Old March 18, 2004, 23:08   #1
Arnelos
Civilization III Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMPtWDG2 Mohammed Al-SahafACDG The Human HiveC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamIron CiversApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4DG SarantiumCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 14:24
Local Date: November 2, 2010
Address by the Human Hive CFAC Concerning the War with CPU
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING DISCLAIMER

NOTE: The following "speech" is quite completely and entirely roleplay. Since its author is essentially brand new to this game, he has no history upon which to actually base any negative opinion of CPU and what few CPU members he knows or has any familiarity with he actually likes. In short, he has a positive view of CPU. This speech is made instead by an RP persona which obviously feels a bit differently.

Now, speaking of speaking in third person, Bob Dole is actually a really nice guy if you ever get to me him (I have ).

To those who lack the stomach for tolerating RP, please simply ignore it rather than reading it and becoming uselessly annoyed. A useful summary for those who fall into this category and care not to be annoyed might be:

"Blah, blah, blah, we declare war on CPU. Blah,blah, blah, it is our intention to wipe CPU out. Blah, blah, blah, the Hive, the Drones, and PEACE are cool."

If you think you'll just become uselessly annoyed or incensed by reading on, please just refrain from doing so.

If you appreciate RP and would like to read on, please do!

You have been fairly warned.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

[roleplay]

OFFICIAL STATEMENT BY THE CHAIRMAN OF THE CENTRAL FOREIGN AFFAIRS COMMITTEE:

(delivered as an address to the planet via Hive state-run media)

It would seem, my brethren, that we stand at the twilight of the human race. As we have squabbled and fought one another as our people have done for millennia, we have sat idly by as the greatest threat to our survival has continued to grow. As we have concerned ourselves far too frequently with one another, this mortal threat posed to us has grown ever worse and few of our number have, as yet, chosen to face it. We now risk our own extinction if we continue in this path of complacency.

Humanity has faced extinction once before, on Earth. Our forbearers, seeing the certain extinction of our race developing around them, had the wisdom to build and launch this mission... that even if Earth should die, that humanity might live on. Our race narrowly escaped from the jaws of death due to the enlightened leadership of these forbearers, humans of passion and vision who hoped beyond hope that through their efforts, humanity might yet be saved. Their success in that endeavor is a testament to their enlightenment and to the resilient tenacity of our race. Though we were ourselves responsible for our own imperilment before, it was enlightened leaders such as these who saved us.

Once again, humanity is in need of such leadership. Once again, the actions of a few heinous individuals who have long since lost their own humanity imperils the survival of the entire race. I speak, as I am sure you must know, of the cybernetic plague. They forcefully assimilated large portions of what little remains of the human race into the cybernetic plague, violating both the sanctity of the human race and the self-determination of these human peoples. Their recent actions in forcefully assimilating the people of the PEACE demonstrate with alarming clarity their true intentions. Their recent actions against fleeing PEACE forces only serves to illustrate the point of how the cybernetic plague has robbed them of whatever once existed of their humanity.

This plague upon our race has been allowed by our complacency and neglect to grow and only now that it has revealed its true nature do many of us realize our error in allowing it to grow as much as it already has. The time for such complacency is finished, however. We can no longer afford to stand idly by as our race is systematically driven into extinction by the spread of the cybernetic plague. As the leaders of our race, we have a solemn obligation to face this threat now rather than to resign ourselves to the twilight of our race.

It is because of this conviction that the Human Hive announces that we have begun the final war to protect the sanctity, indeed the very survival, of the human race. In concert with our Free Drone and PEACE allies, we seek to liberate the peoples of Chiron from the evil taint of the cybernetic plague and, in doing so, to achieve the salvation of the human race.

It is our hope that the tortured souls cruelly afflicted by this plague and warped by its heinous intentions can be liberated and given back their humanity. It is thus that we bear no hatred for many of these poor misguided souls who lead the plague and the poor tortured souls they have forcefully infected. As to all of these that we wish to save, we bear for them only love. It is not our intent to destroy them, but to save them. We retain hope that many may yet be saved, though we know that many may die in the war to come and will thus never be saved. We believe this is an unfortunate price, but one that must be paid for our and their salvation.

