Old March 18, 2004, 00:58   #1
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 15:22
Local Date: November 2, 2010
conmcb25 is thinking about joining so recruit me :)
OK, I have been thinking about this for a while now (several months) and last weekend I found the laptop collection at Best Buy and now have SMAC and SMAX.

I played a game this weekend and remembered how much I enjoyed this game and its features.

So a couple of questions.

1. What are the current scores or standings of each team? Is that public knowledge and can it be published.

2. Which teams need some help?

3. What year is the game in?

4. About how far along would you say the game is;25%, 50%, etc.

OK let the recruiting begin
Old March 18, 2004, 01:15   #2
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 19:22
Your god suggests you join the
Old March 18, 2004, 01:18   #3
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
Your god suggests you join the
Cat got your tongue?

And clearly you are not my god UNTIL I join
Old March 18, 2004, 01:34   #4
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 06:22
Local Date: November 3, 2010
CyCon is good.
Hive seems to have lots of internal turmoil.
Peace seems to have a distinct lack of bases due to a recent war with CyCon.
PUT have joined with CyCon and all their members are now CyCon members.
Drones are hosted and run off-site at CGN. They have minimal role-playing due to not even being at this site very often.

Basically your choice is between CyCon and the Hive, both of which are comparable, or PEACE if you enjoy the role-playing aspect and like playing the underdog.
Old March 18, 2004, 01:49   #5
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 12:22
I wholehartedly agree with my colleague from the CyCon about all that they have said. That being so, come to the Hive for political intrigue, coup attempts by Jamski have become an annual thing.
Old March 18, 2004, 01:51   #6
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 13:22
You can start a republican party at the Hive con.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 01:53   #7
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by HongHu
You can start a republican party at the Hive con.

Didn't Arnelos already do that?

Old March 18, 2004, 02:16   #8
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Well I think you really need at least two people for it to be called a party.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 04:29   #9
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I reccommend you join the CyCon

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 18, 2004, 04:36   #10
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Old March 18, 2004, 04:46   #11
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

I was serious. The Hive sucks arse.

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 06:21   #12
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:22
con - just remember, you can either join us now or you'll eventually end up joining us later.

* The Comrade starts pounding his shoe on the table about how we will bury the enemy!
Old March 18, 2004, 06:32   #13
Skanky Burns

...before being nerve-staples and led quietly away.
Ah, could we get someone in here to clean up his drool?
Old March 18, 2004, 08:11   #14
DeathByTheSword
ACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Spartans
King

but everyone is right if you want to roleplay it is the HIVE and Cycon...no one knows anything of the drones....but we know that they are EVIL...they has to be
'Space05us is just a stupid nice guy' - Space05us
Old March 18, 2004, 08:38   #15
Jamski
Deity

They are.

I know they are

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 09:57   #16
Skanky Burns

The Drones smell funny.
Old March 18, 2004, 10:56   #17
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
The Drones smell funny.
They do huh?

It obvious the other "secret place" was down last night.

Because Spamski and Spammy Burns we spending a lot of time here.

Im kind of torn between going with the few folks I know pretty well (Hive folks) and going with the people I dont know well at all so I can meet some new players (CyCON)

I may have to go ask the Oracle about this.

BTW Skanky who is the absolute doll in your avatar, I have been having very evil thoughts about her for months!!!!!!
Old March 18, 2004, 12:01   #18
Snowflake
Princess

Just remember con that CCs do not have any kind of doll like that (they aren't full humans remember?) and that's why about the only thing they can do is to have some evil thoughts.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 12:15   #19
Snowflake
Princess

Oh and one more thing I forgot. Your hero has applied to be a speech writer at the Hive.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 13:56   #20
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
I was serious. The Hive sucks arse.

-Jam
What is your definition of "sucks arse?"
Old March 18, 2004, 14:04   #21
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Just remember con that CCs do not have any kind of doll like that (they aren't full humans remember?) and that's why about the only thing they can do is to have some evil thoughts.
I dunno H2, I kind of like the idea of a "programable woman", I could program her to do anything I want, sounds like a really great alternative to the old ball and chain.
Old March 18, 2004, 14:16   #22
Snowflake
Princess

Ahh. Isn't it true for all men? You all accuses somebody being slaves of somebody else. But when it comes to yourself, you want a slave or some slaves for yourself don't you.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 14:16   #23
Jamski
Deity

Con, join the Hive and DO IT NOW and vote "yes" for the crusade, or there won't be a demo game for you to join.

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 14:18   #24
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Con, join the Hive and DO IT NOW and vote "yes" for the crusade, or there won't be a demo game for you to join.

-Jam
But I thought you said they "sucked arse" ?
Old March 18, 2004, 14:19   #25
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Ahh. Isn't it true for all men? You all accuses somebody being slaves of somebody else. But when it comes to yourself, you want a slave or some slaves for yourself don't you.
Nah, I just want a programable woman, is that too much to ask?
Old March 18, 2004, 14:21   #26
Jamski
Deity

Quote:
But I thought you said they "sucked arse" ?
They do, but joining would make them suck an estimated 24% less arse.

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 14:22   #27
Snowflake
Princess

I wish you luck con.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 14:27   #28
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
I wish you luck con.
On finding a programable woman or joining the right team?
Old March 18, 2004, 14:44   #29
Snowflake
Princess

Well I think you might only be able to get one of the two.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 18, 2004, 15:02   #30
Jamski
Deity

The woman will last you longer

-Jam