Old March 18, 2004, 20:14   #1
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Local Time: 19:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
A Call to Arms! (save our demo game) 2
Unless we can all convince the Hive dictatorship NOW, as in the next 24 hours or even less, this democracy game will come to an end.

I call upon all citizens of the true APOLYTON democracy game to forget their differences. I call upon members of all factions to unite! I call upon workers to overthrow thier governments and act, for if we do not act now, then Planet is doomed to suffer under the brutal mastery of the faceless Drones.

I call PEACE to rise from the waves anew to face the menace of the Drones. Your enemies are not the CyCon or the PUT, your true enemies are the Drones! They sit secret and faceless in isolation. They could have stopped the CyCon/PEACE war with a single word - but they never speak.

I call CyCon to forget the battle for the seas of Chiron, and fight for the hearts of Chiron instead! Leave the PEACE in peace, take your mighty armies and fling them at the Drones! Let your marines storm the citiadels of the gods themselves! Only then can we see true happiness on Planet.

I call the PUT to join with thier brothers. Once the proffessors were active in the councils of this world, and now is the time to hear them speak again. Only with the technology of your laboratories can we hope to defeat this, the greatest threat to face the ACDG.

Finally I call upon my own faction, the Hive, the faction I founded, the faction I have called my home for so many years. We can provide the muscle for this great war, this great enterprise of all humanity, but first we need the WILL! We need to break free from the chains that have bound us so long, for the in-fighting, from the chains of slavery that tie us to our "masters" the Drones. We are the faction with the hardest choice to make. Do we back up the bully, or stand against them, back to back with our Apolyton friends for the final battle.

We may not win, not even all four of us together, but if even one of us was to help the Drones, then all of us would fail. We must try, for the sake of Apolyton, for the sake of Chiron and for the sake of the ACDG.

Cyborgs, Pirates, Professors and Comrades : The matter is in your hands alone. If we do not act though before the Hive is dragged into a war started by the Drones, then it will be too late.

-Jam, for you.

(as before, but without personal attacks)
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 18, 2004, 20:21   #2
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

Local Time: 15:24
Yes we better keep away from the personnal attacks.

Tass LOVES closing threads
Old March 18, 2004, 20:24   #3
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Voltaire is unbending. he is determined to destroy the game. We can only hope that enough other Hive members vote to save the game too, otherwise we'll know who to blame.

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 20:25   #4
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Low-fat spam
Remember: If unhealthy fatty oils build up in this thread....
Old March 18, 2004, 20:28   #5
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 21:24
In his thoughts he is co-op victor, I guess.

Well, Jamski, It seems you now what team to avoid in the future. The one with Voltaire on the helm

As on a more constructive note:

I'm prepared to send ALL troops to any nation that dears attacking good ol' CPU.

I can't speak for my faction mates off course, but we're quite logical inthere.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 18, 2004, 20:29   #6
Jamski
Deity

I used to have so much respect for him

But this thread is NOT an anti-Voltaire thread. This is a thread for PEACE, CyCon, PUT and Hive to unite against the Drones.

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 20:55   #7
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Local Time: 12:24
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Voltaire is unbending. he is determined to destroy the game. We can only hope that enough other Hive members vote to save the game too, otherwise we'll know who to blame.

-Jam
Yes, that's right, I'm here to destroy the game. If you have not noticed I'm simply a) following the will of the Hive, and b) doing what is in the best interests of the Hive (i.e. winning).
Old March 18, 2004, 20:57   #8
conmcb25
inmate
Civilization III Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization II Succession GamesPtWDG2 MonkeyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Vox ControliScenario League / Civ2-CreationAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG3 MorganApolyton UniversityIron CiversCivilization II MultiplayerC3CDG Team BabylonCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsCiv4 SP Democracy GameBtS Tri-LeagueC4DG SarantiumPolyCast TeamCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontC4WDG CalysiumC4BtSDG Templars
Deity

hey guys can we just talk about whether or not we should gang up on the Drones or not?

If you guys want to attack one another why dont you do it in the chat room or via PM?
Old March 18, 2004, 20:57   #9
Voltaire
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessNever Ending StoriesC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansACDG The Human Hive
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GeoModder
Well, Jamski, It seems you now what team to avoid in the future. The one with Voltaire on the helm
You know what, this is unfair. There seems to be this assumption that I am being some tyrant imposing my will on the Hive, fine frankly I really do not care what the perception is but it is just that, a perception. I merely follow the orders of the Hive, and yes I have my opinions as well and in this case they are in line with the majority, but I would follow the wishes of the Hive even if I were to disagree with them.
Old March 18, 2004, 20:59   #10
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25
hey guys can we just talk about whether or not we should gang up on the Drones or not?