The comrade citizens of the Human Hive support their leadership in this solemn mission. Like us, their leaders, they understand that to do otherwise would to be to ensure the eventual extinction of the human race as the cybernetic plague continues to spread. They understand the threat that the cybernetic plague poses to us all and that we, their leaders, are obligated by our solemn vows to serve the human race to take this action. Furthermore, the loyal and dutiful comrade citizens of the Human Hive understand the value of human leadership over the inhumanity and sheer chaos sponsored by the misguided souls of the cybernetic plague's collective.

They understand, unlike the misguided souls that we must attempt to save, that although humanity is far from perfect, among the redeeming values of humanity is the passion, drive, enlightenment, and vision of those individuals who become the most exceptional of their leaders. The comrade citizens of the Hive have extraordinary faith in Chairman Voltaire and the rest of the leadership of humanity that they can indeed save our race from extinction. That faith is not misplaced, either. They remember well the leadership and guidance which has been provided by Chairman Voltaire and the other leaders of the Hive throughout our faction's history and it is this history of enlightened and benevolent leadership which gives them so much faith now.

It is worth noting that these are precisely the qualities in human leadership that the misguided souls of the cybernetic plague most revile. As they seek to destroy the very spirit and drive that defines humanity, they have left themselves without the same type of leadership as that which Chairman Voltaire provides, a leadership inspired by passion and vision. As they seek to destroy so-called "undesirable right-brain functions" in favor of a purely cold and harsh inhumanity, they deprive themselves of the very qualities that make humanity most redeemable for all of its many faults.

So it is that Chairman Voltaire has once again demonstrated the sheer strength of his vision as to lead us in this endeavor as he has lead the Hive so many times before. As with the passionate human leaders of vision who sought to save our race from extinction before, so it is with Chairman Voltaire, who shall seek to lead us with all of his ability in this crusade to once again save our race.

We must note, however, that Chairman Voltaire and the Hive are not alone in this struggle and in many of these beliefs. We are joined in this struggle by such valiant figures as Foreman Buster of the Free Drones and the valiant people of the Free Drones, whose steadfast courage and integrity are above repute, as with the dutiful productivity of their citizenship. They have built, by human hands and with human leadership, what many recognize as a pinnacle of civilization. They have demonstrated amply that through hard work and sacrifice on behalf of the common good, humanity can achieve greatness without the evil of the cybernetic plague. We have faith that this greatness which they have achieved through such monumental dedication will be precisely what humanity needs to save itself in conjunction with that of their allies.

As for the PEACE, we must acknowledge that PEACE recognized the threat posed to all of humanity by the cybernetic plague before the rest of us did. In doing so, we recognize the unique prescience of the leadership of PEACE, prescience that we would all do well to learn from. It is our hope that we can do everything in our power to save the valiant people of the PEACE who have long been fighting the cybernetic plague alone on behalf of the rest of humanity while we have failed to aid them. We can only hope that we may yet save them from the fate the cybernetic plague wishes for them and that regardless of their fate, that their sacrifice on behalf of all of humanity is long remembered in reverence. We must insist that their sacrifice must not be one which was made in vain... We owe it to them as much as we owe it to ourselves to ensure that the cybernetic plague is stopped.

It is thus that our peoples, those of the Human Hive, the Free Drones, and the PEACE, shall hopefully join together in this endeavor. We realize that our success is not guaranteed and we even understand that should we fail, we will have nothing other than our own earlier complacency in the face of mortal danger to blame. However, we have since come to understand the nature of our plight as the cybernetic plague has revealed its true nature in forcefully assimilating the PEACE and seeking their utter destruction. If there is still any chance that we may prevent such a fate from befalling the rest of humanity, we must do everything in our limited power to prevent such a fate.

We must rise to this fight and we must not stop the fight until all of Chiron has been liberated from the cybernetic plague or until the cybernetic plague has finally driven humanity into extinction. No other options remain to us. We face the potential twilight of our race and we must hope beyond hope, as did our visionary forbearers, that our efforts now will be enough to save us.

We must not let the petty disputes which have divided us do so any longer. We must have faith in one another, in our shared humanity. We must love one another, as we love the poor misguided souls we seek to save. Most importantly, we must recognize that we will either stand together, or we will fall.

In brotherhood, we may yet prevail.

