to continu with the pust west to CyCon or are we going to use these new build ones to take DA.

Mead
Old March 19, 2004, 00:26   #40
Mead
King

I'll hold the turn until about 6:00 am Eastern time US for Hong Hu and Rubin to clarify my questions posted above.

If they don't get back to me I'll have to decide the actions myself and pos the turn.

The questions are not that significant. The most importnt one is do we start to shift our new build units to the est to prep for a DA invasion in 2-3 turns. The way I see it we have more than enough units in the west to take and hold the rest of uni. Unless we are serious about continuing west into CyCon we don't need any more there other than the ones there or already in Drone territory headed west.
I should find something for our formers to do.

I plan to save at least 40 ECs, so I won't do many rushes.

Hong Hu, Rubin, everyone, please offer your comments.
Goodnight all.

Mead
Old March 19, 2004, 00:42   #41
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 13:21
Sounds like you've done a good job Mead. I will review those points you made and try give you an answer in a minute.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 19, 2004, 01:02   #42
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Quote:
Originally posted by Mead

Are you sure of those coordinates? That's on the edge of the mesa.
Yes I checked the teraforming plan. There are boreholes planned at the edge of the mesa.

Quote:
Why not start the borehole now. They can do it. They don't need to accumalate beforehand.
That square is not roaded so if you take the two formers there they will not be able to do teraforming. That why I wanted them to wait one more turn before they move.

Quote:
No can do. It's adjacent to lower terrain. The one I moved there (before I found out) is set to mirror accumalation)
You are right. They need to lower land first.

Quote:
Please let me know your suggestions to the above. If I don't hear anything I will do the best I can.
Other points you raised are all valid and your actions are correct.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 19, 2004, 01:21   #43
Snowflake
Princess

Suggest you change production of Kelvin Grove to a defense probe and move the two workers to the two mines. The defense probe will finish next turn. You can drop the two probs to Guardens point after we conqure it and the next turn drop one prob to Cairns. It will leave Cairns unprotected against probe actions for one turn.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 19, 2004, 01:31   #44
Snowflake
Princess

Kody a worker is working (2,1,0) suggest change to a forest (1,2,1)

Suggest Longreach produce a police scout instead plasma garrison.

Suggest rush apachy at seat of unit at 24ec. Otherwise it looks like it will go into Riot the next turn.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 19, 2004, 01:45   #45
Rubin
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer

Local Time: 21:21
Comrade Mead, from your detailed report it seems everything has been done correctly. The military base is designated to [22,34]; it is not intended as a coastal base.

I am not sure exactly how Foreman buster has intended Operation "Brainwave", but it seems we, the Hive, were given almost free choices at this stage of the campaign. The Central military Committee shall have a closer look at our situation by M.Y. 2161.

Our reconnaissance near the Data Angels was primarily intended to guard our homeland. Our naval vessels may be in danger, though--hopefully, we'll stall any CyCon advancements.

Finally, I want to comment you on the difficult decision to sacrifice an aircraft in order to relieve the CyCon of their invasion force planning to capture Coder's Pit. Well done, Comrade Mead!

Comrade Rubin
Chairman of the Central Military Committe.
Old March 19, 2004, 01:48   #46
Snowflake
Princess

Oh, btw, I still have my question. Couldn't we take the empty Roze base Coders pit using our ships?

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 19, 2004, 02:22   #47
Rubin
staff
Alpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV: Multiplayer

Local Time: 21:21
Comrade HongHu, sorry for not answering your question regarding Coder's Pit earlier:

No, we cannot capture Coder's Pit since we do not have any units capable of invading the base; Coder's Pit is simply too far away currently.

Comrade Rubin
Old March 19, 2004, 09:28   #48
Mead
King

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
Kody a worker is working (2,1,0) suggest change to a forest (1,2,1)

Suggest Longreach produce a police scout instead plasma garrison.

Suggest rush apachy at seat of unit at 24ec. Otherwise it looks like it will go into Riot the next turn.
Kody worker moved.

Longreach is now making Police Scout.

Scout at Seat of Unity upgrades to Police at cost of 10EC.

Mead
Old March 19, 2004, 09:32   #49
Mead
King

Quote:

Our reconnaissance near the Data Angels was primarily intended to guard our homeland. Our naval vessels may be in danger, though--hopefully, we'll stall any CyCon advancements.
2-2-4 foil making its way clockwise around Peace Pod Island (that's what I'm calling it) to patrol straight east of it.

1-3-6 cruiser two squares behind our needlejet near Coder's pit. Safe for now, but ready to patrol that straight once our needlejet returns home next turn (also ready to take Conshelf57 should the need arise).

Mead
Old March 19, 2004, 09:50   #50
Mead
King

Turn Complete.

This is what was sent to Uni.

Mead

Old March 19, 2004, 11:22   #51
Snowflake
Princess

Quote:
Comrade HongHu, sorry for not answering your question regarding Coder's Pit earlier:

No, we cannot capture Coder's Pit since we do not have any units capable of invading the base; Coder's Pit is simply too far away currently.

Comrade Rubin
I tried to move our cruiser into that base and it didn't let me. What do you need to capture a base? You can't use a ship?

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 19, 2004, 11:25   #52
Snowflake
Princess

Well done Comrade Mead!

Quote:
Originally posted by Mead
Peace Pod Island
Mead
Nice name. I think we still have a couple landmark name hidden under some bases? Maybe we could release one for the island.

Grapefruit Garden
Old April 5, 2004, 09:08   #53
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 05:21
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Quote:
Agree with CMC at setting base at [22,34]. This is my original plan also before I referenced Jamski and Kody's plan. However I agree that time do not allow us to move further to the coast.
Not sure if this is the right base... near new moscow ????

That original plan had the base at the coast due to the probe foil bug. The probe foil after infiltration returns to the nearest base and I was predicting a later war possibly with peace. I expected that probe foils might be used against them and if that base is inland probe foils may end up land locked.

However, that isn't an issue anymore considering current state of the game. Unlikely to go on a probe offensive.

Mead,

What can I say.... good work.