If you guys want to attack one another why dont you do it in the chat room or via PM?
Ditto, please?
Old March 18, 2004, 20:59   #11
Voltaire
King

Quote:
Originally posted by conmcb25

Fair enough, my opinion is no, I will not support any such efforts since the Hive made commitments to the Drones and vice versa, commitments which the Drones have lived up to and which I hope the Hive will live up to as well.
Old March 18, 2004, 20:59   #12
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Thanks Voltaire
Old March 18, 2004, 21:05   #13
Jamski
Deity

Well, I HAVE to sleep. I hope to wake up in a world where people are more interested in friendship than hollow victory.

-Jam
Old March 18, 2004, 21:08   #14
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 20:24
Hey, I´ve got an idea:

Why don´t we (in the Hive) all fight each other until only one person is left who can then rule this matter? Oh, I see, you´re already starting...

Jamski, as arousing your first post´s speech was, the rest of this thread is flaming. Voltaire is a great leader, maybe he thought about things more intensively than you, dear Jam...

I am shocked by your ongoing attempts to overthrow the whole Hive faction. This is at least the third time that you disclose secret information to the public forum just because the Hive´s policy doesn´t follow your course.

Maybe the autocratic police state that is the Hive is the wrong faction for you... Even though this is a democracy game, it doesn´t mean that your idea has to be adopted by the team.

Please stop flaming the Chairman, he´s doing a good job.
Old March 18, 2004, 21:09   #15
conmcb25
inmate
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Well, I HAVE to sleep. I hope to wake up in a world where people are more interested in friendship than hollow victory.

-Jam

Bah!

Jamski's world is about to end and he wants to sleep

Anybody else want to do a Drone Gang bang?
Old March 18, 2004, 21:24   #16
Makahlua
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG2 TabemonoACDG PeaceCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG3 Data AngelsC4WDG Team ApolytonC3CDG Blood Oath HordeBtS Tri-LeagueCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV PBEMC4DG The HordeCiv4 SP Democracy GameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 14:24
Yeah, we and all our 2 Unity Rovers aren't going to be much help...

/me decides to duck and cover and hope noone has PB;s
Old March 19, 2004, 02:31   #17
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 13:24
Quote:
Quote:
There is once this person who talks about honors and sportsmanship. Where is that person now?
He is openly betraying his faction to the people of Chiron. Now, if you are not for this cause, if you are not for fighting the Drones with every last mineral, nutrient and energy credit, GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE, all you can do is go and pick the crumbs left over by the Drones and slap each other on the back and say
"Oh we played so well and won the ACDG"

-Jam
I thought that I know you quite well dear Jamski. I didn't know that you are also capable of talking like this to me. I thought you treasured me. I didn't know when needed you would not be hesitate to throw dirt on me. I am sorry, I just don't know how to talk bad even if I wanted to.

You used to be the love of my heart. You used to be my hero. You led me into this game. You taught me about this game. You, SU, Frankychan, Voltaire and others helped me grow up in this game. I had valued your integrity, your courage, your honor so much. I had trusted you so much. My heart pained for you when they prosecuted you. I had said that if you would quit the team I would go with you. If you would go down I would go with you. When they thought about transfering you to another team, I fighted for you. I didn't know that you are capable of being this mean to your friends, that you can attack and insult them without basis and without feeling the slightest guilt. I didn't know that you can trash the honor that you had upheld for so long just this easily.

I have seen so many people that are acting honorably. I saw Impaler saying that they will not use your turn because it is against rule, even if he knows your turn would be favorable to them. I saw Drogue spend countless time debating ideologies and still welcomes everybody in his rec room with a general heart. I saw PEACE members do not surrender to the CPU, nor to the Hive, even if it means that they have to fight to their last drop of blood. They haven't even asked for ecs or units even if they are hard fighting to survive.

But I see you, dragging somebody you claimed to be your friend before, to an angry mess, and say "Beat him. He is the reason of your bad fate." While you hide behind and show them that you are the one that is friendly to your "friends". How cowardly.

If there must be somebody who take the fall for you, let it be me. When I realized that a joint victory of three strong faction is not favored by the GMs it was me who suggested to the CCs that they should pact with PEACE and Uni, so that they can be a balanced counter force to the Hive Drones pact. I knew that the Hive has planned to invade Uni from even before the start of the game. And I know that the merge of CPU meant the permanent departure of Hive and CyCon. I have tried my best to play fair and honest. I initiated the council motion, for I want the CPU to know our intention. I did not want to do as what you suggested at the time, to pretend to be very friendly with them and then attack anyway. If the CPU choose to end the game because they believe they do not want to fight, let them blame me. It is me who insisted in Hive choosing this road which lead to the current state. Let them beat me. I will not cry.

But I will cry for you, my dear Jamski. I will cry for a dream that has ended perhaps a long time ago. Only I have been refusing to open my eyes.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 19, 2004, 03:24   #18
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Gave this thread a second chance....
Toast. Again.