[/roleplay]

Last edited by Nubclear; March 19, 2004 at 00:07.
Old March 18, 2004, 23:44   #2
Kody
ACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 SpartansACDG3 CMNs
Emperor

Local Time: 05:24
Local Date: November 3, 2010
Hey I came just in time for the announcement. How cool is that. Although I should be doing work right now.

It looks like it'll take a really long time to read all the brickering, then again I could just stop being uptodate.

My current state is now shown on my avatar.
Old March 19, 2004, 00:08   #3
Nubclear
NationStatesCall to Power II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamRise of Nations MultiplayerACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG The Free DronesACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessGalCiv Apolyton EmpireACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansCiv4 SP Democracy GameDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Peace
PolyCast Thread Necromancer

Local Time: 19:24
I edited your post to make it so it didn't scroll horizontally.
Just removed a few "-"
Old March 19, 2004, 04:00   #4
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

Goodbye Hive.

/me leaves the Hive *

-Jam
Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.
Old March 19, 2004, 18:34   #5
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 21:24
Nice one, Arnelos.

/me allows a tear to drop.

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 19, 2004, 22:56   #6
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 12:24
Yes Congradualtions on the nice speach, I must admit that for a moment I wanted to destroy CPU as well. Then Lauri smacked me around with a large trout and I came back to my senses.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old March 19, 2004, 23:06   #7
Trithemius
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Data Angels
Prince

Local Time: 07:24
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Goodbye Hive.

* Jamski leaves the Hive *
Joining PEACE now?
Old March 19, 2004, 23:54   #8
Snowflake
ACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 GaiansACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNs
Princess

Local Time: 13:24
Quote:
Originally posted by Impaler[WrG]
Yes Congradualtions on the nice speach, I must admit that for a moment I wanted to destroy CPU as well. Then Lauri smacked me around with a large trout and I came back to my senses.
How about leave CPU and join Hive? Just joking. It will be so much fun if there is a short period of time when all players can shuffle around and find his/her true love.

Grapefruit Garden
Old March 20, 2004, 01:38   #9
Impaler[WrG]
Civilization IV CreatorsACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 MorganPolyCast Team
King

Local Time: 12:24
I always felt it would be a good idea if when a faction is concoured and eliminated if all its members join the concourer and together they keep playing the game together. If thats what happens I would personaly be glad to join a new team and start contributing if their is infact going to be much game beyond this current conflict.
Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche
Old March 20, 2004, 01:45   #10
FlameFlash
Call to Power PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMMacACDG PeaceCall To Power SuperLeagueACDG3 Data AngelsCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization III MultiplayerC4BtSDG Team Banana
Emperor

Local Time: 13:24
You see... and there I was thinking the opposite Impaler.

Maybe some would elect to stick around, but others would flee and join other factions (2 turn 'waiting' period as they fight their way to the other factions).

As always, will play after work. I wonder if I'll ever be able to turn that the other way...
Old March 20, 2004, 03:36   #11
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 06:24
But no 2-turn wait if they join the conquering faction.
Old March 20, 2004, 08:31   #12
Jamski
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
Deity

How about a 0 turn wait to join the losing faction ???

-Jam
Old March 20, 2004, 11:41   #13
GeoModder
ACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Data AngelsC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG The Goonies
Deity

Local Time: 21:24
Who says the CPU is losing, Jamski?

SMAC(X) Marsscenario
Old March 20, 2004, 11:46   #14
Jamski
Deity

Well, if I was allowed to join the CPU I could see the turn...

But I know for a fact that the Hive and the Drone have taken a significant number of bases already. Of course I can't see the CPU counter attack, so I may be pleasantly surprised.

Go for it CPU, and hopefully soon I can fight alongside you!

-Jam
Old March 20, 2004, 14:07   #15
Micha
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 SpartansACDG The Human HiveNever Ending StoriesACDG3 MorganACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG PeaceACDG Planet University of TechnologyCivilization III Democracy GameC3CDG Team BabylonC4DG Team Banana
King

Local Time: 20:24
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamski
Well, if I was allowed to join the CPU I could see the turn...

But I know for a fact that the Hive and the Drone have taken a significant number of bases already. Of course I can't see the CPU counter attack, so I may be pleasantly surprised.

Go for it CPU, and hopefully soon I can fight alongside you!

-Jam
So you´re a traitor, after all. I suspected something like that for long now, though I hoped I was wrong...